B.Pharma Admission: The process of admission to the BPharma course is to be started in numerous universities and institutions for the academic session 2023 will start soon. Aspiring students who are looking to build their career in the pharma sector are needed to reach out to the official website of the respective institution and complete the registration process.
Bachelors of Pharmacy (B.Pharma) is an undergraduate degree programme, B Pharma duration of 4 years. The course includes a total of 8 semesters. All student learns in this program is the methods and processes of medicine dispensing and preparation of drugs.
B.Pharma Course subjects that are taught to students in this 4-year program are Human Anatomy, Computer Applications in Pharmacy, Biochemistry, and Physiology. There are many institutes through which this course can be studied in India, including private and public BPharma colleges in India. A Merit plus entrance exam score criteria are followed by most of the universities for their admission.
Eligibility Criteria for B.Pharma Admission
The following criteria are used to determine admission to any institute that offers a BLIS degree program check out the below points about B Pharmacy eligibility:
- The qualifying up to the level of intermediate must have been completed by candidates who are applying.
- Overall marks of students in passing the required qualification must be at least 50%.
- In the 12th standard students must have studied the subjects of physics, chemistry, biology and mathematics.
B.Pharma Admission Fee Structure
In most of the B.Pharma colleges or Universities, B Pharma Fees range from INR 15000 to INR 1.50 LPA.
B.Pharma Admission Highlights
|BPharma Full form||Bachelor of Pharmacy|
|BPharma Duration||3 years|
|BPharma Eligibility||10+2 or equivalent examination|
|Bachelor of Pharmacy Average Fees||INR 1.48 Lakh|
|BPharma Admission||Merit & Entrance Exam|
|Bachelor of Pharmacy Entrance Exams||UPSEE, BITSAT, GPAT, MET, WBJEE|
Why Study B.Pharma?
There are various reasons to study the B.Pharma degree program and some of those interesting facts are given below:
- After getting this degree one gets a vast range of job chances in hospitals under government and private organizations as well.
- Some of the most respected jobs one can get are Clinical Researcher, Medical Scripting, Scientific Writer, and Medical Representative.
- Individuals who complete this course can get a relaxing career within the field and can get even more chances to go higher in the professional field.
- The salary of individuals working in this field is varying in between INR 3 to 5 LPA.
B.Pharma Application Form
Many universities in India are accepting online application forms for admission to BPharma Courses. Students can apply through the online portal. Application forms must be filled by the students with the correct details according to the educational certificates. All the documents should be uploaded in a proper format. If the information mentioned in the form is found incorrect, the application form will be rejected.
B.Pharma Admission Process
Admissions procedures that are just based on the merit criteria are managed in a way to directly select students on the basis of their marks obtained in the last examination. However, the students who are selected on entrance exam scores will need to appear in any of the institute-level or state exams. Some entrance exams for this course are MHT CET, BITSAT, NEET, GPAT, and UPSEE.
B.Pharma Admission 2023: How to Apply?
B.Pharma admission 2023-24 will be based on the merit-based or Entrance exam. The application form is available online and offline both for B.Pharma Admission. Universities and colleges provide online application forms through the official portal.
- Students have to visit the official website of the University.
- Read the instruction correctly and the eligibility criteria.
- The candidate must pay the application cost for the appropriate admission exam.
- The Universities also call the selected candidates for GD and PI rounds.
- Students have to fill in all the necessary details correctly.
- After that, download the registration or application form confirmation slip as proof.
Top Specializations in B.Pharma
There are a few specializations within the B.Pharma program that students can opt for and some of the popular specializations are mentioned below:
- Pharmaceutical Chemistry: Students are educated about the various parts of topics like drug creation, research, development, and how to securely administer the medication or drug in pharmaceutical chemistry. Additionally, biological, engineering, and technology principles are taught to students. These theories are used to design procedures and diverse processes.
- Pharmaceutic: Pharmaceutics often entails the education of pharmacy-related subjects notably pharmacology, pharmacokinetics, biomedical analyses, and pharmacodynamics. The topic deals with the development, planning, administration, and delivery of medications for illnesses for both alleviation and avoidance.
- Pharmacology: Pharmacology focuses on understanding how drugs interact with biological systems. It entails researching the biological outcomes, chemical composition, and medical applications of medications. The study of medications and how they affect living systems is known as pharmacology. Both dental appointments and the use of any form of medication include pharmacology. Pharmacology gives us painkillers, caffeinated drinks, and antibiotics. Pharmacologists are researchers who study the mechanisms of action of novel drugs. In contrast, a pharmacist is a medical professional with training who manufactures, disperses, and offers guidance on over-the-counter drugs.
- Ayurveda: The course integrates the study of Ayurveda as a discipline with pharmacy. Its purpose is to familiarise the students with the expertise and abilities necessary to serve as a link between the producers and consumers of ayurvedic products, such as medications, nutraceuticals, and cosmetics.
B Pharma Admission in Government College
The Bachelor of Pharmacy course is offered at a number of government colleges in India. State governments have established pharmaceutical institutes to provide B.Pharmacy courses in Delhi, Mumbai, and Kolkata. To enroll in this program, students must pass an entrance exam, they must sit for the exam, and must have a science background. Government colleges such as Bombay College of Pharmacy and others only have a limited number of seats available for BPharma courses.
DPSRU BPharma Admission
DPSRU BPharma is well famous all over India. This is an Undergraduate course with four years of duration. The applicants must check all the details of DPSRU BPharma related to the official admission portal. The total fee of this BPharma is Rs INR 15,000 to 1,25,000 at Delhi Institute of Pharmaceutical Sciences & Research University.
Jamia Hamdard BPharma Admission
Jamia Hamdard offers 120 seats in BPharm admission with four years minimum duration. BPharm eligibility is 12th class with Physics, Chemistry, Biology, or any equivalent from a recognized board at Jamia Hamdard. Apart from that, students have to appear in NEET (Bpharma entrance test). Students must check the university’s official website for BPharma Admission 2023-24.
BPharma Entrance Exam 2023
Admission to the B.Pharm degree program can be taken after securing a valid score in the following entrance exams such as AIECET, PU CET, MH CET, BITS SAT, etc.
The AIE CET is a national-level entrance exam that aims at selecting students getting admission to the B.Pharma course for various national-level institutions. Candidates who have completed or qualified for their 10+2 or 12th exam with physics, biology, and chemistry with a score of 50% can apply to the AIE CET exam, and seek admission to B.Pharma. The application form will require name, email address, mobile number, etc., details.
Panjab University Common Entrance Test (PU CET)
PU CET entrance test is held every year for the 46 national, and 6 NRI seats. Individuals with a score of 50% in 10+2 including subjects like English, chemistry, physics as well as biology/maths/biotechnology can apply to the PU CET exam. The four-year B.Pharm ug degree PU CET application fee is INR 2175. SC/ST categories can deposit INR 1088.
Several universities and colleges accept the Uttar Pradesh State Entrance Exam (UPSEE) for admission to BPharma courses. For BPharma Admission 2023-24, students must appear at this entrance. Every year, the examination will be scheduled in June. In order to enroll for this BPharma Entrance test, students must complete their 12th-grade education. It is a completely online CBT-based entrance test.
MH CET application form for the pharmacy-oriented program shall soon be opened. The common entrance test for the B.Pharm degree program is structured online. There will be no offline mode of MHT CET registration. Candidates who fail to complete the MHT CET application form on time will be needed to pay a late fee of INR 500.
BPharma Lateral Entry
The students who have passed their diploma in pharmacy or an equivalent course can apply for admission into the second year of the course. For the lateral entry purpose, the students needed to fill out the registration form and score higher in the entrance exam conducted by the university.
B.Pharma Admission in Delhi
There are lots of Universities and Colleges which provide Bachelor of Pharmacy professional course in Delhi, India. Most of the B.Pharm admission 2022 is closed, and the next admission session will start through universities’ official websites.
Top B.Pharma Best Universities of Delhi
- Delhi Institute of Pharmaceutical Sciences and Research
- Jamia Hamdard, New Delhi
- Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University,
- Delhi University
- JMI (Jamia Millia Islamia)
BPharma Admission in MP
Bachelor of Pharmacy is the most popular course with bright career scope. there are some Universities that are providing BPharma admission. Admissions to B.Pharm programs in MP usually take place in August and the application process will be completed in September. There is a strict eligibility requirement for applicants applying to MP for admission to the B.Pharma program.
