BSc Geology Admission 2024: It is an undergraduate three years science program. This course thoroughly explains the Earth, nature, and other natural things. Students who passed 10+2 in the Science stream with at least 45-50% marks can fill out an admission form for this course. INR 32,000 to INR 69,000 is the average fee for this course. Top Universities for BSc Geology are Banaras Hindu University, Hansraj College, Andhra University, Fergusson College, etc.
BSc Geology Admission Latest Update (Feb 2024)
- IMTS Institute is currently accepting applications for BSc Geology, the last date to complete the application process is 28 February 2024. Apply Now
- For the academic session 2024-25, Royal Global University is taking applications for BSc Geology, and 28 February 2024 is the last date to apply. Source
- Admission to the BSc Geology at Manipal University is now Started and 28 February 2024 is the last date to apply. Source
BSc Geology Admission Highlights
|Bachelor of Science in Geology
|About the Course
|BSc Geology curriculum includes the study of rocks, minerals, environmental science, earth science, and natural resources like water, petroleum, natural gas, etc. T
|10+2 with PCM/PCB and English with a minimum of 55% marks
|NPAT, CUET, SET, BHU-UET
|Merit-based and Entrance Based
|INR 32,000 to INR 69,000 Per Year
|UGC and AICTE
|Geologist, Petrologist, Hydrogeologist, Mine Supervisor, etc.
|Environmental science, earth science, mineral science, the study of natural resources, climate change, etc.
|IMTS Institute, NILM University, Subharti University, Singhania University
|GSI, ONGC, OIL India
Geology is a broad field that includes economics, geology, geomorphology, mineralogy, paleontology, petrology, and many more. From learning about the different minerals on Earth to studying soil and how it is used in building, a Bachelor of Science (BSc) in Geology covers it all.
Why should I pursue a BSc in Geology?
The curriculum consists of information about various rocks, minerals, fossils, and crystals, that are found on the surface of the earth. It further includes the study of mineralogy, paleontology, petrology, economic geology, hydrogeology, stratigraphy, structural geology, etc. BSc Geology provides a great amount of knowledge about nature and different phenomena of nature like earthquakes, volcanoes, tsunamis, and their occurrence, etc.
Graduates from this course can pursue higher studies such as MSc and Ph.D. if they are willing to increase their knowledge in this field or want to pursue a specialization. There are several job opportunities after completing a BSc in Geology such as geologists, hydrogeologists,
paleontologists, marine geologists, etc, in the government and private sector. The average starting salary in this field is INR 4 lacs to INR 5 lacs annually. With time and experience, an individual can earn up to INR 16lacs annually.
Top BSc Specializations
BSc Geology Admission 2024
Universities have started the BSc Geology Admission process 2024, students can check out their desired university for admission. Interested applicants get selected via merit score and entrance exam.
At the Bachelor’s level, it takes three years to get a BSc in geology. It is offered full-time or regularly and has been approved by the UGC. Geology is the study of rocks and minerals. It talks about what makes rocks and how their shapes change over time.
The program aims to find different ways to use stones to make useful things. The BSc in Geology program focuses on studying Physical Geology, Structural Geology, Paleontology, Stratigraphy, Petrology, Economic Geology, Exploration Geology, Hydro-geology, etc.
- Entrance Exam: The Undergraduate program in Geology admission is given to aspirants who are successfully ranked in the valid entrance exams and qualifying exams. Well-known entrance exams for the BSc Geology program are CUET, SUAT, NPAT, and more.
- Application Form Fee: The application form for BSc Geology admission can only be submitted with a mandatory fee scaled between INR 250 and INR 1,400. Applicants can deposit the application form fee online/offline with the help of the following modes: Digital Payment Apps, Cards, Internet Banking, Demand Drafts, Cash, etc.
Eligibility Criteria for BSc Geology Admission
Applicants can apply for admission to the BSc Geology program, such as Jadavpur University, University of Calcutta, Delhi University, and more. The eligibility to maintain admission to the BSc Geology program is listed below.
- Candidates must have passed 10+2 with at least a 55% aggregate mark. (Science Stream)
- The applicant must have taken one of the optional subjects, such as biology, mathematics, and physics, as their core subjects in class twelve.
- Reserved category candidates must secure a minimum of 50 percent marks for admission.
BSc Geology Syllabus
|Earth System Science
|Elements of Geochemistry
Stratigraphic Principles and Indian Stratigraphy
|Remote Sensing and GIS
Top Colleges in India for BSc Geology Admission
Many Universities/colleges open their admission portal for BSc Geology admission every year. To apply to top colleges for this bachelor’s program, candidates must pass entrance exams like CUET, NPAT, BHU UET, JET, and more. Below is a list of some top universities offering BSc in Geology programs.
- Banaras Hindu University
- Hansraj College
- Fergusson College (Autonomous)
- Jadavpur University
- Andhra University
- University of Delhi
- Ram Lal Anand College, Delhi
- M G Science Institute, Ahmedabad
- Presidency College, Chennai
- Dibrugarh University, Assam
- Presidency University, Kolkata
- Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi
- Parul University, Vadodara
BHU BSc Geology Admission
For admission to the BHU BSc Geology course visit the official site of Banaras Hindu University for session 2024. The admission process for this course will be completed based on the merit and entrance exam. Students who wish to join this course can submit an application form online mode.
BSc Geology Admission in Kerala
BSc geology admission in Kerala is offered in approx 50+ colleges and universities to those applicants who have completed 10+2 in the science stream from a recognized board and obtained at least 50 percent score. Some of the top institutions like Kerala University, Christ College, Irinjalakuda, M.E.S Ponnani, etc. College provide seats in BSc Geology courses based on the merit or entrance exam. These institutions offer both online and offline modes to submit application forms.
Scope of BSc Geology Admission
The BSc Geology program is attractive in the field of science. It invites the category of students in the quest for earth solutions to science-related problems. The undergraduate degree in the BSc Geology allows candidates to work in any of the listed employment sectors:
- Mining Industry
BSc Geology Admission: Salary & Job Profiles
Candidates initiating a career based on the BSc Geology degree can earn an average salary of INR 2.8 LPA to INR 3.7 LPA. Employment or Job roles for eligible candidates are:
- Technical Analyst
- Soi Scientist
- Research Associate
- Deputy Advisors Minerals
Some Other Courses
|PG Diploma Admission
|MSC IT Admission
|BA Education Admission
Question: Is BSc Geology Admission based on merit or an entrance exam?
Answer: This bachelor’s degree offer is based on merit and entrance exams like LPUNEST, CUET, etc. However, some of the universities offer direct admission.