BSc IT Admission 2023: It is a UG program that is offered in the field of computer science. The management, processing, and storage of organizational information is the focus of this course. BSc IT usually takes a minimum of 3-year duration to complete. Applicants who are interested in computers and belong to a science stream background can apply for this program.
BSc IT Trending Updates
- BSc course admission has started at a lovely professional university, the last date is 31 October 2023 to apply. Source
- Amity University is offering BSc IT course admission for session 2023-24, the last date is 30 September 2023. Source
Students in the B.Sc. IT programs will teach how to manage large amounts of data and information for an organization, evaluate the effectiveness of the computer system and servers, and ensure safe data transfer within a network. The program focuses on branches of information technology such as databases, software, networking, etc. Students are offered the opportunity to complete the program study theoretically, and practically based.
- BSc IT Full Form: Bachelor of Science Information Technology
- Eligibility: The basic eligibility criteria to apply for this undergraduate degree course admission is 10+2 from any recognized board of senior secondary education.
- Duration: Similar to most UG courses this course also takes 3 years to complete.
- Fee: The average fee for the IT degree program in BSc in regular universities is found between INR 24,000, and INR 61,000.
BSc IT Admission Highlights
|Course Name||BSc in Information Technology|
|Eligibility||12th with a minimum percentage of 50|
|Degree Level||Under Graduate Degree|
|Admission Process||Entrance Exam|
|Course Fee||INR 24,000, per year to INR 61,000 per year|
|Salary||INR 3.7 LPA to INR 4.7 LPA (Starting Salary)|
|Top Job Profiles||Software Engineer, Computer and Information Scientist, Data Analyst, Programmer, etc.|
Why should I pursue BSc in IT?
This course provides information regarding managing databases, networking, securing, and storing data. Students learn about software engineering, software development, and design. Graduates of BSc IT can find jobs in diverse industries like education, pharmacy, space research, biotechnology, environmental management, etc.
Major recruitment companies like TCS, Infosys, Wipro, Vodafone, and HCL have several employment opportunities for BSc IT graduates. There are information technology software job vacancies in Central and State Govt Departments, UPSC, and Banks. In the public sector such as State Bank of India, Central Bank of India, Canara Bank, etc.
In order to increase their employment opportunities, graduates of BSc Information Technology can pursue MSc in IT or MCA degrees.
Top BSc Specializations
BSc Information Technology (IT) Admission 2023
Admission process is ongoing for BSc IT courses at various universities. Applicants can submit online and offline application forms for admission to the undergraduate degree program.
The BSc IT admission is granted on the basis of entrance exams, and qualifying exam scores. The university typically shares the merit list of shortlisted candidates on the official website.
Application Fee: The application form for admission to the BSc IT program can be submitted with an application fee that ranges from INR 350 to INR 1600. The application form fee can be deposited through digital payment or offline modes, e.g., debit card, credit card, demand drafts, etc.
In this BSc, IT (Information Technology) programme those students who are willing to take BSc IT Admission they have to match a few points mentioned but those can be varied as per universities wise or colleges wise.
- Students need to register for entrance and need a good score per University or college or students can apply directly for admission as per merit based.
BSc IT Admission Eligibility Criteria
Applicants can get admission to the BSc Information Technology six-semester program at universities such as AKS University, RIMT University, Lovely Professional University, etc. The eligibility to get admission to the BSc IT program is listed below.
- 12th standard is a must with at least a 50 percent score from a recognized board.
- Preferably a science background is required for admission to the BSc IT program.
- While a small number of institutions provide admission based on the results of various entrance tests, most colleges offer admission to BSc IT on the basis of merit.
BSc IT Subjects
The BSc IT Subjects are very different and selective. The major subjects of BSc IT programs are Mathematics, Basics of Computer Science, Discrete Mathematics, C Programming, Basics of Digital Electronics, etc. Additionally, elective subjects are Computer Graphics, Computer Systems, Operating Systems, Software Engineering, Computer Networks, and many more.
Several colleges provide BSc IT Admission who want to pursue a career in the IT industry. The majority of colleges provide admission on the bases of merit and some colleges conduct entrance exams such as NPAT, CUET, CUCET, and SET. The average course fee is INR 10,000 to INR 1,20,000 per year.
- PSG College Of Arts And Science, Coimbatore
- PSGR Krishnammal College For Women, Coimbatore
- St. Xavier’s College, Mumbai
- D.G. Ruparel College Of Arts Science And Commerce, Mumbai
- DG Ruparel College
- Jai Hind College
- KC College
- Ludhiana College Of Engineering And Technology, Ludhiana
- I.K. Gujral Punjab Technical University – [Ikg-Ptu], Jalandhar
- Uttaranchal Institute Of Management, Dehradun
Scope of BSc IT
BSc Information Technology is a foundational and skill-oriented program for entry into the professional industry based on IT. Candidates who complete the undergraduate degree in the BSc in Information Technology can work in employment sectors such as graphic design, computer information, database sector, programming, and much more.
The information technology sector is vast in terms of employment in diverse fields, Candidate can opt for different areas such as Education, Space Research, Pharmaceuticals, Banking, and Management. The average salary is INR 5,00,000 but with experience, it can go as high as INR 12,00,000. Some of the Job profiles in these fields are-:
- IT Specialist
- Technical Consultant
- System Analyst
- Computer Support Specialist
- Quality Analyst
- Network Administrator
- Computer Information Specialist
- Database Administrator
- Enterprise Information Officer
- Application Programmer
- Software Tester
- Software Engineer
- Computer, and Information Scientist
- Data Analyst
BSc IT Salary
The newly entered professionals in the information technology industry can earn an average salary of INR 3.7 LPA to INR 4.7 LPA comfortably. Someone with experience of as many as three to five years can earn up to 10 LPA. Eligible candidates have various options in terms of employment roles in information technology.
Some Other Courses
|PG Diploma Admission||MCA Admission|
|BSW Admission||MSC IT Admission|
|BA Education Admission||MLIS Admission|
|BBM Admission||MCom Admission|
|BCA Admission||M Pharma Admission|