M.Pharm Admission 2023: Masters of Pharmacy is a two-year duration PG degree program. It is a course in Pharmacology within the stream of Pharmacy. In this study, students learn about how different kinds of drugs act on a biological system. The various chemical agents having therapeutic value are studied in this course as how biological systems respond to their potential toxicity.
- NMIMS Pharmacy admission will be based on the score of CET 2023. The registration process for the entrance exam has begun at NMIS. (Apply Here)
- SRM will accept the admission to MPharm course through the entrance exam. Students can fill out the registration form for SRMIST through the official website. (Register Here)
Among the top pharmacy Indian colleges are Manipal University, Amity Institute of Pharmacy, MS Ramaiah College of Pharmacy, Chitkara College of Pharmacy, and others. In these colleges and in many others admissions are either merit or entrance-score dependent. Each year in June M.Pharma admissions is started.
Eligibility Criteria for M.Pharm Admission
The provided eligibility criteria must be fulfilled by the candidates to get admission:
- It is necessary to get a graduation degree such as B.Pharma or other related from a recognized University.
- Graduation is acceptable in any Biology, Microbiology, Chemistry, Genetics, Botany, Biotechnology, Zoology, Physics, Biochemistry, etc.
- The minimum aggregate score required from candidates is 55%.
M.Pharm Admission Fee Structure
For the complete two years study period of these courses, a tuition fee ranging from INR 90,000 to 6,00,000 is charged in most colleges.
MPharm Admission Highlights
|M.Pharma Full form||Masters of Pharmacy|
|M.Pharma Course Duration||Two Years|
|M.Pharm Eligibility Criteria||BPharma with 50% aggregate from any recognized university|
|Master of Pharmacy Average Fees||INR 90,000 to 6 Lakh|
|Admission Process||Merit or Entrance Exam|
|Best Universities for MPharma||
|Master of Pharmacy Specializations||
M.Pharm Admission 2023
The Master of Pharmacy (MPharm) is a two-year postgraduate programme that is accessible. The course in pharmaceutical sciences is focused on learning about drugs and medicines. It raises students’ enthusiasm for doing further pharmaceutical research and enhances their theoretical, technical, and practical pharmacy expertise. Candidates for this master’s program must have earned their B.Pharm. or an equivalent degree from a recognized Indian university.
In addition, aspirants must face entrance exams like GPAT, NIPER JEE, AP PGECET, etc. Students can do this master’s course in various specializations such as Pharmaceutics Pharmacology, Medicinal Chemistry, Pharmacognosy, Biopharmaceutics, Drug Regulatory Affairs etc.
M.Pharm Application Form 2023
There will be an opening of the application forms for admission to M.Pharma programs at various universities in the near future. A candidate who has passed the GPAT or an equivalent level of exam must submit the university’s admission form along with his or her application form.
In order to enroll in a pharmacy-oriented program at a university, one would need to pay between $500 and $1,000 for the first semester and a registration fee. Both online and traditional admissions are available at universities approved by the Indian government.
Admission procedures may vary from one college to another but most of them conduct entrance exams to select candidates. Every time the candidate qualifying for the entrance exam are then appeared in the interview rounds. Some institutes conduct their own test and some rely on the score of national or state exams. The entrance exams conducted in this regard are NET, GATE, GPAT, etc.
M.Pharm Best College
Numerous colleges/universities open their admission portal yearly for the M. Pharma program. Below is the list of some best colleges/universities that will help students find better college.
- Delhi Institute of Pharmaceutical Science
- Al-Ameen College Of Pharmacy
- Poona College of Pharmacy
- AISSMS College of Pharmacy
- Manipal College of Pharmaceutical
- Dr Bhanuben Nanavati College
- L.M. College Of Pharmacy, Ahmedabad
M Pharm Course & Fees in Chitkara University
Chitkara university is located in Chandigarh. Besides providing many courses, the University also offers M Pharma courses to students. To apply for M Pharma admission, candidates must pass B. Pharmacy with at least 50% marks from a recognized university in India. The University conducts admission on an entrance base and interview session. The M Pharma course fee at CU is 3.08 Lakh.
M Pharm Fees in UP
Candidates looking for M Pharma admission in Up have multiple options to choose colleges. Many colleges/universities in UP offers Master of Pharmacy programs such as Integral University, Lucknow, IIT BHU, Varanasi, CSJMU, Kanpur, Amity University, Noida, ITS Ghaziabad, and many other. The average fee in UP for the M Pharm program is between INR 60,000 to INR 10,0000 per annum.
