Calicut University Admission 2024: Calicut University is one of the best institutes in Kerala State. The admission process for seasons 2024-25 of CU is starting on 15 July 2024, and the deadline will be 15 September 2024. The University provides UG, PG and diploma courses such as BA, BCom, BCA, MCA, MCom and so on. Students can apply at www.caluniv-ucsta.net for Admissions. Those students who have Masters’s degree or a Professional Degree with 55% score can opt for this PhD course.
Calicut University Admission Highlights
|University Name||Calicut University|
|Mode of Education||Regular and Distance Learning|
|Courses Offered||UG, PG, Research, PG Diploma, Certificate|
|Popular Courses||BA, BTech, BBA, BCA, MA, MBA, M.Com, MCA, and more|
|Mode of Admission||Online and Offline|
|Selection Criteria||Merit List, Entrance Exam Scores, Interview|
|Entrance Exam||CUCAT, KEAM, CMAT, CAT, KMAT, CAP|
|Placement||Amazon, Cognizant, IBM, Infosys, Oracle, and more|
|University Type||Public University|
|University Website||Calicut University Official Website|
|Admission Eligibility UG Course||10+2 pass from a recognized board|
|Admission Eligibility PG Course||Bachelor’s degree from UGC approved university|
Calicut University has the approval of UGC and other Indian Higher educational boards. It has 140 affiliated colleges. The university offers around 500 courses at Diploma to Ph.D. level in various fields, including science, arts, engineering, commerce, etc. B.Eng, BA, BSc, B.Ed, BA, MSc, and MA are popular courses of this institute.
Most enrollments are made based on an internal or national entrance exam. Admission to B-Tech programs is based on the JEE Mains or Kerala CEE and KEAM Counseling.
Calicut University Courses Admissions 2024
- BSc Eligibility: The eligibility set for the BSc program of CU is 10+2 or HSC education with at least 50% marks. Admissions for this course are UGCAP entrance exam-based. The application fee for this UG program will be INR 500.
- B.E Eligibility: Candidates having 10+2 with 50% marks in PCM subjects are eligible for this program. Selection is entrance exam-based, and the JEE Main entrance exam will be accepted.
- BEd Eligibility: Applicants with any Bachelor’s degree in any discipline are eligible for admissions. They should have at least 50% marks in the UG degree. Enrollments in this program are KEAM-based.
- MCom Eligibility: A Bachelor’s degree in commerce or a related field with 50% marks is the minimum eligibility. Candidates must appear in the PGCAP entrance exam for admission to this program.
- M.E Eligibility: Having a UG degree in Engineering, such as BE/BTech/B.Eng is the minimum eligibility for this program. GATE entrance exam-based admissions are offered.
Calicut University Admission 2024
Calicut University offers PG (M.Tech, MA, M.Sc, etc.), UG (B.Com Honours, BHM, B.P.Ed, B.Tech, etc). MBA program admission based on their KMAT/CMAT/CAT entrance exam score. It is necessary for the students to meet the university’s eligibility criteria in order to be admitted. The application can be completed online. You can download the application from the official website of Calicut University.
On the university’s official website, you can complete the application process online. Students interested in applying must go to the University of Calicut CAP online portal. To apply, please fill out and submit the online admission form. Fill out the Calicut University admission form by scanning and uploading the necessary documents.
Calicut University Common Admission Test or CUCAT 2024 Registration begins for PG, Integrated PG courses for the session 2024. Interested candidates can apply through an online portal. The revised schedule of the Calicut University Entrance Exam has been released. Before applying to any of the courses, students must check if they fulfill the eligibility criteria.
Calicut University UG Admission
At Calicut University, students can choose from a wide range of undergraduate programs offering a BA, BCom, B.Tech, B.Arch, LLB, BSc, BPE, and B.Voc as undergraduate courses for admittance. Students who wish to take admission to this university will have the option of choosing from a variety of subjects to study.
Students for this course study require to complete their 12th classes from a relevant stream study. Calicut University UG admission 2024 procedure is through UGCAP 2024 selection, and accordingly, the intake is carried out.
- B.Com: Applicants must be Class 10 + 2 passed from a reputed board. The minimum cut-off mark is 45%, and the university provides a 5% relaxation to SC/ST.
- BA: Bachelor of Arts is an undergraduate course offered in various subjects. Candidate should have completed their class 12th standard with at least 40% in all the subjects. Applicants must be citizens of India.
- BCA: Bachelor of computer application is a UG-level degree that can be completed in 3 years after completing 10+2 from any recognized educational board of education in India.
