B.Ed Admission: A bachelor of education degree (BED) is a professional two-year degree program offered at the UG level in education. This course is mostly taken by graduates who intend to be teachers in the future. As per the recommendations of the National Council on Teacher Education (NCTE), it is essential for someone interested in becoming a teacher to complete this course.
Trending’s Update for B.Ed Admission
- IGNOU will conduct the BEd Entrance Exam 2023 online mode on 8 January 2023.
- Indira Gandhi National Open University has commenced registration for B.Ed course, Apply till December 25, 2022.
- DU released the sixth merit list of BEd course on the official website of University.
Delhi University BEd will release the application forms for session 2023 in the month of April. The portal www.doe.du.ac.in. You can select from a variety of specializations, including Physics, Home Science, Physical Science, Physical Education, Economics, Mathematics, Psychology, Commerce, Sanskrit, Computer Science, English, Special Education, and Hindi. B.Ed. admissions will be based on both merit and entrance exam scores this year.
Eligibility criteria for B.Ed Admission: The eligibility criteria for BEd admissions 2023 vary from college to college but there are certain conditions that remain the same:
- A score of 50 to 55% is required to qualify for a UG test.
- The necessary marks for SC/ST applicants would be reduced by 5%.
- Candidates who hold a B-Tech or a PG degree will need to have at least a 55% score.
- Students having a UG degree in any of the specializations are selected and this will not affect their selection.
- DU B.Ed Entrance Exam 2023 date will be 19 October 2023. Check at www.doe.du.ac.in
B.Ed Admission Fee Structure: The fee structure for the B.Ed. the program varies in private and public colleges however the average fee for the course is around 1 LPA.
B.Ed Admission 2023 Highlights
|Full form||Bachelor of Education|
|B.Ed Admission||Merit and Entrance Based|
|Bachelor of Education Average Fees||INR 30,000 – INR 3,50,000|
|Top Colleges||DU, Mumbai University, IIM Rohtak, ICFAI Hyderabad, IGNOU|
|Course Level||Under Graduate|
|Eligibility||Candidates with both graduation and postgraduate degrees in a relevant field of study|
|Bachelor of Education Entrance Exams||HPU B.Ed, MP PRE BED, IGNOU BE.d, MAH B.Ed CET|
|IGNOU B.Ed Fees||INR 55,000|
B.Ed (Biological Sciences)
B.Ed (Business Studies)
B.Ed (Child Development)
B.Ed (Computer Science)
|Bachelor of Education Subjects||Childhood and Growing Up, Contemporary India and Education, Pedagogy of a School Subject, Reading and Reflecting on Texts, Drama and Art in Education|
B.Ed Admission 2023
As one of the most sought-after programmes, B.Ed., numerous public and private universities or colleges offer courses to applicants. Generally speaking, the application and admissions process for B.Ed courses starts in the period of February and lasts through the period of July each year. Students can pursue the B.Ed program only after receiving a bachelor’s degree in any relevant subject. The course is for two years. The majority of colleges and universities hold their own entrance exams for candidates applying to the B.Ed program.
In 2023, B.Ed Admission will be based on entrance examinations at top higher education institutions. In order to enroll in the B.Ed program, applicants must take either a government examination or a university entrance examination. The DU B.Ed, IGNOU B.Ed, UP B.Ed JEE, TS EDCET, Bihar B.Ed CET, etc., are some of the entrance tests for the B.Ed program.
Some of the best B.Ed colleges in India have begun enrolling students in their programs. Several states have also begun accepting applications for BEd admission. UP B.Ed JEE applications are now being accepted, and the exam will take place in July 2023. AP EDCET registration for Andhra Pradhesh BEd enrollment was completed on June 7, 2023. Bihar BEd CET 2023 has been postponed. The application deadline for the Goa BEd Admission 2023 program will be July 10, 2023.
B.Ed Admission Updates
- IGNOU B.Ed 2023 registration begins, and the last date to apply was 25 December 2022. Students have to appear for BEd entrance exam on 08 January 2023 at IGNOU.
B.Ed Admission 2023 Delhi
Delhi University has released the 6th merit list for BEd admission. According to DU, The deadline for BEd enrollment was 31 December 2022 for all eligible students. Candidates can fill up an online application form by visiting the PG graduate portal. In order to fill up the DU B.Ed application form correctly, follow the instructions mentioned on the university portal. There will be an admission/entrance test for admission to the DU BEd course. The admission test contains 400 marks.
