MSc Data Science Admission 2024: The minimum Duration of the Master of Science in Data Science course is 2 Years. Eligibility for the course students must complete a UG program in the equivalent stream and should obtain at least 50% marks. The average fee for the course is INR 41,000 p.a. and INR 1,90,000 p.a. Many state, central, and private universities provide MSc Data Science programs, Some Top Universities for the course are Aligarh Muslim University, Sastra University, and Amity University, etc. Admissions will be based on the entrance exam and merit score.
MSc Data Science Admission latest update (Feb 2024)
- Apply now for MSc Data Science Admission at IMTS Institute. Students can apply before 28 February 2024. Apply Now
- MSc Data Science admissions are ongoing at JAIN (Deemed-to-be University) till 26 February 2024. Source
- Apply now for MSc Data Science at Lovely Professional University before 26 February 2024*. Source
- Chandigarh University admission started for MSc Data Science for the year 2024. Apply before 26 February 2024*. Source
- MSc Data Science Admission is going on at Christ University. The applicants will be accepted till 14 April 2024. Source
MSc Data Science Admission Highlights
|Master of Science in Data Science
|About the Course
|MSc Data Science is a 2-year full-time postgraduate program
|Minimum 50% in an undergraduate degree
|TANCET, CUET, JNU CEEB
|INR 41,000 p.a. to INR 1,90,000
|AICTE, DEB, UGC
|Data Architect, Chief Executive Officer, Vice President, Business Operations Manager, Technical Product and Program Manager, Data etc.
|Merit and Entrance Exam Score
|Data Science, Mathematics, English, Economics, Statistics
|Subharti University, IMTS Institute, William Carey University
|Amazon, Google, and Wipro are top place companies
Eligibility Criteria for MSc Data Science Admission
Some institutions and universities in India suggest admission to the MSc Data Science program such as Aligarh Muslim University, Sastra University, etc. The complete eligibility for MSc Data Science program admission is detailed below.
- The basic eligibility criteria for MSc Date Science admission, the applicants must have a bachelor’s degree in a related field or a BSc Data Science degree from a UGC-Approved University or College.
- In the related UG degree, the score of candidates is 60%. However, those candidates from reserved backgrounds will get relaxation.
- This course’s admission is based on the entrance exam and previous merit.
Top MSc Specializations
MSc Data Science Admission 2024
MSc Data Science admission going on in UGC-Approved universities and affiliated colleges. Admission begins at both private and government universities for the session 2024 by releasing an online application form at their official admission portal. the candidates have to submit the application form before the form submission date which is decided by the universities. Applicants will be invited to submit the PG Data Science program application form of their choice.
- Application Fee: The registration or application form fee that students must pay to submit the application form is INR 350 to INR 1,200. The deposit is accepted through the payment options like a credit card, debit card, etc.
- Entrance Exam: MSc Data Science Admission heavily depends on interview and entrance exam results. The entrance exams conducted every year at the university, state, and national levels are CUET, CU CET, NIM SET, etc.
MSc Data Science Admission Syllabus
|Applied Multivariate Analysis
|Machine Learning Techniques
|Time Series Analysis
|List of Electives
|Python for Data Analysis
|Introduction to Big Data Technologies & its applications
|1. Deep Learning Techniques
|2. Survival Analysis
|Testing of Hypothesis
|3. Stochastic Finance
|Linear Models & Design of Experiments
|Reporting & Correspondence in Data Science
|4. Nonparametric Inference
|Real Analysis and Linear Algebra
|5. Quality Management
|Statistical Computing I
|Statistical Computing II
|Statistical Computing III
|6. Pricing & Revenue Optimization
|Research Treatise – II
|Research Treatise – III
Top Colleges in Mumbai for MSc Data Science Admission 2024
Numerous students from Mumbai apply every year for this master’s program. Below is a list of some top colleges and universities of Mumbai that offer MSc in data science programs.
- Fergusson College, Pune
- International School Of Engineering, Mumbai
- Symbiosis International University, Pune
- MIT World Peace University, Pune
- Kes Shroff College Of Arts And Commerce, Mumbai
- Symbiosis Institute Of Geoinformatics, Pune
Scope of MSc Data Science Course
For candidates who want to dive in and learn the scientific methodologies in the subjective stream, the MSc Data Science program is very alluring. The reason for being so impressive in the science specializations is its well-included list of topics that enables students to get proper knowledge to discover a professional career in any of the following sectors.
- Banking and financial industry
- Tech companies
- Media and Advertising
MSc Data Science Salary
A recently joined professional in the Data Science industry can make a salary of INR 3,80,000 PA to INR 4,80,000 PA. With experience of more than two to five years in the data science industry, candidates can earn well beyond 7,00,000 PA.
MSc Data Science Jobs
The following are some excellent career options for someone with an MSc in data science:
- Data Engineer
- Machine Learning Engineer
- Data Scientist
- Research Associate
- Molecular Biologist
Some Other Courses
|PG Diploma Admission
Question: What is an MSc Data Science course?
Answer: In this course, students will learn various Data Science methodologies, including Statistics, Coding, Business Intelligence, Data Structures, Mathematics, Machine Learning, Algorithms, and more. This technical program offers wide career opportunities in India. The purpose of this course is to provide the essential foundation so that interested students can be data analysts, software developers, or artificial intelligence specialists.