Burdwan University Admission 2023: Burdwan University will soon release the online application form for the new upcoming session. Generally, the University releases the form in the month of August 2023. A wide range of undergraduate, postgraduate, MPhil, PhD, diploma, and certificate courses are offered from the University of Burdwan in a variety of streams.
Burdwan University Latest Updates
- Burdwan University has started the admission for PG courses (only for foreign candidates) for session 2023, last date to apply is 19 January 2023. Source
Burdwan University was established in 1960 and is located in West Bengal. Programs like Undergraduate, Post Graduate Programs, PhD programs, certificates, and diplomas are available. For the 2023 admissions sessions, students can choose courses like B.Sc, BBA, LLB, BA, B.Com, MA, MBA, and Diploma in French, German, and Russian languages.
After going through all points in the article, students can opt for admissions. Students who have completed their 12th board examination can submit applications for UG course admission. While for PG Admission only bachelor’s degree holders can apply.
Application fees:- The application fee for the Open and General Category is INR 350/-, and for the reserved category, the fee is INR 150/-. Students are requested to check down all the detailed information about the university and related admissions, fee structure, and many other details that can help the students get brief knowledge.
Burdwan University Admission 2023 Highlights
|University Name||University of Burdwan|
|Type of University||State University|
|Founded||15 June 1960|
|Offered UG Courses||
B.Com, Bachelor of Education, B.A. LL.B, Bachelor of Physical Education, B.Ed, B.Sc, B.B.A, B.Com
|Offered PG Courses||
M. Phil, M.A, MSW, MBA, Master of Law, M.Tech, M.Sc, MCA
Diploma in Russian, Certificate in German
PhD in Biotechnology, PhD in Chemistry
Burdwan Rajbati, Raiganj, Burdwan, West Bengal 713104
Burdwan University Admission 2023
Admission at Burdwan University generally starts in the month of August. It offers a BA, BSc, and Bachelor of Music, as well as many different medical and law courses. The admissions process is merit-based. There are, however, some professional courses in which the university conducts a written test to choose the best students.
Burdwan University admission criteria for undergraduate programs are based on merit at the 10+2 level with at least a 50% grade point average. Bachelor’s degree holders with at least 50% average marks from a prestigious university are also eligible for PG admissions.
- The applications are offline and online accepted by Burdwan University, and students should check the academic criteria set up by the university.
- For all programs, the selection and Burdwan University Admission are made on a merit basis, and students are required to complete their eligibility score criteria.
- Students should complete their 10th and 12th classes from a UGC-recognized university for the UG program.
- PG programs require completing a graduation degree from a UGC-recognized university.
Burdwan University UG Admission
Burdwan University offers various Undergraduate (UG) courses to the candidates such as BTech, BA, BCom, BSc, BA LLB, etc. Interested candidates want to visit the official website @www.buruniv.ac.in to apply.
- BTech: Bachelor of Technology is a 4 years long duration full-time degree that can be obtained after completing the 12th board examination with a minimum of 50% score from a recognized board. Students are also required to appear in the WBJEE entrance exam and clear it with a good percentage.
- BA.LLB: It is an integrated degree programme offered by Burdwan University. Its duration is 5 years and can be pursued after passing 10+2. The previous education must be complete from any well recognized educational board.
- BA (Hons.): The Bachelor of Arts Honours is an undergraduate degree program that offers a variety of subjects. There are several BA courses available to students, including Hindi, History, Politics, Arabic, and Music. Applicants who have completed their 12th board examinations in any discipline with an average mark of 50% are eligible to apply for the programme at Burdwan University.
Burdwan University PG Admission
PG Admission at Burdwan University generally starts in the month of July every year. The registration forms are available at the official portal www.buruniv.ac.in. Courses like MTech, MA, MBA, MSW & more are available for enrollment. Admission criteria are generally based on entrance test scores as well as previous education marks.
- MTech: Master of Technology is a PG-level engineering programme offered by Burdwan University. Students who possess a good GATE exam score along with a bachelor’s degree in the relevant stream can apply for admission to this course.
- MBA: Master of Business Administration is a professional degree course that can be completed in 2 years. To secure selection for MBA, students will have to qualify for the MAT admission test. Students are also required to have a bachelor’s degree in any relevant discipline.
- MA: Burdwan University Admission offers MA programs in English, Mass Communication, Sanskrit, Sociology, and more. To be eligible for admission to this programme, candidates must hold a bachelor’s degree in a relevant subject. This degree must be approved by the UGC.
