MLIS Admission 2023: MLIS is an abbreviation for Masters of Library and Information Science, which lasts one year and is taught at the postgraduate level. The MLIS program is designed specifically for students who want to work as librarians. Students must have a comparable UG background to take this course.
- The University of Gour Banga Registration is open for MLIS course. The last date to apply is 15 September 2023. Source
- SKBU MLIS registration has started at the online portal, the last date to apply is 15 September 2023. Source
- Vidyasagar University has started its MLIS Registration at the basis of eligibility criteria. Students can apply till 15 September 2023. Source
- IGNOU July session Admission is live for MLIS course, Students can apply for MLIS Admission till 20 September 2023. Source
- UPRTOU MLIS Admission 2023 has started at the online portal, the last date to apply is 30 September 2023.
- Vidyasagar University MLIS Registration is open for session 2023-24, Apply till 15 September 2023 for offline admission. Source
- MSU Registration has started for MLIS Admission 2023, students can register till 30 September 2023. Source
- Arunachal University of Studies Admission is now open for its MLIS course, Apply till 31 August 2023. Source
- BNMU registration has started for the MLIS course at the online portal. The last date to apply is 22 August 2023. Source
- NEHU starts its MLIS Admission for new academic session, students can apply till 31 August 2023. Source
- Registration for MLIS course is now open at MKU, Apply till 31 August 2023. Source
- MLIS Registration has started at the Delhi University School of Open Learning. The last date to apply for DU SOL Admission is 30 September 2023.
- LPU Admission is open MLIS course at @lpu.in. The last date to apply is 30 September 2023 for MLIS Admission 2023.
- Bharathidasan University Admission is now closed for MLIS program enrollments. The last date of MLIS Admission 2023 was 31 July 2023.
- CUET PG 2023 Dates for the MLIS course announced to be from 5 June to 12 June 2023.
- TISS has commenced the MLIS admission for the 2023-24 academic year, candidates can fill out the registration form by the last date. Apply Now
- Aligarh Muslim University is offering MLIS admission for the next academic session. Students can apply before the last date. Source
- TNOU MLIS Admission is live for session 2023-24. Students can apply here before the last date.
Along with managing the library, this course also provides knowledge about computer applications, the basics of computers, statistical techniques, planning, and management. Admissions to the MLIS and other library courses are made on merit because these courses are offered in only a few Indian colleges. In the month of June or July, these admissions are conducted every year.
They assist library users with doing research and locating the data they require. In their capacity as instructors, they guide users through the evaluation of search references and outcomes.
Eligibility Criteria for MLIS Admission 2023
In most, the Universities admissions to MLIS degree program is based on merit and the merit criteria include the following conditions:
- For Mlis eligibility, Students have to clear their bachelor’s degree in library science stream or BLIS course.
- Students must have obtained a 50% score in the previous BLIS course.
- Some of University like DU conducts entrance exam for MLIS Admission.
- There are no age criteria for this library course.
MLIS Admission Fee Structure
There is the average fee for the MLIS degree program is INR 50,000 to 1.20 Lakh per year. Although, slight changes in the fee structure may occur.
MLIS Admission 2023 Highlights
|MLIS Full form||Masters of Library and Information Science|
|MLIS Course Duration||Two Years|
|Eligibility Criteria for MLIS Admission||BLIS with 50% aggregate from a recognized university or college|
|Master of Library & Information Science Average Fees||INR 50,000 to 1.20 Lakh|
|Admission Process||Merit or Entrance Exam|
|Top MLIS Universities||
MLIS Admission 2023
There are various universities such as LPU, AUS, Delhi University (SOL), MKU and so on that are offering this MLIS Admission 2023. The last date to apply is 31 August 2023 for MLIS Admission 2023.
The Master of Library and Information Science, or MLIS, advanced degree admission for the 2023 session is yet to commence in private, government-supported universities, colleges, and institutions nationwide. The one-year postgraduate degree program admission may start in a couple of days.
Candidates will get admission opportunities to the MLIS master’s degree program at Patliputra University, Jadavpur University, and numerous others. The admissions or application form will remain open for the MLIS program either online/offline.
In order to get admission opportunities to the Master of Library and Information Science program, candidates need to hold a bachelor’s degree. The registration or application form fee for the MLIS program is INR 250 to INR 1000 in approved universities in India. The admission to MLIS full-time course will tentatively close on 30 October 2023.
- Bachelor’s degree in Library and Information Science or equivalent.
