BSc Biotechnology Admission: This course has become a vital study field where modern scientific techniques are combined with biology to develop products that benefit humans. This course can lead the students to work in various biotechnology firms. Some of the important subjects included in its syllabus are molecular genetics, cell structure & dynamics, biophysics, principles of microbiology, etc.
BSc Biotechnology Admission Latest Updates
- Lovely Professional University has started the admission for BSc Biotechnology for the academic session 2023-24. The last date is 31 August 2023 to register for the application form. Apply now
- Admission is going on for the BSc Biotechnology course at IMS Ghaziabad. Apply before the deadline. Apply Now
- Mangalayatan University has released the admission form for the BSc Biotechnology program for the Academic year. Students can apply before the last date. Apply Now
- Dr. B Lal Institute of Biotechnology registration is going on for admission to BSc Biotechnology for the session 2023-24. Apply Now
- NIMS University, Rajasthan is inviting an online application form for admission to the BSc Biotechnology course for the session of 2023-24. Apply Here
- BSc Biotechnology Admission 2023-24 is ongoing at Shiv Nadar University. Students can apply before the last date. Apply Now
- Admission to the BSc Biotechnology course is ongoing at DIT. The last date will be announced soon. Apply Now
- Sharda University is inviting online application forms for BSc Biotechnology Admission. Students must have to update through the online portal. Apply Here
- Students can apply at Manipal University for admission to BSc Biotechnology for academic session 2023-24. The last date will be announced soon. Apply Here
BSc Biotechnology How many years? The duration to study this BSc specialization course is 3 years, and the maximum duration is 6 years at an academic level. After completing this course, students will become specialized in research and analysis.
BSc Biotechnology’s six-semester program at the undergraduate level includes subjects such as the introduction of biological chemistry, taxonomy, biodiversity, DNA typing, proteins, and more. The BSc Biotechnology regular degree full-time program has an average fee of INR 24,000 to INR 69,000.
BSc Biotechnology Eligibility Criteria
Applicants who are seeking admission to BSc Biotechnology are required to have 10+2 with Physics, Biology, and Chemistry as core subjects with a minimum of 50% overall score. And 45% is required for SC/ST candidates and 60% marks in each core subject from any recognized educational board. Those students who have PCM are also eligible to apply.
BSc Biotechnology Admission Highlights
|Course Name||BSc in Biotechnology|
|Eligibility||12th with Science (45% Marks)|
|Degree Level||Bachelor Degree|
|Admission Process||Entrance Exam|
|Course Fee||INR 24,000 per year to INR 69,000 per year|
|BSc Biotechnology Salary||INR 4.8 LPA – INR 8.6 LPA|
|Top Job Profiles||Medical Coder, Research Associate, Biotechnology Instructor, Epidemiologist, etc.|
Why should I pursue BSc in Biotechnology?
This course helps students to learn skills that are required in Bioinformatics and Computer-Assisted Research and Analysis. BSc in Biotechnology covers diverse practices and technical knowledge which is crucial in the medical field. This field is constantly evolving, students must adapt to skills and knowledge regarding any change in this industry. The curriculum consists of a Management and Entrepreneurship paper as well which prepares students to take management and administration roles.
Individuals who are interested in genetics and research should pursue BSc in Biotechnology. Being a Biotechnologist requires conducting research in different areas on a regular base, they have to work on altering the genetic materials of plants and animals in order to increase the production of food and livestock. Candidates who are interested in working for food security can also opt for this course. The production of drugs and vaccines is another job prospect in BSc Biotechnology.
Those who are interested in taking BSc Biotechnology course can pursue it after they have completed their 12th or equivalent level of exams. Candidates who work on one side can opt to take this course via distance learning if he or she is working on the other side. Students who wish to pursue a career in the field of biotechnology are ideal candidates for a BSc in Biotechnology degree program.
Top BSc Specializations
BSc Biotechnology Admission 2023
Lovely Professional University Commenced the admission for the BSc Biotechnology course and other programs for the session 2023. The last date to apply is 31 August 2023 for BSc Biotechnology Admission. The admission commences for a BSc Biotechnology three-year undergraduate degree program in the current cycle. Many other universities and colleges have opened the admission gate for biotechnology programs in online/offline modes.
The admission process is simple and students can fill out the application form by themselves. Students who meet the eligibility requirements can apply for admission to BSc Biotechnology at the selected university. Some universities accept admission based on the merit list criteria and some accept entrance exam scores.
BSc Biotechnology Entrance Exam 2023
A BSc biotechnology course in India is mainly offered based on the results of an entrance examination. There are various tests that students have to qualify for in order to get admission, such as LPU NEST, NPAT, NEET, CUET, BHU UET, SUAT, IIT JAM, NU CEEB, JMI CET, SAAT, KIITEE, IPU CET, etc. After completing the 12th standard, students are eligible to apply for any of the entrance examinations.
BSc Biotechnology Application Form
The application form fee for the BSc Biotechnology Course is seen between the amounts of INR 350 and INR 1500. Applicants can pay an undergraduate program application fee in the requested modes such as cards, mobile internet banking, cards, etc.
Best BSc Biotechnology Government Colleges in India
BSc Biotechnology program admission begins every year in private, central, deemed, and state universities. This is a Bachelor’s program, with three years of course duration. Candidates must pass 12th in Physics, Chemistry, Biology/ Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics with at least 45% marks from a recognized board in India. Some of the top Government colleges/universities are:
- Lovely Professional University (LPU)
- IMS Ghaziabad
- Mangalayatan University
- Dr. B Lal Institute of Biotechnology
- Jawaharlal Nehru University (JNU), New Delhi
- University of Calcutta, Kolkata
- University of Madras, Chennai
- Delhi University (DU)
- Jamia Millia Islamia
- University of Allahabad, Allahabad
- Chandigarh University
- University of Hyderabad, Hyderabad
- University of Mumbai (MU), Mumbai
- University of Pune, Pune
- Banaras Hindu University (BHU), Varanasi
- University of Mysore, Mysore
- SRM University Chennai
Scope of BSc Biotechnology course
BSc Biotechnology Course is one of the main branches in the stream of science. The program places a strong opportunity for students to learn, and understand the concepts of Biotechnology to weave a better career ahead.
The MSc Biotechnology programme, Biotechnology and Management programme, Plant Sciences, Botany program, and others are available to students after completing their BSc Biotechnology degree. It is more likely that candidates who have a strong educational background will be able to find excellent career opportunities.
BSc Biotechnology Job Profiles
The BSc Biotechnology PG degree holder has a wide range of employment options that enable them to earn a respectable salary package, including:
- Medical Coder
- Biotechnology Instructor
- Research Associate
Some Other Courses