MBA Admission 2023: Master of Business Administration also known as MBA, is a 2-year course at the postgraduate level. Students who are desiring to move forward with a career in the role of senior leadership can opt for this course. MBA Admissions are now open at Jawaharlal Nehru University for the 2023-24 academic year. In order to apply for JNU MBA admissions 2023, candidates must submit their CAT 2022 scores at jnuee.jnu.ac.in. Applications will be accepted until March 15, 2023.
This course focuses on learning basic and advanced principles of modern business management, investment management, business ethics, economics, marketing, finance, accounting, etc. IGNOU MBA Admission 2023 has been commenced for various specializations, the last date to apply is 10th February 2023.
MBA Admission 2023 Updates
- IIFT MBA Admission 2023-25 has been commenced for Foreign nationals (GMAT scorecard needed), Apply till 15 March 2023. Source
- MBA CET exam 2023 will be conducted on 18 March 2023 at Maharashtra for mba admission. Students can get more detail at MBA CET 2023 official website. Source
- TANCET 2023 Registration started by Anna University for MBA Admission, Apply till 22 February 2023.
- IIT Delhi MBA admission 2023 now extended the last date to apply is 05 February 2023. Check here.
- Delhi University, FMS has opened an online portal for MBA Admission 2023. Students can register themselves till January 29, 2023. Source
- Tezpur University MBA Admission 2023-25 is ongoing at online mode, Application will be submitted without any late fee till 28 February 2023. Apply Now
- Jaypee Business School, JIIT Noida has started MBA admission for session 2023, Apply till 15 February 2023. Apply here
- Jammu University has commenced the MBA IB/TTM course admission for session 2023-25, Apply till 31 January 2023. Check here
- XAT result 2023 will be out on 31 January 2023 at @www.xatonline.in.
- IBSAT entrance result has been declared for MBA 2023 admission. Check here.
- IMT Nagpur management program admission is open for 2023-25; apply now here.
- Hyderabad University admission for MBA 2023 is going on; the last date to apply is 15 January 2023. Check here.
- LPU is inviting applications for LPUNEST 2023 for admission to MBA courses; the last date to apply is 20 January 2023. Apply here.
- MDI Murshidabad MBA admission 2023 is open; apply before 11 February 2023. Click here to know more.
- BITS Pilani MBA Admission 2023 has begun; apply by 20 February 2023. Click here for more info.
Top MBA Admission colleges in India like DU, BHU, IMT Nagpur, IIT Delhi, LPU, Hyderabad University, and ICFAI, are accepting applications. Registration dates for entrance exams like CAT, MAT, XAT, and SNAP are taking place and entrance dates have also been announced which have been mentioned further.
Some subjects studied in MBA course are strategic management, operations management, supply chain management, and marketing management. India has top universities and colleges offering studies for the MBA program. The entries for MBA in many colleges are entrance based and these will begin in May or June of this year.
MBA Eligibility Criteria
Candidate selection for the MBA program is based on the following merit criteria as well as entrance eligibility criteria based on entrance exam results.
- The first requirement for MBA admission is to have a bachelor’s degree that must be BBA, BCom, or BBM.
- Students must get these degrees with an overall score of 40-45%.
- It is also mandatory for candidates to qualify the entrance exams such as GMAT, XAT, MAT, CAT, etc.
MBA Fee Structure
Mostly the fee of the MBA program is higher compared to other master’s degree programs and it ranges from INR 20,000 to INR 40 Lakh.
MBA Admission Highlights
|MBA Full form||
Master of Business Administration
|Course Level||Post Graduate|
|MBA Duration||2 Years|
|MBA Admission Type||
|MBA Eligibility||MBA requires a bachelor’s degree from a recognized university with an aggregate of 45% (40% for SC/ST/PwD)|
|Master of Business Administration Average Fees||INR 20,000 to INR 40 lakh|
|Admission Process||Merit/ Entrance Exam|
|MBA Course Subjects||
|MBA Entrance Exams||
|Best MBA Colleges||
|Top MBA Specializations|
MBA Admission 2023
Admission for MBA 2023 has begun in top business schools. Admissions for the MBA program are made through entrance exams. All candidates will apply through online mode after having qualified for an entrance exam. Candidates can apply based on having a valid score on national exams such as CAT, MAT, or GMAT. The aspirants have also another option to appear in the University or state entrance exams such as MHT CET, XAT, or SNAP. Some institutions also offer admission to MBA based on graduation marks.
