KUFOS Admission 2024: Kerala University of Fisheries and Ocean Studies (KUFOS) is situated in Kochi, Kerala. The online application process for UG admissions 2024-25 at this university will start in May 2024, and the last date for application submission will be 3rd week of June 2024. PG Courses application forms of this university will be available from the 2nd week of July, and the deadline will be 15 August 2024. The university has approvals of UGC, ICAR, and AIU.
The institute has one campus, ten affiliated colleges, and 100+ faculty members. KUFOS is offering 100+ UG and PG Courses in the fields of Fisheries, Aquaculture, Marine Biology, Marine Engineering, Aquatic Biotechnology, Oceanography, and Maritime Studies. The popular courses of this uni are BFSc, BTech Fisheries Engineering, BSc Oceanography, MFSc Aquaculture, and MSc Oceanography.
- MSc, MBA, PhD, MFSC, and MTech courses are the top courses at KUFOS.
- MFSc.Programmes Admissions will be based on ICAR AIEEA which is conducted by NTA.
- The KUFOS application form fee that candidates have to pay when enrolling in the program is INR 1500. Reserved or special categories of students or aspirants may easily enrol in the desired programs with the cost-effective fee of INR 750.
- Doctorate-level exam admission can be taken with valid marks influenced by popular exams like UGC-NET.
KUFOS Courses Admissions 2024
- BFSc Eligibility: Completing 10+2 makes the applicant eligible to apply to this UG program of KUFOS. The applicant must have 50% marks in 12th grade. KEAM entrance exam-based admissions. The application fee for BFSc is INR 1000.
- BTech Fisheries Engineering Eligibility: To be eligible for this engineering degree, the applicant must have a 10+2 education in the science stream with 50% marks. Admission process followed by KEAM.
- BSc Oceanography Eligibility: 10+2 grade completed from a recognized board with 50% marks in eligibility criteria for this BSc program. An entrance exam-based admission process will be followed.
- MFSc Aquaculture Eligibility: Passing BFSc in Aquaculture or equivalent degree with 50% marks is minimum eligibility. ICAR JRF or NET entrance exam-based admission process. The application fee is INR 1500.
KUFOS Admission Highlights
|University Name||Kerala University of Fisheries & Ocean Studies|
|Type of University||State University|
|University Contact Number||0484 270 3782|
|Address||Kannadi Kadu Service Rd, Near Madavana Junction, Panangad, Kochi, Kerala 682506|
|Location||Panangad, Kochi, Kerala|
|Founded||20 November 2010|
KUFOS Admission 2024
The University offers various courses at UG and PG levels such as BTech, BFSc, MBA, MSc, MFSc, and other courses at KUFOS. The application form process will be online and offline.
In Fishery Science, The University Offers Undergraduate, Graduate, And Doctoral Programs. Students Can apply for admission to all Courses offered. Admission to the Ph.D. and PG programs is based on the KEAM entrance test, while the university holds its own entrance test. A valid score on the CAT/ MAT/ XAT/ CMAT/ KUFOS MAT is required for admission to the MBA program.
- UG Courses: B.F.Sc, B.Tech Food Technology, etc
- PG Courses: M.F.SC programs, MSc programs, MBA Dual specialization in Marketing/ Finance/ Human Resources Management, and M.Tech.
- Diploma: Diploma in Brackish Water and Marine Aqualine, PG Diploma in Aquarium Science and Technology, PG Diploma in Maritime Law, and PG Diploma in Industrial Aquaculture.
- Certificate programs: Certificate program in Entrepreneurship Development, Certificate program on Computer-Aided Designing and Drafting (CADD).
Kerala University of Fisheries & Ocean Studies UG Admission
KUFOS UG courses admission offer various fields like Technology in Food Technology and Bachelor of Fisheries Science (B.F.Sc). Students who have passed their 12th board examinations with a minimum of 50% grade from a reputable education board are eligible to take these courses. Admissions are based on NEET, KEAM, ICAR, and other renowned entrance exams.
- B.Tech: Admission to the BTech program requires a minimum of 50% in high school (10+2) with Physics, Chemistry, and Biology/ Mathematics as core subjects. Kerala University of Fisheries & Ocean Studies offers this program to candidates who have passed the Kerala Engineering Agriculture Medical (KEAM) degree examination for the Engineering stream. KUFOS offers a variety of specializations in BTech for students to choose from.
- Bachelor of Fisheries Science (B.F.S.c): The KUFOS BFSc admission at the bachelor’s level offered to those applicants who have completed their 12th class from the recognized board. Also, the students should obtain 50 percent marks. The duration for pursuing this course is 4 years during which the students are taught in depth about topics like economics, biology, oceanography, etc.
Kerala University of Fisheries & Ocean Studies PG Admission
KUFOS offers M.F.Sc, M.Sc, M.Tech, and MBA PG degrees. Students are admitted based on their merit or through an entrance exam. A grade point average of at least 50% in a bachelor’s or equivalent degree is required to qualify for the PG program.
MFSc and MSc students will be chosen on merit, while MBA applicants will be selected based on their entrance test scores. It accepts the CMAT, CAT, and CMAT for its MBA programs. During the final round of admission, qualified applicants must participate in a group interview or discussion.
- MBA: This is a 2-Year durational PG course offered by KUFOS in the specializations of Human resource management, Finance, Marketing, Rural management, Energy management, and Fisheries Business management. Candidates who have bachelor’s degrees can apply for admission to this program. The admission process has been done through the entry test MAT.
- MSc: For admission to this course applicants have to complete the BSc or equivalent degree from the discipline university with at least 50 percent score.
- MTech: This course is designed for those applicants who want to learn about topics like Coastal and Harbour Engineering, Ocean and Coastal Safety Engineering, etc. To pursue this course students must hold a BTech degree course from a recognized university with 50% marks.
