BSc Nutrition and Dietetics Admission 2023: BSc in Nutrition and Dietetics Admission for three years and can be done full-time or part-time. It is offered by universities, colleges, and other institutions that are approved. Nutrition and Dietetics is a branch of medicine that looks at the effects of food on the body. People can learn about food management and how eating healthy can help them stay healthy through a special BSc program.
BSc Nutrition and Dietetics Trending Updates
- Amity University registration has started for session 2023-24. The last date is 10 September 2023 for BSc Nutrition & Dietetics. Source
BSc nutrition and dietetics admission to the six-semester program for undergraduates include subjective and objective studies of food, nutrition basics, the environment, human physiology and anatomy, nutrition and hygiene, and much more. The average cost of the BSc Nutrition and Dietetics program for two years is INR 46,800.
- Full-Form: Bachelor of Science in Nutrition and Dietetics.
- Duration: 3 Years
- Eligibility: 10+2 in the Science stream with at least 45-50% marks from a recognized board.
- Fee: Approx INR 17,000 to INR 60,800 per year
- Top College: MCC Bangalore, Chandigarh University, Punjab Agricultural University, JSS Academy of Higher Education & Research
- Career Option: Work as a Clinical Dietician, Nutrition Specialist, Health Coach, Dietetic technician, etc.
BSc Nutrition and Dietetics Admission Highlights
|Course Name||BSc in Nutrition And Dietetics|
|Eligibility||10+2 or equivalent with physics, chemistry, and biology as compulsory subjects|
|Admission Process||Merit-based/Entrance Exam|
|Average Fee||INR 17,000 to 60,800 per year|
|Average Salary||INR 4 LPA to 6 LPA|
BSc Nutrition and Dietetics Admission 2023
BSc Nutrition and Dietetics Admission has been started at many government and private universities. The Candidates can apply for admission at the officila website of the university before the last date. The application form for BSc Nutrition and Dietetics courses Admission, Applicants can use online and offline modes to submit the form before the deadline date.
The degree program BSc Nutrition and Dietetics admission is granted to candidates who have scored validly in the entrance exam and qualifying exam. Admission confirmation is shared with the applicant’s mobile number/email id.
Why should I pursue BSc in Nutrition and Dietetics?
This course is mainly pursued by bioscience students. The curriculum includes topics like Nutrition and Dietetics Science which help students to learn to prepare a diet plan for people, food management, components of a balanced diet, eating habits, and Lifestyle management.
Graduates from BSc Nutrition and Dietetics have ample employment opportunities both as
self-employed and in job profiles. An individual can start his/her own Diet Clinic or they can apply to work as a nutritionist and dietician in a gym, health care clinics, and hospitals.
Nowadays people have become conscious of their health and the things that they consume which has increased the demand for nutritionists and dietitians. Graduates from this course have diverse career options available in this field.
Graduates from this course can further pursue MSc in nutrition and dietetics if he/she is interested in increasing their knowledge in this field and further broaden their employment opportunities. The complete course fee varies from INR 17,000 to 60,800 per year. Individuals that complete this course can earn around INR 5lacs annually.
Top BSc Specializations
Eligibility Criteria for BSc Nutrition and Dietetics Admission
Numerous colleges and universities offer admission in BSc Nutrition and Dietetics with their own criteria. Following of the admission requirements are mentioned below, students should read out before the last date.
- 12th standard must be passed by the recognized university with Physics, Chemistry, & biology as mandatory subjects.
- Also, students have to obtain at least a 50 percent score on the examination.
- Selection may done based on the merit and entrance exam score.
BSc Nutrition and Dietetics Entrance Exam
BSc Nutrition and Dietetics admission will be based on an entrance exam in top state, private, and Deemed University for the session 2023-24. The applicants need to opt for the entrance exams like CUCET, SET, CUET, and NPAT. Candidates should obtain good marks in the entrance examination to get BSc Nutrition and Dietetics admission in top universities.
