BSc PCM Admission 2024: The BSc PCM is a full-time undergraduate degree that takes three years to finish. The six-semester program is divided into physics, chemistry, and math. The UG degree program is meant to give students a solid foundation and help them become professionals by teaching them how things work and how they are put together.
- Full-Form: Bachelor of Science in Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics.
- Duration: 3 Years
- Eligibility: 10+2 in PCB/PCM stream with at least 45-50% marks from a recognized board.
- Fee: Approx INR 55,000 to INR 90,000
- Career Option: Work as a Research Analyst, Scientific Assistant, Chemists, Technical Writer, Enumerators, etc.
BSc PCM Admission Highlights
|Full Form||Bachelor of Science in PCM (Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics)|
|About the Course||B.Sc PCM Distance Education is a 3-year undergraduate course specializing in Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics. It is designed to provide a higher level of study in these subjects and prepares candidates for careers in both scientific and non-scientific areas.|
|Eligibility||10+2 from a recognized board with a minimum of 40 to 45% marks in the science stream.|
|Examination||CUCET, NPAT, CUET, SET, etc.|
|Fee||INR 55,000 – INR 90,000 per annum|
|Approval||UGC and AICTE|
|Job Opportunities||Research Scientist, Scientific Assistant, Research Analyst, etc.|
|Admission Process||Merit-Based/Entrance Exam|
|Subjects||Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, etc.|
|Admission Date||March 2024|
|University||IMTS Institute, Singhania University, Subharti University|
|Entrance Exam||May 2024|
|Placement||MKD Group, Tech Mahindra, Just Dial, Bajaj Motors Ltd|
In the BSc PCM program, students learn about mechanics, differential calculus, chemistry, aliphatic hydrocarbons, general organic chemistry, and more. A BSc PCM degree program costs range from INR 55,000 to INR 90,000.
BSc PCM Admission will be based on CUET (Common University Entrance Test) by NTA (National Testing Agency) at multiple central and state universities. Apart from that, 10+2 with PCM or PCMB with 50% marks is also a part of the Admission Criteria. There is a relaxation of 5% score for reserved categories at colleges or Universities.
Why should I pursue BSc in PCM?
Individuals who want to increase their knowledge of science and technology should opt BSc in PCM. The curriculum provides in-depth knowledge about practical and systematical bases of the world. Students get to learn about chemicals, and their function in industries, and further improve their quality of life.
The course prepares students for higher studies like MA and Ph.D., and jobs like scientists, mathematicians, and architects. It also provides knowledge about the great works of scientists in the field of Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics. The curriculum develops a problem-solving approach towards life, graduates from this course can solve problems related to Mathematics and Science without any difficulty.
There are several career opportunities for graduates of BSc in PCM. They can work in different fields according to their skills and knowledge such as working in education institutes, Research Institutes, Laboratories, Petrochemical Industries, teaching professions, and marketing.
Top BSc Specializations
BSc PCM Admission 2024
There are numerous Government and Private universities that offer BSc in PCM courses to students who have an interest in pursuing it. Applicants can get more info and application forms for academic sessions via an online portal.
Admission to BSc PCM will proceed on the basis of entrance exam scores such as CUET, NPAT, and SET in the various universities. Although some of the top universities offer admission on the basis of merit scores. The applicants who meet the basic eligibility criteria will be able to apply for admission to the BSc PCM program on their desired university’s official website.
- Application Fee: In reputable universities, the application fee for the BSc PCM program typically ranges from INR 350 to INR 1500. Candidates can pay the fee to submit the filled application form via digital payment options like cards, applications, mobile internet banking, or demand drafts.
- Entrance Exam: Admission to the BSc PCM program is given to a select group of students who passed their qualifying exams and the university/state entrance exams.
- Merit-Based Selection: In some colleges/universities the selection process for admission to the BSc PCM course is based on the candidate’s performance in the 12th board examination. Colleges/Universities select candidates based on their merit scores.
