MSc Botany Admission 2023: This is a postgraduate degree course that carries a minimum of 2 years of duration with 4 semesters. In this program, candidates will learn about Plants, Physiology, Genetics, Microbiology, Biotechnology, Cell Biology, and Ecology. It also focuses on Agriculture, Forestry, Horticulture & Environmental Science. For admission, candidates have to qualify for entrance exams such as GATE, TS PGECET, and CUCET or equivalent.
MSc Botany Trending Updates
- Mumbai University has released the first provisional merit list for the MSc Botany program. Source
- MSc Botany Registration has started for Lucknow University Admission. Students can apply for MSc Botany Admission 2023 till 17 July 2023.
- MSc in Botany registration was open at the University of Kerala for the academic year 2023-24. Forms must be submitted by 15 July 2023.
- LPU Admission has now begun for the MSc Botany course. The registration deadline was 15 July 2023 for MSc Botany Admission 2023. Source
- Madras University has opened the portal of fresh registration for the MSc Botany course for session 2023-24, the last date to apply was 30 June 2023. Source
Delivering high-quality courses with significant vocational components and professional skill development integrated throughout the curriculum is the primary goal of the Master of Science in Botany program. Numerous job opportunities exist for students enrolled in the M.Sc. in Botany course in the food and processing, oil and chemical industries, plant health inspection services, nurseries, etc.
Applicants can opt for the MSc Botany two-year program at universities such as Panjab University, LPU, DAV University, CMJ University, etc. The complete course fee of the Botany program is INR 41,000 to INR 85,000 p.a.
Eligibility Criteria for MSc Botany
The MSc Botany admission process is open for candidates who have secured the minimum eligibility as shown below.
- Candidates must pass an entrance test and complete a course leading to any bachelor’s degree in biology with any subject, with a minimum total score of 50%, in order to be admitted to the M.Sc. in Botany degree in India.
- BSc degree in Biological Sciences/Life Sciences candidates can also apply to the MSc Botany program.
- There is no set age restriction or entry requirements for this MSc course.
MSc Botany Admission 2023 Highlights
|Course||MSc in Botany|
|Eligibility||BSc Botany with 50 % Marks|
|Degree Level||Post Graduate Degree|
|Admission Process||Entrance Exam|
|Course Fee||INR 41,000 to INR 85,000 p.a.|
|Salary||INR 2,80,000 PA, and INR 11,00,000 PA.|
|Top Job Profiles||Ecologist, Quality control officer, Lab technician, Safety Specialist, Medical representative, etc.|
Top MSc Specializations
MSc Botany Admission 2023
MSc Botany admission has started in online/offline mode at various Universities. The application fee for the BSc Botany program is 250 rupees and 1,500 rupees. 17 July 2023 was the last date to register for MSc Botany Admission 2023 at Lucknow University.
The MSc Botany Admission program fee is accepted through payment modes like cards, mobile internet banking, or demand draft. MSc Botany Admission is proposed after the merit list is determined upon the entrance test and UG degree scores.
MSc Botany Entrance Exam 2023
Numerous students apply for MSc Botany admission every year in serval universities/ colleges. The producer of admission is different in each college. Some universities take admission on a merit-based, some universities take direct admission, and some invite admission on a first come, first get policy. On the other hand, some top universities take admission on an entrance base. Candidates must face entrance exams like AUCET, PUCAT, CUCET, SVUCET, JET, BHU PGET, etc.
MSc Botany Admission Process 2023
There are two ways to apply for MSc Botany admissions in India on campus or online. Students can apply online or offline for course admission. Some universities offer MSc Botany admission through entrance exams or direct admission. Follow the steps below to apply for MSc Botany admission.
- Visit the colleges or universities where you are interested to apply for the MSc Botany program
- On the university’s website, candidates must fill out an application form.
- Applicants must fill out the application form completely and accurately.
- The application form and fee should be submitted to the college or university.
- By debit/credit card or by BHIM UPI, students can pay the application fee online.
- Upon successful payment of the fees, the candidate will receive an email and SMS confirmation.
- Students must take a printout after successfully submitting the application.
MSC Botany Syllabus
The duration of the MSC botany program is two years and four semesters. Here below are the semester-wise syllabus details for MSC botany programs.
|Semester 1||Semester 2|
Paleobotany and Palynology
|Bryophytes, Pteridophytes, and Gymnosperms||
Taxonomy of Angiosperms
Mycology and Plant Pathology
|Cell Biology and Biomolecules||
Genetics and Genomics
|Plant Anatomy and Developmental Biology||–|
|Semester 3||Semester 4|
Computer Applications and Bioinformatics
|Plant Physiology and Pharmacognosy||–|
|Plant Molecular Biotechnology and Biology||–|
|Plant Physiology and Biochemistry||–|
MSc Botany Subjects
The MSc Botany course is set up in a way that gives students a deep understanding of every subject so they can focus on different parts of their knowledge. There are core subjects, elective subjects, and practicals in the course. It includes theoretical classes, lab work, hands-on training, and workshops. The course curriculum covers a wide range of subjects, such as microbes, plants, genetics, and cells. Some of the most important subjects of the MSc Botany course are:
- Cell Biology
- Genetics and Genomics
- Plant Physiology
Top Colleges For MSc Botany Admission 2023
Multiple Universities are offering this MSc Botany course through online portals. Admissions will be based on Entrance Exam (CUET, LPUNEST, OJEE, MUET, etc) and merit score. Some of the Top universities listed are mentioned below the section.
- Nalanda University
- Indira Gandhi National Open University
- Shri Lal Bahadur Shastri National Sanskrit University
- Shri Lal Bahadur Shastri National Sanskrit University
- Central University of Kerala
- Sindhu Central University
- Central Tribal University of Andhra Pradesh
- Rajiv Gandhi University
- Tezpur University
- Central University of South Bihar
- Mahatma Gandhi Central University
What after MSc Botany?
Students after completing MSc in Botany, students are eligible to work in the public and government both sectors. Weed Scientists, Ethnobiology, Plant Ecology, Plant Taxonomy, Plant Scientists, Palynology, Pathology, and many other career roles are available. Students have also the option to know more about the Botany field and can pursue a Ph.D. in Botany or MPhil.
Scope of MSc in Botany
MSc Botany Master’s degree program is ideal for every individual who is eager for an in-depth study of the structures, features, and characteristics of plant life. The amount of knowledge, the student acquires during the course helps them to find suitable professional options in the employment sectors like:
- Biological Supply House
- Animal and Plant Health Inspection
- Land and Conservation Management
- Nature Conservancy
MSc in Botany Salary & Jobs
Students can get good Job opportunities after this Msc course according to their knowledge and skills. The average salary package of Botany-based professionals is between INR 2,80,000 PA and INR 11,00,000 PA. Some Ideal Jobs positions are below the section.
- plant explorer
- environmental consultant
- plant biochemist
- nursery manager
- molecular biologist
- environmental consultant and agricultural consultant
Some Other Courses