Madras University Admission 2022: 16 June 2022 is the last date to apply for Madras University PG Admission 2022. The university has released an application form for various PG, Diploma & Certificate courses on its official portal @egovernance.unom.ac.in. Candidates must fill out the application form before the last date to be considered for admission.
In addition, students can apply for admission to Diploma & certificate courses till 16 July 2022. Candidates who have completed their 12th or bachelor’s degree from any recognised institute can apply for admission by visiting the official website.
It was established in 1857, and the university’s location is in Tamil Nadu. Students who want to enrol in this university can opt for the programs like Post Graduation, PhD and Diploma programs. The fresh academic 2022 session offers applicants courses like MA, M.Com, M.Sc, LLM, MBA, M.Ed, and MLibSc. The university has extended the deadline for the submission of thesis/synopses for PhD students to 30 June 2022.
Madras University has officially announced that PhD admissions will be open again for the session 2022. It was because of the covid-19 situation that the university decided to open up the PhD admissions, which had been closed by December 31, 2021. The last date of application was January 31, 2022.
Students who want to take admissions to this university should go through all the guidelines. If students find any kind of query after that, they can contact us. Accordingly, we will get back to students and solve their queries.
- Applications are available for offline and online modes. Students can visit the official portal and get the information for the admissions.
- There are merit basis selections, and also, for some of the programs, students need to go through the entrance examinations for admissions.
- For the PG programs, completing a graduate degree is a must, and for a program like MBA and
- MCA, students need to clear the entrance test like TANCET.
- The clearance of the entrance is compulsory for admissions to this university.
Application Fees: The Application fees for all programs are INR 300/- rupees, and students, while in the registration process, need to complete the application process.
Students who read the above article will understand the introduction and the basic information about the university, still, for the university updates and detailed information.
Madras University Trending Updates:
- Madras University PhD admission 2022 July session has begun, and students can apply for admission till 30 June 2022. Apply Now
- The last date to apply for Post Doctoral Degrees at Madras University is 30 June 2022. Students must visit the official website and fill out the application form. For more details read the admission notification.
- 16 July 2022 is the last date to apply for Madras University Admission to Diploma, PG Diploma & Certificate programme for sessions 2022-23.
- The last date to apply for Madras University PG Admission 2022 is 16 June 2022.
- Madras University Admission 2022 has been started for PG, Diploma & Certificate courses. Click here for more information.
- The University of Madras has released the examination form for April 2022. The last date for online form submission was 6 May 2022 without any late fine. Click here.
- Madras University Exam 2021 result has been released on its official website. Click here to check.
- Madras University is going to start applications for the new session soon. Students are advised to visit here for regular news updates. Click here
- Admit cards (Hall Ticket) for the November 2021 examinations have been released on the official website of the university. Click here to download using your registration number and Date of birth.
- The University of Madras has released the timetable for the November 2021 examination for all UG and PG courses. Click here to check the schedule.
- The university has extended the date of submission of Synopsis/Thesis for terminal Ph.D. students up to 30 June 2022. For more details click here.
- Two weeks workshop on the analytical tools for image processing is going to be held from 1 February to 14 February 2022. Click here for more information.
- Madras University has reopened PhD admission for the session 2022. Due to the COVID-19 situation, the university decided to extend the PhD admission deadline from December 31, 2021, to January 31, 2022 (Closed). To read the full notification. Visit here.
- Madras University has extended the deadline for submission of the Synopsis for the terminal Ph.D. Students. Now students can submit their Synopsis by 30th June. To read the full notification. Click here
Madras University Admission Highlights
|University Name||Madras University|
|Type of University||State University|
|Founded||5 September 1857|
|Offered PG Courses||M.A, M.Sc, M.Com, M.C.A|
Diploma Course in Arabic, DCP, P.G. Diploma
Navalar Nagar, Chepauk, Triplicane, Chennai, Tamil Nadu 600005
Madras University Admission 2022
Madras University has a lot of UG and PG courses for the years 2022-23. The admission process has been started for new sessions on 13 May 2022. Students can apply for online admission to PG courses till 16 June 2022 & applications for the PG Diploma, Diploma & Certificate courses will be accepted till 16 July 2022. Fill out the application form online through the university’s website to get admission. The university also has a lot of room for extra and co-curricular activities. Colleges expect a lot from their students. Students are encouraged by the university to use this chance to do well, and also to act with integrity & honour the university.
