BBA Tourism and Hospitality Management Admission 2024: It is a course that provides important management skills to utilize in the fields of Travel and tour Business, Aviation Industry, Healthcare, Hospitality, Tourism, Retail, Market Research, and many others. The minimum duration of this degree program is three years at the UG level. Students from any field of science, arts, or commerce can choose this course to build a career in management.
BBA Tourism and Hospitality Management Admission Latest Update (Feb 2024)
- BBA Tourism and Hospitality Management Admission applications are ongoing at IMTS Institute. Students can apply before 28 February 2024. Apply Now
- Admission is going on for BBA Tourism and Hospitality Management at Karnavati University. The applicants will be accepted till 26 February 2024*. Source
- The online application form has been started for Chandigarh University for the BBA Tourism and Hospitality Management, and the expected last date is 27 February 2024*. Source
- Admission is started for BBA Tourism and Hospitality Management at Lovely Professional University. Students can apply till 26 February 2024*. Source
BBA Tourism and Hospitality Admission 2024 Highlights
|Bachelor of Business Administration in Tourism and Hospitality Management
|About the Course
|BBA in Hospitality and Tourism is a 3-year undergraduate dual specialization program
|Passed 10+2 from a recognized board in any stream, preferably Commerce, with a minimum of 40-50% marks in aggregate.
|CUET, UGAT, SET, IPU CET, NPAT
|INR 19K to 1.5 Lac
|Approved by UGC
|Travel Coordinator, Guest Service Coordinator, Sales Reservation Agent, Event Manager, Cabin Crew, Guest Service Officer, Executive Trainee, Hotel Operation Trainee, Executive Search Consultant, Sales Coordinator, Materials Executive, Operation Executive, Reservations Manager, Housekeeping Attendant, etc.
|Merit-based, often followed by a personal interview/entrance exam and counseling process.
|Business Law, Marketing Communication, Financial Management, Consumer Behavior and Market Research, Business Economics
|Subharti University, IMTS Institute, Singhania University, NILM University
|Accor Hotels, Eazydiner, Fortune Inn, Hyatt Regency Delhi, ITC Hotels, JW Marriott Dubai, Le Meridien, Lemontree Hotels.
This course develops a complete understanding of the dynamics of hospitality and tourism management through in-depth study and makes students specialists in both sectors. This is a booming sector and students have vast opportunities and career growth.
A BBA in hospitality travel & tourism can be applied to apply in various universities like Lovely Professional University, Jamia Millia Islamia, Amity University, and more. The fee for the BBA undergraduate, and specialized degree program is found of INR 19K to 1.5 Lac. Those students who are not available for regular classes can pursue this course through Distance Learning also.
Top colleges for distance or regular education of BBA Tourism Course are Tamil Nadu Open University, ICFAI University, University of Madras, etc.
Note: Now, CUET Registration is now open at the online portal of NTA (National Testing Agency). Students must appear between 15 May to 31 May 2024. The last date to apply will be announced soon, Students can check here for more details for the CUET UG Entrance exam.
BBA Tourism and Hospitality Eligibility Criteria
Applicants can successfully get admission to the BBA Tourism & Hospitality Management program with the help of the following eligibility.
- students should pass the 10+2 with any stream from an authorized state/central board of India.
- Entrance exams are exercised in some specific universities.
- There is a minimum requirement of a 45-60% score to be eligible; however, the reserved categories will gain relaxation in marks.
- CUET, MUET, LPUNEST, etc. are the top entrance exams for BBA Tourism and Hospitality Admission.
Top BBA Specializations
BBA Tourism and Hospitality Admission 2024
BBA Tourism and Hospitality Management admission opens multiple universities. The application form is accepted by the fourth week of December in various universities in India. Candidates are encouraged to use online or offline processes to apply for a BBA program in tourism and hospitality management. 31 October is the last date for BBA Tourism and Hospitality Management admission for the 2024 academic session at various Universities.
To be admitted to the BBA Tourism and Hospitality program, applicants need to acquire a minimum of 45% marks in the 10+2 examination to become eligible for admission. Most of the university’s admission process is based on the entrance exam, and there is some university that gives admission to the BBA Travel and Hospitality Management program based on merit score.
Application Fee: The application form fee for the Tourism and Hospitality program hovers between the amount of INR 400, and INR 1,200 in the private, state, and other universities. Debit cards, Credit cards, or other forms can be used to pay an application fee.
