BSc Physics Admission 2023: The Bachelor of Science in Physics is a three-year undergraduate study covering physics fundamentals. The BSc Physics course is structured into six semesters, and each semester includes theory, lab, and practical examinations. The BSc in Physics program is designed to teach graduates fundamental concepts such as quantum physics, electromagnetism, optics, calculus semiconductors, waves, statistics, etc.
- Full-Form: Bachelor of Science in Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics.
- Duration: 3 Years
- Eligibility: 10+2 in PCB/PCM stream with at least 45-50% marks from a recognized board.
- Fee: Approx INR 15,800 to INR 71,500 per year
- Career Option: Work as Physicist, Lab assistant, Radiologist assistant, Research associate, Academic counselor, etc.
BSc Physics Latest Update
- Sharda University has started the BSc Physics admission for the 2023 academic session, the last date will be announced soon by the University. Apply Now
- BSc Physics admission is ongoing at Amity University for the 2023 academic session, 31 August 2023 is the last date to apply. Apply Now
Most admissions are merit-based, but some universities have entrance tests for BSc Physics admission. The average cost for BSc Physics varies, depending on the Colleges in India. Graduates of BSc Physics can work in both the private and public sectors. The average BSc Physics income ranges from INR 4.5 LPA to INR 7.2 LPA.
BSc Physics Admission Highlights
|Course Name||BSc in Physics|
|Eligibility||12th in PCB/PCM stream with at least 45-50% marks|
|Admission Process||Merit-based/Entrance Exam|
|Course Fee||INR 15,800 per year to 71,500 per year|
|Average Salary||INR 4.5 LPA to INR 7.2 LPA|
Why should I pursue BSc in Physics?
- Physics fundamentals such as force, electromagnetism, waves, and optics are covered in the curriculum. A high level of reasoning and problem-solving ability is required.
- The subject helps students in developing logical thinking, reasoning, and intellectual thinking. The syllabus talks about fundamental science which tries to explain the workings of the universe. The advancement of technology directly correlates with advancements in physics.
- The curriculum consists of modern as well as classical Physics such as quantum mechanisms and relativity in modern Physics, electrodynamics, electricity, magnetism, and optics providing a holistic view. It also provides a strong base for students who are willing to opt for further studies.
Top BSc Specializations
BSc Physics Admission 2023
BSc Physics Admission has begun for the 2023 academic session at various universities. Candidates who are interested to pursue this bachelor’s degree course can apply by visiting the official site of the university to which they want to apply. Admission is available both online and offline. Applicants have to fill up the offline or online application.
Universities are determining admission to the BSc Physics program on academic and entrance exam merit. Some universities grant admission to the program only based on entrance test performance.
- Application Fee: Application form fees that range from the amounts of INR 300 to INR 2,500 in respected universities have to be paid with the following modes, credit cards, debit cards, internet banking, demand drafts, etc.
- Course Fee: BSc Physics program for the six semesters has an average fee of 15,800 INR 71,500 in private, deemed, state, and other universities.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible for BSc Physics admission, candidates must have completed 10+2 with an overall grade point average of 45-50% and PCBM or PCM as mandatory subjects.
Top Colleges for BSc Physics Admission
Bachelor of Science in Physics is a three years degree program. Aspirants who want admission to this program must complete 12th or equivalent with at least 50% marks from a recognized board of India. The average fee for this Bachelor’s program is between INR 15,800 per year to 51,000 per year. Many Colleges/universities offer BSc physics programs. Here below given the list of some Top colleges.
- SRM University Chennai
- IISc Bangalore – Indian Institute of Science.
- Sathyabama University
- Gandhigram Rural Institute, Dindigul.
- Singhania University, Jhunjhunu.
- GSAT: The exam is conducted by the Gandhi Institute of Technology and Management University. The duration is 1 hour and the mode is offline.
- IISER: The exam is held by Indian Institutes of Science Education and Research, duration of this exam is three hours.
- BHU-UET: The exam is conducted by Bananas Hindu University in order to provide admission for BSc courses.
Scope of BSc Physics Admission
The BSc Physics regular degree program is an option for students who want to improve their logical reasoning, quantitative argumentation, and goals for a career in physics and related fields. The BSc Physics degree offers the opportunity to work in any listed sector with a starting salary ranging from INR 4.5 LPA to INR 7.2 LPA.
- Oil and Gas Engineering
- Construction Companies
Higher Education: The option to study higher in the Physics stream is also available as students can choose programs like:
- MSc Physics
- MSc Advanced Physics
- MSc Biophysics
- MSc Applied Physics
BSc Physics Admission: Job Profiles
Candidates who meet the requirements can find employment as a physicist, lab assistant, radiologist assistant, research associate, academic counselor, and many other positions in the professional arena.
- Research assistant: Their main responsibility is to conduct and assist research activities. There are several universities and healthcare centers that have requirements for this job profile. The average annual income for this profession is INR 3lacs to INR 4lacs.
- Lab Technician: The main in this profession is to provide assistance and supervise all the equipment that is present in the Laboratory. Individuals must know about the safety measures essential while working in a lab. They earn around INR 2lacs to 3lacs.
- Consulting Physicist: They help in technological advancement by discovering new elements, working on theories, and inventing technologies. The average annual income for this profile is INR 8 lacs.
- Radiologist Assistant: They have in-depth knowledge of radiation waves, and they work with radiologists to cure cancer. They earn roughly 6 lacs per annum.
BSc Physics Admission Syllabus
|Semester I||Semester II|
|Mechanics, Heat And Thermodynamics||Oscillations, Waves, And Sound|
|Applications Of Physics And Electromagnetics||Mathematical Methods In Physics-II|
|Mathematical Methods In Physics-I||Solid State Physics|
|Semester III||Semester IV|
|Atomic And Molecular Physics||Quantum Mechanics|
|Computational Physics||Thermodynamics And Statistical Physics|
|Elements Of Materials Science||Nuclear Physics|
|Classical Electrodynamics||Electronics/Advanced Electronics|
|Semester V||Semester VI|
|Physics Of Nanomaterials||
|Elements Of Modern Physics||
Analog Systems And Applications
Digital Systems And Applications
|Pathway Elective 1||
Note: The syllabus of BSc Physics may vary from university to university.
Some Other Courses
|BBM Admission||MSC IT Admission|
|Diploma Admission||MLIS Admission|
|PG Diploma Admission||MCom Admission|
|BA Admission||M Pharma Admission|
|BCA Admission||MTech Admission|
Frequently Asked Questions
Question: Can PCB students do B.Sc Physics?
Answer: Yes Students of PCB (Physics, Chemistry, & Biology) can pursue BSc Physics.