Top MP Universities of B.Pharma Admission
- Amity University
- Mansarover Global University
- Mandsaur University
- Sage University
B.Pharma Career Aspects and Scope
There are many possibilities for Bachelor of Pharmacy students within the B.Pharma scope. We will segment the extent of B.Pharmacy into three categories for easier comprehension: scope in the public sector, scope in the commercial sector, and higher education.
- Government Sector: There are several opportunities for students looking for employment in the government sector after earning their B. Pharma. In the public sector, students can seek positions as a pharmacist or drug inspectors. A federal drug inspector makes a respectable wage. Based on the job the student selects, a newcomer can earn anywhere from Rs. 45,000 to Rs. 55,000 in a year.
- Private Sector: For anyone who has completed a B. Pharma, there are more opportunities in the private sector. In the commercial sector, there are several positions in the fields of pharmaceutical marketing, quality assurance, manufacturing, and pharmacy. Numerous businesses are seeking qualified pharmacists for positions in government relations and medical insurance in addition to the ones indicated above. There is a big need for pharmacists in medication manufacturing firms because India’s pharmacy industry is expanding.
- Higher Education: There is also room for higher education if someone is interested in pursuing it. Relevant parties may choose M. Pharma. One can complete a master’s degree in biotechnology, clinical pharmacology, pharmaceutics, and pharmacology. One thing to keep in mind is that the wage package will increase in direct proportion to the candidate’s skills and qualifications.
- Hospital Pharmacy: If you are passionate about retail pharmacy or clinical trials, then a Bpharma or MPharm is the right choice for you. If you do this course from a reputed institute, then you have a good scope in the clinical trials field. In the beginning, you may receive a monthly salary ranging from 20 to 35 thousand INR per month.
Job Profiles After BPharma
There are many career options for students after completing a B. Pharma. between the public and private sectors, or starting one’s own firm. For students who have earned a Bachelor of Pharmacy, we have included a few B-pharma occupations here:
- Chemical technician
- Drug Inspector
- Health Inspector
- Researcher Officer
- Pharmacists etc.
Top Universities For B.Pharma Admission
- Central University of Jharkhand
- Christ University
- UP Rajarshi Tandon Open University
- Chhatrapati Shahu ji Maharaj University
- OPJS University
- Vardhman Mahaveer Open University
- Central University of Haryana
- Jamia Millia Islamia
- Karnataka State Open University
- Central University of Kerala
- Devi Ahilya Vishwavidyalaya
- Savitribai Phule Pune University
- Utkal University
- Sam Higginbottom Institute of Agriculture Technology and Science
- Maulana Azad National Urdu University
- Aligarh Muslim University
- Yashwantrao Chavan Maharashtra Open University
- University of Lucknow
- Tamil Nadu Open University
- Madras University
- Maharaja Sayajirao University of Baroda
- Kurukshetra University
- University of Kashmir
- Maharshi Dayanand University
- Dr BR Ambedkar Open University
- Indira Gandhi National Open University
- Pondicherry University
- Banaras Hindu University
- Annamalai University
- University of Mumbai
|Other Courses Admission|
|BA Education Admission||MA Admission|
|BBM Admission||MBBS Admission|
|BA Admission||DPharma Admission|
|Diploma Admission||PhD Admission|
|BCom Admission||MCom Admission|
Frequently Asked Questions(FAQs)?
Q.1 Can B.Pharma students open a pharmaceutical store?
Ans: Yes, Students can open a pharmaceutical store after completion of the B.Pharma course.
Q.2 Can students do B.Pharma after graduation?
Ans: Students can enroll in this B.Pharma course after graduation but they have to belong to the Science stream with Biology biology subject.
Q.3 B.Pharma admission open or not?
Ans: Kurukshetra University and MIT World Peace University B.Pharma admission is open, students can enroll here for this course.
Q.4 Is it necessary to study pharmacy?
Ans: The pharmacy field offers a wide variety of job roles, which are often well-suited for aspiring pharmacists looking to progress in their careers. There are many other careers you could pursue with your knowledge of medicine besides becoming a pharmacist, such as research scientists, medical science liaisons, pharmacologists, and more