DHWU Admission 2024: Diamond Harbour Women’s University (DHWU) is located in West Bengal. DHWU will start the admission process soon to enroll students in its UG and PG courses. The start date for the admissions process will be 01 August 2024 for all courses. Students will have to submit their applications well before 31 August 2024.
It is approved by UGC and the Department of Higher Education, Government of West Bengal. The university has affiliations with AIU and IAWS. There are about 20+ degree programs that are taught here at UG and PG level. Some of its courses include BA, BSc, B.Com, B.Ed, MA, MSc, and M.Com. The admissions process at DHWU is merit-based based, and candidates will pay a registration fee of INR 1000.
DHWU Courses Admission 2024
- BSc Eligibility: 10+2 must be completed in science as per the merit criteria. Candidates must have passed with a 50% score from a recognized examination board.
- BA Eligibility: They need to have 10+2 in any stream of study. Their score in the last exam must be more than 45%, as required in the criteria.
- B.Com Eligibility: Candidates have to accomplish their studies up to 10+2 in commerce and must have secured 50% in the last exams.
- MA Eligibility: Each applicant should have acquired a BA degree by securing an above 50% score in the last exam. The degree must be obtained from a recognized institute.
- MSc Eligibility: At least a BSc degree with a 50% or more score will be the selection requirement. Only merit-based criteria will be followed for shortlisting candidates.
DHWU Admission 2024 Highlights
|University Name||Diamond Harbour Women’s University|
|Type of University||State University|
|University Contact Number||03174245802|
|PG Courses||M.Sc, M.Com,|
|Address||Sarisha, West Bengal 743368|
DHWU Admission 2024
Registration process will open soon for the upcoming session, The candidates are advised to contact the office for any other information regarding the admission procedure. The eligibility condition varies for different courses in this university, and admission is based on the Merit or Entrance test.
DHWU UG Admission
Students can apply for various courses like BA, BSc, BCom, BBA, etc. BA is the most popular course at DIAMOND HARBOUR WOMEN’S UNIVERSITY and is available with many specializations like Bengali, English, Political Science, and History. A student with a 12th-passed certificate from any recognized board is eligible for admission.
DHWU BA Admission
A Bachelor of Arts is available with a number of specializations at Dimond Harbour Women’s University. The university will soon start the admission process for BA courses. The BA course lasts for a minimum duration of 3 years. Students with a 10+2 passing certificate from any recognized board are eligible for admission to the BA program.
DHWU PG Admission
DHWU offers a limited number of PG courses to the candidates such as MA, MSc, MCom, etc. But the courses available in many specializations such as MA is available in the specializations Hindi, Sanskrit, Political Science, English, Bengali, Geography, and many others. Therefore students have a lot of options to take admission to their favorite courses.
A student who is interested in applying to any of the University’s PG degree programs which are of interest to him or her needs to visit the University’s official website in order to learn more about the PG degree programs provided by the University. Candidates must hold a bachelor’s degree in any field of study from an institution recognized by the University Grants Commission (UGC).
MSc: Master of Science is a postgraduate course with 2 to 4 years. There are lots of specializations in the science field including MSc Chemistry, MSc Geography, MSc Mathematics, MSc Physics, and MSc Zoology at DHWU.
MA: MA in Bengali, MA in English, MA in History, MA in Political Science, MA in Education, MA in Women’s Studies, and MA in Philosophy are the top specializations at DHWU. 10+2 and UG degree with 45% is required to apply for DHWU MA Admission.
- This university offers M.Phil Courses in different specializations such as Bengali and History.
- The mode of selection for M.Phil courses is written the examination and viva voce, which the University conducts.
- This is a research-level course, and the duration of this course is a minimum of 3 Years.
- The total number of seats depends upon the university and mode of selection through the Written Examination and Viva Voce.
Mode Of Selection for Ph.D. and M.Phil Courses
Candidates having qualified NET / SET / SLET / GATE / Any other Equivalent Examination will be exempted from the Written Examination. For admission to the Ph.D. courses, candidates already having MPhil Degrees will also be exempted from the Written Examination. You must pass a master’s degree with at least 55% marks. For Ph.D. Course: Students will get Admission to Ph.D. Courses through RET.
DHWU Application Form 2024
Diamond Harbour Women’s University invites applications for various courses like UG/PG and other Specialized Programs. Candidates have to fill out the application form for admission. The University Provides applications both online and offline. Candidates also have to pay the application fee of Rs.300/-. The Application fee can be paid through Debit/credit/NEFT/DD.
The admission process is live on the university’s official portal. Interested applicants can download application forms from the links given below.
Fill out the application forms and submit them to the university. Follow the instructions stated in the application form to avoid making mistakes and possible application rejection.
How to Apply for DHWU Admission?
- Go to the University’s Official website http://www.dhwu.ac.in/
- You see on the top of the website UG/PG Admission.
- Click on the desired course link and a New panel will open.
- Click on “Take Admission” and the Student log-in page will be open.
- Then, Scroll down and click on the ‘Register Now” button.
- Register yourself and start filling out the application form.
- Pay the Application fee of Rs.300/- through online or offline mode.
- Take a Print of the application fee for future reference.
The University has already started functioning with the introduction of 2- year, 4- semester PG courses in six subjects; Bengali, English, History, Political Science, Education, and Women’s Studies. Classes are presently being held in a three-storied dedicated academic building within the campus of the Fakir Chand College located close to the Diamond Harbour Railway Station.
From the coming academic session i.e., AY 2015-16, the University proposes to introduce a few more post-graduate courses, including M.Sc courses in science. Later in due course, the University will move to its own campus near Sarisha crossing in Diamond Harbour. The present Vice-Chancellor, Prof. Anuradha Mukhopadhyay, joined her duties in early 2015.
DHWU Course Admissions
|Computer Science Application|
The DHWU was founded in the year 2013. On 28 January 2013, it was established under the West Bengal Act XXXVII of 2012, which was passed by the West Bengal Assembly. There are many UG, PG, and special programs available at the institution in a wide variety of streams.
There has always been a long-standing demand among female students in the region and beyond for more opportunities to obtain independence after graduation, and this is the first university in the region to fulfill this demand. The city is well connected by road and rail and serves as a gateway to the Sunderbans, an ecoregion of international importance due to its ecological significance.
The university will also start Admission to the Faculty of Arts very soon. The admission will be for PG courses in the following disciplines: Bengali, English, Education, Philosophy, History, Sanskrit, Political Science, and Women” s Studies. The dates and details of this admission process will be announced on this website.
Faculty at DHWU
- Prof. Anuradha Mukhopadhyay (Vice-Chancellor)
- Dr. Tapan Kumar Mandal (Associate Professor)
- Prof. Saikat Mistri (Assistant Professor)
- Prof. Anwesha Mandal (Assistant Professor)
- Prof. Mouna Lama (Assistant Professor)
- Prof. Kumaraditya Sarkar (Assistant Professor)
- Dr. Aparna Bandyopadhyay (Associate Professor)
- Prof. Sonali Naskar (Assistant Professor)
DHWU Contact Details:
- ADDRESS: DIAMOND HARBOUR ROAD, SARISHA, SOUTH 24 PARGANAS, WEST BENGAL-743368.
- EMAIL ID: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone Number: +91 03174-245-801, 3174-245-802
- DHWU Official Website: www.dhwu.ac.in
Some Other Universities
- Kolhan University Admission
- Sri Venkateswara University Admission
- VPSPU Admission
- HP University Admission
Note: All the Fees & dates listed above for DHWU Admission are tentative. Please visit the university’s official website to verify.
Be the first to leave a review.