- B.Tech: Students must have completed HSC; the minimum cut-off marks required is 50% in Mathematics and 50% in the overall PCM discipline. The admission is based on Kerala CEE and JEE Mains marks.
Calicut University PG Admission
The University has commenced the admission process for the MBA program for the session 2024-24, eligible applicants can submit the online application form at the official web portal. For the master’s degree admission, students have courses such as MBA, MA, MCom, MHM, MArch, LLM, MEd, and MPEd.
All the courses have a number of specialization courses for admission. Students for the Calicut University admission criteria need to complete the graduation degree from a relevant degree program as well as there are entrance examinations that are required to be cleared for the students’ admission confirmation.
Students that have completed a Bachelor’s degree can apply. The admission is based on the aggregates of the last graduating level, and check the cut-off marks required before applying.
Fee: General category Rs. 510/-, SC/ST/OEC-SC/OEC-ST/Communities eligible for educational concessions as is given to OEC candidates Rs. 125/-
- MA English: Calicut University offers a Masters of Arts program at the postgraduate level. The student must hold a BA or BSc degree with at least 45% English proficiency. Students must have graduated from a university approved by the UGC or equivalent. The minimum cut-off mark is 50%.
- M.Tech: Applicants must have graduated with a B.Tech degree from a reputed university. The admission is based on Calicut University PG entrance 2024 scores from GATE national examinations. The M-Tech courses are taught under 10 specializations at Calicut University. A B-Tech degree with an average of 50% marks and a GATE score is mandatory for selection
Calicut University MBA Admission 2024
Master of Business Administration is one of the most demanding courses nowadays. The score of any entrance exam like CAT, MAT, CMAT, or Calicut University MBA Entrance Exam 2024 will be accepted for selection. Apart from this, a BBA or equivalent degree is also mandatory for students to be admitted to the Master of Business Administration program. The application form fee for MBA Program is INR 830, and INR 230 for General and reserved categories.
Calicut University BEd Admission
The Directorate of Admissions generally conducts BEd enrollment in various specializations. The registration fee is Rs 650 (General/OBC) & Rs 200 for SC/ST category to apply for the Calicut University Admission 2024. To become eligible for admission students have to complete their bachelor degree like BA, BSc or other equivalents degree from the recognized university. Also, students need to achieve at least 50 percent marks.
Calicut University MEd Admission 2024
The university is offering an MEd programme for the academic session 2024-24. It is a postgraduate degree in education with a duration of 2 years. The course is further divided into 4 semesters. To be eligible for the admission to MEd course, students should have a BEd degree or a 4-year integrated degree in B.El.Ed/B.Sc. Ed/B.A. Ed from any UGC-recognized university.
Calicut University MEd admission in the MEd course category will be based on the merit list criteria. The online registration fee is Rs. 750 and for SC/ST Category is Rs. 350.
Calicut University PhD Admission 2024
The applicants can submit the applications at www.phd.uoc.ac.in, the application form fee for PhD program is INR 795 for General Applicants, and for SC/ST students is INR 295. The admission to the Calicut University PhD program will be completed on the basis of the entrance exam.
- Students can pursue PhD programs at Calicut University in a wide range of subjects. For all of the departments at the university that are open for research investigations, a school structure is used mainly.
- Language and Literature, Biosciences, Information Technology, Fine Arts, Business Studies, Commerce, and Communication, are some of the schools that house such departments. UGC guidelines are followed for admission to all of these PhD programs.
- As a minimum educational qualification, a Master’s degree from a UGC-approved university with at least 55% in related subjects is required. Candidates are required to take an admission exam that counts for 50% of their final grade.
Calicut University Application Form 2024
Students in the general category at this University who wish to pursue Doctoral courses must pay INR 890, and the reserved students (SC/ST) must pay INR 530. UG Courses aspirants must also pay INR 370, and the special category students (SC/ST) must pay INR 160.
- By going to the CU website, applicants will be able to fill up and submit forms.
- Aspirants from the General/OBC category have to pay INR 500 as an application fee while those students belonging to SC/ST category need to pay INR 170 as the application fee.
Calicut University Admission Process
- Students have to visit the University Admission portal.
- Read all the information and guidelines before filling the Application form.
- All personal information, such as the student’s mobile number, email address, etc., needs to be shared to generate the CAP ID.
- Students have to fill in all the details and submit their documents ( qualifying exams, uploading documents, and uploading a photograph).
- Don’t forget to save the details and continue.
- Complete the payment of application Online.
- Once all the details are filled out, Take a print of the submitted application form.
