MBA IT Admission 2022: Master of Business Administration in Information Technology is shortly written as MBA IT which is a widely offered as PG degree in duration of 2 years. It is a specialization of MBA in which students learn about the IT techniques to implement in the business for its better growth as per the demand of the modern market.
MBA in IT or Information Technology course is available for students who have completed their bachelor’s degree with 45% marks. The program is also offered to students in the distance, online mode. All students who apply are selected on the entrance exam and merit. Some top entrance exams for MBA IT are CAT, XAT, MAT, CMAT & more.
Students are taught about the concepts of telecommunication, project management, and information security to merge with various business strategies. This course is offered in many institutions in India involving the private and public sector colleges.
Eligibility Criteria for MBA IT Admission
The eligibility criteria for MBA IT admissions are given as:
- A bachelor’s degree is mandatory to obtain from a recognized university so to become eligible.
- Candidates with a BBA, BBA (IT), BSc (IT), or any comparable degree would be favoured.
- The marks of eligibility are 50% that must have been obtained in the last exam of graduation.
MBA IT Fee Structure
MBA IT program is offered in most of the premier institutes of India where the tuition fee is charged up to a range of INR 12 to 15 LPA.
MBA IT Admission Highlights
|MBA IT Full form||Master of Business Administration in Information Technology|
|MBA IT Course Duration||Two Years|
|Eligibility Criteria||Bachelors degree|
|Average Fees||Rs 12 Lakhs to Rs 23 Lakhs|
|Admission Process||Merit or Entrance Exam|
|MBA IT Subjects||
|Top Universities/ Colleges||IIM Calcutta, XLRI and SPJIMR|
MBA IT Admission Form 2022
The MBA IT online, and offline registration shall usually commence in July/January session. However, An Information Technology-oriented MBA program application form also opens in other months. Application fees for MBA IT can be seen between INR 500-1500. MBA IT program application form fee is accepted in both modes: online/offline.
The admission process of the concerned course will remain online and merit plus entrance based. These applications can be made by students who are graduates in any of the relevant fields. Because MBA is a professional degree that’s why entrance exam is a necessary parameter in its admission. The concerned entrance exams with MBA IT are CAT, MAT, XAT, etc.
How To Apply For MBA IT Admission?
The MBA IT Admission process is evolved in modes such as online, or offline. Registration and application form submission are followed in the given manner.
MBA IT Online Admission Process
- Open online admission portal for MBA offered university.
- Find the admission link, and register your details.
- Create an account by entering your name, mobile number, and email id.
- Re-Log In to the MBA IT admission account.
- Complete dashboard sections that include personal, academic, communication, address, etc.
- Upload scanned documents (Jpg/PDF).
- A deposit fee of the MBA IT application form.
- The receipt should be downloaded against submission.
MBA IT Offline Admission Process
- Reach out to the MBA authorized university/college campus.
- Collect blank MBA IT application form and prospectus.
- Fill up the form with a blue, and black pen.
- Submit a filled MBA IT application form with copies of original documents at the authorized admission centre.
- A fee deposit will be needed after verification completes.
- Collect fee receipt as an assurance of submission.
Why Study MBA IT?
MBA IT is a professional degree program and taking this course as a career path will benefit the students in different ways. Some of the concerned advantages to study this course are:
- MBA IT is among most of the demanding study programs in India nowadays. This course helps out students to polish their technical skills and merge them with their managerial skills.
- Individuals after successfully completing the course can be hired for positions of IT Consultant, Business Analyst, Business Development Manager, Data Processing Manager, and so on.
- The salary packages of such experts are also higher and a person after being employed as a project manager can earn about INR 7 lacs per annum.
- This course is also helpful in all other sectors too.
MBA IT Career Aspects and Scope
The world is already heavily reliant on technology of all types, particularly information technology, and it is expected that this reliance will only increase. Due to this increasing reliance, there is a demand for people who have a deeper understanding of information technology from a business perspective. As a result, interest in the postgraduate MBA in Information Technology has increased recently. Since there is such a high clamour for professionals with this degree since they are specially trained to manage IT systems and people within the organization, several top MBA colleges in India provide this curriculum to aspirant students and top companies provide them employment.
Following your completion of the MBA in Information Technology program, you have the following top career options:
- Chief Information Officer: In order to adopt and administer information technology to achieve an organization’s goals, a chief information officer is accountable for comprehending those objectives. A corporation that heavily depends on IT might employ several chief information officers in order to achieve its objectives and expand. An MBA in Information Technology is the finest MBA degree to obtain for this role because such organisations hire employees with a foundation in IT and business administration.
- Computer Network Architect: Based on the needs of the business, computer network architects are entrusted with designing and building data communication networks. Depending on the demands of the business, they operate with LANs and WANs (wide area networks). To build the greatest data communication networks for the expansion of business, they must comprehend the objectives and ambitions of the organization. A large corporation may employ professionals with an MBA in information technology, and they may be in charge of a group of network architects.
- IT Business Relationship Manager: Business relationship managers (BRMs) are a crucial link between knowledgeable IT specialists and other organizational units. These experts help put into practice the technologies that can generate business strategies based on clients wants to increase company revenues. They have a great grasp of business strategy. IT business relationship managers supervise project management and is associated with a corporation’s economic goals and expenditures.
- Information Technology Manager: Managers of information technology, often known as IT managers, are responsible for overseeing computer and IT-related activities within an organisation. Their job description entails managing tech-related processes as well as data and website administration, cyber security, and online services. As managers, they frequently supervise a group of IT specialists and suggest software installation, upkeep, and modifications in accordance with organisational needs. For the work, they must possess problem-solving and collaborative abilities. Due to market expectations, several of India’s best MBA programmes place a strong emphasis on developing soft skills.
The starting salary varies depending on factors including experience, research interests, speciality, etc. In Indian industries, an MBA in information technology typically earns between INR 3 and 10 LPA. The type of industry one prefers to work in and the employment title is other variables that affect pay. The aspirant’s qualifications, expertise, and experience are crucial factors in the compensation offered by the organizations. Graduates with an MBA in information technology have a wide range of job options from which to pick.
|Other Courses Admission 2022|
|BLIS Admission||MSc Admission|
|MSc IT Admission||MSW Admission|
|BPharma Admission||MLIS Admission|
|BSc Admission||MBBS Admission|
|BSW Admission||MBA Admission|