M.Pharm Admission 2023 Maharashtra
Many universities will soon start admission to the M.Pharma courses for the academic year 2023 in Maharashtra. State Common Entrance Test Cell, Maharashtra organise the common entrance exam for admission to various PG courses including MPharma. NMIMS and SRM are the most popular university that provides admission to MPharm course in Maharashtra.
How to Apply for M.Pharm Admission?
The process of M.Pharm traditional and online admission process is detailed below.
- Visit the online portal for M.Pharm admission to any university.
- Press the register button, and create an account.
- Re-login to the admission account with received credentials like username, and password.
- Follow, and complete each section comprising personal, communication, education, and document upload.
- Make a deposit of the M.Pharma application fee.
- Download online receipt as an assurance of submission.
Documents Required for M Pharm Admission
Here is the list of documents required for admission to MPharm for the session 2023.
- 5 Passport Size Photographs
- 10th Class Marksheet
- 12th Class Marksheet
- Graduation Certificate
- Adhar Card
- Residential Certificate
- Income Certificate
- Cast Certificate
Top Specializations in M.Pharm
There are a number of specializations available to students in the M.Pharm degree, and a few of the most well-liked ones are listed below:
- Pharmaceutics: The equipment employed in pharmaceutical businesses to produce pharmaceuticals and the manufacturing of medicines are linked fields. The scope of a Master of Pharmacy in pharmaceutics includes drug composition, synthesis, and intermediate product research, production, and quality control for pharmaceuticals. Initial salaries can be lower, possibly between 20,000-30,000 INR per month. But good companies with greater pay can hire you because of your experience.
- Pharmacology: This topic is timeless. After earning your M. Pharmacy in pharmacology, you have a wide range of career options, from medical institutions to pharmaceutical firms. You can engage in pharmaceutical market research firms, clinical studies or licensing, pharmacy consulting, pharmaceutical research, pharmaceutical quality control, or drug safety. Jobs centered on consulting and analysis are more satisfying. The greatest wage for this specialty ranges from 25,000-50,000 INR per month, based on the institution and the candidate’s qualifications. With this specialty, there is considerable potential for professional progression.
- Medicinal Chemistry: This is one of your preferred subjects if you are interested in the study and evaluation of innovative medications. An M. Pharm in medicinal chemistry can be used to generate new treatments as well as work in research, quality control, and analysis domains. Ii is also in high demand in the classroom. With starting pay ranging from 20,000-45,000 INR per month, there are considerable chances for career progression.
- Pharmacognosy: Natural products are related to M. Pharm in Pharmacognosy. Jobs in this profession are scarce in corporations. Also in demand is the teaching profession. If you have a degree from a reputable university, you can find employment in the laboratories of reputable businesses like Dabur, Zandu, and Himalaya. You may be able to get work in chemistry-based research as well, depending on your project. To broaden your horizons, you might enroll in certificate programmes in analysis, WIPO, and clinical trials. If you graduate from a subpar institution, it will be tough for you to obtain a suitable career in analysis, pharmaceutical research, or chemical research with a beginning salary of between 12,000 and 30,000 per month.
- Hospital Pharmacy: MS Pharma or M. Pharm in hospital pharmacy is the right degree for you if you are interested in commercial pharmacy or clinical studies. You have good opportunities in the area of clinical studies if you follow this path from a reputable institution. Initial salaries might be in the range of 20,000 – 35,000 INR per month.
Master of Pharmacy or M.Pharma has a course duration of about 2 years available in numerous specializations, as mentioned above. The course at the master’s level is offered at many pharmacy colleges in India. The curriculum and MPharm Syllabus differ as per the specializations. General MPharm subjects are Modern Pharmaceutics, Drug Delivery System, Regulatory Affairs, Advanced Biopharmaceutics, Pharmacokinetics & more.
M Pharm Colleges
The demand for M pharma programs is high in India. Serval universities/ colleges offer this master’s program. Below is a list of some top universities/ colleges in India that offer M Pharm courses.
- Parul University, Vadodara
- NIPER, Mohali
- ICT, Mumbai
- BITS, Pilani
- NIPER, Hyderabad
- Manipal College Of Pharmaceutical Sciences
- JSS College Of Pharmacy
M.Pharmacy Career Opportunities
There are plenty of job profiles available after M.Pharma and here is the list mentioned below of some of the top job profiles:
- Teacher: Only government sector universities, and only after a PhD, offer a good M.Pharm teaching scope. In general, the future of teaching in private colleges is dim. The prospects for future professional advancement in private colleges are dim. In most private colleges, there is a fair amount of work pressure.
