MSc Biology Admission 2023: It is a postgraduate degree in general science. During this two-year PG degree, students investigate the depths of structural changes brought on by various environmental causes. Students who complete the course will also be able to educate others and produce fresh research articles. Science stream applicants are preferred for this course.
Students will learn about both human and plant-based foundations. The MSc (Master of Science) in Biology program enables students and aspirants to investigate the depths of structural changes due to diverse variables affecting living organisms.
The program includes topics like genes & genomes, biostatistics, & biosystems, proteomics, & proteins, cell biology, and much more. The full-time program in Biology has an average fee that ranges from INR 37,000 to INR 76,000.
Eligibility Criteria for MSc Biology Admission 2023
Aspirants eager to study for the MSc Biology program can opt for any private, state, or central university, e.g., Bangalore University, University of Hyderabad, Jamia Millia Islamia, Banasthali University, etc. The eligibility to obtain admission to the MSc Biology program is mentioned below.
- BSc Biology Hons or BSc with PCB from a recognized or authorized university in India.
- Students must have a Bachelor’s degree in science with an overall average of at least 50% to be eligible to apply to this Master’s program.
- Admission will be based on the merit score and entrance exam.
MSc Biology Admission 2023 Highlights
|Full Form||Master of Science in Biology|
|Eligibility||BSc Biology Hons or BSc with PCB with 50%|
|Degree Level||Post Graduate Degree|
|Admission Process||Entrance Exam|
|Course Fee||INR 37,000 p.a. to INR 76,000 p.a.|
|Salary||INR 3.5-4.9 LPA|
|Top Job Profiles||Forensic Scientist, Forester, Environmental Scientist, Microbiologist, etc|
Top MSc Specializations
MSc Biology Admission 2023
MSc Biology postgraduate regular degree program admission has started in the approved institutions and universities located in India. For admission, students must meet all the eligibility requirements. However, some institutions or universities are accepting applications offline as well. Students who want to enroll in a master of science program must qualify following the entrance exam. at the official site, students can submit applications.
Entrance Exam for MSc Biology
- MSc Biology program admission to the regular or traditional mode of study is granted after measuring the entrance and undergraduate degree exams’ marks true to the eligibility. The university and state-level entrance exams for MSc Biology admission are IPU CET, CUET, etc.
Top Colleges in India for MSc Biology Admission 2023
In the Biology department, there are numerous colleges & universities that offer admission to MSc courses. Applicants can apply to the university of their choice. Below are some of the top institutions. They may select based on their own criteria.
- JSS Academy of Higher Education & Research, Mysore.
- Mumbai University, Mumbai.
- University of Hyderabad, Hyderabad.
- SOA Bhubaneswar, Bhubaneswar.
- Indian Agricultural Research Institute, New Delhi.
- ANGRAU, Guntur.
Fee for MSc Biology Admission
- The Fee for the course MSc Biology varies in different universities, but the average fee range for the program is between INR 37,000 p.a. to INR 76,000 p.a.
- Applicants can find a suitable option to submit the MSc Biology program application form before the scheduled time. Submission of the application form requires an application form fee of between 250 Rupees and 1,500 Rupees. Applying candidates can pay an amount through the following manners: UPI, internet banking, cards, etc.
Scope of MSc Biology Course
The MSc in Biology offers the chance to gain in-depth knowledge in the Biology stream. Candidates who want to work in a branch or industry related to biology will find the program ideal. The PG degree in MSc Biology pushes candidates to find employment in the following.
- Science and Research Labs
- Health Care Sector
MSc Biology Admission: Salary & Job Profiles
A starting salary of INR 3.5-4.9 LPA can be obtained in the biology-based industry with the help of a postgraduate degree in MSc Biology. The master’s degree pass candidates in biology can get employment such as:
- Forensic Scientist
- Environmental Scientist
- Biology Content Developer
- Health Educator
- Physician’s Assistant and Nurse Practitioner
- Medical and Health Services Manager
- Biological Technician
MSc in Biology subjects
Below is given the semester-wise syllabus details of the MSc Biology program.
|Semester I||Semester II|
|Biostatistics and biosystematics||
Metabolism and metabolomics
Methods in applied sciences
|Genes and genomes||
Recombinant DNA technology
|Proteins and proteomics||
Research methodology and IPR
|Semester III||Semester IV|
Recent advances in biology
Molecular oncology and molecular medicine
Introduction to pharmacology
Some Other Courses
Executive MBA Admission
|PG Diploma Admission||
MSc Nursing Admission
|BSc Admission||PhD Admission|
|MCA Admission||MSc Admission|
|MSW Admission||BBA Admission|
|MCom Admission||BEd Admission|
BSc Nursing Admission
Question: What is the MSc Biology course benefits?
Answer: It advances career in teaching, Research, and Public Health and also, allow us to strengthen all subjects.
Question: How can I apply for a master’s degree in biology degree?
Answer: There are various universities that offer this master’s degree, so students can apply through their official portal for admission.