- The minimum score should be 40-45 percent in the qualifying degree.
- Both entrance and qualifying examination scores are taken as a way to shortlist candidates.
- CUET, CET, BHU UET, and numerous other entrance examinations help in the process of offering admission.
- The final call on admission or confirmation of admission is made once documents and registration fees are received.
MLIS Admission 2023: Important Dates
|University Names||Start Date||End Date|
|IGNOU||14 April 2023||21 August 2023|
|Madras University||19 April 2023||30 June 2023|
|Delhi University||20 March 2023||31 July 2023|
|Lovely Profeshanl University||01 April 2023||20 August 2023|
|University of Gour Banga
||01 September 2023||15 September 2023|
|SKBU||31 August 2023||15 September 2023|
|DU SOL||14 June 2023||30 September 2023|
|UPRTOU||01 July 2023||30 September 2023|
MLIS Application Form 2023
MLIS application form for the academic and calendar year cycle is arranged online, and offline in various UGC-approved universities. The application fee for the master’s degree program in the library, and information science varies. However, it can be seen in IGNOU as INR 300.
MLIS application fees can be deposited in two modes that are online, and offline. The successful deposit of the fee allows applicants to complete the application form process before the scheduled last date. Candidates receive an acknowledgement number after the submission of the application form.
MLIS Admission Process 2023
MLIS admission procedure is followed online, and offline mode. The instructions are given below. The process is simple to apply for MLIS admission 2023. Candidates can enroll in MLIS program by following the instructions given below.
How to Apply for MLIS Admission Online?
- Visit the MLIS Online Admission Portal of Any UGC Approved Institution.
- Register by entering your active email id, and unique mobile number.
- Log In to MLIS Online Admission Account.
- Complete mandatory sections that contain personal, educational, and other details.
- Upload scanned MLIS documents and deposit fee.
- Confirmation of application form submission can be seen on the portal.
MLIS Entrance Exam 2023
CUET, IPU CET, and BHU UET are the top entrance exam which is conducting for MLIS Admission 2023 selection. Those University offers this course on the basis of an entrance test, So students must have to appear in this entrance exam. DU conducts CUET in month of May 2023 for all eligible students.
Why Study MLIS?
Candidates after passing the MLIS degree get a wide range of financial benefits. Most students in India choose to study this course because of the given reasons:
- The professional field after getting this degree is so relaxing as the employment associated with this degree is all related to office work.
- Individuals with this degree build a career as a librarian, Integrated Library System Application specialists, Library Attendants, Information Architects, and Junior Information Analysts.
- The salaries of these individuals are enough even at the initial and they can earn about INR 3 to 4 lacs per annum.
- Students after completing this degree can continue studies with an M.Phil or PhD degree.
- This degree imparts important management, storage, and information access skills.
NSOU MLIS Admission 2023
Netaji Subhash Open University is in Bhawanipur, Kolkata. Candidates looking for MLIS admission in Kolkata can apply for admission to NSOU. Candidates must pass a bachelor’s degree in library science with at least 50–60% marks from a recognized university in India. The duration of the MLIS program is two years, and the course fee for the MLIS program is approximately INR 80,000 at NSOU
Patna University MLIS Admission 2023
MLIS course duration is two years, and it offers by Patna University as well. To apply for the MLIS course, the candidate must have done graduation with at least 50% from a recognized university in India. The selection process for admission to Patna University is merit-based.
DU MLIS Admission 2023
DU MLIS Admission is based on the entrance exam for the 2023-24 session. The University of Delhi also provides students with a one-year M.L.I.Sc program. Students in the Department of Library and Information Science will have the opportunity to work for six months in the Delhi University Library for a stipend of INR 7,500 per month thanks to the post-M.L.I.Sc.
An internship training program that D.U. has started. Selection to the program is based on performance on the previous qualifying exam and the entrance exam (DUET).
MLIS IGNOU Admission
IGNOU MLIS Admission has been started for the July session 2023, the last date to apply is 20 September 2023. Apart from many regular universities, IGNOU also offers an MLIS program in distance mode. Candidates looking for MLIS admission at IGNOU must pass BLIS or equivalent with at least 50% marks from a recognized University in India. IGNOU offers this program at a very affordable fee of INR 10,800/. There is no age limit required to pursue this course.
