MSc Statistics Admission 2024: This is a well-known program in the science stream. MSc Statistics is a higher degree program after BSc Statistics. MSc Statistics is a specialized degree program for candidates who are willing to join a career path in statistics. This degree each year generates a good number of statistical experts or can be called statisticians.
MSc Statistics Admission Latest Update (Feb 2024)
- MSc Statistics applications are currently open at IMTS Institute, applicants can apply till 28 February 2024. Apply Now
- UPES University MSc Statistics admission is ongoing for the 2024-25 session, and the expected deadline to apply is 28 February 2024*. Source
- Lovely Professional University MSc Statistics admission is open. Interested students apply before 28 February 2024*. Source
- MSc Statistics Admission is going on at MIT World Peace University. The applicants will be accepted till 26 February 2024*. Source
MSc Statistics Admission 2024 Highlights
|Master of Science Statistics
|About the Course
|MSc Statistics focusing on the study of the collection, organization, and interpretation of data.
|BSc Honors degree in relevant steam from a recognized University or college.
|CUET, BHU PET, BITSAT, OUCET, IPU CET and TISS NET
|INR 36,000 – INR 87,000
|UGC and AICTE
|Online Tutor, Service Estimator, Cost Estimator, Subject Matter Expert, etc.
|Merit or Entrance Exam Based
|Statistical Inference, Computational Statistics, Statistical Machine Learning, and more.
|IMTS Institute, Singhania University, NILM University, Subharti University
|Blue Ocean Marketing, Accenture, Nielsen Company, etc
Almost two years is the minimum duration to accomplish this degree program. It is the science of interpreting data collected and organized from multiple resources. The scope of this degree is high as statistical knowledge is greatly applied at the research level.
The MSc Statistics regular PG degree program is divided into four semesters. The semesters comprise various subjects such as distribution theory, inference, measure theory, ancillary math, etc. The average total of the two-year master’s degree program in Statistics is INR 36,000 to INR 87,000.
Based on the different levels of entrance exams universities provide MSc Statistics Course Admission. Some of the entrances like BHU PET, JNUEE, IIT JAM, CUET PG, LPU NEST, CUCET, and many others. To register for these exams students have to meet the requirements.
Now the MSc Statistics PG CUET Entrance schedule is realised, students need to appear between 11 March to 28 March 2024 for CUET PG.
Eligibility Criteria For MSc Statistics Admission
MSc Statistics Admission is proposed every year by several universities, e.g., Christ University, SRM University, Savitribai Phule Pune University, and more. Let’s find out the minimum eligibility for the MSc Statistics Admission in the regular universities below.
- Admission to MSc Statistics basic eligibility criteria are, the score of candidates from the general category must be 50% or more, and reserved candidates have a 5% relaxation
- MSc Statistics Admission will be granted on the basis of the Entrance exam and merit for ongoing session.
- It is required to have such a score in a degree that is related or BSc Statistics.
- In its admission process, candidates will have to pass the entrance exams like CSIR NET, BHU PET, etc.
Top MSc Specializations
MSc Statistics Admission 2024
MSc Statistics admission window is now active in government and private Universities or associated colleges for the session 2024. An online application form has been released for admission to MSc Statics program with the last date. the applicants need to submit the application form before the deadline to be admitted to desirable universities or colleges. The openings for admission at various universities are luring applicants to submit their application forms either online or offline.
Application Fee: There is a need for an application form fee when submitting the MSc Statistics application form to almost every university. The average application fee for the Statistics program is between 300 and 700 INR. Applicants can pay the amount by using online payment or an offline mode of payment as provided by the university.
MSc Statistics Entrance Exams 2024
Entrance Exam: The MSc Statistics Admission to regular universities is granted to candidates who have managed to attain valid entrance exams and bachelor’s degree scores. Some entrance exams for the MSc Statistics program admission are the LU entrance exam, BHU PET, etc.
- BHU PET: It is the MSc Statistics entrance exam conducted by Banaras Hindu University (BHU). The purpose of this entrance exam is to provide admission for students to multiple programs, and MSc Statistics is one of them.
- JNU Entrance Exam: It is shortly known as JNUEE; Jawaharlal Nehru University conducts this entrance under the guidance of NTA (National Testing Agency).
- IIT JAM: This is the Joint Admission Test for Masters of Indian Institutes of Technology (IIT JAM) which is a common entrance exam that takes place every year across several Indian institutes. There is a minimum time requirement of 3 hours for this exam. To become eligible for registration bachelor’s degree is a must. In order to apply, the applicant must pay a fee of Rs 900 to 1250 for female applicants and Rs 1700 to 2500 for male applicants
MSc Statistics Important Dates
21 to 31 May 2024
|17 April 2024
6 to 8 June 2024
|1 August 2024
MSc Statistics Colleges
The duration of this master’s program is 2 years. Many colleges in India offer this course. To apply to top colleges, candidates must face an entrance exam such as CSIR NET, BHU PET, etc. Below is the list of some top colleges in India that offer an MSc Statistics program.
- Hindu College, New Delhi
- Ramjas College, New Delhhi
- Sri Venkateswara College, New Delhi
- PSG College of Arts and Science, Coimbatore
- Christ University Bangalore, Bangalore
- Loyola College, Chennai
- MCC Chennai, Chennai
- Presidency College, Chennai
Scope of MSc Statistics
The postgraduate degree in statistics is becoming more and more well-liked among students who desire a deeper comprehension of their academic subjects in order to more easily find employment in the field’s contemporary counterparts. Someone with an MSc Statistics degree from a regular, and approved university can work in any of the following sectors.
- Information Technology Field
- Quality Judge and Control
- Data Interpretation
MSc Statistics: Salary & Job Profiles
A PG degree holder in statistics can earn up to INR 3-4 LPA by entering the industry. Following are the job descriptions for the eligible candidates.
- Statistical Trainer
- Content Analyst
- Data Scientist
- Data Analyst
- Risk Analyst
Some Other Courses
Executive MBA Admission
|PG Diploma Admission
MSc Nursing Admission
BSc Nursing Admission