MSc Agronomy Admission 2024: Master of Science in Agronomy is a PG level highly professional course. This course belongs Agriculture Science stream. To apply for this course, students need to pass out a BSc in Agronomy or Agriculture or another relevant UG degree.
MSc Agronomy Admission Latest Update (Feb 2024)
- Application for MSc Agronomy Courses has started at IMTS Institute and the last to apply is 29 February 2024. Apply Now
- For the academic session 2024-25, Geeta University is taking applications for the MSc Agronomy and 28 February 2024 is the last date to apply. Source
- Admission to the MSc Agronomy at Sharda University is now Started and 28 February 2024 is the last date to apply. Source
- Lovely Professional University is now offering admission for the MSc Agronomy till 27 February 2024. Source
MSc Agronomy Admission 2024 Highlights
|Master of Science in Agronomy
|About the Course
|M.Sc. in Agronomy provides advanced insight into sustainable agriculture for the wellness of the environment and human consumers.
|Bachelor’s or equivalent degree in science.
|IPU CET, CUET PG
|INR 32,000 to INR 56,000
|Crop Scientist/Researcher, Soil Scientist, Agronomist, Crop Consultant, Precision Agriculture Specialist
|Counselling after taking an entrance examination
|Principles and Practices of Water Management, Agrometeorology, and Crop Weather Forecasting, etc.
|IMTS Institute, Subharti University, Singhania University, NILM University
|Syngenta, HDFC Bank, Coramandal, Bayer, Dhanuka, Monsanto and TCS
The two-year duration MSc Agronomy program aims to teach qualified students more about how to make sustainable agriculture work for the health of the environment and the people who eat agricultural products. Students who have already taken Science can take this MSc course.
The MSc course is for people interested in agronomy who want to learn how to make crops grow better. These graduates can get jobs in a variety of Agricultural and Fertilizer businesses. The Agronomy program teaches students how to harvest and grow plants for energy, food, recreation, land conservation, fiber, and other uses.
The PG degree program in agronomy covers required and optional topics, such as controlling weeds, using statistics, growing field crops, saving soil, managing watersheds, and more. The normal cost of a two-year MSc Agronomy Admission is between INR 32,000 and INR 56,000.
Eligibility Criteria for MSc Agronomy Admission 2024
The basic eligibility criteria are mentioned below for the Master of Science Agronomy course. Students must read out before admission. There are numerous universities like Punjab Agriculture University, Swami Keshwanand Rajasthan Agriculture University, etc offer admission. To reserve an admission seat for the MSc Agronomy program, candidates needed to secure the minimum eligibility as shown below.
- UG degree in a science or related field from an applicable university with a minimum score of 50% is the minimum requirement for admission to the M.Sc. Agronomy program.
- The minimum score required from reserved categories like ST/SC is 45 percent.
Top MSc Specializations
MSc Agronomy Admission 2024
MSc Agronomy admission has begun for the 2024 academic session at several universities. The admission process is structured online or offline at most universities. However, some follow the combination of both to offer admission.
MSc Agronomy program admission to regular universities or institutions typically happens upon the merit of entrance tests and undergraduate scores. Shortlisted candidates will have to undergo a document verification session before they will be able to receive their confirmation of admission.
Top Colleges for MSc Agronomy Admission
Numerous colleges/universities in India offer MSc Agronomy programs. Below is the list of some top colleges or universities that offer this MSc Agronomy Admission 2024.
- Allahabad Agricultural Institute, Allahabad
- Rajendra Agricultural University, Pusa
- Tamil Nadu Agricultural University, Coimbatore
- University Of Calcutta, Kolkata
- Rajendra Agricultural University, Pusa
MSc Agronomy Admission Fee
- Course Fee: The average fee range for the MSc Agronomy program is between INR 32,000 to INR 56,000.
- Application Fee: The MSc Agronomy application form fee varies at private, state, and other universities in India. The fee can be found between INR 350 and INR 800. Aspirants have numerous options to deposit the fee such as credit/debit card, internet banking, etc.
Scope of MSc Agronomy Admission
After getting an MSc Agronomy degree students have various scopes in the field of jobs and education. MSc Agronomy degree holders can work as crop production specialists, crop scientists, agricultural scientists, agronomists, research fellows, farm associates, and more. The MSc in Agronomy degree can be used as a springboard for the research program “Ph.D.” by students who wish to continue their education to enhance their academic profiles.
MSc Agronomy Admission: Salary & Job Profiles
The professional sector offers fantastic career opportunities for those with an MSc in agronomy. A starting salary package of INR 2.4–3.4 LPA is available to candidates in agronomy. The average pay package for professionals in this field ranges from 4 to 10 LPA. Eligible individuals can apply for the job profession at any of the following.
- Lab Technician
- Crop Production Specialist
- Agriculture Scientist
Some Other Courses
Executive MBA Admission
|PG Diploma Admission
MSc Nursing Admission
BSc Nursing Admission