MBBS Admission 2023: MBBS stands for Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery. It is a five-year six-month undergraduate medical degree program. The course covers both surgical procedures and the recommendation of medications following a disease diagnosis. Admission to the MBBS program is determined by the NEET exam. Admissions for the MBBS program are now open.
MBBS Admission Trending Updates
- 3rd Round of seat allotment list 2023 for MBBS course admission has released. Check here
OJEE MBBS Merit List 2023 has released on the official site, Students can visit to check. Click here
- Sri Ramachandra Medical College and Research Institute is accepting MBBS Admission form till 18 September 2023 for 3rd Round. Source
- Allotment list for the 2nd round of NEET UG counseling in Rajasthan released. Check here
- Bihar NEET UG Counseling 2023: Round 2 schedule released at bceceboard.bihar.gov.in. Check here
- Pt. B.D Sharma University of Health Science has started the admission for the MBBS program, last date to apply was 21 August 2023. Source
- NEET (UG) results is now released for MBBS Admission 2023, Students can check here.
- The government of Tamil Nadu releases MBBS Application Form at @www.tnhealth.tn.gov.in. The extended Last to apply was 12 July 2023. Source
- National Medical Commission has published the Graduate Medical Education Regulation (GMER) 2023 for MBBS Admission. Check here
CMC Vellore, St. John’s Medical College, Madras Medical College, PGIMER, AIIMS, Vardhman Mahavir Medical College, etc., are the best medical colleges in India to pursue MBBS. Graduates of the MBBS program can work as doctors, general surgeons, medical officers, professors, and chief medical officers, among many other professions. Graduates can find employment in public hospitals, private hospitals, private practices, in-house doctors in educational institutions, etc.
On July 27, the National Medical Commission (NMC) inspected the government-run Lady Hardinge Medical College, which had been pending inspection for 15 years. It admitted 213 students to the first phase of MBBS admissions.
NEET is one of the well-known national Entrance Exam which is conducted for MBBS Admission 2023 by Medical Colleges in India. NEET 2023 Entrance Exam was held on 07 May 2023 by NTA (National Testing Agency). Students must have to 17 years old for MBBS Admission 2023.
Those applicants have to pass out their 10+2 (Biology, Physics, and Chemistry) with 50 percent marks in the recognized board examination and to MBBS course admission. The applicants must pass the NEET in order to be admitted to the MBBS program. Upon passing the NEET, applicants must attend counselling. After counselling, applicants will be assigned a seat based on their NEET score, rank, and available seats.
Note: National Medical Commission, NMC has released the guidelines for Universities to organise the MBBS admission before August 30th.
MBBS Admission Highlights
|MBBS Full form||Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery|
|MBBS Course Duration||5 Years 6 Months|
|Eligibility Criteria||Passed 12th with Physics, Chemistry Biology from a recognized institute|
|Average Fees||INR 60,000 to 10.20 Lakh|
|Admission Criteria||Merit or Entrance Exam|
|MBBS Subjects||General Medicine|
|Obstetrics and Gynecology|
|Entrance Exams||NEET (National Eligibility cum Entrance Test)|
|AIIMS-MBBS (All India Institute of Medical Science)|
|JIPMER (Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education and Research)|
|Top University/ Colleges for MBBS||AIIMS, Delhi|
|Maulana Azad Medical College, Delhi|
|University College of Medical Sciences, Delhi|
|MBBS Course Specializations||Orthopedics|
|Obstetrics and Gynaecology|
Why Study MBBS?
Here are some advantages of doing an MBBS course:
- MBBA is a UG-level course that directly belongs to the doctoral field. For those aspirants who want to make their career in the doctoral field, MBBS is a well good option.
- Doing MBBS is the dream for all students having a medical background and this is because of the fact this course is so much advantageous once an individual with this degree enters the professional field.
- After taking an MBBS degree their chances for graduates to go to foreign countries for becoming successful doctors.
- Having a degree in this field will get you the start you need and will prepare you to be a part of a team where you will be working with some of the best minds in the industry.
- As many doctors and medical staff members have confessed, the interactions they have with patients and families have profoundly affected their lives and even changed their view of their profession or life priorities as a result of those interactions.
- Individuals can become general physicians once they acquire this degree and earn a good salary package. The average salary a physician can earn yearly is about INR 5 to 12 LPA.
MBBS Admission 2023-24
There are 600+ medical colleges and 15+ AIIMS colleges offer MBBS Admissions. NTA (National Testing Agency) conducts the NEET exam once time in a year. MBBS NEET UG will be conducted in different languages such as English, Hindi, Assamese, Bengali, Gujarati and so on for Admissions. In 2,000 seats of AIIMS Institutions and JIPMER 250 seat selection will be based on NEET UG.
