BSW Admission 2022: Bachelor of Social Work is mostly abbreviated as BSW. It is an undergraduate course taught for a duration of 3 years. Students enrolled in this course learn about the important aspect of the field of social work and to work efficiently in this area. The various Indian institutes where this course can be studied are Madras Christian College, Amity University, Patna University, and so on.
Students in the BSW program are taught about the subjects of Introduction to Social Work, Role of NGOs, Sexual Health Education, Psychology Concepts of Human Behavior, Introduction to Family Education, and so on. There are both criteria followed for BSW Admissions are the merit and entrance exam. Most Universities start their admissions for BSW in MY every year.
Eligibility Criteria for BSW Admission
Candidates’ eligibility for taking this course is based on two conditions either the entrance exam or merit. The merit required by the candidates is given as
- Candidates need a necessary qualification of the 12th standard to pass from a recognized institute.
- In passing the required qualification a score of 50% must be secured by candidates of the general category and there is a 5% relaxation for reserved candidates.
- A candidate completing the 12th standard in any stream is welcome to apply.
BSW Admission Fee Structure
The tuition fee of BSW in different colleges and Universities is varying and an average estimation of the fee is about INR 6500 per year.
BSW Admission Updates
- IGNOU has extended the last date of Admission to 10 October 2022 for BSW Admission 2022. Know More
- Amity University has started the BSW Admission 2022. All interested students can apply now.
BSW Admission Highlights
|BSW Full form||Bachelor of Social Work|
|BSW Duration||3 years|
|BSW Eligibility||The aspirants must pass (10+2) Secondary and Higher Secondary from a recognized board in humanities and science background|
|Bachelor of Social Work Average Fees||INR 17,400|
|BSW Admission||Merit or Entrance Exam|
|Bachelor of Social Work Subjects||
|Top BSW Universities/Colleges||
|Bachelor of Social Work Specializations||
BSW Admission 2022
The School of Social Work in IGNOU offers a three-year degree program at BSW. Admission to the BSW program started in the July academic cycle, and the last date to enrol is 10 October 2022. Individuals can apply to a social work-oriented degree program by using online/offline mode. The registration fee of IGNOU BSW is INR 300, and the total fee is INR 17,700. Fees for the IGNOU BSW program can be deposited yearly at INR 5900.
IGNOU BSW program admission can be taken after completing the 12th. No merit list or entrance test shall be included for admission to the BSW program. The BSW program teaches about the introduction of social work, family education, substance abuse, social work intervention, and more.
BSW Admission Updates
IGNOU has extended the last date of Admission to 10 October 2022 for BSW Admission 2022. Know More
Amity University has started the BSW Admission 2022. All interested students can apply now.
Top Specializations in BSW
The programme has been broken into specialized fields because it is not really possible to cover all of the topics on the curriculum. As a result, candidates for the BSW degree can opt to specialize in specific areas. The majority of institutions need accrediting programmes as part of the curriculum to provide students with the chance to learn about domains in which they are not specializing in addition to the specific subject in which they have decided to specialize. The following are the specialities that most students pursue because they have better employment prospects:
- Criminal Injustice: No jail has ever been vacant since there have always been criminals in the world. In regard to researching and understanding criminals, a social worker with specialized expertise in this area is charged with the immense responsibility of resettling a felon who has done time in prison or is on probation back into society. Our culture has a poor opinion of somebody who has been convicted and sentenced to imprisonment, irrespective of the reasons underlying the person’s conviction. At this point, a social worker’s greater duties are required. They must provide counseling to the prisoners and their dependents, ensure that their civil liberties are not violated, help these ex-offenders with self-rehabilitation, assess their level of unlawful way of thinking, and recommend healthcare services as needed.
- School Social Work: Recent years have seen a marked increase in the importance and popularity of this subject. The responsibilities of a school social worker include identifying students who are having mental issues and delivering them with cognitive therapy, getting involved to maintain the destabilization of the administration-teacher-student-parent linkage, and advising the school authorities on the finest manners to lessen students’ emotional distress, etc. People who have decided to focus on this field will have developed communication skills with children and adolescents.
