Madras University Admission 2024: Madras University is one of the most popular universities in Tamil Nadu. It is situated in Chennai. Admission season 2024-25 at this university for various UG/PG/Diploma/PhD programs starts on 19 April 2024, and the deadline will be 30 June 2024.
Madras University Admission 2024 Highlights
|University Name||University of Madras|
|Short Name||Madras University|
|Mode of Education||Regular, Distance Education|
|Courses Offered||UG, PG, Research, Diploma, Certificate programs|
|Popular Courses||MBA, MCA, MA, M.Com, M.Sc, M.Tech, M.Ed, M.Phil, Ph.D.|
|Mode of Admission||Online and Offline|
|Selection Criteria||Based on merit or entrance examination|
|Placement||Cognizant, TCS, HCL Technologies and Wipro|
|University Type||Public State University|
|University Website||Madras University Official Website|
|Admission Eligibility UG Course||10+2 or it’s equivalent|
|Admission Eligibility PG Course||Students must have a bachelor’s degree with atleast 50% marks|
Madras University has three campuses and 115+ colleges. UGC approves it and has 1000+ faculty members. Around 200+ courses are offered at this university. The popular courses offered at MU are BA (Hons) English, BBA, and BE/B. Tech, BCom (Hons) Accounting and Finance, MA English, MBA, and MSc Computer Science.
Madras University Courses Admissions 2024
- BA (Hons) English Eligibility: Aspirants for this UG program of MU must have a 10+2 education with 50% marks. The selection for this BA program is based. The application fee for this Bachelor course is INR 500/-
- BCom (Hons) Accounting and Finance Eligibility: Merit-based admissions are offered for this degree. Minimum eligibility is class 12th education completed with at least 50% marks.
- MSc Computer Science Eligibility: A Bachelor’s degree, such as a BSc in Computer or IT-related streams, is the minimum eligibility criteria. The admissions will granted based on the score obtained in the TANCET exam.
- M.Com. Accounting and Finance Eligibility: Completing a UG degree in Accounting or commerce with 50% marks is the minimum criterion for this master’s degree. TANCET exam score will determine admission to this program. The application fee paid for this program is INR 1000/
- MBA Eligibility: A BBA or equivalent Bachelor’s degree is the minimum eligibility for this program. Admissions for this program are granted based on the TANCET Score.
For detailed information about the course, students require to go through the whole article.
Madras University Admission 2024
University also offers other courses like MA, MSc, MEd, LLM, MCom, MBA, MLIS, MCA, MTech, PhD, PG Diploma, Diploma & Certificate courses at UNOM.
All the program intake is through the scores and the entrance test scheduled for the students. The courses and the eligibility criteria are jotted down below. Fill out the application form online through the university’s website to get admission.
- To become eligible for admission
- To apply for other programs such as MBA, M.Ed, and MLIBS, you must have a bachelor’s degree in any field.
- Madras University has released the UG courses admission form offered at affiliated colleges.
- Candidates for an Executive MBA program must have graduated with at least 55% of their grades in any stream.
- To apply for an MSW program, students must have a bachelor’s degree and a passion for social work.
- To be qualified for an MTech, students must hold a BE/BTech in Engineering or an equivalent discipline from an approved university.
University of Madras UG Admission 2024
Students can pursue various course UG courses at Madras University in different specialties. The University has commenced the registration for various UG courses in affiliated colleges. All the students who have completed their class 12th education are eligible to apply for this 3-year undergraduate course at Madras University.
- BSc: University of Madras provides a special BSc Blended program for students who have completed their 10+2 science. The final selection will take place based on the marks in the previous education. There are limited seats for the BSc Blended program.
Madras University PG Admission 2024
Madras University Application 2024 Submit the online application form for Madras University PG admission to all the PG courses at www.unom.ac.in. Master’s Degree Studies are offered through a variety of specializations. Let’s have a look at courses; MA, MSc, MEd, MSW, LLM, M.Com, and MBA are all on the list. The most interesting part is that the course has a variety of course choices available for selection.
For the eligibility criteria, students need to complete their Bachelor’s degree from a relevant stream. As the marking criteria are through merit scores and entrance marks, the entrance test is the compulsory procedure for Madras University admission selection.