MBA Admission 2023 Important Dates
|Top MBA Colleges in India||Start Date||MBA Admission 2023 Last Date|
|IIM||12 January 2023||19 January 2023|
|FMS, Delhi||30 December 2022||29 January 2023|
|IIFT Delhi||30 September 2022||24 November 2022|
|Delhi University||17 November 2022||29 January 2023|
|GGSIPU||Soon Announced||31 May 2023|
|Banaras Hindu University||October 2022||03 January 2023|
|IGNOU||28 December 2022||10 February 2023|
|JNU||23 January 2023||15 March 2023|
|Jamia Millia Islamia||14 April 2023||12 May 2023|
|Jammu University||05 December 2022||31 January 2023|
List of MBA Specializations in India
Business graduates are offered a wide range of specializations to pursue their higher education and as a result, they are not confined to work in conventional business fields. Nowadays, An MBA course can be applicable to just about any discipline; corporate management, healthcare management, hospitality, information technology, and much more.
An MBA specialization could help the graduates to focus on their search for MBA programs and enhance their employment prospects in the area they’ve chosen. Some of the top specializations that the MBA programme offers are:
MBA Marketing Admission
One of the highly pursued MBA specializations is “Marketing”. The MBA Marketing program develops highly motivated employees for careers in marketing and sales. In order to pursue the MBA in Marketing, students have different modes to select like distance, online & regular.
There are top colleges for MBA marketing like IIM Indore, FMS, IIT Delhi & more. The curriculum provides participants with the analytical skills to spot global business opportunities as well as the ability to comprehend the interrelationships between the various marketing operations tasks. Top Companies recruiting grads of MBA Marketing are Zomato, Hindustan Unilever Limited, Mahindra, TCS & more. The average placement from a recognized B School will be INR 8 LPA to INR 15 LPA.
MBA HR Admission
The 2-year PG MBA HR Management course aims to provide students with the information and abilities needed to effectively use human power for the growth of organizations. Students in this curriculum gain preparation, organization, and management skills using research papers, assignments, and in-class exercises.
The MBA HR program’s goal is to develop HR specialists, managers, executives, generalists & more who are capable of handling crucial HR roles in government and corporate firms, organizations, and industries. Additionally, they research occupational literacy and organizational behavior to gather resources to grow the industries. The salary packages may vary depending upon the experience & designation, but on average about INR 12 LPA to 21 LPA earn by MBA HR grads.
MBA Operation Admission
Master of Business Administration or MBA in Operations is available for students or working professionals who want to make a career in the e-commerce, and logistics sectors. MBA Operations ensures that all the material used in production smoothly reaches the concerned organization. It also ensures that the goods or products required by the customers are also delivered in a smooth manner. Every organization like Mahindra, Amazon, Flipkart, and Zomato & more recruits grads of MBA Operations with an average salary package of INR 7 to INR 21 LPA.
MBA International Business Admission
MBA Finance Admission
MBA in Finance is a 2-year postgraduate-level program available at many institutes & colleges in India. The course curriculum is all about topics like Investment strategies, Mergers, acquisitions & more. CAT, MAT, XAT, and SNAP are the top MBA Finance entrance exams that are conducted at the National level. Apart from that, Students must have passed their graduation in a relevant field through a recognized university or institute. The average salary after MBA in Finance graduates course is INR 14.1 to INR 17.8 LPA in India.
MBA IT Admission
MBA IT is the most pursued PG specialization in India. The duration of this course is 2 to 4 years. In this course, the student learns about IT fundamentals and software development. After completion of this MBA IT course. Students can apply as Business Analyst, Digital Leader, Data Processing Managers, Systems Software executives, IT architects, & more. Top Institutes like IGNOU, GGSIPU, DY Patil University & more provide MBA IT admission.