Admission merit lists shall be prepared on the scores obtained by the individual in the admission test. Candidates can enroll in the DU B.Ed entrance test by paying a general fee of INR 500. Reserved categories like SC/ST can deposit a fee of INR 250.
The prescribed fee along with the filled form should be submitted online only. Candidates who have been shortlisted through the merit list of DU B.Ed will be required to complete the documentation process to confirm their admission into a teaching-oriented program.
DU holds various departments that comprise science, language, social science, etc. The mentioned streams hold pedagogy subjects like biology, chemistry, integrated science, English, Hindi, home science, and more.
Haryana B.Ed Admission 2023
Haryana BEd admission 2023 will be based on the entrance exam. Apart from that, students must graduate through the reorganized board or institute. Students also have to attend counseling sessions. There are lots of Colleges and Universities which is providing BEd admission. Chaudhary Ranbir Singh University is one of the best university’s bachelor of education courses. Some of Haryana BEd University and College are mentioned below:
Universities for Haryana BEd
All universities are conducting entrance exams or merit-based admission for BEd courses in Haryana, India. There are lots of universities which are providing a Bachelor of Education with 2 years of minimum duration. There are some universities that are providing BEd admission in Haryana.
- Kurukshetra University
- Gurugram University
- Chaudhary Ranbir Singh university
- Maharshi Dayanand University (MDU)
B.Ed Admission in Maharashtra
Mumbai University BEd admission will be based on the MAH B.Ed CET entrance exam for the academic session 2023-24. The last date to apply for admission will be 07 July 2023 (tentative) for the bachelor of arts at Mumbai University. There are also many Universities and colleges which are providing BEd admission through entrance exams. Students have to check out all the details at Universities official website.
B.Ed Admission 2023 in Madhya Pradesh
Every year, the Madhya Pradesh Department of Higher Education holds admissions for several programs. The authorities will perform the admission process to the state’s government institutions again this year. All applicants who wish to apply for MP B.Ed. 2023 must complete the application form. Universities will soon release the application for the B.Ed. course. It will be available to candidates on the Department of Higher Education, MP’s official website. Officials are anticipated to provide an update on the admissions process soon.
Admission to Madhya Pradesh’s B.Ed. universities. According to the most recent schedule provided by the relevant government, the test will be held at the state level. It is for candidates who wish to pursue a Bachelor of Education at one of the state’s colleges. Online applications are now available. Application is open to those who meet the admission requirements.
B.Ed Admission 2023 in Uttar Pradesh
MJP Rohilkhand University BEd admission will start soon for the next 2023 session. The tentative deadline for admission is 18 April 2023 for all eligible students. UP BEd admission 2023 will be based on the entrance exam. Mostly Universities start admission for UP BEd for next 2023-24 admission.
Top Universities of UP BEd
- Dr Bhim Rao Ambedkar University
- Chaudhary Charan Singh University
- MJP Rohilkhand University
MDU B.Ed Admission 2023
B.Ed admission at Maharishi Dayanand University will soon start at various affiliated colleges. The deadline to apply for BEd admission 2023 at MDU will be declared soon. Students with at least 50% marks in graduation degree are eligible to apply to all the affiliated BEd colleges in Haryana like Shri Baba Mast Nath (Rohtak), Saraswati Vidhya Mandir College, Mewat & more. There is seat reservation for various categories of candidates.
Calicut University B.Ed Admission 2023
BEd Admission at Calicut University will start soon registration for the academic cycle 2023-24. This professional degree program is offered to students who are interested in the teaching profession. The University has around 11 teacher education centers (CUTEC) through which 2 year BEd program is offered.
The online mode of registration is available for the BEd course at Calicut University. The application form fee is Rs 650 for the general category, whereas, for SC/ST, it is 200 rupees. To Apply for BEd admission, visit @www.admission.uoc.ac.in.
Kerala University BEd Admission 2023
A BEd course is Kerala University’s one of most selective professional programmes. Students can get admission to this university who meet the eligibility criteria mentioned by the university. University offers BEd course courses based on a merit list. The fee for the Kerala University BEd programme is very affordable in government colleges.
