MCom Admission 2023: Masters of Commerce is a Postgraduate study course designed to be taught for a duration of two years. MCom admission begins for the session 2023. This course is best suited for candidates who desire to build a bright future in the fields of economics, financial services, investment, banking, marketing, and accounting. It is among the top versatile PG programs taught in India and paves the way for employment in almost all sectors of the economy.
Trending Updates M.Com Admission 2023
- MGCGV registration has opened for MCom Admission, apply before 20 September 2023. Source
- Amity University MCom Admission has started at online portal, Students can apply till 20 September 2023.
- YCMOU Admission has started for the Masters of Commerce course, the last date to apply is 20 September 2023.
- MJPRU MCom Application form is now released at the official website. Apply till 25 August 2023 for admission. Source
IGNOU MCom Registration has started, Students can apply till 20 September 2023. Source
Delhi University Admission is open for Master of Commerce course, Apply till 10 August 2023.
- MCom Admission is ongoing at MANUU for session 2023 last date for registration is 20 September 2023. Source
- DU SOL MCom admission process has commenced, and the last date to apply is 30 September 2023.
MKU Admission forms are now released for MCom degree admission. The last date to apply was 20 September 2023. Source
- KKSHOU opens its MCom Admission for an upcoming session. The last date was 20 September 2023 for MCom Admission.
- Registration at MCU has started for the session 2023-24, Last date to apply is 20 September 2023 for MCom Admission 2023. Source
- Sidho Kanho Birsha University is accepting application forms for Master of Commerce Admission, Students can apply till 15 September 2023. Source
- CUET PG 2023 Entrance application is open for MCom Admission 2023. The last date to apply is 11 May 2023 at the NTA portal.
- Delhi University MCom admission 2023 is live till 11 May 2023 (based on CUET PG 2023).
Top MCom Colleges in Delhi are SRCC, Faculty of Commerce, Hansraj College, Hindu College & more. There are various modes of MCom courses available for students, regular, distance & online.
Eligibility: Those students who have BCom or any other relevant degree through the recognized University can easily apply for this course.
Fees: The average fee of the MCom course is INR 5000 to 1 lakh per year in India. Fees are also very university to university.
Duration: The MCom course duration is 2 to 4 years in India.
Admission Process: Mcom Admissions will be based on Merit score and Entrance exam.
Entrance Exam: CUET, CUCET, BHU PET, TS CPGET, PU CET, AMU Entrance exam, JMI Entrance exam etc are Top MCom Entrance Exams.
Top Colleges for MCom Admission 2023: IGNOU, Delhi University, Mumbai University, Calicut University, Pune University, Uttarakhand Open University, etc, are the top universities which are offering MCom courses.
Scope: Students can get jobs as Accounts Assistants, Accountants, Financial managers, Business analysts, Investment bankers, Financial analysts, etc.
MCom Admission 2023 Highlights
|MCom Full form||Masters of Commerce|
|M.Com Course Duration||Two Years|
|Admission Eligibility Criteria||50% aggregate in BCom or BCom (H) from a recognized university or college|
|Master Of Commerce Average Fee||
INR 5000 – 1 lakh per annum
|M.Com Admission Process||Merit or Entrance Exam|
|MCom Course Subjects||
|Best Universities for MCom|
MCom Admission 2023
Admission has extended at IGNOU for July Session 2023, students can apply for Mcom Admission till 20 September 2023. Application form can be submit on website before closing. The selection process will be done based on the merit score. Students can visit on official web portal for admission. Also, the DU SOL Mcom admission is ongoing till 30 September 2023. There are a number of universities that offer this master’s degree to students who have completed a BCom or equivalent degree.
MCom Application forms are now open at IGNOU, LPU, Delhi University, YCMOU, MJPRU, DU SOL and so on. MCom Admission 2023 last date is 20 September 2023 at YCMOU, Lovely Professional University and IGNOU. DU SOL MCom Admission last date is 30 September 2023 at @https://sol.du.ac.in.
For this year universities and institutions offering MCom Course admision based on merit and entrance exam. Various top universities have announced the date of admission for the MCom course at the official site. Top Universities in India like Delhi University, Mumbai University, and Lovely Professional University & more offers Master of Commerce or MCom courses in different modes like distance, part-time, and regular. The fee varies as per the university & college.
