BSc MLT Admission 2024: BSc MLT (Medical Laboratory Technology) is a UG degree program that covers multiple domains of Laboratory Technology. This course provides a conceptual study of healthcare and its related aspects. A variety of diagnostic analyses are performed on the human body fluid. These analyses are microscopic, chemical, immunologic, bacteriologic, and hematologic. Most universities conduct the NEET Entrance Exam for BSc MLT Admission.
- BSc MLT Full Form is B. Sc. Medical Laboratory Technology.
- Eligibility Criteria: The basic eligibility criteria to apply for BSc MLT Admission is 12th PCM/PCB from any recognized board of senior secondary education in India.
- Application Process: Some colleges may conduct online applications while others may require you to submit a hard copy of the filled application form along with a copy of all the required documents. The process of admission is based on the Merit/entrance exam.
- Entrance Exam: CUET, NPAT, JNUEE, JH Entrance test, CUCET, etc.
- Fee: The three-year degree program in MLT has an average fee of INR 34,000 to INR 81,000.
- Salary: The average starting salary of a BSc MLT degree holder is expected to be Rs. 3.7 LPA to Rs. 4.8 LPA
BSc MLT Admission Highlights
|Full Form||Bachelor of Science in Medical Laboratory Technology|
|About the Course||BSc MLT is a 3-year undergraduate program that focuses on various aspects of health care, including diagnostic analyses on body fluids. Students learn about hematology, bacteriology, immunology, chemistry, and microscopy.|
|Eligibility||Minimum 50% in 10+2 from any recognized education board with PCMB as compulsory subjects.|
|Examination||CUET, TJEE, LPU NEST, IPU CET|
|Fee||INR 34,000 to INR 81,000 per annum|
|Approval||UGC and AICTE|
|Job Opportunities||Medical Laboratory Technician, Clinical Laboratory Technician, Phlebotomist, Clinical Laboratory Technologist, Medical Laboratory Technologist, Lab Technologist, Biochemist, Medical Phlebotomist, etc.|
|Admission Process||Entrance exam and Merit-Based|
|Subjects||Clinical Endocrinology & Toxicology Lab, Diagnostic Molecular Biology Lab, Diagnostic Cytology, etc.|
|Admission Date||March 2024|
|University||IMTS Institute, Subharti University, Singhania University|
|Entrance Exam||May 2024|
|Placement||Apollo, SRL, Indira Gandhi Hospital, and DDU|
Bachelor of Science in Medical Laboratory Technology (BSc MLT) course covers the study of subjects like diagnostic psychology, diagnostic molecular biology lab, toxicology lab, and clinical endocrinology. After getting this degree, the graduates will find job chances in various medical research & diagnostic labs.
BSc Medical Lab Technology is a paramedical course which can be after the 12th degree. To apply for this BSc specialisation must pass out 12th with a science stream in PCMB or any other relevant degree. CUET, LPUNEST, CUCET etc are the top entrance exams for BSc Medical Lab Technology course.
Jamia Hamdard University, Manipal Academy of Higher Education, Chandigarh University and SRM Institute of Technology are te top colleges which are offering this BSc MLT courses. Students must check out the eligibility criteria for their chosen university.
After this BSc MLT course, Students can apply in various streams such as Blood Banks, Hospitals, Medical Institutes, Pharmaceutical Companies, Research Institutes, PH Departments etc. The average salary students can get is INR 3.7 LPA to INR 4.8 LPA (Starting Salary) per year. Also, students can complete their studies with MSc MLT, or any medical stream-related course.
Following topics: human anatomy, human physiology, biochemistry, bio-medical waste management, and more.
BSc MLT how many years? Basically, BSc Medical Laboratory Technology Duration is 3 years (Minimum) to 6 years (Maximum) in India.
Top BSc Specializations
BSc MLT Admission 2024
There are various universities are accepting application forms for admission. LPU is one of them which has opened the window till 15 January 2024 for BSc MLT Admission. Through the online portal, students can submit application forms. Candidates who are keen to enroll in this program and want to join in the paramedical field which is one of the best choices for them. Both online and offline applications are accepted for the BSc Medical Laboratory Technology admission cycle.