KUFOS M.F.Sc. Admission
The university is offering 9 specializations under the MFSc course. Students who have completed their bachelor’s degree in relevant subjects can apply for admission. Here is a list of specializations.
- M.F.Sc. Fish Nutrition and Feed Technology
- M.F.Sc. Aquaculture
- M.F.Sc. Aquatic Animal Health Management
- M.F.Sc. Aquatic Environment Management
- M.F.Sc. Fisheries Resource Management
- M.F.Sc. Fish Genetics and Breeding
- M.F.Sc. Fish Processing Technology
- M.F.Sc. Fishing Technology and Engineering
- M.F.Sc. Fisheries Extension
KUFOS PhD Admission 2024
KUFOS offers various PhD specializations in such as PhD faculty of fisheries engineering, Faculty of fisheries management, Faculty of Ocean Science & Technology, and PhD Faculty of Fisheries Science and so on that are offered by the university.
Applicants who want to get KUFOS PhD Admission need to register ninth their desired specialzation that is offered by the university. The students must be passed their master’s program with the required course from any reputed university with at least 55% of marks will be eligible.
Students should have to fulfill eligibility for admission to PhD such as qualifying entrance tests conducted at the university level that are conducted. Candidates who seeking admission to the KUFOS can apply from the official site www.admission.kufos.ac.in. The shortlisted put forwarded to the additional round such as a personal interview.
- Faculty of Fisheries
- Faculty of Ocean Science and Technology
- Faculty of Ocean Engineering
- Faculty of Climate Variability and Aquatic Ecosystem
- Faculty of Management, Humanities, and Social Sciences
KUFOS Application Form 2024
There is an aptitude test that is used for admission to the Kerala University of Fisheries & Ocean Studies. Candidates must apply for aptitude tests online to participate. The university conducts entrance exams and charges a fee of Rs.1500 for students from general categories and Rs.750 for SC/ST categories as an application fee for the application. Please make sure that you check your eligibility and read the instructions from the university’s website before you apply.
|Number of Programs||Amount to be paid by General Category in rupees||Amount to be paid by Special category in Rupees|
|1 to 5||INR 1500||INR 1100|
|6 to 10||INR 2200||INR 1100|
|11 to 15||INR 3300||INR 1650|
How to Apply For KUFOS Admission?
- Students directly visit the University Website http://www.kufos.ac.in/.
- Follow the online application instructions Provided.
- Candidates must register their names and log in.
- Submit the Application and Pay the application fee of Rs. 1500/- or Rs. 750/-.
- Check the Status of the Application online with the help of Log in Id and Password.
- Download the hall ticket for the entrance examination.
PG PhD and PDF programs entrance exam as per scheduled results has been published on the official online portal. Students who were waiting for the results of the exams for the UG/PG programs at KUFOS are now able to look at the results of the exams for the various programs. The results of the exam are for courses related to MFSc, MSc, MTech, LLM Maritime Law, and more.
Steps for Checking the KUFOS Results?
Students who appeared in the exams are now able to check their results and for that purpose, they are requested to follow the steps here:
- In order to download the result, each candidate here is required to open the main webpage in the online mode.
- There will be a link by clicking on that, a list will be downloaded to your computer.
- The result will include details such as student name, roll number, marks, class, semester, enrollment, etc.
- On opening the file, it can be downloaded for keeping the record.
Kerala University of Fisheries & Ocean Studies Prospectus
The Kerala University of Fisheries and Ocean Studies (KUFOS) is a university recognized by the government of Kerala and dedicated to studies in fisheries and ocean sciences. The bill is looking to found the university was passed by the Kerala Governmental Assembly on 30 December 2010. KUFOS has its headquarters on the premises of the College of Fisheries, Panangad, near Kochi.
The College of Fisheries, recognized in 1979, was a basic college of the Kerala Agricultural University. The Research Council shall meet at least once in six months. Research Council has not yet been constituted during the reporting period. The University now has 75 acres in the headquarters at Panangad, 50 acres at the Fisheries station, Puduveypu, and 10 acres at Thiruvallom near Vizhinjam.
KUFOS University Course Admissions
|M.Sc. (Biological Oceanography and Biodiversity( (BO&BD)||2 Years|
|M.Sc. (Physical Oceanography and Ocean Modelling) (PO&OM)||2 Years|
University offers Merit Scholarships and fellowships to Post-Graduates and Ph.D. Students. The main objectives of the fellowship are to give financial assistance and incentive to all eligible Post-Graduate students. University provides the following types of scholarship:
Manappuram Foundation Scholarship: Three students belonging to the category of general and three students belonging to the Fishman community undergoing an MBA program are eligibility the Manappuram Foundation Scholarship.
KUFOS University Schools
- School of Ocean Science and Technology
- School of Ocean Engineering and Underwater Technology
- School of Fishery Environment
- School of Aquaculture and Biotechnology
- School of Fisheries Resource Management and Harvest Technology
- School of Aquatic Food Products and Technology
- School of Management and Entrepreneurship
KUFOS University Authorities:
- The Senate
- The University Governing Council
- The Academic Council
- The Research Council
- The School Governing Councils
- The Department Governing Councils
- The Faculties; and such other bodies as may be specified by the Statutes.
KUFOS Contact Details:
- Address: Panangad, Kochi, Kerala
- Phone: 0484 270 3782
- KUFOS Official Website: www.kufos.ac.in
Some Other Universities
- Kolhan University Admission
- Sri Venkateswara University Admission
- VPSPU Admission
- HP University Admission
Note: All the Fees & dates listed above for KUFOS Admission are tentative. Please visit the university’s official website to verify.
Be the first to leave a review.