- M.Sc Biomedical Genetics: To get admission to the M.Sc Biomedical Genetics, the students should have a bachelor’s degree in Microbiology, MLT, Biology, Zoology, etc. A Master of Science is a PG-level degree that can be completed in a minimum of 2 years.
- MA: Master of Arts is a postgraduate level degree offered in Economics, Folk Music, Hindi, English, Arabic, Political Science, etc. Students must have a bachelor’s degree in the relevant subject with good aggregate marks to get admission to the MA program.
- M.Com International Business & Finance: Master of Commerce (IB & Finance) is a postgraduate level degree program that takes a minimum of 2 years to complete. Students interested in getting admission in this specific course should have B.Com with a 55% score.
- MSW: Candidates applying for MSW will be entered after qualifying MU entrance exam. The qualifying marks of students with the last degree must be 50% and the last degree must be BSW.
- M.Tech: Eligibility for M-Tech admissions is merit cum entrance exam. The last degree of students must be BTech acquired from a UGC-approved University. Students qualifying marks in B-Tech are required to be at least 60%.
- Mphil: Eligibility criteria for Mphil. A candidate must have a graduate degree or another degree that is equivalent to this Degree by a recognized academic institution. It is required that candidates must have earned a minimum of 55% in the aggregate or equivalent in your course of study for admission to the University of Madras.
- MBA: Madras University MBA Admission 2024 is ongoing at its affiliated colleges. In order to get admission students have to complete a Bachelor’s degree from a well-known university.
University of Madras Diploma Admission
- Madras University offers a number of Diploma, and PG Diploma courses in different fields such as Language, Archaeology, Humanities, Social Sciences, Fine Arts, and others. The minimum duration is 1 to 2 years.
- Students interested in pursuing a diploma must pass 12th grade with at least 45%. Students must have a bachelor’s degree in the relevant field in order to apply for the PG Diploma programs.
- Admission process will be done based on merit and entrance exam score.
Madras University PhD Admission
- Candidates must complete the online admission process for PhD programme before admission closes. It has numerous specializations for students, such as PhD in Management Studies, Organic Chemistry, Pharmacology, Computer Science, and many more. The eligibility criteria for admission to this program is to complete a master’s degree or equivalent from any UGC-recognized university.
- The admission process will be based on merit scored by the students in entrance exams like TANCET, CSIR NET, etc. A candidate with a high score will get the seat after qualifying personal interview.
Madras University Application Form 2024
The admission departments of Madras University have opened applications for undergraduate, and postgraduate programs. However, students now get the notification for the commencement of Madras University 2024 application forms.
Application or enrollment forms can be turned in for programs such as certificates in yoga, BA, BArch, BDS, MSc, MBA, etc. Applicants would have to pay the enrollment fee of INR 354 to submit applications.
Application Fees: The Application fees for all programs are INR 354/- rupees, and students, while in the registration process, need to complete the application process.
Madras University Admission Process 2024
Students who are looking for any UG and PG course, they have to complete the Madras University Admission process. Following steps are mentioned below.
- Visit the official site www.egovernance.unom.ac.in.
- Fill out the application form with all information.
- Please proceed to log in to the admission account using a special registration number and password.
- Fill out the sections properly.
- Proceed to the document upload section.
- Upload any necessary documents in JPEG or PDF format.
- Pay the fee.
- Save or print the Madras University acknowledgment slip.
- X Class Marksheet/Certificate
- XII Class Marksheet/Certificate
- Transfer Certificate
- Score Card
- Valid Address Proof
- Passport size Photograph
Madras University Entrance Exam
Madras University admissions to different courses are based on the entrance examination. The admission test is organized each year for students from all over the country. This test is conducted at the national level by the University itself. The application forms to apply for this exam are available at the University’s online site, and the link to that site is www.unom.ac.in.
Usually, the admissions to UG degree courses at Madras University are based on merit, but for PG courses admission tests are taken. The PG courses for which this test is conducted are MSW, MLIS, M.Ed, LLM, M-Tech, MCA, MBA, etc. The entrance exam will have a duration of 2 hours to solve a total of 100 questions, and all will be in the MCQ format having no negative marks.