BSc MLT Course Government colleges like AIIMS Delhi, RGUHS, PGIMER, and others offer admission to BSc MLT programs. Some universities conduct the entrance exam for BSc in MLT programs in India CUET UG and NEET UG are one of them. Eligibility for this program is candidate must pass out the 10+2 with the science stream and have secured a minimum 50% mark.
Applicants have various options to apply to the BSc MLT UG degree program, such as Jamia Hamdard University, and Abhilashi University. CMC Vellore, and more. The minimum requirement to obtain admission to the BSc MLT program is mentioned below.
- Students will be considered eligible for admission in BSc MLT after they have completed a 10+2 level education.
- It will be necessary to get this education from a known institute with major subjects in Biology, Physics, and Chemistry.
- At least a 50% score will be required as per the criteria, and the entrance exam is NPAT, CUET, CUCET, SET, and more.
Application Fee: Interested candidates should submit their application form for admission with an application fee that ranges from INR 350 to INR 1,000. The payment mode to pay the fee for an undergraduate program is developed in any of the following modes: Debit Card, Credit Card, Online Banking, Demand Drafts, etc.
Several colleges all over India provide admission for BSc in Medical Laboratory Technology. The average fee charged by these colleges is INR 10,000 to INR 1,50,000. To secure admission to these colleges students have to appear in entrance exams such as NPAT, CUET, CUCET, and SET.
BSc MLT Core Topics
- Human Anatomy
- General Bacteriology
- General Biochemistry
- Immunology & Serology
- Histopathology & Histotechniques
- Haematology and Blood Banking
- Cytology & Cytotechnology
- General Microbiology and Immunology
- Fundamentals of Medical Laboratory Technology
- Principles of Lab Management & Medical Ethics
- Systemic Bacteriology, Virology and Mycology
Top Colleges for BSc MLT Admission 2024
Several colleges all over India provide admission for BSc in Medical Laboratory Technology. The average fee charged by these colleges is INR 10,000 to INR 1,50,000. To secure admission to these colleges students have to appear in entrance exams such as NPAT, CUET, CUCET, and SET. Some of Top Colleges are listed below:
- Manipal Academy of Higher Education, Manipal, Karnataka
- Jamia Hamdard University, New Delhi, Delhi NCR
- Siksha ‘O’ Anusandhan University, Bhubaneswar, Orissa
- King’s George Medical University, Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh
- SRM Institute of Technology, Kanchipuram, Tamil Nadu
- Christian Medical College, Vellore, Tamil Nadu
- Chandigarh University, Chandigarh
- Bangalore Medical College and Research Institute, Bangalore, Karnataka
- Government Medical College, Kozhikode, Kerala
- Government Medical College and Hospital, Chandigarh
BSc MLT Entrance Exam 2024
The admission confirmation of the BSc Medical Laboratory program is made after verification of scores attained at ug, and entrance test level. Some well-known entrance exams for BSc MLT program admission are the JNUEE, JH Entrance Test, and more. Some of Top entrance exams are listed below:
NPAT: Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies (NMIMS) conducts National Test for Programs After Twelfth (NPAT) for admission in undergraduate and postgraduate courses. The syllabus consists of
- Paper 1: English language, Quantitative and Numerical Ability, Reasoning, and General Intelligence.
- Paper 2: Spatial ability and Visualization, Observation and problem solving and General awareness design.
CUET: NTA conducts Common University Entrance Test (CUET) for students looking for a BSc MLT course in this field. Several central and state universities accept candidates based on this examination. The syllabus is divided into three sections:
- Reading comprehension, literary aptitude, and vocabulary
- Class 12th syllabus
- General Knowledge, Current Affairs, General Mental Ability, Numerical Ability, Quantitative Reasoning, Logical, Analytical Reasoning.
CUCET: this entrance test is compulsory for BSc MLT Admission in government colleges. It’s a 2-hour-long computer-based entrance test. The syllabus consists of subjects like English, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Biology, General Studies, and Economics.
LPU NEST: Lovely Profeshanl University scholarship test for BSc MLT course at the Academic level. The test mode is computer-based. Students can fill out the BSc MLT LPUNEST application form at the online portal.
B.Sc MLT Course in Government Colleges
A B.Sc. MLT (Medical Laboratory Technology) course in government colleges equips students with essential skills in clinical laboratory procedures, diagnostics, and analysis. The program focuses on subjects like hematology, microbiology, biochemistry, and pathology. Students gain hands-on experience with modern lab equipment and learn to conduct tests accurately.