Jamia Millia Islamia B.Ed Admission 2023
Jamia Millia Islamia (JMI) offers a Bachelor of Education based on an entrance test. Students must read out eligibility criteria carefully according to JMI University. Students must have at least 50% marks in their bachelor’s or master’s degrees in any discipline. The total fee of the B.Ed course is Rs 20000+Registration fee is Rs 1500. Students also have to check all the BEd admission 23-24 details at @www.jmi.ac.in.
B.Ed Admission 2023 Important Dates
|Colleges for B.Ed||Entrance/ Merit Based||Dates (Tentative)|
|Delhi University||DUET||6 April to Nov 2023|
|IGNOU||IGNOU BEd Entrance Test||25 March to 24 April 2023|
|University Of Calicut||Entrance based||July to August 2023|
|Maharishi Dayanand University (MDU)||Merit-Based||August 2023|
|Kerala University||Merit-Based||July to August 2023|
|SCERT||Entrance Based||May to July 2023|
Top Colleges For B.Ed Admission in India
Bachelor of Education or BEd course is available for admission at various private as well as government colleges in Delhi. The colleges give out BEd admission forms in both online and offline modes both. Some Top BEd Admission 2023 Government Colleges are Lady Irwin College, Tamil Nadu Teachers Education University, & more.
Lady Irwin College B.Ed Admission
BEd Admission at Lady Irwin College Delhi starts in the month of May 2023. This women’s college is situated on Sikandra Road, New Delhi. It is one of the most prestigious women’s institutes in Delhi for BEd course study. The basis of BEd enrollment at Lady Irwin College is Delhi University Entrance Test (DUET). It is ranked 16 in NIRF 2023 among all colleges in India.
B.Ed. Application Form 2023
Mostly Universities and colleges are conducting entrance exams for BEd Admission. Interested Students must have to fill out the BEd Application form through the official websites of Universities with a registration fee.. The registration fee varies from university to university for BEd admission. There are also some Universities that select students directly based on their graduation scores. The various entrance exams conducted for B.Ed courses are CUET, IPU CET, DU ET, BHU-EE, and so on.
B.Ed Admission 2023: How to Apply?
There will be an online application mode for making registrations complete for the B.Ed program in any of the top colleges or universities.
- The first step is to go to the application portal and download the application forms.
- After getting the submissions completed pay the application fee.
- Appear in the entrance conducted by the state or University.
- After being listed in the merit list accept the offer of admission
B.Ed Entrance Exam 2023
Those students who want to be admitted to the B.Ed course must appear for the entrance test. DU B.Ed, IGNOU B.Ed, and UP B.Ed JEE are entrance exams that are conducted for B.Ed enrollment. B.Ed admission will be based on the entrance exam at any University and college. Students also have to graduate to be eligible for this course. IGNOU BEd admission 2023 is live; the BEd entrance exam date is 08 January 2023.
DU BEd Entrance Exam 2023
DU BEd Admission will be made through an Entrance Test comprising 400 marks. The merit list will be compiled based on the results of the DU B.Ed Entrance Test. The test will be of 2 hours duration. The DU BEd question paper shall consist of 100 Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ) of 4 marks each. One mark will be deducted for each wrong answer in the DU BEd entrance test.
All the questions for DU BEd admission will be based on understanding and applying concepts in science, social science, mathematics (up to class 12), language comprehension in both English and Hindi, reasoning aptitude, and general awareness.
BEd Entrance Syllabus
All state and national level B.Ed entrance exam 2023 follows almost the same syllabus. The following sections are essential to securing good grades:
- General Aptitude / Verbal Aptitude
- Teaching Skill
- General Knowledge, Awareness, and Education
- Logical Reasoning
- Quantitative Skill
- Language (Hindi / English) – Only for some states like Chhattisgarh, UP, etc
- Subject Knowledge
BEd Entrance Exam Pattern 2023
The majority of the BEd Admission exam 2023 is split into two sections: the first and the second. The following is the detailed entrance exam pattern, divided into Paper I and Paper II.
Please note this is a generalized BEd entrance pattern that we have mentioned here. B.Ed entrance exams of different states and education boards may vary. The following are the most critical aspects of the BEd entrance exams that have been explained in a paper-wise exam pattern:
- The BEd entrance test will be divided into paper one and paper two.
- Part A (General Knowledge component) of Paper I is mandatory for all students to attempt; however, applicants for Part B (Language section) can choose between Hindi and English as their language of instruction.