The responsible universities, and Institutions such as Sharda University, Hamdard Institute of Medical Science, Delhi University, and others, can start admission anytime. Candidates are requested to remain ready with academic and professional documents in place to fill in and submit applications quickly, and comfortably.
The five and a half years MBBS program admission is offered to candidates who manage to perform decently in both entrance and qualifying examinations. The minimum age to apply for MBBS full-time degree program is 17 years.
MBBS admission process opens and is complete with the aid of numerous factors that we shall learn in the following section.
- Candidates need to pass 10+2 or 12th with at least 50 percent marks in the science stream.
- National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET) is used commonly to shortlist candidates.
- NEET application form fee for General/OBC, OBC-NCL, and ST/SC candidates is INR 1,600, 1,500, and 900 rupees respectively.
- Pre-admitted or shortlisted individuals are eligible for document verification, personal interview, and group discussion sessions.
- The final call on the selection of candidates for the MBBS program will be made after verification, and interview sessions are completed.
MBBS Admission 2023 Important Dates
|State-Wise||Admission Start Date||Admission Last date|
|Delhi MBBS Admission||25 October 2023*||30 November 2023*|
|UP MBBS Admission||25 July 2023*||31 August 2023*|
|Haryana MBBS Admission||15 August 2023*||30 September 2023*|
|Bihar MBBS Admission||20 October 2023*||30 November 2023*|
|Gujarat MBBS Admission||15 July 2023*||25 August 2023*|
|Jharkhand MBBS Admission||12 August 2023*||30 September 2023*|
|Rajasthan MBBS Admission||10 October 2023*||25 November 2023*|
|Kerala MBBS Admission||12 July 2023*||20 August 2023*|
|Punjab MBBS Admission||20 August 2023*||29 September 2023*|
|West Bengal MBBS Admission||08 August 2023*||29 November 2023*|
Note: All the dates are tentative, please go through the official website.
Eligibility Criteria for MBBS Admission 2023
The eligibility requirements to enroll in an MBBS program in India are established by the National Medical Commission (NMC). For MBBS admission, only applicants who meet the admission criteria are considered. MBBS admissions can be cancelled at any time if a candidate fails to meet the requirements or is ineligible. Below are the eligibility requirements for MBBS admission.
- Candidates seeking admission to MBBS programs in India must have completed their Class 12th with a Physics, Chemistry, and Biology of minimum 50% marks for the general category and 40% for the backward category.
- Candidates must be 17 years old on or before the 31st of December of the year of admission.
- Students must be Indian nationals for admission through the All India Entrance Exam (NEET).
Top NMS MBBS Colleges in India: NIRF Ranking 2023
|Rank||MBBS Colleges Name||City||State|
|1||All India Institute of Medical Sciences, Delhi||New Delhi||Delhi|
|2||Post Graduate Institute of Medical Education and Research||Chandigarh||Chandigarh|
|3||Christian Medical College||Vellore||Tamil Nadu|
|4||National Institute of Mental Health & Neuro Sciences||Bangalore||Karnataka|
|5||Jawaharlal Institute of Post-Graduate Medical Education & Research||Puducherry||Pondicherry|
|6||Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham||Coimbatore||Tamil Nadu|
|7||Sanjay Gandhi Postgraduate Institute of Medical Sciences||Lucknow||
|8||Banaras Hindu University||Varanasi||
|9||Kasturba Medical College, Manipal||Manipal||Karnataka|
|10||Sree Chitra Tirunal Institute for Medical Sciences and Technology||Thiruvananthapuram||Kerala|
|11||Madras Medical College & Government General Hospital||Chennai||Tamil Nadu|
|12||King George`s Medical University||Lucknow||
|13||All India Institute of Medical Sciences Jodhpur||Jodhpur||Rajasthan|
|14||Vardhman Mahavir Medical College & Safdarjung Hospital||New Delhi||Delhi|
|15||Dr. D. Y. Patil Vidyapeeth||Pune||Maharashtra|
|16||Siksha `O` Anusandhan||Bhubaneswar||Odisha|
|17||All India Institute of Medical Sciences Bhubaneswar||Khordha||Odisha|
|18||Saveetha Institute of Medical and Technical Sciences||Chennai||Tamil Nadu|
|19||St. John’s Medical College||Bengaluru||Karnataka|
|20||S.R.M. Institute of Science and Technology||Chennai||Tamil Nadu|
Maulana Azad Medical College MBBS Admission
This bachelor’s degree programme is offered by the Maulana Azad Medical College affiliated with Delhi University. In order to get enrolled candidate must clear the NEET entrance exam. MBBS course belongs to the most reputed Degree. During the learning, the period candidate will get skills and knowledge about General Medicine, General Surgery, Pediatrics, and others.
DU MBBS Admission 2023
The Delhi University Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS) entrance exam is done under the National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET) which is conducted by the (NTA) National Test Agency. DU MBBS Entrance Exam 2023 will be held on 07 May 2023.
The Delhi University MBBS admission process for the upcoming academic year 2023. 16 April 2023 was last date of DU MBBS Admission 2023-24. The registration/admission procedure will be done online mode.
Learners can visit at DU FMCS website at www.fmsc.ac.in. Reach out to the official website, fill out the application form with the required details, and submit the application with mandatory documents including payment. The DU MBBS application form fee is INR 1700, 1600 for EWS categories and 900 for other reserved categories payment will be made via online net baking, and credit/debit cards.
UP MBBS Admission 2023
National-level entrance exams called NEET are required for admission to medical colleges in Uttar Pradesh. This exam is required for candidates to be eligible to get admission based on the rank they secure. In the state, no other examination is conducted for medical course admission.
Various universities and colleges in UP accept admission to MBBS courses every year based on NEET scores. Some of the top institutions are BHU, GSVM, KGMU, etc.
Government Universities Accepting UP NEET MBBS 2023
- King George. Medical University, Lucknow
- SN Medical College, Agra
- GSVM Medical Colleg, Kanpur
- MLN Medical College, Prayagraj
- LLRM Medical College, Meerut
- MLB Medical College, Jhansi
- BRD Medical College Gorakhpur
- UP Rural Institute of Medical Sciences & Research, Saifai, Etawah
- Government Medical College, Azamgarh
How to Apply for MBBS Admission 2023?
The NEET exam scores are used to determine MBBS admissions. MBBS applicants are required to complete the following steps:
- The registration process has to be completed online by logging in to the official website and entering a valid email address, phone number, and birth date.
- Please upload all the necessary documents once the registration process is complete.
- Pay the registration fees.
- A confirmation page will appear after you successfully pay the application fees. Print this page for future reference.
- All eligible students will receive their admit cards a few days before the exam. The admit card can be downloaded from the portal by candidates.
- A date will be given on the admit card for the NEET examination.
- Counseling will be scheduled based on NEET scores.
MBBS Entrance Exam 2023
In India, Admission into MBBS courses is offered to students based on the entrance exam score. Every year, Large authorities and Universities conduct MBBS admission tests for eligible students. Some Top MBBS Entrance Exam 2023 are NEET UG, UP NEET, AIIMS MBBS, JIPMER & more.
Note: There will be a National Eligibility Cap Entrance Test in 2023, conducted by the National Testing Agency (NTA), for all medical, dental, AYUSH, and nursing courses offered in the country. It is scheduled for the 7 May 2023 NEET UG 2023 exam.
NEET UG 2023
NEET stands for National Eligibility-cum-Entrance Test, which is a national-level medical exam. Every year, students who pass 12th in the science stream apply for the computer-based exam. NEET exam 2023, NTA will be conducted soon in 13+ languages. This entrance exam score is accepted for MBBS admission & more.
NEET UG 2023 Important Dates
|NEET UG 2023 Registration Start Date||
06 March 2023
|NEET UG 2023 Registration Last date||
16 April 2023
|NEET Admit Card Release Date||04 May 2023|
|NEET UG 2023 Exam Date||07 May 2023|
|NEET UG Answer Key 2023||05 June 2023|
|NEET UG 2023 Result||13 June 2023|
|NEET UG 2023 Counselling Registration||August 2023|
NEET UG 2023 Application Form
The NEET UG application form window for the MBBS admission program is open. The application fee for general category candidates is INR 1,600, and EWS/OBC-NCL category aspirants can deposit a fee of INR 1,500. However, the SC/ST/Third Gender can complete registration by paying a fee of INR 900. Foreign national aspirants shall conclude the registration process by paying a fee of INR 8,500.
NEET UG Application Process
- MBBS NEET UG application form can be filled in the two sections mentioned below.
- Visit NEET NTA Portal.
- Find the Registration button.
- Enter a valid email and mobile number for registration.
- Note down the system-generated application number.
- Use the application form and password to log in to your account.
- Complete the application form including personal, and educational details.
- Upload images and documents.
- Deposit fee.
- A reference or enrollment number shall be shared with registered candidates.