Government colleges offer quality education with affordable fees, experienced faculty, and potential job opportunities in public healthcare institutions.
List of Government Colleges for B.Sc MLT Course
- All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS), New Delhi
- Government Medical College, Kerala
- Hindu Rao Hospital, Delhi
- Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education and Research
- Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences (RGUHS Bangalore)
- Vardhman Mahavir Medical College – New Delhi, Delhi
- University College of Medical Sciences and GTB Hospital, New Delhi
B.Sc MLT Course Subjects
|Fundamentals of Physiology & Basics of Biochemistry||Hematology & Clinical Pathology|
|Coagulation studies and blood Bank procedures||Immunology, Serology & Parasitology|
|Systematic Bacteriology, Mycology& Virology||Human Anatomy|
|General Microbiology||Histopathology & Cytology|
|Biochemistry||Health Education & Health Communication|
Why Study BSc MLT
For students who want to gain experience in this field, the Bachelor of Science MLT course is the ideal one. The graduates of this course will receive training and earn the needed skills to be ready to work effectively in the field.
- With an interest in the healthcare industry, Medical Science is a popular course among candidates.
- A medical lab technician plays an essential role in ensuring the smooth functioning of the entire medical process.
- It is equipped with subjects that prepare the candidate for handling advanced lab equipment and performing accurate laboratory tests as part of the BSc MLT curriculum.
- Running laboratories, consultancy services, and health care centers, graduates of this degree course can dive into a variety of educational, hospital, and governmental sectors.
- Degree holders can then continue their education with a master’s degree program in their respective fields.
- Medical laboratory technicians and technologists will see an increase in demand in the coming years due to an aging population and an increased focus on preventative medicine. As a result, graduates of BSc MLT programs are likely to find plenty of employment opportunities.
Scope of BSc MLT
In order to pursue a career in the Medical Laboratory, and Technology-related fields of science, students can opt for BSC MLT assistance. The program covers the study from a basic to an advanced level, which includes fundamentals, and an in-depth study of medical laboratory technology and its associated branches.
There are various fields where one can work like urology labs, microbiology, pathology labs, research labs, hematology, cytotechnology, blood banks, immunology, pharmaceuticals, and hospitals. With a bachelor’s degree in BSC MLT, someone can pursue a master’s and then a doctorate-level degree program to attain academic excellence. Studying more will lead to a better future.
BSc MLT: Salary & Job Profiles
Still, candidates who want to begin their professional career can easily start with a package of INR 2.7 LPA to INR 3.8 LPA in the government and private sectors.
There are several employment opportunities in the Healthcare sector. Every hospital and healthcare center requires clinical lab technicians to detect pathogens that cause health problems. Some of the job profiles are:
- Blood Bank Technician
- Laboratory Supervisor
- Clinical Pathology Technician
- Medical Coder
- CT scan technicians
- Pathology Technician
- MRI technicians
- Optical Laboratory Technician
- X-ray Technicians
- Dental Machine Technician
- Radiology Technician
- Laboratory Technician
- Laboratory Manager
- Medical Officer
Frequently Asked Questions?
Ques: Does BSc MLT need NEET?
Ans: There are numerous universities & colleges in India, that accept the score of the NEET Entrance Exam in order to provide admission to BSc MLT courses.
Ques: What is the salary of a BSc MLT in India per month?
Ans: The salary per month of BSc MLT may differ as per the experience, but as a fresher, one can earn up to INR 25,000 to INR 55,000 per month.
Ques: What is the highest salary for a lab technician?
Ans: The highest salary of a lab technician after a BSc MLT course is Rs 68,000 per month.
Ques: Is B.Sc MLT a good course?
Ans: Yes, Bachelor of Science in Medical Lab Technology is a better career option for those students who are interested in the medical field. Medical Laboratory Technology, is well known as Clinical Laboratory Science, in which students learn Diagnostic, prevention, and treatment of diseases are all carried out by clinical laboratory tests
Ques: What are the options after BSc MLT?
Ans: Master of Science in Medical Lab Technology is one of the courses a student can pursue after earning a Bachelor’s degree in Medical Lab Technology. Nuclear Medicine Technology Master’s Degree. Medical Imaging Technology Master of Science (M.Sc).
Some Other Courses