- Counseling: Once the selection process is finished universities call the selected candidates for counseling. During the counseling process, candidates need to submit the required documents and also need to pay the admission fee to confirm their admission.
Eligibility Criteria for BSc PCM Admission
Aspirants can look to apply for the BSc PCM program at universities like Dev Bhoomi Uttrakhand University, Christ University, Delhi University, and more. The minimum eligibility for admission to the Bachelor’s PCM program is mentioned below.
- The applicants must have passed from 10+2 with PCM from a recognized board.
- The Candidate should acquire a minimum of 50% marks in their board examination to get the BSc PCM admission into top universities.
BSc PCM Entrance Exam Important Date
|Exam Name||Registration Close||Exam Date|
21 to 31 May 2024
|NPAT||May 1, 2024||May 31, 2024|
|SET||April 2024||14 May 2024|
|CUCET||May 2024||May 2024|
|KSAT||April 2024||20-21 May 2024|
Amity University BSc PCM Admission
In order to apply for the BSc PCM Admission, you will need to fill in the Amity Application Form. Any candidate who wishes to study PCM can apply for this bachelor’s degree. The application form can be downloaded from the official website and it can be submitted through the same portal. It is mandatory for every candidate to pass 10+2 from a recognized board with at least 50% marks and take the entrance exam to become eligible for enrollment.
Scope of BSc PCM Course
The BSc PCM program is a well-known subset of the science stream. The curriculum enhances students’ academic credentials, so they can more easily weave a career. Candidates with a PCM bachelor’s degree can select from the career options in the sectors listed below.
- Agriculture Industry
- Biotechnology Firms
- Research and Development Industry
- Forensic Crime Research
- Biotechnology Firms
- Environmental Management and Conservation
- Researcher and Accountant
- Oil Industry
- Teacher and Professor
BSc PCM Admission: Salary
- A BSc PCM degree allows candidates to start a professional career with a salary package ranging from INR 3 to INR 3.9 LPA.
BSc PCM Admission: Job Profiles
Candidates can choose any of the specialized job profiles after passing the UG degree in the BSc PCM, such as:
- Research Analyst
- Technical Writer
- Scientific Assistant
Research Analyst: Research analysts create investigation reports on securities or other assets for internal usage or customer use. An analyst’s preparation of material includes reviewing publicly available securities records of businesses or industries. The average salary of Research analysts is between INR 2.5 lakhs to INR 8.5 lakhs per annum.
BSc PCM Admission Syllabus
|Semester I||Semester II|
|Mechanics||Waves & Oscillations|
|Differential Equations & Vector Calculus||3d Coordinate Geometry|
|Atomic Structure & Periodic Classification||Chemical Bonding & Nuclear Chem|
|Semester III||Semester IV|
|Atomic & Nuclear Phys||Modern Optics|
|Linear Algebra -I||Numerical- Analysis|
|Aliphatic Compounds||Thermodynamic – Ii, Phase Equilib &radio Chem|
|Main Group Elements||Physics Lab|
|Semester V||Semester VI|
|Coordination Chemistry & Isomerism.||
Solid State Physics
Partial Differential Equations
Advanced Organic Chemistry
Photo Chemistry & Advanced Wave Mechanics
Note: The syllabus of BSc PCM may vary from university to university
Top Colleges BSc PCM Admission
- St Stephen’s College, New Delhi
- Hindu College, New Delhi
- Lady Shri Ram College for Women – [LSR], New Delhi
- Miranda House, New Delhi
- Hansraj College – [HRC], New Delhi
- Kirori Mal College – [KMC], New Delhi
- Ramjas College, New Delhi
- Sri Venkateswara College – Delhi, New Delhi
- Atma Ram Sanatan Dharma College – [ARSD], New Delhi
- Deen Dayal Upadhyaya College, New Delhi
Some Other Courses
|BBA Admission||MA Admission|
|BLIS Admission||MBA Admission|
|PhD Admission||MTech Admission|
|Diploma Admission||MSW Admission|
|BA Education Admission||MCA Admission|