- Part A (General Aptitude component) of the Paper II of the B.Ed entrance exam 2023 is required. Still, aspirants may choose any topic as per their educational background in Part B. (Subject Ability section).
- Each section will have 50 questions, with applicants receiving two points for each question.
- In most of the BEd Admission exams, all categories will be given equal weightage, regardless of their importance.
Why Study B.Ed.?
- B.Ed. the course is a way to get aware of the learning and teaching principles. Individuals enrolled in this course are taught in a manner so that they can understand the mentality of students and help them solve the issues with soft skills.
- This degree is highly demanding especially for Government teaching jobs and the teaching jobs got with this degree are so much more satisfactory.
- Such degree holders earn good pay like a government teacher including other perks can earn about INR 7.6 lacs per annum.
B.Ed. Career Prospects & Scope
B.Ed. is considered to be one of the most prominent courses and the reason this program holds this title is that this course is a source of unending employment opportunities. Teachers are required in various schools across the country. New schools coming up every year is the reason for the increase in the need for more and more teachers.
B.Ed. Graduates are free to apply for teaching positions in government schools and other industries to launch their careers in the workforce with various benefits related to the position. Following are a few job descriptions for B.Ed. graduates :
- Teacher: A teacher’s responsibility is to plan lessons and instruct learners at all grade levels. Teachers can apply at private schools and the average salary of a teacher is between 15000 to 300000 INR.
- Counsellor: The responsibility of a counsellor is to provide academic help to students who are in need of a path to follow for their educational journey. They seek to understand a person’s issues, empathize with them, and offer them answers.
- Content Writer: B.Ed. graduates can apply to various firms for the position of content writer. Developing, creating, and refining web material is known as content writing, and it is often done for digital marketing goals. Creating content for certain platforms, such as tweetstorms on Twitter or text posts on Reddit, can also include authoring blogs and publications, scripting for documentaries and audiobooks, and content for blogs and websites. The average pay of a content writer is 3LPA.
- Consultant: The consultant’s job is to provide businesses with guidance and knowledge to improve the efficiency of their operations. The minimum package of a consultant job is 4LPA.
Students who would like to continue their education after finishing their B.Ed. can always go for higher education such as post-graduation or doctoral degrees. By opting for higher education after B.Ed. dramatically increases the number of opportunities for the students. Better employment opportunities are offered to students with higher education degrees. The higher education programs that a B.Ed. the graduate should prefer are:
Top B.Ed Universities 2023
- Yashwantrao Chavan Maharashtra Open University
- UP Rajarshi Tandon Open University
- Kurukshetra University
- Annamalai University
- Sam Higginbottom Institute of Agriculture Technology and Science
- Karnataka State Open University
- Utkal University
- Jamia Millia Islamia
- Indira Gandhi National Open University
- Vardhman Mahaveer Open University
- Pondicherry University
- Central University of Jharkhand
- University of Lucknow
- Christ University
- Maharaja Sayajirao University of Baroda
- Aligarh Muslim University
- Central University of Kerala
- Central University of Haryana
- Madras University
- OPJS University
- Savitribai Phule Pune University
- Devi Ahilya Vishwavidyalaya
- Maulana Azad National Urdu University
- Maharshi Dayanand University
- University of Mumbai
- Chhatrapati Shahu ji Maharaj University
- University of Kashmir
- Banaras Hindu University
- Dr BR Ambedkar Open University
- Tamil Nadu Open University
|Other Courses Admission 2023|
|BCA Admission||MCA Admission|
|BLIS Admission||MBBS Admission|
|MBA IT Admission||MBA Marketing Admission|
|BPharma Admission||MBA Admission|
|BSc Admission||MA Admission|
Frequently Asked Questions?
Question 1: What is the duration of the B.Ed programme?
Ans: There are 2 years of study for B.Ed course across India, and it is a two-year course
Question 2: In order to pursue a B.Ed course, what qualifications are required?
Ans: Various colleges have different criteria for admission to the BEd programme. A minimum score of 50 to 55% is required to qualify for a UG test.
Question 3: Is an entrance exam required for Bed Admission?
Ans: Yes! There is entrance-based admission for the Bed course, Interested candidates need to qualify entrance test first.
Question 4: Does B.Ed have an age limit?
Ans: No age restriction applies for Bed admission candidates can enroll in this programme accordingly.