BSc Admission 2023: A Bachelor of Science degree, also known as BSc, is a Graduate-level degree program lasting three years. In India, there are many public or private institutions that offer this degree. The University of Hyderabad, Loyola College, IISc Bangalore, Delhi University, and Presidency College are some colleges that fit this description. Delhi University Admission is now closed for its Regular BSc Courses, Last date to apply was 31 July 2023.
BSc Admission Trending Updates
- Students can apply for BSc Admission at Sikkim Manipal University session 2023-24. The last date to register is 30 October 2023. Source
- MJPRU registration is now open for new academic sessions, the last date for BSc course Admission is 05 September 2023. Source
- IGNOU BSc Admission 2023 registration has begun for July session 2023-24. Application submission’s last date is 20 September 2023. Source
- Application for BSc degree admission is now live at Lovely Professional University, last date to apply will announce soon.
- BSc Course Admission has started for session 2023-24 at YCMOU, Students are allowed for register themselves until 20 September 2023.
- KKHSOU application form submission’s last date is 31 August 2023 for BSc Admission.
- BHU Registration is ongoing for its BSc Admission 2023. Students can apply for Admission till 26 July 2023.
- DU Sol Registration has started for BSc Admission 2023. the last date to apply is 30 September 2023 For DU BSc. Source
- BSc course admission is ongoing at Mumbai University, the last date is 30 September 2023.
- MCU Bhopal has commenced the BSc Admission 2023-24, Apply till 14 September 2023. Source
- IGNOU BSc Admission 2023 registration has begun for July session 2023-24. Application submission last date is 20 September 2023. Source
- NTA has released the tentative exam dates of CUET 2023 for BSc admission, the dates of conduction will be 21, 22, 23, and 24 May.
- CUET 2023 BSc registration is closed now for academic sessions 2023. The last date to apply was 11 April 2023 at NTA (National Testing Agency). Source
- Bharathiar University registration’s last date was 31 May 2023 for BSc Admission 2023. Source
These admissions are mostly merit-based and students are admitted directly but entrance exam score is also mandatory and required by some institutes. The admission procedure for the BSc course begins every year in the months of June or July.
Eligibility Criteria: As per the merit-based criteria, one needs to clear the examination of the 12th standard with almost a minimum percentage of 45% for SC/ST candidates for BSc Admission 2023.
Fees: For a BSc course, an average tuition fee is about INR 20,000 to INR 20,0000, this is because every institute has a different fee.
BSc Admission Highlights
|BSc Full form||Bachelor of Science in Commerce|
|BSc Eligibility||BSc course eligibility is to have at least 50% in Class XII from any recognized board|
|Bachelor of Science Average Fees||
INR 20,000 to INR 2,00,000
|BSc Admission||Merit or Entrance Exam|
|Bachelor of Science Entrance Exams||
|Top BSc Colleges||
BSc Admission 2023-24
Registration for BSc Admission 2023-24 is open in top universities. IGNOU, DU, JNU, MSU and Jamia Millia Islamia are the top universities that are offering this Bachelor of Science course with lots of specialization. Those students who have their previous 12th degrees in the science stream can apply for this course.
IPU CET 2023 Registration is ongoing for BSc Admission in various specializations. the last date to apply was 15 May 2023.
BSc Admission 2023 Important Dates
|IGNOU||15 May 2023||20 September 2023|
|MCU||28 April 2023||14 September 2023|
|DU Sol (Delhi University)||17 June 2023||30 September 2023|
|MJPRU||17 June 2023||05 September 2023|
|Rabindra Bharti University||1 July 2023||15 July 2023|
|IP University||15 April 2023||22 May 2023|
|Mumbai University||27 May 2023||30 September 2023|
|Allahabad University||12 March 2023||11 April 2023|
|Algappa University||12 May 2023||15 July 2023|
|Patna University||10 April 2023||05 June 2023|
|Annamalai University||11 May 2023||15 July 2023|
|Lucknow University||28 March 2023||04 July 2023|
|Bundelkhand University||20 April 2023||20 July 2023|
|Delhi University||12 March 2023||31 July 2023|
BSc Admission 2023: Eligibility Criteria
Candidates who aspire to study BSc course will have to meet the below-given eligibility criteria:
- As per the merit-based criteria, one needs to clear the examination of the 12th standard with almost a minimum percentage of 45% for SC/ST candidates.
- In the case of entrance-based admissions having a good score is also Necessary.
The Average fee for BSc Admission 2023 is INR 20,000 to INR 2,00,000 in India.