- 10th Mark-sheets and Pass certificate
- Transfer Certificate
- Admission Test Hall ticket
- 12th Mark-sheets and Pass certificate
- Online Fees Payment
- Category Certificate
- Character Certificate
- Income Certificate
Calicut University Entrance Exam 2024
Calicut University conducts various entrance examinations on its own before permitting admission to the undergraduate, postgraduate general, and professional degree programs. The list of entrance tests belonging to Calicut University is as follows.
Calicut University conducts entrance exams for UG and PG courses once a year. The test will be administered at the institute level. By taking this entrance exam, students can gain Calicut University Admission into law, business, science, arts, social work, technology, commerce, and education streams. Every candidate will submit a form for appearing in the entrance exam at the official website through the link https://admission.uoc.ac.in/
Under the UG category through this exam, students will be entered for courses such as BBA, B.Ed., LLB, BSW, and B-Tech. In the PG courses, category at Calicut University Admission will be for MA English, MBA, and M-Tech. This will be an offline test with a pattern varying from course to course and no negative marking.
- Calicut University Common Admission Test (CUCAT) are conducted for the degree and PG degree programs admission.
- UGC-NET rank obtained candidates can trigger their admission possibility into reality for a Ph.D. degree program.
- Calicut University also conducts its entrance examination for a group of applicants who do not fall into the passing category of any entrance examination.
Calicut University Result
Students of even semesters (2nd, 4th, and 6th) of BCA, BCom, BBA, BSc, BA, MA, M.Com, MSc and other UG/PG courses students will be able to check their results online at www.uoc.ac.in. Aspirants can access the supplied URL to view their course results. In order to verify the CU result, candidates must have their Registration Number handy before viewing the results.
How To Download Calicut University Result?
Learn how to acquire or verify your Calicut University Results by reading the complete guidelines below.
- Go to www.uoc.ac.in.
- University of Calicut Homepage will open.
- Open “Pareekhsha Bhavan” on Homepage.
- Where you have to click on the “Calicut University result 2024”.
- Result Page for UG/PG programs will open.
- For references, view the University of Calicut result, download it, or print it off.
Calicut University Course Admissions
|Tamil One Tamil course in each semester|
|Hindi One Hindi course in each semester|
|Arabic One Arabic course in each semester|
English Language & Literature
Arabic Language & Literature
Post Afzal UlUlama in Arabic
Language & Literature / Malayalam with Journalism
Sanskrit/ Sanskrit Sahitya
Tamil Language & Literature
Hindi Language & Literature
Economics/ Development Economics
Calicut University Affiliated Colleges List
- Sree Narayana Guru College, Chelannur
- Malabar Christian College
- Farook College
- R. Sankar Memorial S.N.D.P. Yogam Arts & Science College, Koyilandy
- Mohamed Abdurahman Memorial Orphanage College, Manassery PO
- Providence Women’s College
- A.W.H. Special College
Why Join Calicut University
- Good Practical Labs
- Best Libraries
- Inspiring Environment
- Good Education
- Placements Record
- Good Faculties
- Best Performance
- Wonderful Facilities
- Wide Area Campus
- Understanding with Teachers and Students
- Good Results
Calicut University Facilities
- Wi-Fi Campus
- Shuttle Service
- Sports Complex
- Hospital / Medical Facilities
- Convenience Store
Departments for UG, PG & PhD courses for Calicut University Admission
- Department of Arabic
- Department of English
- Department of Hindi
- Department of Physics
- Department of Physical Education
- Department of Philosophy
- Department of Botany
- Department of Biotechnology
- Department of Chemistry
- Department of Commerce & Management Studies
- Department of Education
- Department of Psychology
- Department of Russian
- Department of Sanskrit
- Department of Statistics
- Department of Zoology
- Department of History
- Department of Mass Communication & Journalism
- Department of Life Science
- Department of Library and Information Science
- Department of Malayalam
- Department of Mathematics
Calicut University Contact Details:
- Address: Calicut University PO Malappuram,673635
- Email Id: email@example.com
- Contact No.: 0494 2660600, 0494 2407227, 0494 2400816
- Calicut University Official Website: https://uoc.ac.in
Other Best Universities in Kerala-
- Kerala University
- Kerala University of Health Sciences is a state university
- Cochin University of Science & Technology
- The Sree Sankaracharya University of Sanskrit
- Central University of Kerala
- Kannur University
- The Kerala University
- Mahatma Gandhi University
Note: All the fees & dates listed above for Calicut University Admission are tentative. Please visit the University’s official website to verify.
Be the first to leave a review.