PG Diploma Admission 2023: A Post Graduate Diploma is a certificate that helps a person improve their practical skills. After you finish the graduation program, you can take the Postgraduate Diploma program. In order to complete a PGD, almost a year is required. Students can learn skills in these courses that they might not have learned in their degree programs.
PG Diploma Admission Latest Updates
- PG Diploma Application form portal has started for SOL DU Admission, Apply till 30 September 2023.
- Registration for PG Diploma courses is now open for MANUU Admission 2023, The last date to register is 20 September 2023. Source
- IGNOU PG Diploma Admission has started for July Session. Candidates can Apply till 30 September 2023. Source
- PSSOU has announced the PG Diploma Admission 2023-24, the last date to apply is 30 September 2023.
- PG Diploma Admission in Financial Services has started at MGSU. Apply till 30 September 2023.
- Kannur University applications portal is live now for PGDSSA. The 30 September 2023 is the last date for PG Diploma course admission.
- PG Diploma courses admission is announced at MJPRU for session 2023-24, students can apply till 03 September 2023.
- Shivaji University is accepting application forms for the Post Graduate Diploma course, apply till 15 September 2023. Source
- Mangalore University starts its PGD Admissions. The last date is 16 September 2023 for PG Diploma admission. Source
- MCU Admission 2023 is released it PG Diploma courses, Apply till 30 September 2023.
- PG Diploma course registration is now open for MKU Admission, The last date is 30 September 2023.
- Amity University PG Diploma in Energy Economics Registration is now live, students can apply till 30 September 2023. Source
- Abbreviation: PGD
- Full-Form: Postgraduate Diploma
- Duration: 1-2 years
- Eligibility: Undergraduate Diploma, Undergraduate Degree
- Course Type: Postgraduate
- Career Opportunities: Depending on the specialization of the course candidates can opt for various roles such as teacher, accountant, web designer, web developer, content writer, and numerous others
In addition to PGD IT, PGD Economics, PGD Management, PGD Finance, PGD Data Science, and PGD Computer Applications, there are many other subjects available for PGD. In India, there are numerous institutes that offer PGD courses. There is a merit-based admissions process for all of the related institutes. The application portal for PG Diploma Admission will open in June or July.
PG Diploma Admission: Eligibility Criteria
The criteria to select students for PGD is varying as per the institute but some basic requirements are:
- Students must have to complete their graduation with a 50% score or any other relevant course through a recognized board or institute.
- PG Diploma courses admission is also based on an entrance exam, it’s also part of eligibility for some universities.
- BSc, BA, BCA, BBA, BSW, etc. degree students are eligible for these PG diploma courses.
PG Diploma Admission: Fee Structure
PG Diploma courses total fees of around INR 20000 to INR 40,000. The PGD stream and University also make a differentiation in the course fee structure.
PG Diploma Admission Highlights
|Full form||Postgraduate Diploma|
|PG Diploma Course Duration||1 Year to 2 Years|
|Post Graduate Diploma Average Fee||INR 20000 to INR 40,000|
|Admission Process||Merit or Entrance Exam|
|Entrance Exams||CAT, GMAT|
|Top Colleges for PG Diploma||University of Delhi|
|Vellore Institute of Technology (VIT)|
|Indian Institute of Technology Madras|
|Indian Institute of Technology, Delhi|
|PG Diploma Specializations||PGDM in Marketing|
|PGDM in Finance|
|PGDM in Human Resources.|
|PGDM in Operations|
|PGDM in Information & Technology|
|PGDM in Research & Business Analytics|
|PGDM in Enterprise Management|
|PGDM in International Finance|
PG Diploma Admission 2023
There are a variety of topics covered in the PG Diploma program, including Management, Medical Sciences, computer applications, law, business analytics, finance, accounts, climate change, and so on. It is the merit of the candidate’s UG scores that determines whether they are eligible to apply for the PG Diploma Admission.
There are a few universities in India that hold entrance exams for entry into the PG diploma programs. The maximum number of admissions is, however, proposed based on the non-entrance-based system.
There are a number of UGC-approved institutions offering PG Diploma programs, such as Delhi University, IGNOU, Jamia Millia Islamia, Osmania University, etc. A PG Diploma program can cost between INR 10k and 63k depending on its specialization. CUET PG, ISBF GDET, and other entrance tests are held for PG Diploma entry. In the following sections of the article, you can read more about the PG Diploma program.
What are PG diploma courses?
In academic terms, a Postgraduate Diploma is higher than a Bachelor’s degree, but below the level of a Master’s degree. Typically, a Postgraduate Diploma is completed in one year or less after completing a Bachelor’s degree. Graduate programs can be found here.
It is usually possible to begin a Postgraduate Diploma program after completing a Bachelor’s degree. The program is usually completed in one year or less, depending on the program. In most disciplines, there are diploma programmes available to students.