Eligibility Criteria for M.Com Admission 2023-24
Admission to the M.Com course is based on the candidate’s previous qualifications and students should meet the criteria:
- Those students who wish to apply for this MCom course must have their BCom with a 50% score or any other relevant degree through the recognized University or college.
- Apart from that, Some university conducts entrance exam (PU CET, CUET, BHU PET) for MCom admission 2023.
- There is no age limit for MCom Course.
M.Com Admissions Fee Structure
In India, the cost of M.Com studies or the MCom tuition fee is between the range of INR 5000 to INR 1.4 LPA.
MCom Admission 2023: Important Dates
|University Name||Start Date||Last Date|
|Annamalai University||11 May 2023||25 July 2023|
|Osmania University||12 May 2023||20 June 2023|
|MCU||26 April 2023||20 September 2023|
|Patna University||01 May 2023||15 June 2023|
|Lucknow University||28 March 2023||17 July 2023|
|Delhi University (DU)||31 July 2023||10 August 2023|
|Alagappa University||12 May 2023||12 June 2023|
|Periyar University||28 April 2023||15 June 2023|
|Jamia Millia Islamia
||12 March 2023||11 May 2023|
|IGNOU||15 May 2023||20 September 2023|
|DU SOL||01 July 2023||30 September 2023|
|KKSHOU||01 July 2023||31 August 2023|
|LPU||15 May 2023||10 September 2023|
|MKU||01 June 2023||30 September 2023|
Best Colleges for MCom Admission 2023-24 in Delhi
Interested students can apply to numerous colleges for MCom Admission. The best colleges’ names in Delhi are given below, which will help students choose their college.
- Shri Ram College Of Commerce
- Deshbandhu College, New Delh
- Hindu College, Delhi
- Ramjas College, Delhi
- Shaheed Bhagat Singh College, Delhi
Shri Ram College Of Commerce: This is one of the famous colleges in India, It is Located on the North campus of the university and is known for its towering cut-offs that are very distinctive. Certainly one of the best colleges for M.Com Admission in the country, it is one of the top commerce schools in the country. The college has a well-functioning placement cell and is regarded as a leading placement institution.
The campus is well-built with air-conditioned classrooms and a pleasant Atmosphere. In Order to help students become successful finance experts and entrepreneurs, the college provides high-quality education. Currently, there are about 40 active societies. According to NIRF Ranking 2022, Shri Ram College Of Commerce placed 12th among all colleges in India.
VNSGU M.Com Admission 2023
Veer Narmad South Gujarat University is a public university located in Surat. Aspirants looking for an MCom course in Gujarat can apply at VNSGU. To apply for MCom admission in VNSGU, candidates must pass the 12th grade with at least 60% marks from a recognized board in India. Besides this, candidates must pass the entrance exam before applying to VNSGU. To apply for admission, you must visit the official website of VNSGU.
IGNOU MCom Admission 2023
Registrations are now open for IGNOU MCom Admission 2023 for the July session till 20 September 2023. Those candidates who want a distance MCom Admission can apply before the last date of registration with the required documents and fees. To become eligible, students have to complete their BCom or equivalent degree via a discipline university and match other requirements of the MCom course.
Mumbai University M.Com Admission 2023
MCom Admission 2023 Mumbai University is ongoing for session 2023-24, The last date is 12 July 2023 for registration. Students will be able to apply for the MCom course at Mumbai University through the Online portal. It is among India’s oldest institutions and offers undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral degrees. Mumbai University’s M.Com Admission 2023 procedure runs quite well. The applicant must have graduated from an Indian university with at least a 55% average in B.Com, BBE, BBS, or an equivalent degree. Candidates may submit their applications offline or online for M.Com. The admission process at Mumbai University is merit-based.
M.Com Admission Open University
Admission for the M.Com program at Open University is now open. Pursue advanced knowledge in commerce and business disciplines, fostering expertise for diverse career paths. Offering flexible schedules, renowned faculty, and modern learning resources to accommodate your professional commitments. Take this opportunity to enhance your skills, expand your network, and unlock new career horizons.