DU BSc Admission 2023
BSc Admission is now live at Delhi University. The last date to apply is 31 July 2023 for BSc Admission 2023-24. There are top BSc colleges at Delhi University like Kirori Mal College, Hansraj College, Ramjas College & more. DU BSc Admission will be done through Common University Entrance Test 2023.
Note: DU SOL (Delhi University School of Open Learning) also begins its BSc registration. Students can apply for DU SOL BSc Admission 2023 till 31 August 2023.
JNU BSc Admission 2023
Jawaharlal Nehru University provides Bachelor of science courses with many specializations. B.Sc. M.Sc integrated program in Ayurveda Biology is one of the best BSc specializations at JNU. This Jawaharlal Nehru University bachelor of science course duration is three years to 6 years. Students must have to be regularly updated at @www.jnu.ac.in.
MCU BSc Admission 2023
Makhan Lal Chaturvedi University provides BSc admission 2023 for the July session 2023 at the official portal. The BSc application form is released on the official website and the MCU Badmission is fully based on the BLIS Entrance Exam. Apart from that students must have updated through the official website.
Makhanlal Chaturvedi National University of Journalism & Communication Offers BSc Specializations which are mentioned below:
- B.Sc. (Film and Communication Studies) (Honors)* [B.Sc.(FCS)(Honors)]
- B.Sc. (Graphics and Animation) [B.Sc.(GA)]
- B.Sc. (Multimedia) (Honors)* [B.Sc.(MM) (Honors)]
- B.Sc. (Electronic Media) (Honors)* [B.Sc.(EM)(Honors)]
YCMOU BSc Admission 2023
YCMOU has open registration for the academic session 2023-24. submit the application before 20 September 2023. Students must have to pass the 12th standard with science stream through the recognized board. YCMOU BSc application form will be released on the university website. Students also have to be regularly updated through the admission portal and prospectus
YCMOU BSc Specializations are mentioned below
- BSc Computer System Administration
- BSc Media Graphics and Animation
- BSc Electives-Actuarial Science
- BSc LT
Amity University BSc Admission 2023
There are seven different BSc specializations offered by Amity University, with a 3 year duration for each programme. Admissions to Amity BSc are based on merit. An applicant can apply for a BSc program if he or she has completed Class 12 from a recognized board and students are selected based on their scores on the qualifying exams.
BSc Application Form 2023
BSc admission application forms of regular, and distance-oriented universities can be filled online/offline. The application or registration form fee for this respected degree varies. However, it can be seen between 500-600 in Indian currency. Aspirants can deposit the preserved BSc fee in the following modes that comprise banking, and cash. Respected UGC and deb-approved institutions follow the pattern mentioned below to complete the registration process for BSc.
In order to make the applications, students will first check the criteria. There are direct selections of students made by many colleges. The selection of students apart from merit is also dependent on the entrance exam.
As part of the application process, students will have to take the CUET, BHU UET, and NPAT, as well as other related exams held at the university or state level.
Top Specializations in B.Sc. Admission 2023
The BSc program offers a variety of specialization options to help Students advance their careers. If students specialize in a science field that they are passionate about, they are able to develop Unique career paths that they can follow and create a career path that is uniquely their own. The following is a list of some of the most popular specializations for B.Sc degree programs as outlined by our research:
BSc Mathematics Admission
The most prominent BSc Specialization among Indian students, BSc Mathematics aids in an in-depth understanding of the major mathematical principles and other subjects. Students who took science in the 10+2 grade frequently choose to continue their education in BSc Mathematics since the concentration provides an excellent job path in either the education or engineering fields.
BSc Chemistry Admission
The three-year BSc Chemistry program seeks to specialize its students in the field. The curriculum concentrates on subjects like Molecular, Chemical, and Physiological Chemistry, among others, and delves deeply into the ideas to provide the students with an understanding of the field. With a BSc in Chemistry, graduates will be qualified for jobs in the construction industry, pharmaceutical industry, research facilities, and much more. Students may choose to pursue advanced study in chemistry.
BSc Agriculture Admission
Bachelor of Science or BSc in Agriculture is 4-year duration program available for students. Admission into BSc Agriculture is available at various universities based on Entrance exam scores. The fee varies as per the colleges & universities. Agriculture course study is one of the top distinguished education in youth.
BSc Physics Admission
Another well-liked concentration that students who want to have a secure job in science frequently select are BSc Physics. The course seeks to improve the student’s mathematical and subjective expertise so they excel at physics ideas. The majority of BSc Physics enrollment is based on merit.