BSc Nutrition and Dietetics Entrance Exam Important Date
|Entrance Exam Name||Registration Last Date||Exam Date|
|CUCET||May 2023||May 2023|
|NPAT||May 1, 2023||May 31, 2023|
|SET||April 2023||14 May 2023|
21 to 31 May 2023
Application Form Fee for BSc Nutrition and Dietetics Admission
A BSc Nutrition and Dietetics application form can be submitted by paying an application fee. The degree program application fee differs but can be seen at approximately between INR 350 and INR 850. The fee can be paid to submit the application form with any payment options, e.g., credit card/debit card, UPI, cash, demand drafts, etc.
Skills Required for BSc Nutrition and Dietetics Admission
- Communication: It is crucial to have written and verbal communication skills for individuals who want to work as nutritionists and dietitians. Interpreting the information provided by the client and giving solutions accordingly is the main part of their job.
- Interpersonal: The ability to build a relationship, patience, and compassion with others comes under interpersonal skills. Professionals in this field have to collaborate with clients to develop nutrition plans and such skills play a major role in successfully fulfilling that.
- Organizational: There are several files and paperwork which consist of important and sensitive information related to their clients and are required to be maintained properly.
- Scientific Knowledge: Knowing biological processes about proteins, vitamins, fats, and other elements are a must for a dietician. Nutritionists rely on their knowledge to prepare personalized diet plans.
BSc Nutrition and Dietetics Admission: Scope
The BSc in Nutrition and Dietetics is a career-oriented program as it offers students knowledge by which they can have a professional career in nutrition or a related branch.
With a profession based on nutrition and dietetics, individuals can promote health awareness by spreading the importance of knowing the subunits like nutrition, diet, and the relationship between good eating habits and managing or preventing specific diseases.
BSc Nutrition and Dietetics Admission: Salary & Job Profiles
Candidates who complete an undergraduate degree in BSc Nutrition and Dietetics can begin a professional career with an average package of INR 4-6 LPA. Eligible individuals can opt for the profession such as:
- Clinical Dietician
- Health Coach
- Nutrition Specialist
- Dietetic Technicians
Top Colleges in India for BSc Nutrition and Dietetics Admission
BSc Nutrition and Dietetics duration are three years. Aspirants must pass 12th with at least 50% marks with physics, chemistry, and biology as compulsory subjects to apply for admission in this program. Below is a list of top colleges offering B.Sc in Nutrition and Dietetics programs.
- MCC Bangalore, Bangalore
- BHC, Tiruchirappalli
- Madhav University, Sirohi
- Chandigarh University, Chandigarh
- Punjab Agricultural University, Ludhiana
- JSS Academy of Higher Education & Research, Mysore
BSc Nutrition and Dietetics Admission Syllabus
|1st Year||2nd Year||3rd Year|
|Semester I||Semester II||Semester III||Semester IV||Semester V||Semester VI|
|Basic Nutrition||Human Anatomy And Physiology I||Biochemistry Practical I||Food Commodities I||Nutritional Biochemistry||Sports Nutrition And Physical Fitness|
|Basic Dietetics||Advanced Nutrition||Human Anatomy And Physiology Ii||Community Nutrition||Human Anatomy And Physiology Iii||Elementary Human Physiology|
|Family Meal Management I||Clinical Nutrition||Human Physiology Practical I||Therapeutic Nutrition I||Food Science And Processing||Food Analysis|
|Fundamentals Of Biochemistry||General Biochemistry||Therapeutic Nutrition||Community Nutrition||Methods Of Cookery||Nutrition In Emergencies|
Note: The syllabus of BSc Nutrition and Dietetics may vary from university to university
Some Other Courses
|Diploma Admission||MLIS Admission|
|PG Diploma Admission||MCom Admission|
|BA Admission||M Pharma Admission|
|BCA Admission||MTech Admission|
|BCom Admission||MBA Finance Admission|