- MBA General Management: By being realistically focused, the MBA General Management actively equips you for handling various types of management duties. People with little or no past expertise, as well as those with degrees and professional expertise in engineering, the liberal arts, or other non-business-related fields, should enroll in this program. As a result, technological executives acquire excellent business skills for managing a corporation. Training learners and experts in handling the fundamental activities of any firm is the goal of an MBA in General Management. For instance, you study how to do a comprehensive study of the data and gain perspective on a corporation’s finances and accountancy strategy.
- MBA Banking & Finance: A two-year postgraduate programme called the MBA (Banking & Finance) is thorough and all-encompassing in character and designed to meet the needs of the sector. A revolutionary transformation in the Indian financial sector necessitates the hiring of educated personnel. Analyzing financial statements and comprehending financial forecasts are skills that may be learned while studying for an MBA in Finance or Banking.
The program’s goal is to help students comprehend the nuances of this industry’s fierce competitiveness and heavy reliance on technology. The curriculum creates a capacity to assess, evaluate, strategize, and apply interpersonal and intercultural teamwork skills in the banking and financial industry.
BHU MBA Admission 2023
BHU or Banaras Hindu University offers MBA and MBA in International Business courses. The eligibility to apply for this program is a graduate degree or a master’s degree. The admission is done on the basis of CAT score. The successful applicants are called for GD and Personal Interviews. The fee structure for the MBA at BHU is INR 99,314. For session 2023, the last date to apply for the course was 3 January 2023.
IGNOU MBA Admission 2023
IGNOU MBA admission has started for January 2023 session. The last date for IGNOU MBA Admission 2023 is 10 February 2023. Admission to the management degree program of MBA will open online. Candidates shall create an opportunity for admission to a two-year AICTE-approved MBA degree program after passing a bachelor’s degree with a 50% score. But, the complete program fee for IGNOU MBA is INR 37,800.
DTU MBA Admission 2023
Delhi Technological University offers mba admission in various programs every year. It is very famous for its courses and the placements are among the best. DTU provides MBA in Business Analytics, MBA in Family Business & Entrepreneurship, MBA in Innovation, Entrepreneurship, and Venture Development. It also offers a 2-year Executive MBA.
Admission to the course is based on the merit list. The merit list is prepared using different criteria, like graduation marks, interviews, case studies, etc. All these are given some weightage. The fee structure ranges from INR 2 LPA to INR 2.5 LPA.
Delhi University MBA Admission 2023
Delhi University offers MBA online course admission. Admission is based on the scores scored in the CAT exam and marks in the 10+2, in order to take admission students need to first fill out the application form available on the university website and the application fee for the general category students is INR 2,000.
Before applying for admission the student must have a bachelor’s degree with them with a minimum of 50% of marks and relaxation in eligibility criteria would be given for the reserved category students as per the university norms declared by them. Those students who are in their final year of graduation are also eligible to apply.
MBA Entrance Exam 2023
Entrance exams are a way to get into premier business schools for MBA. There are different entrances conducted by different business schools. The eligibility to apply for these entrance tests is graduation with a minimum of 50% marks. The top MBA entrance exams are CAT, XAT, NMAT, MAT, IIFT, SNAP, IBSAT, etc. Registration for these entrance exams is going on for the 2023 MBA admission.
MBA Entrance Exam 2023 Important Dates
The last date to apply for MBA entrance exams 2023 is given below:
|MBA Entrance Exam||Entrance Exam Date (Tentative)||Last Date to apply (Tentative)|
|CAT||25 November 2023||15 September 2023|
|IIFT||1 December 2023||10 November 2023|
|XAT||8 January 2023||11 December 2022|
|SNAP||12 December 2023||18 November 2023|
|IBSAT||25 December 2023||2 December 2023|
|NMAT||16 December 2023||12 October 2023|
|CMAT||26 February 2023||15 January 2023|
|MAT||14 December 2023||25 November 2023|
|TANCET||May 2023||April 2023|
|PESSAT||July 2023||July 2023|
CAT (Common Entrance Test) is conducted for MBA 2023 admission to get into top colleges. CAT 2023 will be conducted on 26 November 2023. It will be held online mode. To appear for this entrance, students should be graduated and register for the exam to get the admit card. The admit card contains all the details like the Roll number, exam centre, exam date, etc.