Sol DU MCom Admission
Students are allowed to submit application forms till 30 September 2023 for Sol DU M.Com Admission 2023. For admission recognized university bachelor’s degree in the related background is a must with at least a 50 percent score. Through the online portal, students can submit the MCom course application form.
MCom Admission Form 2023
A form and prospectus for the program will be Available Online to Applicants as part of the MCOm Admission 2023 process for the program. In this admission process, both the merit of the student and the performance of the student in the entrance exam are considered. It is necessary for those who wish to become eligible for admission to clear some entrance examinations such as the PU CET, CUET, BHU PET, etc. in order to become eligible for admission.
MCom Admission 2023: How to Apply?
- A student needs to choose which university he or she wants to apply to for MCom admission.
- Read all the guidelines related to registration carefully.
- Click on the apply now button on the official university website.
- Select the MCom course and fill out the application form online.
- Submit all mentioned documents
- Pay the application online fees through debit card, credit card and net banking.
- After the application form submission, students have to download the confirmation slip.
Why I apply for MCom Admission 2023?
There are various financial benefits linked with the M.Com degree and this makes it valuable among the youth. Most of the students in India choose to study M.Com due to the reasons such as
- Students are provided with the chance to study the course among various specializations and in this way, various industries hire these postgraduates.
- In the future, there will be more job opportunities for the candidates as the investment sector and especially investment banking is rising rapidly in India and this will lead to the generation of more job opportunities.
- This course proves to be a stepping stone for students who want to acquire higher studies in research by doing a PhD.
- Individuals can acquire a safety net for their career by getting the job positions of CFA, CA, and CS. These jobs are the dream of every candidate in India for which doing M.Com is mandatory.
M.Com Entrance Exam 2023
MCom Admission 2023 is based on the marks scored in the entrance examination, there are some universities that conduct the entrance exams in online mode and some conduct in the college campus. In order to clear the college entrance exam student need to score a good ranking in the exam.
- Some of the major entrance exams are CUET, OUCET, and AUCET, AMU Entrance exam and marks scored in these exams will be given weightage during the time of admission to the college.
- DU conducts the Delhi University Entrance Test (DUET) for the MCom course Delhi University (DU) MCom DUET entrance registration last date is 11 May 2023 for the 2023 session.
- CUET (Common University Entrance Test) will be held between 05 June to 12 June 2023 by NTA. Each year Banaras Hindu University conducts the BHU PET entrance exam for MCom Admission which will close on 11 May 2023.
Top Specializations in MCom Admission 2023-24
The two-year curriculum of the M.Com program offers a variety of specializations by considering the choices of particular applicants. To ensure their specialty and demands, various programs have been developed that will undoubtedly lead to a prosperous career for applicants who have shown an interest in a specific field. The following are some of the most highly recognized M.Com specializations:
- MCom Computer Applications: Master of Commerce in Computer Applications is a two-year postgraduate program. It emphasizes the computer software which is built to assist the operator in carrying out a single or number of highly associated particular duties. Some examples of these duties are media players, graphics software, office suites, accounting software, enterprise software, etc. It provides academic understanding as well as hands-on experience with the world of computer applications. This area focuses primarily on the software made to make it simple for consumers to access applications.
- MCom Accounting: MCom in Accounting course includes providing financial reports, typically in the form of financial statements, to clients like investors and managers of any business organization is called the practice of Accountancy. M.Com in Accountancy is a 2-year (or more depending on the institution) postgraduate programme. In the field of commerce, the accountancy program is generally recognized as the most demanded subject that candidates use to build a career in the commerce field. Candidates with expertise in this subject are typically given the designation of accountant and have impeccable financial skills.
- MCom Finance: A postgraduate degree called the M.Com. in finance focuses primarily on the thorough approach to finance and related disciplines. Learners gain the necessary quantitative and data processing skills with the aid of an M.Com in finance. Students will learn a variety of financial abilities in this course while also developing their competency in a specific sector of business. Students can study general business, business management, marketing, human resources, accounting finance, etc. through the M.com in Finance curriculum. The ideal course for candidates who wish to pursue a career in finance and learn the fundamentals of the subject is an M.com in finance.