- Communication skills: They are crucial to interpreting information in a conversation, and further help in passing ideas, thoughts, or messages from one person to another. In Tourism and Hospitality professionals are required to communicate with clients on a day-to-day basis where such skills play a significant role.
- Interpersonal skills: being able to understand what the other person is trying to convey by interpreting signals comes under this segment. In this field, it’s important to maintain social boundaries and respect the personal space of other people.
- Service Orientation: it talks about the importance of keeping the needs of customers over the needs of the business. To succeed in this domain businesses must value the requirements of their clients.
- Working for long hours: there are no fixed working hours in the field, especially in the beginning but as individuals gain experience their salary increases and working hours reduce.
- Having Knowledge of World Geography: it’s crucial to have basic knowledge of geographical aspects as it helps in adapting to the environment and making decisions accordingly.
BBA Tourism and Hospitality Management Admission Process
Students who want to take BBA Tourism and Management Admission.
- Before applying visit the college or university website to confirm each detail related to the Admission.
- Students have to visit the official website and go to the registration portal.
- Fill out all the details carefully.
- Submit original documents and pay the online registration fee.
- download the confirmation slip.
BBA Tourism and Hospitality Management Admission Colleges in India
Numerous students from all over India apply to various colleges for BBA Tourism and Hospitality Management Admission. The big challenge for every student is finding a better college to pursue this three-year bachelor’s program. Below is the name of some top colleges that offer BBA in Tourism and Hospitality Management courses.
- IIT Delhi – Indian Institute of Technology Delhi.
- IIT Kanpur – Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur.
- IIT Kharagpur – Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur.
- IIT Madras – Indian Institute of Technology Chennai.
- IIT Bombay – Indian Institute of Technology Mumbai.
Why Study BBA Tourism and Hospitality Management program?
There are multiple reasons to take BBA Tourism and Hospitality Management Admission. The tourism sector has undergone a significant transformation over the last few years, and it has had a tremendous influence on the economies of many countries. As a result of tourism, there are several benefits such as income generation and job creation.
The tourism industry is one of the most important sources of income for people and is important to their welfare. Countries can respond proportionally to this importance if they develop the necessary infrastructure and increase their capacity to meet tourist needs.
In that sense, tourism has a lot of importance as well, which is why it is so important to study it. In this field, there is high demand for qualified individuals with experience and it is highly attractive as well.
Having a bachelor’s degree in travel and tourism will be one of the most valuable skills students will learn in their careers. The focus of your studies will be mainly on hotel and hospitality management, but these skills can also be applied to a variety of other fields that may be of interest to you in the future. There are plenty of opportunities for young students to learn transferrable skills, which makes this industry appealing.
Scope of BBA Tourism and Hospitality Management
The degree of BBA in Tourism and Hospitality Management increases the chances of better living. Individuals shall have two options after immediately passing the BBA-specialized degree program: scholarly or professional.
MBA degree in Tourism and Hospitality Management is available to students who wish to continue their studies after completing their BBA in Tourism and Hospitality Management. Besides improving academic records, this will also increase prospects for a successful career.
The following employment opportunities were attracted by the BBA in Tourism and Hospitality Management degree: Destination Manager, Personal Tour Guide, Sales Professional, Travel Agent, etc. The starting pay for the aforementioned job profile ranges between INR 2.3 LPA and INR 3.4 LPA on average.
This sector helps in building the economy of the nation as it generates direct as well as indirect employment opportunities. Tourism is a growing sector as people travel from one nation to another to learn about different cultures, visit historical places, get some valuable knowledge, for business purposes, etc.
Some of the employment opportunities in the tourism department consist of:
- Sales and marketing staff
- Reservation and counter staff
- Information assistants
- Tour planners and guides
In the hotel industry, there are:
- Front Office
- Food and Beverages
- Public Relations
In the airline industry
- Airport Ground Staff
- Air Ticketing Executive
- Ground Duty Staff
- Airline Ticketing Executive
- Travel Consultant
- Airport ground staff
BBA Tourism and Hospitality Management Jobs Opportunities
- Travel Agency staff
- Travel and Tourism Consultant
- Travel Agent
- Tour Operator
- Ticketing Executive
- Air hostess
- Airline employee
- Airport staff
- Tour Guide
- Customer service manager
- Tourism promoter
Frequently Asked Questions?
Ques 1: What is BBA Tourism and Hospitality Management?
Ans: The Bachelor of Business Administration Tourism and Hospitality Management program is an undergraduate management program. An undergraduate degree in tourism and hospitality management is known as a Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA).