LPU Admission 2023: Lovely Professional University, or LPU, began admissions for the 2023 academic year cycle. The university offers variously specialized and lateral entry programs at the undergraduate, postgraduate, and integrated levels, such as BBA Financial Market, BCA, BA-LLB, MTech, MCA, PG in Design, and so on.
The last date for submission of the LPU admission form 2023 will be 31 January 2023 (Tentative). Admission to LPU programs is offered on LPUNEST and academic merit. Interviews and counseling sessions will be conducted at Lovely Professional University for the shortlisted candidates. Those who manage to qualify for the interview will make themselves eligible to complete the admission form for their desired course.
- Application form fees for LPUNEST for Girl and Boys applicants are 1,000 and 1,500 Indian Rupees.
- Admission to specialized courses like BSc Health and Physical Education, B.PEd, M.PEd, and BPES will start and close from 09 July 2023 to 20 July 2023. A Physical Efficiency Test (PET) will be held for admission to LPU programs.
The courses mentioned above are available for the LPU admission process of session 2023. The fee structure, eligibility criteria, and due dates are mentioned below.
LPU Admission 2023 Highlights
|University Name||Lovely Professional University|
|Type of University||Private University|
|University Contact Number||1824-404404, 1824-517000|
|UG Courses||B.Tech, BA, B.voc ,B.Li.Sc., BBA, etc.|
|PG Courses||MA, M.Sc., M.Pharm., MCA, LLM, etc.|
Jalandhar – Delhi G.T. Road, Phagwara, Punjab (India) – 144411
LPU Admission 2023
LPU is offering admissions for the following fields: Engineering, Architecture, Management, Hotel Management and Tourism, Law, Economics, Commerce, Mathematics, Chemistry, Physics, Zoology, Forensic Sciences, Microbiology, Biotechnology, Nutrition and Dietetics, Food Technology, Agriculture, Computer Applications and Medical Laboratory Sciences.
The admission is online through the LPU admission portal. The admission portal link is here. Please visit the website to start your registration process. The admission is based on scores from entrance examinations. LPU admission committee accepts scores from LPUNEST, and the university conducts LPUNEST. It also accepts national and state entrance tests such as NMAT, XAT, JEE Main, and NATA.
Lovely Professional University uses scores from the entrance examination to evaluate the provisional and merit list. The merit list is no guarantee of admission to any LPU courses. Students are invited to participate in interviews and group discussions conducted by the university.
The interviews and group discussions have different weightage from the entrance examination, and LPU admission will be based on marks from interviews, group discussions, and entrance tests. Lovely Professional University offers relaxation of 5% of the cut-off marks to applicants from the North East.
Lovely Professional University will also offer relaxation and reservations to other special categories besides the North East applicants. Below are the relaxations and reservations guidelines for the LPU 2022 admission.
Relaxation and Reservations
- Lovely Professional University will offer a 5 % relaxation to the students who prove that they are special students(SC, OBC, ST, and Differently Abled students).
- Please note that the 5% relaxation will be offered to students who prove they are in these categories.
- Lovely Professional University will exempt students who have cleared any of the following entrance tests in the LPUNEST: UGC NET, UGC JRF, CSIR, NET, ICAR JRF, SRF, GPAT, GATE, and SLET.
- Please note that the relaxation only applies to entrance tests; applicants must sit for the group discussions and interviews.
LPU UG Admission
Lovely Professional University offers UG admission in the fields mentioned above. There are various UG courses to choose from. Some of the courses include BTech programs (Mechanically engineering, electrical engineering, Civil engineering, etc.), BBA programs, B.Arch, BSc (Medical Laboratory Technology), BCA programs, BA-LLB(Hons), BBA-LLB (Hons), BSc (Nutrition and Dietetics), BSc (Hons.) Agriculture, etc.
As mentioned above, the admission process will be based on entrance tests, group discussions, and interviews. For all the UG courses except B.Arch, the university will conduct the LPUNEST entrance test. For the B.Arch program, applicants must clear either the NATA or JEE Main (Paper-2) entrance tests.
Lovely Professional University will allow students who have cleared Class 10 + 2 from a recognized board to apply. For BTech and BSc courses, the university will allow applicants who have 60% marks in their Class 10 + 2 final examinations. Students must have at least 50% overall aggregate for the rest of the UG courses.
- BA: Bachelor of Arts is an undergraduate-level programme that takes a minimum of 3 years to complete. LPU offers a variety of disciplines, including History, Sociology, Psychology, Geography, and many more. Students are required to pass 12th grade with a relevant stream to be eligible for admission to this programme.
- B.Sc: Lovely Professional University offers a variety of streams in bachelor of Science degree. Students can choose from Botany, Zoology, Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, etc. Candidates are required to have a bachelor’s degree from any recognised university to be considered for admission to this course at LPU.
LPU PG Admission
Lovely Professional University also has PG courses in the fields mentioned above. Lovely University offers various PG courses to choose from. Some of the PG courses include MTech programs (Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Civil Engineering, etc.), MBA programs, M.Arch, MSc programs, MCA, MSc Ag programs, MSc Chemistry, MSc in (Physics, Zoology, Mathematics, Commerce, Statistics and Data Analytics, etc.), LLM, MCom, etc.
The selection procedure is the same as mentioned above, and it is based on marks from entrance examinations, group discussions, and personal interviews. For MBA admission, LPU requires the applicants to clear either NATA or JEE Main (Paper-2) entrance test. For the rest of the LPU PG programs, the admission committee will conduct the LPUNEST entrance examination.
Candidates with a Bachelor’s degree can sit for the LPUNEST entrance test at Lovely Professional University. From course to course, cut-off marks differ. The minimum score for MBA admission is 55%, and the minimum score for MSc admission is 50%. MSc (Hons) Biotechnology and Bioinformatics requires a minimum overall aggregate of 60%.
- MSc: Lovely Professional University offers a Master of Science programme in a variety of subjects including Agriculture, Hotel Management, Fine Arts, Information Technology, Biotechnology, Microbiology, Botany, Zoology, Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, Forensic Science, etc. Applicants seeking admission to any of the MSc specializations must have completed their bachelor’s degree in relevant fields with a minimum average of 50%.
LPU Application Form 2023
The LPU 2023 admission process is open. Students who want to enrol in the courses must fill out the application form. To access the application form, applicants must share their first name, discipline, qualification, city, gender, state, and mobile number and tick the declaration box.
The registration panel is under the admission section on the university site. After you have successfully registered, log in to access the application form. The application form can only be read by an optical mark reader (OMR).
The application form will be attached to the LPUNEST kit. The LPUNEST kit consists of the information brochure, Program details, fee structure, and calendar. In order to apply, you must pay an application fee that is not refundable.
How To Apply For LPU Online Admission?
During the online application process, applicants must visit the university site using this link: admissions.lpu.in. Follow the steps listed below to complete the application process:
- Sign up on the LPU ADMIT (admissions.lpu.in).
- To complete the signup process, share your basic information (name, mobile number, email id, gender, state, password, etc.)
- Pay for the LPU NEST Kit. The LPUNEST KIT soft copy fee for boys is INR 100, and for girls, it is INR 500. The LPUNEST KIT hardcopy fee is INR 1500 for boys and INR 1000 for girls. You can use UPI, credit cards, online banking, or credit cards to pay for the LPU NEST Kit.
- General details and qualification details: Share information such as your AADHAAR card number, qualifications, and address details.
- Qualifying Examination Information: Applicants must book the examination slot, time, and date for the LPUNEST Entrance Examination.
How To Apply For LPU Admission Offline?
Applicants can receive the LPUNEST Kit from the campus by paying cash to the responsible authority for the offline process. Boys applicants must pay INR 1000, and girls must pay INR 500. In offline mode, the application process is manual, and read the instructions and fill out the application form (OMR Sheet).
Submit the application form in a self-addressed envelope to Block 30, Room Number 102, Lovely Professional University, Jalandhar Delhi, GT Road, Phagwara, Punjab India, pin code 144411. Please note that the University will reject incomplete application forms. You can find admission information on the website.
Semi-Offline Application Process-
Students who cannot post their application as a hard copy due to different reasons and constraints can choose this option. Follow the steps listed below to complete the application form:
- Remove the Unique OMR code on the application form and proceed.
- Sign up on the LPU ADMIT portal: admission.lpu.in.
- Make payment by choosing the option “Unique OMR Code”.
- Fill out the same.
- After you have submitted the application form, proceed to step 3 of the online mode option as listed above.
- Print out the application form.
During LPU admission, applicants must submit documents for verification and further processing. The documents required to be submitted by International, National, and NRI students are listed below.
- Class 10 certificate
- Class 12 certificate
- Graduation certificate
- School Leaving/Character/Transfer Document
- Entrance Test Scorecard
- Three passport photos
- Proof of residence
- Students aadhar card
- Parent or Guardian aadhar cards.
- Signed anti-ragging affidavit(The students and their parents must sign the certificate.)