- MCom Taxation: M.com in Taxation is a two-year postgraduation program. Taxes are assessments made against a citizen’s assets or income in order to fund the government. Specialists with a Master of Commerce degree have a significant edge in the taxation industry. The Master of Commerce degree program in Taxation offers education in the theoretical and operational components of taxation as well as basic awareness of the main technological, theoretical, and research topics in tax and taxation.
After M.Com Career Aspects and Scope
Aspirants can work in the public and private sectors after completing the M.Com program. A person with an M.Com degree can look for employment opportunities in the public sector at several national banks, like Union Bank, State Bank of India, UCO Bank, Punjab National Bank, etc. Additionally, M.Com students have the option of applying for positions in the government sector.
Masters of commerce students are frequently hired by UPSC, which offers a competitive wage package. Today’s reputable businesses and organizations are searching for skilled and experienced marketers in order to increase profits in a more clever manner.
- Accounts Assistant
- Financial Manager
- Business Analyst
- Investment banker
- Financial Analyst
- Financial Controller, etc.
For those interested in a career, M Com offers many options. The majority of these candidates are employed by banks and financial institutions. Numerous chances are offered by Central Government firms, with entry-level basic salaries ranging from Rs 20,000 to Rs 30,000 per month. As a result of grade advancements at work, employees’ salaries have increased.
Additionally, there are several benefits to working for the government, such as gratuity funds and trip reimbursements. The candidate must succeed in a few government-conducted exams, like those given by the UPSC, SSC, State PSC, etc., in order to land a job with the government.
M.Com Admission 2023: Top Colleges in India
Numerous colleges in India offer admission every year for the Masters of Commerce program. Below is given a list that will help students to choose a better college.
- Loyola College, Chennai.
- University Business School, Chandigarh.
- Ramjas College, Delhi
- Shri Ram College of Commerce (SRCC), Delhi.
- Hansraj College, Delhi.
- Delhi School of Economics (DSE), Delhi.
- Hindu College, Delhi.
- Women’s Christian College, Chennai.
Top Universities For MCom Admission in India
- Maharaja Sayajirao University of Baroda
- OPJS University
- Jamia Millia Islamia
- Aligarh Muslim University
- Chhatrapati Shahu ji Maharaj University
- Tamil Nadu Open University
- Christ University
- Pondicherry University
- Indira Gandhi National Open University
- Madras University
- Annamalai University
- Banaras Hindu University
- Dr BR Ambedkar Open University
- University of Lucknow
- Devi Ahilya Vishwavidyalaya
- Maharshi Dayanand University
- UP Rajarshi Tandon Open University
- University of Kashmir
- Central University of Kerala
- Savitribai Phule Pune University
- Central University of Haryana
- Yashwantrao Chavan Maharashtra Open University
- Kurukshetra University
- Sam Higginbottom Institute of Agriculture Technology and Science
- Central University of Jharkhand
- Vardhman Mahaveer Open University
- Karnataka State Open University
- University of Mumbai
- Maulana Azad National Urdu University
- Utkal University
FAQs About MCom Course
Ques: How to apply for MCom?
Ans: Candidates who meet the minimum eligibility requirements can visit their select universities’ websites and read admission instructions that will help them understand the online or offline admission process for the MCom degree programs.
Ques: Can we get admission to MCom directly?
Ans: For admission to the Master of Commerce degree program, it is mandatory for aspirants to pass at least a bachelor’s or equivalent level degree from an accredited university or institution. So direct admission is only possible if the candidate meets the minimum criteria.
Ques: Can I do MBA after MCom?
Ans: Yes! You are eligible to apply for an MBA degree after completing the MCom from an authorized university; however, it is required that you secure a minimum of 50% in the qualifying degree.
Ques: What position suits MCom graduates the best?
Ans: After completing the MCom degree program, candidates can look to apply for some handsome job roles such as chief financial officer, tax consultant, operations manager, corporate secretary, and so on. The average salary package for the above-mentioned profiles is between INR 6.79 LPA and INR 9.61.
Ques: Is it required to pass the entrance examination for MCom admission?
Ans: There are many approved universities, such as Mumbai University, University of Calcutta, etc., that offer admission to MCom on the basis of qualifying examination merit.