CAT Entrance Exam Pattern 2023
CAT entrance exam consists of 3 sections namely, Quantitative Aptitude, Verbal Ability & Reading Comprehension (VARC), and Data Interpretation & Logical Reasoning (DILR). Each section is to be attempted in 40 minutes. There are a total of 66 questions.
|CAT Exam Section||Time||No. of Questions|
|Quantitative Aptitude||40 Minutes||22|
|Verbal Ability & Reading Comprehension (VARC)||40 Minutes||24|
|Data Interpretation & Logical Reasoning (DILR)||40 Minutes||20|
GMAT 2023 will be conducted for MBA admission by Graduate Management Admission Council. It has declared that GMAT will be held online mode. Candidates can apply online and schedule their test at any time suitable for them. The exam is conducted throughout the year where a candidate can appear 5 times a year. To take the exam, one must be graduated.
GMAT Entrance Exam Pattern 2023
GMAT entrance includes 4 sections with a total of 80 questions. The total time to attempt all the sections is 3 hours 7 minutes. The detailed exam pattern for GMAT is:
|GMAT Exam Section||Time||No. of Questions|
|Writing Assessment||30 Minutes||1|
|Verbal Reasoning||1 Hour 5 Minutes||36|
|Integrated Reasoning||30 Minutes||12|
|Quantitative Ability||1 Hour 2 Minutes||31|
Top B-School Colleges Accepting GMAT Score
The score of GMAT is accepted internationally. In India, these are the top colleges that accept GMAT scores for admission to the MBA course:
|GMAT accepting Institute||GMAT cut-off (approx)|
|KJ Somaiya Institute of Management||630|
MBA Admission: Top B Schools in India & Fee
MBA course has more value when pursued by premier business schools. The placement packages of these institutes are in lakhs and crores. These top B-schools with entrance exams, fees, and average placement packages are:
|Top B School||Entrance Accepted||Fee Approx||
Average Placement Package
|IIMs||CAT||14-24 Lakhs||25.6 LPA|
|XLRI||XAT, GMAT||24 Lakhs||20 LPA|
|IIT Delhi||CAT||10 Lakhs||21 LPA|
|NMIMS||NMAT||21 Lakhs||23.5 LPA|
|FMS Delhi||CAT||2 Lakhs||32 LPA|
|SIBM||SNAP||15-23 Lakhs||24 LPA|
|IIFT||IIFT||21 Lakhs||25.4 LPA|
|Fore School of Management||CAT, XAT||17 Lakhs||14.5 LPA|
|MDI Gurugram||CAT, GMAT||21 Lakhs||27 LPA|
|ICFAI B Schools||IBSAT||9-16 Lakhs||15 LPA|
MBA Admission 2023 Without Entrance Exam
Admission into 2 years MBA course is generally offered based on several national-level management exams like CAT, XAT, MAT & more. But, there are colleges that offer direct MBA admission without an entrance test. Institutes like Chandigarh University and Manipal University provide a chance for direct MBA admission. Students need to have completed a graduation degree with 45% marks in order to apply.
MBA Colleges Accepting CAT 2023
Not only IIMs (Indian Institutes of Management), there are many other top business management schools accepting CAT scores. The usual CAT score remains above the 90 percentile. The fee structure of these colleges is high but the return on investment is also a major factor that motivates students to apply to these MBA colleges.
IIM Fees For MBA
|MBA College||MBA Fee (approx)||
Average Placement Package
|IIM Calcutta||25 Lakhs||34.5 LPA|
|IIM Lucknow||19 Lakhs||31 LPA|
|IIM Bangalore||24 Lakhs||34 LPA|
|IIM Ahmedabad||24 Lakhs||28 LPA|
|IIM Indore||17 Lakhs||25 LPA|
|IIM Kozhikode||20 Lakhs||30 LPA|
|IIM Shillong||18 Lakhs||23 LPA|
|IIM Raipur||15 Lakhs||18 LPA|
|IIM Udaipur||20 Lakhs||17.5 LPA|
Top IIT accepting CAT Score
|MBA College||MBA Fee (approx)||
Average Placement Package
|IIT Delhi||9.5 Lakhs||21 LPA|
|IIT Madras||11 Lakhs||17 LPA|
|IIT Mumbai||10 Lakhs||26 LPA|
|IIT Kharagpur||12 Lakhs||19 LPA|
MBA Admission Process 2023
MBA course is offered over a duration of 2 years in many specializations. It is a professional course that many students adopt after completing graduation. The admission process for MBA is as follows:
- Go to the official website of the concerned university.