PG Diploma Admission: Top Specializations
In this program students learn scientific principles and application methodologies on different specializations of the stream through a one-to-two-year program. A PGD can be specialized in many areas, and its scope and role are determined by its area of expertise.
Candidates have many options to choose from when they want to earn a postgraduate diploma. Listed below are some of the top specializations for the PG diploma:
- PGD in Hotel Management
- Project Management
- Business Accounting and Taxation
- PG Diploma in Management (PGDM)
- Masters in Data Science or Machine Learning
- Certification in Finance and Accounting (CFA)
- PG Diploma in Digital Marketing or Business Analytics Courses
PG Diploma in Management
The Post Graduate Diploma in Management (PGDM) is one of the most sought-after programs in India. The duration of the PGDM program ranges from one to two years. Furthermore, it is available in a variety of specializations like operations, service management, and marketing. This PG Diploma is offered by top institutes like Symbiosis Institute of Management, ISB, and IIM Bangalore.
PG Diploma in Journalism and Mass Communication
Those who desire to acquire and advance their abilities in communication, journalism, and related industries might consider the PGJMC course. Working professionals have the chance to upgrade and improve their expertise while also earning a certified degree in the process. This course is also intended for regular learners who wish to comprehend society and the function of the media in it, particularly in today’s incredibly quick, technologically advanced world.
PG Diploma in Marketing and Sales
The Marketing & Sales diploma course is designed to provide in-depth learning about the marketing nature of function, strategies, and Techniques. The program has 2 years time duration. Candidates can join the course in different universities on the basis of graduation with 50% marks. After completing of PG diploma in marketing and sales can work in the field of marketing, advertising, sales industry, etc.
PG Diploma in Computer Applications
PGDCA is a one-year duration program this is designed for graduate students who are passionate about developing computer applications in different fields like banking, insurance, accounting, and more. PGDCA program’s overarching goal is to equip graduate candidates for successful employment in the software industry.
The program’s primary goal is to provide students with a solid foundation in academic and software courses related to the most recent advances in computer software engineering.
The average fee for the PGDCA program is Rs 10,800 per semester in IGNOU and varies different university to university. After completing PG Diploma in Computer Application students will get top job roles like Technical Architect, PHP Developer, Java Developer, Android Software Developer, and more.
PG Diploma Guidance and Counselling
PGD in Guidance and Counselling is a well-known course in India. This course duration is 1 to 3 years at universities. Those candidates who have a UG degree with 55% easily can enrol on this PG Diploma Guidance and Counselling. In this course, students learn how to guide students through Counselling.
PG Diploma in Computer Application Syllabus
|Basic Financial Management||Web Programming|
|Foundations of Computer Programming||Computer Networks|
|Database Management Systems||Data Structure|
|Advanced Communication Skills||Object-Oriented Programming|
|Operating System||Software Engineering|
PG Diploma in Digital Media
A theoretical model for digital media, internet-based and computerized journalism practices, and internet research methods using big data analytics and data mining are the three particular categories of the evolving knowledge and communication technology-enabled new media platforms that the PG Diploma in Digital Media aspires to enhance learners on.
Since digital technology has been incorporated into every aspect of professional work, individuals with superior knowledge of operating in technologically advanced contexts are more employable.
PG Diploma in Engineering
PG Diploma in Engineering admissions will be based on entrance or merit based as per the universities. JEE, JMI Entrance Exam Gujarat PGCET, GATE are PGD entrance exams. Apart from that PGD in Engineering is also available in many specializations as given below:
- PG Diploma in biological engineering,
- PG Diploma in chemical engineering,
- PG Diploma in civil engineering
- PG Diploma in computer science engineering
- PG Diploma in mechanical engineering
- PG Diploma in electrical engineering
PG Diploma in Data Science
PG Diploma in Data Science is 10 months to 2 years duration course with high career scope. In this PGD course, students learn about data science and data analysis which basically use for the computational and biological sciences. The average fee for PG Diploma in Data Science is INR 20000 to INR 40,000.
PG Diploma in Banking and Finance
PG Diploma in Banking and Finance is one of the best courses for the finance sector, this course will help students to enhance various skills as well this diploma has a duration of one year. The Student can opt for this course after completing their graduation.
The admission procedure for PG Diploma in Banking and Finance for the upcoming academic year 2023. The admission will begin on 20 May 2023 Intestered candidates should apply for admission in any course before the last date of submission of the application form. The application form submission will close on 20 September 2023 at IGNOU.
The are numerous universities has offers a PG Diploma in Banking and Finance such as IMT, ITM, Indian Institute of Commerce and Trade, IIKM Business School, and National Institute of Bank Management (NIBM). And so on. The prominent entrance exams for PG Diploma in Banking and Finance, MH CET, CAT, CMAT, XAT, SNAP, and so on.
PG Diploma Admission: Application Form
Candidates can submit their applications for the course through an online admission procedure. In every Indian institute, almost the same admission pattern is followed. The applications made by students are accepted merit-based on criteria where previous exam marks and degree is taken into consideration. It will not require students to appear in the entrance exam.