Madras University Hall Ticket
The University of Madras has released the admit card for the examination that is going to be held in November month. Students who have filled out the examination form can download it now at @egovernance.unom.ac.in/onlinereg/login_hall.asp. Generally, the University releases the admit card/hall ticket prior to seven days before the examination date. In the UNOM Hall ticket, venue, exam date, time, duration & more are mentioned. It is mandatory to bring the hall ticket or admit card while appearing for UNOM Examination.
Madras University Result
Madras University will release results in 2024 for various UG/PG programs soon at the Madras University Student Login. Students enrolled in PG courses (odd semester) MBA, MCA, MSC, MA, M.Com, and UG courses BSc, BA, B.Com, and BCA will be able to check results online at MU’s official website. Exams at Madras University are administered in semesters. To see their results, students must enter their roll number and semester exam information on the online portal.
What Is the Procedure for Checking the University of Madras 2024 Results?
To obtain and view the Madras University Result 2024, simply follow the steps below.
- The First step is to visit www.unom.ac.in (Madras University website)
- Through this web link, you will reach Madras University’s website homepage. In the top menu, you will find “UNOM Results”
- After clicking UNOM results, you will be asked for your Roll Number and DOB.
- Madras University Result 2024 will appear.
- You can also download UNOM 2024 result for further use.
University of Madras Course Admissions
|Ancient Indian History and Archaeology|
|Continuing Education Management|
|Criminology & Criminal Justice|
|Defence and Strategic Studies|
|Human Resource Management|
|Indian Philosophy and Religion|
|Intellectual Property Rights|
|Mass Communication & Journalism|
|Post Modern Development Administration|
|Applied Plant Science|
|Information Security and Cyber Forensics|
|Mass Communication & Journalism|
|Medical Lab Technology|
|NanoSciences & Technology|
|Polymer Science in Chemical Technology|
|M.Tech||Nano Science and Technology|
|Continuing Education Management|
|French / German / Hispanic / Italian Studies|
|Journalism and Mass Communication|
|Music – Hindustani/Karnatic|
|South Asian Studies|
|Nutrition and Dietetics|
|Computer Accounting (CCA)|
|Primary Education (CPE)|
|Certified Course in Yoga Science|
|Proficiency in German|
|Tourism & Travel Management|
|PG Diploma||Ambedkar Studies|
|Computational Mathematics and Statistics|
|Ethics And Biotechnology|
|Extension Education. & Social Work|
|Human Resource Management (PGDHRM)|
|Parent Counselling (PGDPC)|
Madras University Placement
- Oil and Natural Gas Corporation Ltd.
- Tata Consultancy Services.
- Coal India.
- Sun Pharma.
- Tata Motors Limited.
- Bharat Petroleum Corporation Limited.
- Reliance Industries Limited.
- Oil and Natural Gas Corporation.
- HDFC Bank.
Madras University Contact Details:
- Address: Navalar Nagar, Chepauk, Triplicane, Chennai, Tamil Nadu 600005
- Phone: 044 2539 9422
- Madras University Official Website: www.unom.ac.in
- Tamil Nadu Open University
- Allahabad University
- Mumbai University
- Jammu University
- Devi Ahilya Vishwavidyalaya
- Kurukshetra University
- University of Kashmir
- Banaras Hindu University
- Annamalai University
- DU SOL
- Mysore University
- Amity University
- Christ University
- Delhi University
- Madras University
- Lucknow University
- Patna University
- Alagappa University
- Anna University
- Nalanda University
- Assam Agricultural University
- Rama Devi University
- Anand Agriculture University
- Berhampur Unievrsity
- BGSB University
- Assam Agricultural University
Note: All the fees & dates listed above for Madras University Admission are tentative. Please visit the official website to verify.
Q.1: How to get admission into Madras Univerity?
Ans: Students can easily register themselves online on the basis of eligibility criteria as per course.
Q.2: Is getting admission to the University of Madras for PG easy?
Ans: UG degree to required to apply for Madras University PG Admission, If students match the eligibility criteria of the University, it is really easy to get admission.
Be the first to leave a review.