- Register with a username and password.
- Login with the registered credentials.
- Click on apply now and fill out the application form with the right details.
- Upload the documents in the prescribed size and format.
- Click on the Submit Now button.
MBA Admission Process in IIM 2023
Some universities and institutes like the IIMs, and XLRI, conduct entrance exams like CAT, XAT, NMAT, IIFT, etc. The admission process in these top business institutes is:
- Firstly, students are required to register for the entrance test.
- Appear for the entrance exam.
- After the announcement of the entrance result or cut-off, choose the desired B-school for admission.
- Apply to that particular business school.
- Appear for GD (Group Discussion) and PI (Personal Interview).
- If successfully cleared GD & PI, secure an MBA seat and pay the fee.
MBA Distance Education
MBA program is also offered in distance learning mode. The duration can be 2 years and also extend to 4 years if anyone is not able to give exams or faces backlogs. It offers the same specialisations as that of the regular program. The fee structure is lower which ranges between INR 15,000 to INR 70,000. After completing it, candidates can apply for same jobs like business analyst, marketing manager, HR manager, etc. The candidates can also go for PhD.
Why Study MBA?
Taking MBA as a career option can lead you to get many benefits. This degree is helpful to students in many ways and some are described as:
- Learning this course provides students with a great knowledge of the market needs and imparts important managerial skills to them. Students after acquiring such skills can better manage or administrate a firm or company.
- The career of individuals with an MBA degree is bright they can be appointed to national or multinational management firms in top managerial positions.
- Such graduates in the professional field earn a good amount of salary. They can get a salary of INR 7 LPA at the initial level and INR 2000000 at the top positions.
- Students learning this course get an opportunity to be interacted with other students and get more exposure to the field.
MBA Career Aspects & Scope
The chosen specialization of the student will have a considerable impact on MBA Employment. However, students from any field are welcome to apply for any available post. The majority of MBA graduates find employment through university placements. The graduates favor employment in management. The college may have a different placement standard. (Indian Institute of Management) IIMs provide placement opportunities that, on average, pay between 20 and 25 lakhs INR.
Following completion of the MBA programme, students can apply for the following positions. In addition, students can start their own firm by putting the methods into practice and succeed in a variety of professional paths, including:-
- Marketing Manager
- Brand Manager
- Digital Marketing Manager
- Sales Manager
- Account Manager
- HR Manager
- Project Manager, etc.
Top Universities Offering MBA Admission
- Maharaja Sayajirao University of Baroda
- OPJS University
- Jamia Millia Islamia
- Aligarh Muslim University
- Chhatrapati Shahu ji Maharaj University
- Tamil Nadu Open University
- Christ University
- Pondicherry University
- Indira Gandhi National Open University
- Madras University
- Annamalai University
- Banaras Hindu University
- Dr BR Ambedkar Open University
- University of Lucknow
- Devi Ahilya Vishwavidyalaya
- Maharshi Dayanand University
- UP Rajarshi Tandon Open University
- University of Kashmir
- Central University of Kerala
- Savitribai Phule Pune University
- Central University of Haryana
- Yashwantrao Chavan Maharashtra Open University
- Kurukshetra University
- Sam Higginbottom Institute of Agriculture Technology and Science
- Central University of Jharkhand
- Vardhman Mahaveer Open University
- Karnataka State Open University
- University of Mumbai
- Maulana Azad National Urdu University
- Utkal University
|Other Courses Admission|
|Diploma Admission||PhD Admission|
|BCA Admission||MCA Admission|
|BSc Admission||MSW Admission|
|BTech Admission||PG Diploma Admission|
|BCom Admission||MCom Admission|