- Income Affidavit
International students must add the documents listed below:
- Passport photocopy
- Visa photocopy
- Acceptance Letter
- Offer letter
- Health Insurance
- Police Verification
- Student Visa Issue and expiry dates
LPU Scholarships 2023 (LPU NEST)
Lovely Professional University National Entrance and Scholarship Test is the expanded form of LPU NEST. It is the scholarship programme offered by LPU at the national level. Interested students can apply through the official portal of the university. Only Indian students can apply for the scholarship programme.
Lovely Professional University provides scholarships to deserving students. The scholarship facility was established to assist students who have good grades but are facing financial problems.
LPU scholarships can be availed at any level of your studies. The scholarships vary from Diploma to doctoral courses. LPU NEST offers scholarships based on the following:
- Lovely Professional University offers scholarships based on eligibility qualifications. Students who have good marks on their previous qualifying level are awarded scholarships.
- Lovely Professional University offers scholarships to students who have achieved high scores on certain national levels tests such as JEE Mains, UCEED, NEET, MAT, CAT, GPAT, and GATE.
- Lovely Professional University also offers scholarships to students who have high scores in the LPUNEST. There are three brackets for which the university provides scholarships.
- The brackets are Bracket 1(For students who have LPUNEST equal or more than Category 1 cut off Bracket 2 (For students who have LPUNEST equivalent or more than Category 2 cut off), and Bracket 3 (For students who have LPUNEST equal or more than Category 3 cut off).
- Students in Bracket 1 will get the biggest scholarship package, and the lowest will be awarded to students in bracket 3.
- LPU also offers scholarships to Differently abled students and orphans.
About Lovely Professional University
LPU, also known as Lovely Professional University, is one of the largest universities in North India (outside Jalandhar, Punjab). It was established under the Punjab State Private University Act in 2005. This university is also a member of the AIU board.
Lovely Professional University offers more than 300 courses recognized by the University Grants Commission (UGC). It offers courses through regular and distance modes. Students can opt to pursue the courses at Diploma, PG Diploma, Dual Degree Diploma, Graduate, UG, PG, and doctoral levels (Ph.D. and MPhil). Some of the courses include B.Tech+MBA, B.Tech+M.Tech, B.Sc, B.Com, BBA, MBA, M.Com, M.Sc, Diploma in Library and Information Science, etc.
This university is also known for one of the highest job placement rates after graduation for its Lovely Professional University. All Lovely Professional University graduates were placed in local and international companies in previous years. Amazon India, Microsoft, Asian pants, Axis Bank, ITC, OYO, HDFC Bank, Unilever, and Federal Bank are some of the top local recruiters.
Since the beginning of LPU’s history, these companies have been providing placements to all graduates. The number of LPU graduates employed by Cognizant in one day reached 610, and the number of graduates employed by Tech Mahindra reached 250.
The university also has good job placements on an international level. Some of the multinational companies hiring LPU graduates are Dharam Consultancy (USA), Al-Rakha (Dubai), Altruist (Africa), Adani Wilmar (Africa), Ritz Calton (USA), and Hyatt (USA). These international companies provide LPU graduates with international jobs all over the world.
Frequently asked questions(FAQs)
Q: Does Lovely Professional University offer distance courses or regular courses?
Lovely Professional University offers distance and regular courses.
Q: Can I correct my admission form after I have submitted it?
Yes, you can, Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your registered email.
Q: Does LPU provide scholarships?
Yes, The scholarships are provided to students who have good grades.
Q: Where can I get job placements after graduating from LPU?
Yes, you can get job placement after graduating. LPU graduates are hired by top companies such as Hindustan Unilever Ltd, Federal bank, Capgemini India, Cognizant Technology Solution, Amazon India, Microsoft, Asian pants, Axis Bank, ITC, OYO, HDFC Bank, Unilever, and Amazon.
Q: Is LPU a good university for engineering studies?
Yes, LPU is a better option for engineering studies. In the previous years, the university has had a 100% placement. LPU graduates are employed by companies such as Dharam Consultancy(USA), Al-Rakha(Dubai), Altruist(Africa), Adani Wilmar(Africa), Ritz Calton(USA), and Hyatt(USA). The international companies are offering top jobs to LPU graduates in international locations.
Q: How is the LPU Anti-ragging cell?
LPU has a zero-tolerance for alcohol, ragging, fighting, smoking, disciplinary misconduct, and drugs.
Q: Is the LPU degree valid?
Yes, The degree from LPU is valid, and you can get employment in the government and private sector.
LPU Contact Details:
- Address: Lovely Professional University, Jalandhar – Delhi G.T. Road, Phagwara, Punjab (India) – 144411
- Contact No.: 1824-404404, 1824-517000
- Official Website: https://www.lpu.in/
Note: All the fees & dates listed above for LPU Admission are tentative. Please visit the University’s official website to verify.
Be the first to leave a review.