BSc Botany Admission
For those who are passionate about any part of the plant world, ecosystem, or forest management and want to focus their career on it, a BSc in Botany is the ideal option. The goal of this three-year undergraduate curriculum is to prepare students for careers as expert botanists, ecologists, or in any other related field by covering both explanatory and empirical components of the discipline.
BSc Computer Science Admission
The technical and theoretical expertise of computers and computer systems is covered in BSc Computer Science. Students will receive the training they need via this three-year undergraduate program to be prepared for careers in the IT and programming industries. The student will learn about a variety of subjects in this curriculum, including operational systems, numerical systems, coding, command systems, and algorithms.
BSc Home Science Admission
A three-year undergraduate program called BSc Home Science covers a variety of topics, including nourishment and wellness. Following graduation, students have a variety of job options, including those in the fields of textiles, apparel, cleanliness, interior decorating, and much more. Suitable contenders for BSc Home Science admissions are those with strong speaking abilities and sufficient awareness of lifestyle, healthcare, and nutrition.
BSc Nursing Admission
BSc Nursing course is a 4-year duration course that aims at preparing professionals with the knowledge related to the nursing discipline. The students get to learn about the various practices and skills that they need to possess in the process of a successful career in the nursing department. The scope for the students pursuing the BSc Nursing course is enormous as they get to aspire for jobs at various health centers, hospitals, and nursing homes in both government and private sectors.
BSc Psychology Admission
Bachelor of Science in Psychology is available at many top colleges in India. The course is available for students who have studied intermediate education in science background. The course includes topics like cognitive behavior, statistics, emotions study & more.
BSc in Biotechnology Admission
Bachelor of Science is the favorite specialization course that is highly demanded by students. This course teaches students how to use technology to make valuable and needful items by living organisms. Students must have passed 10+2 with Physics, Chemistry, and Biology as compulsory subjects by the recognized board. BSc in Biotechnology admission is based on merit or an entrance test. Apart from this, entrance also stands for eligibility for some universities. DUET, KITEEE, and KCET are some entrance exams conducted by Universities and colleges.
BSc Data science admission
BSc Data science is a specialization of science with three years of duration. Every college and University has different prospects for BSc Data science admission. The selection is based on entrance or merit score. This BSc specialization syllabus is about Artificial Intelligence, Business Analytics, Computer Science, and Data Science. After this course, students can apply for good opportunities based on skill.
BSc Entrance Exam 2023
Admission to BSc courses is offered by various institutions and universities after comparing the scores of applicants in their entrance exams conducted by them. The universities conduct entrance exams that are required to be passed by the applicants as a process of selection into the course. Some of the most preferred BSc entrance exams are the GSAT, AGRICET, etc.
Best Colleges for BSc Admission 2023 in Delhi
Hindu College, Delhi
The Hindu College was founded in 1899 and is affiliated with Delhi University. In the arts and sciences, it is regarded as the most prestigious course, similar to the Bachelor of Science degree. For BSc admission, you will need to pass your 12th board exams with a minimum mark of 60% or higher in order to qualify for the program. A part of the north campus of the University of Delhi, it is one of the oldest institutions in the university.
The College also offers many UG and PG courses in the sciences, arts, commerce, and social sciences. The Department of Biotechnology at the Ministry of Science and Technology was designated as a “star college.” It has a student legislature as well.
St Stephen’s College, Delhi
St Stephen’s College offers a Bachelor of Science with many specializations like B. Sc. Physical Sciences B.Sc. Hons. Mathematics, B.Sc. Hons. Mathematics, B.Sc. Hons. Physics. Every year thousands of students enroll here for Bachelor of Science courses. This program duration is 3 to 6 years.
After BSc course, St Stephen’s College also provides Job opportunities for desirable students. The college’s official website and prospectus provide comprehensive information related to the BSc course; students must check all the necessary details. at @www.ststephens.edu.
How To Apply for BSc Admission?
A student may be admitted to the BSc program either on the basis of merit or through an entrance exam. There are a number of ways in which Students can apply for a BSc. The admission procedure will be depending on the university. The application process for BSc colleges can, however, be completed online by applicants. It is the student’s responsibility to fill out the required forms
The two modes of registration online, and offline have been detailed in the following sections.
Online BSc Admission Process-
- Visit Any University Portal
- Search for the Admission Button
- Find the Online Enrollment/Registration link
- Enter basic details like mobile number, and email id to create an account
- Re-Login BSC admission account
- Complete the form by entering personal/academic details
- Deposit fee with Debit/Credit Card, or Net Banking
- Collect Acknowledgment Slip
Offline BSc Admission Process-
- Visit the university a person to collect application forms (Some universities offer a download option as well)
- The blank application form should be filled carefully in the presence of academic/personal documents
- Fill only mandate details
- Attach copies of documents like mark sheets, certificates, identity cards, and address proof
- Submit at the station of admission, and collect the B.Sc application submission receipt
Why Study BSc?