- To be eligible for M.A., M.Com, M.Sc., and LLM programs, students must first complete B.A., B.Com, B.Sc., and LLB degrees.
- To apply for other programs such as MBA, M.Ed, and MLIBS, you must have a bachelor’s degree in any field.
- Candidates for an Executive MBA program must have graduated with at least 55% of their grades in any stream.
- To apply for an MSW program, students must have a bachelor’s degree and a passion for social work.
- To be qualified for an MTech, students must hold a BE/BTech in Engineering or an equivalent discipline from an approved university.
Madras University PG Admission 2022
16 June 2022 is the last date to apply for Madras University PG Admission 2022. The university will release applications nearly in the month of June. Interested candidates can apply for admission by visiting the official portal @unom.ac.in. Students need to qualify for an entrance examination conducted by the university or it also accepts scores from the national level entrance examinations.
- M.Sc Biomedical Genetics: To get admission to the M.Sc Biomedical Genetics, the students should have a bachelor’s degree in Microbiology, MLT, Biology, Zoology etc. Master of Science is a PG level degree that can be completed in a minimum of 2 years.
- MA: Master of Arts is a postgraduate level degree offered in Economics, Folk Music, Hindi, English, Arabic, Political Science, etc. Students must have a bachelor’s degree in the relevant subject with good aggregate marks to get admission to the MA programme.
- M.Com International Business & Finance: Master of Commerce (IB & Finance) is a postgraduate level degree programme that takes a minimum of 2 years to complete. Students interested in getting admission in this specific course should have B.Com with a 55% score.
- MSW: Candidates applying for MSW will be entered after qualifying MU entrance exam. The qualifying marks of students in the last degree must be 50% and the last degree must be BSW.
- M-Tech: Eligibility for M-Tech admissions is merit cum entrance exam. The last degree of students must be BTech acquired from a UGC approved University. Students qualifying marks in B-Tech are required to be at least 60%.
Madras University Diploma Admission
- 16 July 2022 is the last date to apply for Madras Unversity Admission to Diploma, PG Diploma & Certificate courses for sessions 2022-23.
- A range of diploma and postgraduate diploma courses are offered at the University of Madras throughout India. The university offers one-year diplomas in Labour Law, Management, Tourism & Travel, Taxation, Yoda, etc.
- A student who wants to pursue a Diploma must pass 12th grade in any stream with at least 45%. To be eligible for admission to the PG Diploma programs, students need to have a bachelor’s degree in the relevant stream.
Madras University PhD Admission 2022
- The University of Madras also offers a Doctorate level PhD programme. It has numerous specializations for students, such as PhD in Management Studies, Organic Chemistry, Pharmacology, Computer Science and many more. The eligibility criteria for admission in this programme is to complete a master’s degree or equivalent from any UGC recognized university.
- The admission process will be based on merit scored by the students in entrance exams like TANSET, CSIR NET, etc. A candidate with a high score will get the seat after qualifying personal interview.
Madras University PhD Admission July Session 2022 Last Date
|Other Courses Admission 2022|
|BPharma Admission||MSc IT Admission|
|BSc Admission||MSW Admission|
|BSW Admission||MTech Admission|
|BTech Admission||PG Diploma Admission|
|Diploma Admission||PhD Admission|
|MBA IT Admission||MSc Admission|
Madras University Admission 2022 Important Date
|Application form Starts||13 May 2022|
|Madras University PG Admission Last Date||16 June 2022|
|Madras University Diploma & Certificate Admission Last Date||16 July 2022|
|Entrance Test||To be announced|
|Entrance Result date||To be announced|
|Merit List||To be announced|
To be announced
Madras University Application Form 2022
Madras University offers various UG, PG, Certificate, and diploma courses. Admission to the courses is through a registration form. Information related to the registration form is discussed below. Applicants are advised to check the information before filling out the registration form.