Burdwan University Application Form 2023
Admission to the Diploma, certificate, PG, PhD and UG courses is through a duly filled admission form. In the 2023 session, the university will provide BBA, B.Sc, BA, LLB, B.Com, BA, MBA, MA, Diploma in German, French and Russian Languages.
Students interested in the admission process must fill out the admission form in June. Share your academic and personal details and submit them before the deadlines. During the admission process, students are required to pay an admission fee. The admission fee is INR 350 for general category students and INR 150 for reserved category students (SC/ST).
How to apply for Burdwan University Admission?
- Visit the Burdwan University website @buruniv.ac.in.
- Select the” Apply Now” tab on the home page.
- Please fill out the application form with all the relevant details.
- Scan the required mark sheets, certificates, and passport-size photographs.
- Upload them on the admission form using the links provided.
- The system will generate a Provisional Enrollment Number.
- Note down the Provisional Enrollment Number.
- Make the payment for the admission fee through online payment or a Demand Draft.
- Print the admission fee payment receipt and submit the admission form.
- 10th Mark-sheets
- 10+2 Mark-sheets
- Income Certificate
- Category Certificate
- Admission Test Admit card/Scorecard
- Transfer Certificate
- Passport Size Photographs
Burdwan University Entrance Exam 2023
Burdwan University entrance examination for some degree courses offered by Burdwan University. It usually offers merit admissions for courses such as BCA, BBA, BSc, BFA, BPT, MA, M.Com, and MCA. While for the courses such as BTech, MBA, MTech, and PhD, cracking the entrance exam conducted by Burdwan University is mandatory. The entrance exam mode will be offline this year and it will be a pen and paper-based exam. Applications for the entrance exam will be made online and the link to the webpage is https://buruniv.ac.in of Burdwan University.
The entrance exam of Burdwan University is conducted once a time in a year at the state level and this is available to every student in India. Its syllabus and pattern will be different as per the degree program.
Burdwan University Result
Burdwan University has declared odd semester results for various UG/PG courses. Candidates from MCA, MBA, MSc, MA, BCA, BBA, B.Tech, BA, B.Ed, and BSc can check their results online at BU’s official website. The BU only makes all of the results available online. No university student at Burdwan University will ever receive a paper copy of their grades by mail or any method.
How To Check Burdwan University Result?
By following the instructions, candidates for Burdwan University can view their results.
- Open your browser and visit https://buruniv.ac.in. ( Burdwan University Website).
- On Hompage of BU site, look for Latest Notices/Announcements.
- Search BU Result link in the Announcements portion and click on it.
- A new result page will appear. That will ask Hall Ticket and your DOB. Fill in and hit submit button.
- BU Result will appear on your mobile/laptop screen.
- Download/Print Burdwan University Result.
Burdwan University Course Admissions
|Classical (Vocal) Music|
|Mass Communication & Journalism|
|Tourism and Hospitality|
|Hindustani Classical Vocal Music|
|Computer Science & Application|
|System & Operation|
|Library and Information Science|
|Business Administration (Human Resource)|
|Library and Information Science|
University of Burdwan Affiliated Colleges List
- Chandernagore Government College
- Bejoy Narayan Mahavidyalaya
- Bidhan Chandra College
- Bikramjeet Goswami Memorial College
- Durgapur Government College
- Government College of Education
Burdwan University Placement Record
- Tata Consultancy Services.
- Oil and Natural Gas Corporation Ltd.
- Reliance Industries Limited.
- Oil and Natural Gas Corporation.
- HDFC Bank.
- Coal India.
- Bharat Petroleum Corporation Limited.
- Sun Pharma.
- Tata Motors Limited.
Faculty at the University of Burdwan
- Sri Keshari Nath Tripathi (Chancellor)
- Dr. Tanmoy Dasgupta (Reader)
- Sourav Choudhury (Lecturer)
- Dr. Mir Abdul Sofique (Reader)
- Dr. Dilip Kumar Das (Lecturer)
Burdwan University Contact Details:
- Address: Rajbati, Bardhaman-713104, West Bengal, India
- Phone: +91-342-2634975
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Burdwan University Official Website: https://buruniv.ac.in.
Note: All the fees & dates listed above for Burdwan University Admission are tentative. Please visit the University’s official website to verify.
Be the first to leave a review.