MBBS Admission Without NEET
There are many universities in India that offer MBBS program. Admission to this program depends on the score on the NEET exam. Apart from it, many students do not score well on the NEET exam. So they search for such colleges and universities that do not require NEET scores for admission to MBBS. Various private universities offer admission to such students without NEET scores.
MBBS Admission 2023 in Delhi
Admissions to the MBBS program in Delhi will begin in October. The Directorate General of Health Services (DGHS) conducts MBBS admissions on behalf of the Medical Counseling Committee (MCC). There are 660 MBBS seats and 50 BDS seats available in Delhi for MBBS admission. For MBBS admission in Delhi, medical aspirants must meet the NEET cut-off, which will be announced by NTA.
National Testing Agency (NTA) administers the NEET, which determines MBBS admissions in Delhi. There will be a release of the NEET results in June. A quota of 15% of MBBS seats belongs to the All India Quota (AIQ), while 85% belong to the state quotas. Application forms for DU MBBS/BDS will be released by the MCC.
MBBS Admission 2023: Top Specializations
The question of what to study after MBBS often poses a challenge to students who want to continue their education. By knowing at an early stage what the most suitable specializations are for graduates, they will be better prepared to make decisions in the future. Following the completion of the MBBS degree, students can choose from a number of specializations and the list is as follows:
- Pediatrics: The field of paediatrics focuses on researching children’s health. pediatrics treat children of all ages, from newborns to teenagers, for a variety of ailments. General paediatrics, pediatric cardiology, neonatology, and community paediatrics are the four subspecialties of paediatrics. It is possible to specialize in one of the aforementioned areas or pursue general paediatrics to treat all pediatrics patients.
- Cardiology: The study of the heart is referred to as cardiology. Dysfunctions of the heart and its cardiovascular system are addressed by this study. Cardiologists treat patients for a variety of heart-related ailments, including cardiac arrest, hypertension, cardiac disturbances, and coronary artery disease.
- Anaesthesiology: Anaesthesia is the technique for artificially reducing pain sensation. This is especially useful when doing infiltrative operations like surgeries. In assisting patients and minimizing discomfort during surgeries, anaesthesiologists are crucial.
- Psychiatry: The study of psychiatric sickness, emotional dysregulation, and aberrant behavioural patterns in people is known as psychiatry. The area of medicine called psychiatry focuses on diagnosing, treating, and preventing mental, behavioural, and emotional diseases. A medical professional who focuses on mental health is a psychiatrist. Psychiatrists and psychologists are not the same, despite the fact that their fields share many similarities. Psychiatrists receive medical training that enables them to administer treatments and carry out surgical operations. Psychologists mostly offer non-medical support and counseling.
- Gynaecology: A doctor who focuses on the health of female reproductive organs is called a gynaecologist. They identify and address problems with the female reproductive system. The uterus, fallopian tubes, ovaries, and breasts are included in this. Infertility, endometriosis, ovarian tumors, and pelvic inflammatory disease are just a few of the reproductive system illnesses that gynaecologists detect and treat. They might also provide treatment for those who have cervical, ovarian, or various reproductive malignancies.
- ENT: The ENT field stands for ear, nose, and throat. The relationship among these organs is the subject of this investigation. ENT doctors treat illnesses or infestations in these three body areas indicated.
MBBS Syllabus and Subjects
Depending on the university, the MBBS curriculum lasts 5.5 years and can be completed semester by semester or annually. The MBBS syllabus includes subjects such as Human Anatomy, Physiology, Human Anatomical Analysis such as the Brain, Cardiology, General Medicine, Orthopaedics, Radiology, and Basic Surgical Steps. To graduate from the MBBS program, students must pass these essential subjects.
Syllabus for Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery
The course covers a wide range of common diseases and health disorders, as well as surgical and restorative procedures for diagnosing and treating them. The MBBS admission curriculum is designed to focus a major emphasis on:
- Human Anatomy
- Human Physiology Including Bio-Physics
- Introduction to Humanities & Community Medicine
- Forensic Medicine including Toxicology
- Dermatology and Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Subject for Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery
In the 1st year of the MBBS program, students will study three subjects. The 2nd year of the MBBS program consists of 7 subjects while the third year includes 3 subjects. The final year of the MBBS study includes six of the remaining 19 MBBS subjects.
|MBBS 1st Year Subjects|
|2nd Year MBBS Subjects|
|Forensic Medicine and Toxicology||Clinical postings in Wards|
|3rd Year MBBS Subjects|
|Final Year MBBS Subjects|
|Psychiatry||Dermatology and Venereology|
|Orthopedics||Obstetrics and Gynecology|
MBBS Fees 2023: Government & Private Colleges
MBBS admission in India private college costs vary between private and public universities. In government universities, the fee of MBBS is lower than in private universities. Many universities offer MBBS seats via management and NRI quotas.