The Madras University registration form will be released on the admission portal. The university is expected to release the registration form in July this year, and the last date to fill out the form is in August. The new months will be posted on this website if the months change.
Applicants must start by creating an account on the Madras University Admission portal. To create an account, applicants must provide their name, gender, date of birth, country, state, mobile number, email address, and program type.
After successfully creating the account, Students can start filling out the registration forms. The registration form can be accessed directly from this link. Before filling out the form, read the instructions carefully and fill out the form with utmost care. After submitting the resignation form, the applicants cannot make any changes or modifications.
How To Apply To Madras University Admission?
- Visit the University website address. Click here to fill out the online registration form.
- Choose the online admission 2022-23 link.
- Click on the new registration link.
- New Window will open.
- Applicants must enter their Name as given in the 10th mark sheet
- After that DOB (Date of Birth)
- Valid Mobile Number(Only 10 Digit) and Email Id.
- Save the button.
- Xth Class Marksheet/Certificate
- XIIth Class Marksheet/Certificate
- Transfer Certificate
- Score Card
- Valid Address Proof
- Passport size Photograph
Madras University Entrance Exam 2022
Madras University admissions to different courses are based on the entrance examination. The admission test is organized each year for students from all over the country. This test is conducted at the national level by the University itself. The application forms to apply for this exam are available at the University’s online site and the link to that site is https://www.unom.ac.in.
Usually, the admissions to UG degree courses at Madras University are based on merit but for PG courses admission tests are taken. The PG courses for which this test is conducted are MSW, MLIS, M.Ed, LLM, M-Tech, MCA, MBA, etc. The entrance exam will have a duration of 2 hours to solve a total of 100 questions and all will be in the MCQ format having no negative marks.
University of Madras Course Admissions
|Ancient Indian History and Archaeology|
|Continuing Education Management|
|Criminology & Criminal Justice|
|Defence and Strategic Studies|
|Human Resource Management|
|Indian Philosophy and Religion|
|Intellectual Property Rights|
|Mass Communication & Journalism|
|Post Modern Development Administration|
|Applied Plant Science|
|Information Security and Cyber Forensics|
|Mass Communication & Journalism|
|Medical Lab Technology|
|NanoSciences & Technology|
|Polymer Science in Chemical Technology|
|M.Tech||Nano Science and Technology|
|Continuing Education Management|
|French / German / Hispanic / Italian Studies|
|Journalism and Mass Communication|
|Music – Hindustani/Karnatic|
|South Asian Studies|
|Nutrition and Dietetics|
|Computer Accounting (CCA)|
|Primary Education (CPE)|
|Certified Course in Yog Science|
|Proficiency in German|
|Tourism & Travel Management|
|PG Diploma||Ambedkar Studies|
|Computational Mathematics and Statistics|
|Ethics And Biotechnology|
|Extension Education. & Social Work|
|Human Resource Management (PGDHRM)|
|Parent Counselling (PGDPC)|
Madras University Placement
- Oil and Natural Gas Corporation Ltd.
- Tata Consultancy Services.
- Coal India.
- Sun Pharma.
- Tata Motors Limited.
- Bharat Petroleum Corporation Limited.
- Reliance Industries Limited.
- Oil and Natural Gas Corporation.
- HDFC Bank.
Madras University Contact Details:
- Address: Navalar Nagar, Chepauk, Triplicane, Chennai, Tamil Nadu 600005
- Phone: 044 2539 9422
- Madras University Official Website: www.unom.ac.in
Note: All the fees & dates listed above for Madras University Admission are tentative. Please visit the official website to verify.
Be the first to leave a review.