MBA IT Admission: It is a course where candidates are specialized in IT security, IT project management, and telecommunication. This course will allow the students to get the skills that are essential in running IT systems. MBA IT which is widely offered as a PG degree for a duration of 2 years.
Students, after completing this course will get the opportunity to work as project managers. These candidates are usually recruited by IT companies such as IBM, Amazon, Google, etc.
- The Last date for online application for MBA (International Business) 2023-25 session in Delhi University is Mid night of 5 January 2023. Click Here
- SICSR MBA Admission is open for the academic session 2023. Students can register themselves. Click Here
The programme is also offered to students in the distance, online mode. All students who apply are selected on the entrance exam and merit. Some top entrance exams for MBA IT are CAT, XAT, MAT, CMAT & more.
Students are taught about various business strategies. This course is offered in many institutions in India involving private and public sector colleges.
Eligibility Criteria for MBA IT Admission
The eligibility criteria for MBA IT admissions are given as:
- All of the candidates who are willing to be admission to the MBA IT program will need to complete the UG degree at least.
- Candidates with a BBA, BBA (IT), BSc (IT), or any comparable degree would be favored.
- Candidates will be considered eligible for getting merit entry if they have more than a 50% score in the last examination.
- The entrance exams that are acceptable nationwide for MBA IT admissions are CAT or XAT.
MBA IT Entrance Exam
In India, normal eligibility requirements for MBA admission tests are two to three years of work experience after graduation or a minimum GPA of 50%. Candidates must appear in entrance exams such as the CAT, CMAT, MAT, XMAT, NMAT, and others for eligibility for MBA IT courses.
MBA IT Fees
MBA IT program is offered in most of the premier institutes of India where the tuition fee is charged up to a range of INR 1.5 to 5 Lakhs
MBA IT Admission Highlights
|MBA IT Full form||Master of Business Administration in Information Technology|
|MBA IT Course Duration||Two Years|
|Eligibility Criteria||Bachelors degree|
|Average Fees||INR 1.5 to 5 lakhs|
|Admission Process||Merit or Entrance Exam|
|MBA IT Subjects||
|Top Universities/ Colleges||IIM Calcutta, XLRI and SPJIMR|
Top MBA Specializations
MBA IT Admission Form
The MBA IT online, and offline registration will usually commence in July/January session. However, An Information Technology-oriented MBA program application form also opens in other months. Application fees for MBA IT Admission can be seen between INR 500-1500. MBA IT programme application form fee is accepted in both modes: online/offline.
The admissions process for the MBA IT programme will be done online. It will be based on both merit and an entrance exam. Students who have graduated in any of the relevant fields can fill out these applications. MBA is a professional degree, so taking an entrance exam is one of the requirements for getting in. CAT, MAT, XAT, and other tests are used to get into MBA IT programmes.
MBA IT Admission Eligibility
Candidates for MBA IT Admission must have graduated in any stream from an Indian university with at least 50% of the total marks. Many colleges and institutions have MBA IT programs, some of which provide direct admission; however, premier colleges need applicants to pass entrance exams like the CAT, XAT, and others. In prestigious universities, the typical entrance fee for an MBA in IT ranges from 10 to 23 lakhs.
MBA IT Colleges
Numerous colleges from all over India open their admission annually for MBA IT admission. Thoughts of students applying for admission in different colleges for this management program. Below is the list of some top colleges that offer MBA IT admission.
- S.P Jain Institute of Management and Research
- Department of Management Studies, IIT Delhi
- Kalinga Institute of Industrial Technology
- Department of Management Studies, IIT Roorkee
- LM Thapar School of Management
- Institute of Management Technology, Ghaziabad
IGNOU MBA IT Admission
Admissions at IGNOU occur twice a year, between January and July (academic year). Admission typically occurs twice a year, in January and July. The most reasonably priced MBA IT programs are offered in distance learning and online formats by IGNOU. IGNOU charges INR- 37,800 for its MBA IT program as a whole. There are a total of 21 courses in the IGNOU MBA program. There are the same amount of studies in each specialty. Each class costs INR- 1800. Therefore, the entire cost of any specialization is 21 x 1800, or INR 37,800.
How To Apply For MBA IT Admission?
The MBA IT Admission process is evolved in modes such as online, or offline. Registration and application form submission is followed in the given manner.
Online MBA IT Admission Process
- Open online admission portal for MBA offered university.
- Find the admission link, and register your details.
- Create an account by entering your name, mobile number, and email id.
- Re-Log Into the MBA IT admission account.
- Complete dashboard sections that include personal, academic, communication, address, etc.
- Upload scanned documents (Jpg/PDF).
- A deposit fee for the MBA IT Admission application form.
- The receipt should be downloaded against submission.