Management quota MBBS program fees vary by university. It generally costs approximately INR 13 lakhs to INR 50 lakhs. SRM Medical College and Hospital, Chennai, has the highest MBBS cost, while MG Institute of Medical Sciences, Sevagram Wardha, has the lowest. Listed below are the average MBBS tuition fees at some of India’s leading universities.
|College Name||Approx Fee (in Rs)|
|All India Institute of Medical Sciences, Delhi||4.79 Lakhs|
|Hamdard Institute of Medical Sciences and Research, Delhi||1.20 Lakhs|
|Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi||1.45 Lakhs|
|Dr. D.Y. Patil Medical College, Hospital and Research Centre, Pune||25 Lakhs|
|Dr. DY Patil Medical College, Mumbai||40 Lakhs|
|D Y Patil Medical College, Kolhapur||92.7 Lakhs|
|Jawaharlal Nehru Medical College, Datta Meghe, Wardha||20 Lakhs|
|Krishna Institute of Medical Sciences, Karad||21 Lakhs|
|MGM Medical College, Aurangabad||60 Lakhs|
|MGM Medical College, Navi Mumbai||60 Lakhs|
|Amrita Institute of Medical Sciences, Kochi||19 Lakhs|
|Bharati Vidyapeeth Deemed to be University Medical College and Hospital Sangli||20 Lakhs|
|Bharati Vidyapeeth University, Pune||20 Lakhs|
|Kasturba Medical College, Manipal Academy of Higher Education, Manipal,||44 Lakhs|
|GITAM Institute of Medical Sciences and Research, Visakhapatnam||1.40 Cr|
|Institute of Medical Sciences and SUM Hospital, Bhubaneswar||18 Lakhs|
|Rural Medical College and PIMS, Loni||16.25 Lakhs|
|Kalinga Institute of Medical Sciences, Bhubaneswar||18.50 Lakhs|
|Mahatma Gandhi Medical College and Research Institute, Puducherry||22 Lakhs|
|Sri Lakshmi Narayana Institute of Medical Sciences, Puducherry||22 Lakhs|
|Vinayaka Missions Medical College and Hospital, Karaikal||18 Lakhs|
|A.C.S. Medical College and Hospital, Chennai||23 Lakhs|
MBBS: Career Aspects & Scope
An MBBS degree, or Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery degree, is considered to be one of the most fulfilling and lucrative career paths. Upon graduation from the MBBS program, a medical student can perform procedures as a certified doctor.
In order to find jobs in the defence sector, you do not only have to be an engineer or have a degree- doctors are in high demand in defence services such as the army, navy, and air force as well. The Indian Defence Ministry recruits MBBS graduates to work in infantry units within their armed forces,
Following the completion of an MBBS degree, MBBS graduates have a variety of professional options that they can choose from. After earning an MBBS degree, there are two types of options that are available to you: career-wise and higher education-wise.
MBBS: Job Profiles
- Junior Doctor
- General Physician
- Military Doctor, etc.
- Medical Researcher
- Healthcare Informant
- Medical Officer
- Medical Writer
- Doctor of Medicine (MD)
- Master of Science (MS)
A general physician typically earns between Rs 4-5 lakh per year. The average annual salary for a surgical medical assistant is between Rs. 3 and Rs. 4 lakh. Readers should be aware that this is only a rough estimate and may change depending on the career, field of expertise, and recruitment, to mention a few. Additionally, there is no established upper limit on the compensation that is paid to doctors.
A medical profession or a livelihood following MBBS is regarded as one of the most honorable professions.
Hence, as a result, the scope and potential of a career after earning an MBBS degree are significantly greater than the importance of the salary provided as a result of an MBBS degree. In terms of societal structure, there is no parallel between the necessity of medical professionals in society and the esteem that they receive.
Top Universities For MBBS Admission 2023
Frequently Asked Questions(FAQs)?
Ques 1: What is a career scope after doing an MBBS course?
Ans. After completing the MBBS degree candidates become certified doctors and earn up to 25 LPA.
Ques 2: What are the Lowest fees for MBBS in India?
Ans. The Lowest fee for MBBS in India is in Government College AIIMS Delhi Academics Fee + Hostel Charge is INR 5,856.
Ques 3: What is the date of the NEET exam in 2023?
Ans. The date for the NEET exam 2023 is 07 May 2023 conducted by NTA.
Ques 4: Can I get admission to the MBBS management quota without appearing for NEET?
Ans: Even through management quota, you cannot get direct admission to MBBS. To apply for the management quota, you must have appeared for NEET and qualified.