PG Diploma Admission 2023: How to Apply?
The application forms will be available online at the official website Interested learners must enroll themselves through the official website before the prior date.
The admission procedure for filling out the application form has to explicate below precisely.
- The students must visit the official website where candidates can get the application form.
- After that fill out the application form wisely with the mandatory details, Attached are all the required documents.
PG Diploma Admission: Syllabus & Subject
The curriculum of a one- to two-year PG Diploma program varies according to the student’s chosen area of specialization. The Post Graduate Diploma program is divided into four semesters, with core and elective subjects offered in each. It is designed to provide students with access to all industry-relevant topics. The PG Diploma curriculum is detailed below according to the semesters:
|Semester I||Semester II|
|Principles and Practices of Management||Project Management|
|Management Accounting||Capital Market|
|Semester III||Semester IV|
|Research Proposal||Data Structure and Algorithms|
|Business Process||Social Sciences|
PG Diploma Subjects
There is a combination of core subjects and electives that are offered in Postgraduate Diploma courses. The term core subject applies to subjects that are considered to be the basis of a student’s education. A course like this is flexible and diverse due to the elective subjects that are available.
Post Graduate Diploma syllabus includes the following core subjects:
- Finance & Accounting
- Organizational Behavior
- Research Methodology
Below is the list of electives that are included in the Postgraduate Diploma curriculum:
- Management Theory and Practice
- Information Systems for Managers
- Supply Chain and Logistics Management
PG Diploma Admission: Career Aspects and Scope
After completing the Post Graduate Diploma program, all applicants may choose to continue their education in the profession. Candidates may decide to pursue further study or a job after finishing their Post Graduate Diploma program. After successfully finishing their Post Graduate Diploma program, individuals can consider the following prominent employment profiles:
|Brand Manager||HR Manager|
|Sales Manager||PR Officer|
A postgraduate diploma program helps students develop their vocational skills, which makes it extremely competitive. A PG diploma program is a good option for students who want to begin their careers as soon as possible. Diploma programs can assist you in finding satisfying employment, depending on your area of concentration.
PG Diploma Admission: Salary
Graduates with a Postgraduate Diploma can make different amounts of money depending on what they study and what specialization they choose. A PG Diploma graduate salary in India can also be affected by the person’s experience, where they work, and what industry they are in.
Job placements and internships can help graduates earn more money because they give them more experience. An average graduate’s salary for a PG Diploma job is between INR 2.3 LPA to 3.5 LPA
PG Diploma Admission: Skills
PG Diploma Admission graduates must possess a wide range of complex and soft skills in order to advance in their careers. These aren’t always talents that children can learn in the classroom. Instead, these are skills acquired via practice. As a result, students should always make an effort to step outside of their comfort zone and get as much experience as possible. Among these abilities are:
- Quantitative Analysis Skills
- Research Skills
- Analytical Skills
- The Ability to Work Under Pressure
- Interpersonal Skills
What is PG Diploma Admission?
A Postgraduate Diploma or PGD is a one- or two-year course of study that provides students with a deeper understanding of a particular field. Applicants are admitted to postgraduate diploma programs based on the results of their entrance tests or qualifying degree examinations. A PGD degree can help graduates find employment in the disciplines they choose. Many students enroll in postgraduate diploma programs after graduating.
Why Study PG Diploma?
There are many advantages that are connected with a PG Diploma Admission course and students are benefited at all stages after doing this course.
- One of the main advantages is the time duration, a PG Diploma Admission takes lesser time to complete than a PG degree as only one year is required to complete PGD while a master’s degree takes 2 years.
- As there are multiple streams in which one can do a PG Diploma and this provides a chance for students for making their career in a specific field.
- It is, therefore, best to pursue a postgraduate diploma if you want a degree that will help you advance in your career and have both practical and theoretical components, or if you wish to expand your knowledge without becoming involved in a master’s program.
- As a student in this course, you will develop a number of skills, such as the ability to manage a team, solve problems, communicate, manage workflow, and develop organizational skills.
- In a particular field, a PG Diploma Admission gives an increment in your knowledge level.
PG Diploma Admission: Top Universities
Frequently Asked Questions?
Q 1: Can I apply for a PG diploma after the 12th?
Ans: No! Students must have their UG degree for PG Diploma course admission.
Q 2: What is the best PG Diploma or PG degree?
Ans: If you want to go for the best academic learning or apply for PhD course, So you have to go through a PG degree. It is better than PG Diploma courses.
Q 3: Can I complete PG diploma in 3 Months?
Ans: No, it’s not possible, students have to pay a minimum of 1 year to complete their PG Diploma course.
Q 4: Which PG diploma course is best?
- MSc/PG Diploma in Global Supply Chain Management
- Master’s Degree in Marketing for Entrepreneurs
- MSc/PG Diploma in International Shipping and Transport Logistics