- Research: A wide range of research opportunities, including investigations on biosafety, formulations, clinical research, and drug discovery. For deserving candidates, the scope is always favorable. Given that you primarily work in R&D for well-known businesses, the workload is manageable. Future prospects are favorable for deserving individuals in both India and other nations. The majority of work locations are in state metropolises.
- Emerging Fields: After earning an M. Pharm., there are new career paths including consulting, market research, clinical trials, and pharmacovigilance. After a drug is introduced to the market, safety studies are conducted in the field of pharmacovigilance, which analyses market data to forecast patterns in supply and demand. The professional advice that consultancies offer to pharmaceutical businesses to improve their performance is their area of expertise. For those who merit it, these vocations offer a good beginning income and room for professional advancement. The typical job location is in or around the major cities of Delhi, Bangalore, Hyderabad, and Mumbai.
- Government Sector: Instead of drug inspectors or pharmacists in government organizations, no specific government positions were available after earning an M. Pharm. Additionally, you can take a number of standard graduation-based exams including the SSC and UPSC. A master’s degree can speed your promotion in states where there is a pharmacist cadre. A drug inspector’s initial pay ranges from 50,000 to 65,000 per month. State-to-state variations in pharmacist pay are possible. The initial wage in the federal government, on the railroads, and in ESIC hospitals is about 45,000. After two years of probation, it increases to more than 55,000.
- Regulatory Affairs: In regulatory affairs, you must create dossiers for the export of medicines to other nations. In comparison to education, regulatory affairs have a wider scope. You can take courses that are relevant to your line of work to improve your abilities and career prospects. Workplace stress fluctuates occasionally depending on the company’s regulatory obligations. The workplace could be in a large city or an industrial area of a small town.
M Pharmacy salary in India
Candidates will have a bright future option after completing the MPharm course. The average salary in India will be INR 0.2 Lakhs to INR 6.4 Lakhs. The average annual salary is 2.6 Lakhs.
Why Study MPharmacy?
Doing M.Pharma is providing a number of benefits to the candidates who successfully complete this two-year degree program. There are various financial benefits of taking these courses and among those some are:
- Prior to moving toward the professional world this degree is beneficial in doing higher research studies. One can do an M.phil or Ph.D. in the field of Pharmacy.
- Pharmacy can also be studied from anywhere in the world, which is another great reason. You can earn an international diploma from home with an online Pharmacy degree, removing physical barriers between students and universities.
- The candidates who successfully complete this course get employed in many related areas of pharmacy. These individuals can be hired in pharmacological laboratories and various drug manufacturing industries.
- Such postgraduates can get positions such as Pharmacologist, Biomedical Scientist, Healthcare Scientist, Research Scientist, Analytical Chemist, Clinical Research Associate, and so on.
- These professionals earn an annual salary of about INR 3 to INR 10 lacs.
Top Universities for MPharm Admission
- UP Rajarshi Tandon Open University
- Dr BR Ambedkar Open University
- University of Lucknow
- Christ University
- Maharaja Sayajirao University of Baroda
- OPJS University
- Aligarh Muslim University
- Maulana Azad National Urdu University
- Savitribai Phule Pune University
- Banaras Hindu University
- Jamia Millia Islamia
- Chhatrapati Shahu ji Maharaj University
- Central University of Kerala
- University of Mumbai
- Central University of Haryana
- Central University of Jharkhand
- Maharshi Dayanand University
- Annamalai University
- Vardhman Mahaveer Open University
- Karnataka State Open University
- Madras University
- Sam Higginbottom Institute of Agriculture Technology and Science
- Kurukshetra University
- Indira Gandhi National Open University
- Devi Ahilya Vishwavidyalaya
- University of Kashmir
- Utkal University
- Pondicherry University
- Tamil Nadu Open University
- Yashwantrao Chavan Maharashtra Open University
Other Courses Admission 2023
|BCom Admission||DPharma Admission|
|BCA Admission||MA Admission|
|BBM Admission||MBA Marketing Admission|
|BBA Admission||MBBS Admission|
|BTech Admission||MCA Admission|
Frequently Asked Questions?
Question 1: How does M pharmacy benefit you?
Ans: Researchers with an interest in research can go into Research and Development in the long run given their interest in core subjects like Pharmaceutics and Medicinal Chemistry.
Question 2: What is the best field of MPharm?
Ans: Those who are looking for a better chance at landing a promising job should consider earning a Master’s in Pharmacy. You should choose a specialization in Pharmaceutics, Pharmacology, Pharmacy Practice, or Pharmaceutical Management & Regulatory Affairs