JMI MLIS Admission
Jamia Millia Islamia MLIS admission will soon start for session 2023-24. The University is expected to start the admission process soon. MCom admission will be based on the entrance. In order to apply for the MLIS program at JMI, candidates must earn BLIS, or its equitant, from a recognised University in India.
What after the MLIS degree course?
After earning a Master’s degree, students may also pursue a Doctorate degree. They typically work in libraries, universities, and educational institutions. They can also serve as a career consultant, a librarian, or a counselor. Librarians and teachers make up the majority of job profiles in this industry. In addition to the commercial sector, the institutional sector offers a variety of alternatives.
MLIS Admission in Bihar
Most Universities/ colleges offer Masters of Library and Information Science (MLIS). Having a bachelor’s degree in library science with at least 50-60% marks from a recognized University in India is mandatory for candidates who apply for this course in Bihar. Admission conducted in Bihar for MLIS admission is based on Merit or Entrance Exam. Below is the list of some top universities in Bihar that offer MLIS admission.
- College of Commerce Patna
- Patna University
- Magadh University
- Nalanda Open University
Assam Women’s University MLIS Admission
The Masters of Library and Information Science program is available at Assam Women’s University. The University will soon open its admission window for the new academic session. Assam University MLIS admission is based on the entrance exam. The entrance exam question will fulfil with reasoning, English, and basic computer questions. The duration of this master’s program is two years and four semesters.
A master’s degree in library and information science opens up a wide range of professional options. They can pursue additional education in the same subject or get work experience in a variety of sectors. Candidates receive a variety of career offers after finishing their M.Lib.I.Sc. (Bachelor of Hospitality Management) program. Following completion of their M.Lib.I.Sc., applicants may find employment in some of the following prominent job categories:
- Deputy Librarian: The auxiliary library team, which offers the services outlined in library policy, is supervised by a deputy librarian. Additionally, they collaborate with the educational personnel to guarantee that the library has the right materials to assist teaching and learning across the school.
- Academic Librarian: An academic librarian gathers, administers, organizes, and disperses library resources to ensure that their availability fulfills the needs of all patrons.
- Electronic Resources Librarian: A librarian who specializes in electronic resources manages the entire life cycle of digital resources like e-books, films, databases, etc. They are also in charge of handling serials, which involves placing orders, keeping them updated, and collecting print and electronic editions.
- Librarian: A librarian handles a variety of duties that are crucial to the operation of a library, including purchasing, categorizing, choosing, circulating, and maintaining library items. In addition, they offer readers recommendations on other literature.
- Teacher Librarian: A teacher librarian oversees and distributes educational materials for the school. To assist them and their kids in developing the abilities required to choose relevant texts, they cooperate with the school and its educators.
- Junior / Assistant Librarian: Assists with daily library tasks such as issuing new library cards, checking out library materials, receiving returns, collecting late charges, and determining outstanding materials. Returns oversee and train volunteers to return books and materials to stacks.
The compensation of an individual is based on their characteristics and talents, just like in every other sector. Additionally, the longevity and success of a person inside a company or organization affect wages. Additionally, it varies for each job description.
The income range for a master’s degree in library and information science in India is INR 2.1 to 5.5 LPA. Graduates with skills can also land some of the highest-paying positions in the sector. This wage is not defined and may change depending on a variety of circumstances. These variables include things like region, title, degree, and employment history.
History is often known as previous data, and both libraries and museums have collections of it. The purpose of librarians and curators at museums and libraries is to transmit this information to the following generation. Programs like the Master of Library and Information Science (M.Lib.I.Sc.) offer the necessary education to pursue this professional path. One of the oldest and most significant occupations in the world, it also pays quite well.
Top Universities For MLIS Admission
Frequently Asked Questions?
Ques 1: If I get a BA in English honors, can I do an MLIS after that?
Ans: A bachelor’s degree is required for admission to the MLIS program. It only needs that the candidate has completed school and the Bachelor’s degree in Library science according to the “10+2+3” pattern (that is, the candidate should have completed classes 10, 12, and the UG degree with three or more years of education).
Ques 2: What is the Average fee for an MLIS course?
Ans: The average fee is around INR 50,000 to 1.20 Lakh for the MLIS course.
Ques 3: DU MLIS Admission based on merit or entrance?
Ans: DU conducts the CUET entrance exam for this MLIS course which will start in the month of May.
Ques 4: Can I get MLIS admission to top Universities?
Ans: Yes, As per the student’s choice and eligibility, the MLIS Degree course is available at IGNOU, DU, NSOU, Mumbai University, etc.