Selecting BSc as a means to develop a better career in the field of science is based on various reasons. The benefits of taking this degree are given as
- As we know that a BSc degree provides a chance to study various specifications so based on this face the job opportunities after completing BSc are also numerous.
- With the rise of science and technology, the job market for BSc degree holders is also widening and also the salary packages of these graduates are more than those holding art or commerce degrees.
- There is a good option of continuing further education like the post-completion of BSc makes you eligible to get admission to MSc program in the related specialization. A BSc degree holder can also pursue MBA.
- B.Sc. students are more likely to change the world and improve it. Innovators and scientists most often come from science backgrounds or have studied closely related fields to science when working on new products and discovering new information.
BSc Career Aspects and Scope
Students with a B.Sc. degree have significant work chances, just like in academic programs. Employment for B.Sc. students is not only limited to the sciences; they can also pursue careers in administration, engineering, legislation, and other fields. Students who successfully complete the B.Sc. programme can find employment in a variety of disciplines, including both science and non-science ones.
- Clinical Research Manager
- HealthCare Provider
An individual with this degree depends on his or her industry of employment; some specialist degrees, such as IT and Computer Science, offer excellent career prospects. The starting pay in this field could range from Rs. 15,000 to Rs. 30,000. A graduate with valuable expertise in a certain field can earn Rs. 60,000 to Rs. 80,000 per month.
Science has frequently been described as a river of chances, offering vast possibilities for further study and work in a wide range of areas. For their postgraduate level degree programmes, BSc graduates have a wide range of options in terms of the disciplines, fields, and themes they can choose from.
Information technology, graphics, media, marketing, hospitality, legislation, human services, and other fields all offer non-science degree programs. Following a BSc, these are the higher education programmes a student can choose from:
- B.Ed., etc.
List of Best BSc Specializations
Top Universities Offering BSc Admission
- Maharaja Sayajirao University of Baroda
- OPJS University
- Jamia Millia Islamia
- Aligarh Muslim University
- Chhatrapati Shahu ji Maharaj University
- Tamil Nadu Open University
- Christ University
- Pondicherry University
- Indira Gandhi National Open University
- Madras University
- Annamalai University
- Banaras Hindu University
- Dr BR Ambedkar Open University
- University of Lucknow
- Devi Ahilya Vishwavidyalaya
- Maharshi Dayanand University
- UP Rajarshi Tandon Open University
- University of Kashmir
- Central University of Kerala
- Savitribai Phule Pune University
- Central University of Haryana
- Yashwantrao Chavan Maharashtra Open University
- Kurukshetra University
- Sam Higginbottom Institute of Agriculture Technology and Science
- Central University of Jharkhand
- Vardhman Mahaveer Open University
- Karnataka State Open University
- University of Mumbai
- Maulana Azad National Urdu University
- Utkal University
Frequently Asked Questions?
Ques: Which BSc specialization is best after 12 classes?
Ans: The choice of BSc specialization depends on several factors such as candidates’ interests, skills, job opportunities, career goals, etc. However, BSc in Agriculture and BSc in Zoology is the most popular specializations in India.
Ques: Which college is best for BSc Admission?
Ans: There are lots of universities which is providing BSc Admission. St Stephen’s College, Miranda House, Hansraj College, etc best for BSc courses.
Ques: Does BSc need any entrance exam?
Ans: Not all universities require the entrance exam to admit students to the BSc degree program, but it is undeniable that the entrance exams are not used for specialized BSc degree programs.
Ques: Does 12th Marks Matter in BSc?
Ans: Indeed! If you are willing to apply for admission to the BSc degree program, you would need to meet the minimum selection criteria, which are hugely impacted by the marks of the 12th grade. To know more about the eligibility criteria, one may read the article crafted above.
Ques: What is BSc eligibility?
Ans: In order to make sure that you would get entry to the BSc degree or specialized degree program, it is a minimum that you must pass the 12th examination in science or related subjects from standard or approved institutions or boards.
Ques: Which BSc course is Best?
Ans: Numerous specializations have been added to the BSc, and each has a place in creating a rewarding career. Due to recent success, we can still view some of the best BSc degrees below.
- BSc Botany
- BSc Computer Science
- BSc Physics
- BSc Chemistry
- BSc Nursing
- BSc Agriculture
Ques: What is the last date of admission in government college 2023?
Ans: There are various universities and the college admission portal is open. Most of them will close admission this month.