Offline MBA IT Admission Process
- Reach out to the MBA-authorized university/college campus.
- Collect blank MBA IT Admission application form and prospectus.
- Fill up the form with a blue, and black pen.
- Submit a filled MBA IT Admission application form with copies of original documents at the authorized admission centre.
- A fee deposit will be needed after verification completes.
- Collect fee receipts as an assurance of submission.
Why Study MBA IT?
MBA IT is a professional degree program and taking this course as a career path will benefit the students in different ways. Some of the concerned advantages to study this course are:
- MBA IT is among most of the demanding study programs in India nowadays. This course helps out students to polish their technical skills and merge them with their managerial skills.
- Individuals after successfully completing the course can be hired for positions of IT Consultant, Business Analyst, Business Development Manager, Data Processing Manager, and so on.
- The salary packages of such experts are also higher and a person after being employed as a project manager can earn about INR 7 lacs per annum.
- This course is also helpful in all other sectors too.
MBA IT Admission Syllabus
|Semester I||Management Concepts & Organizational Behaviour|
|Information System Management|
|E-Governance & Framework Of Ict|
|Software Project Management|
|Information Security Entrepreneurship Development|
|Semester II||Financial Management|
|Human Resource Management|
|Operations Research And Management|
|Research Methods For Management|
|Semester III||Erp-Advanced Business Application Programming|
|Semester IV||Corporate Social Responsibility, Human Values And Ethics|
MBA IT Career Aspects and Scope
The world is already heavily reliant on technology of all types, particularly information technology, and it is expected that this reliance will only increase. Due to this increasing reliance, there is a demand for people who have a deeper understanding of information technology from a business perspective. As a result, interest in the postgraduate MBA in Information Technology has increased recently.
Several top MBA colleges offer this curriculum to students, and most of them are employed by the country’s leading companies because they are specially trained to manage IT systems and people within organizations, so there is such a high demand for professionals with this degree.
Following your completion of the MBA in Information Technology program, you have the following top career options:
- Chief Information Officer: In order to adopt and administer information technology to achieve an organization’s goals, a chief information officer is accountable for comprehending those objectives. A corporation that heavily depends on IT might employ several chief information officers in order to achieve its objectives and expand. An MBA in Information Technology is the finest MBA degree to obtain for this role because such organizations hire employees with a foundation in IT and business administration.
- Computer Network Architect: Based on the needs of the business, computer network architects are entrusted with designing and building data communication networks. Depending on the demands of the business, they operate with LANs and WANs (wide area networks). To build the greatest data communication networks for the expansion of business, they must comprehend the objectives and ambitions of the organization. A large corporation may employ professionals with an MBA in information technology, and they may be in charge of a group of network architects.
- IT Business Relationship Manager: Business relationship managers (BRMs) are a crucial link between knowledgeable IT specialists and other organizational units. These experts help put into practice the technologies that can generate business strategies based on clients’ wants to increase company revenues. They have a great grasp of business strategy. IT business relationship managers supervise project management and are associated with a corporation’s economic goals and expenditures.
- Information Technology Manager: Managers of information technology, often known as IT managers, are responsible for overseeing computer and IT-related activities within an organisation. Their job description entails managing tech-related processes as well as data and website administration, cyber security, and online services. As managers, they frequently supervise a group of IT specialists and suggest software installation, upkeep, and modifications in accordance with organizational needs. For the work, they must possess problem-solving and collaborative abilities. Due to market expectations, several of India’s best MBA programmes place a strong emphasis on developing soft skills.
- IT Management Consultant: After receiving an MBA in IT, candidates might apply for roles as IT management consultants. The responsibilities of management consultants include supporting businesses with problem-solving, improving operational effectiveness, producing value, and optimizing growth. They identify solutions to business problems and make suggestions for improvements. In India, the average annual salary of an IT management consultant is around INR. 8 lakhs.
The starting salary varies depending on factors including experience, research interests, specialty, etc. In Indian industries, an MBA in information technology typically earns between INR 3 LPA and INR 10 LPA. The type of industry one prefers to work in and the employment title is other variables that affect pay.
For the organization to determine the compensation offered to an aspirant, the qualifications, expertise, and experience of the aspirant are key factors. MBA graduates with an information technology degree have several job options after graduation.
Top Placement Area After MBA IT
After completing MBA IT, There are many top IT companies that are hiring MBA IT degree holders. Some of the top companies are listed below:-
- Tata Consultancy Services (TCS)
Other Best MBA Specializations
Other Courses Admission
|BLIS Admission||MSc Admission|
|MSc IT Admission||MSW Admission|
|BPharma Admission||MLIS Admission|
|BSc Admission||MBBS Admission|
|BSW Admission||MBA Admission|