- Family and Child Social Work: The vast proportion of households today are nuclear ones. Both parents working would be the norm in most households. The students opt to devote their spare time glued to their electronics in addition to being incredibly occupied with their studies. In many houses, direct communication has dropped to the extent where family and friends seldom speak to one another, and family members now appear to be rather shut off from one another.
- Mental Health and Addiction: This is one of the most well-known and challenging specialities out there. It prepares a student to deal with people who are mentally ill and people who have psychological problems as a result of substance abuse. Parts of the job include risk assessment, group, and one-on-one counselling sessions, medical solution evaluation and referral, follow-up treatment, and rehabilitation activities. The importance of mental health has increased in the modern period due to a variety of circumstances, such as psychological trauma at home and at work, family issues, a widening generational gap, substance abuse, etc. The task at hand for the social worker with expertise in this area is vital. A psychiatric social worker must have completed training in this field to practice.
BSW Application Form 2022
Students who apply based on Merit criteria will be selected on a direct basis and in such type of admissions students are shortlisted base on their intermediate marks. The Universities select students through the admission test. An aptitude test for the selections is conducted by some institutes and Osmania University is one of those.
BSW Admissions 2022: How to Apply?
There will be an online application system that should be followed by the aspirants to get their registrations done. In order to apply details are given as
- Select the course you want to apply for and then fill out the application form.
- There will be an application fee that must be paid to submit forms.
- If there is any entrance exam appear in that one.
- Score higher in the exam to be selected and then the interview will be conducted.
- After the test and interview, the selected candidates can see their names on the merit list.
Why Study BSW?
Studying BSW provides a variety of lucrative that can be obtained by the candidates after its completion and these are given as:
- This course helps the students to move in the field and know about the problems of poor people and then provide a better solution for their problems.
- In this regard, many NGOs are working in the country and students having this degree can become a part of these NGOs.
- Students after this course acquire enough capacity and social skills to solve the economic and social issues of the poorest.
- There are many forms where such degree holders are in high demand.
BSW Career Aspects and Scope
There are numerous job choices available to social work graduates. They can get work in any of their preferred fields. The following are some frequent job prospects available to BSW Course students:
- Criminology Specialist
- Executive Officer
- Social Worker
Jobs in the BSW Course are not suitable for those who cannot handle challenges. It is specially made for those who are passionate about bringing about change in contemporary society. For better job prospects, students can earn a master’s degree (MSW) in social work or choose to focus on a particular industry. Graduates of bachelor’s programmes in social work are typically employed by reputable businesses and NGOs like UNESCO, UNICEF, Al Jazeera, CNN, etc.
Top Universities Offering BSW Admission
- Utkal University
- Vardhman Mahaveer Open University
- Devi Ahilya Vishwavidyalaya
- Savitribai Phule Pune University
- UP Rajarshi Tandon Open University
- Maharshi Dayanand University
- Central University of Haryana
- Banaras Hindu University
- Sam Higginbottom Institute of Agriculture Technology and Science
- Christ University
- University of Lucknow
- Central University of Jharkhand
- Pondicherry University
- Indira Gandhi National Open University
- Maulana Azad National Urdu University
- Central University of Kerala
- Kurukshetra University
- Maharaja Sayajirao University of Baroda
- Annamalai University
- University of Mumbai
- Tamil Nadu Open University
- Yashwantrao Chavan Maharashtra Open University
- Karnataka State Open University
- OPJS University
- University of Kashmir
- Jamia Millia Islamia
- Chhatrapati Shahu ji Maharaj University
- Aligarh Muslim University
- Dr BR Ambedkar Open University
- Madras University
|Other Courses Admission 2022|
|BBA Admission||MLIS Admission|
|BBM Admission||MPharma Admission|
|BSW Admission||MSc Admission|
|BTech Admission||MSc IT Admission|
|Diploma Admission||MSW Admission|
Be the first to leave a review.