Nalanda University Admission 2024: There are multiple UG, PG, PhD, and Other courses available for Admission. Fill and submit an online application form or send the filled form with attested documents through email. Nalanda University accepts applications with a registration form fee of 500 Indian Rupees.
Nalanda University Admission Updates (February 2024)
- Admission for Masters Programs at Nalanda University is open for the 2024 session. The last date of application is May 31st, 2024. Apply Here
- Nalanda University is currently accepting applications for the 2024 session of its PhD Programs. Interested individuals can now apply.
- MBA Admission for the 2024 session at Nalanda University is now accepting applications. The deadline for submitting your application is May 31st, 2024. Apply Here
- The application process for Nalanda University M.A. Admission for the 2024 session is now open. Submit your application before the deadline of May 31st, 2024. Apply Here
Nalanda University Admission:
- UG Courses: Nalanda University does not offer any UG program. It focuses on Master’s and PhD degrees.
- PG Courses: Nalanda University offers MA, MSc, MPhil, MBA and PhD programs in various specializations, including history, economics, languages, Pali and Buddhist Studies. The minimum education required for admission to these PG programs is a bachelor’s degree in the same field with at least 50% marks.
- Diploma & Certificate: Nalanda University offers short certificate and diploma programs, including a Diploma in Pali and Buddhist Studies, a Diploma in Sanskrit, and Language certificate courses
- Exams: JEM and UGC-NET are entrance exams for various PG programs of Nalanda University. MBA applicants will must appear in CAT/MAT exams.
- Dates for exams: The entrance exams for various PG programs will take place in June 2024*.
- Admission date: The applicants for various PG programs of this university can apply online by visiting https://www.nalandauniv.edu.in/. The deadline for the admission process is 31 March 2024*.
- How to Apply: Applicants prefer to apply online for Nalanda University courses. The online process is simple and can be completed online at the university portal. The aspirants must pay the application form fee in order to complete the process.
- Last year’s Placements: Around 95% of candidates at Nalanda University were placed in various sectors. The recruiters of the previous year were Goldman Sachs, HSBC, Standard Chartered, Amazon, Flipkart, and Microsoft. The highest income offered to such professionals was INR 30 LPA.
Nalanda University Admission Highlights
|Type of University
|BBA/ B.Com/ BCA/ BLIS
|MBA/ MCA/ MCS/ MLIS
|Rajgir, Bihar 803116
Nalanda University Admission 2024
Admission to Nalanda Open University will be done based on merit score, the applicants who have acquired a bachelor’s degree with 55% equivalent marks are eligible for admission to the PG program. The MBA program applicants need to score a minimum 70 percentile in the CAT, XAT, and MAT entrance examinations. The application fee of Nalanda University admission is charged INR 500 to all the courses offered.
Students can easily apply for MA, MBA, MSc PhD, and many more popular courses for Nalanda University Admission. If a student wishes to apply to the PG courses, he or she will be required to submit a completed application form, a copy of their UG last examination pass certificate, as well as a copy of their last qualification.
- Diploma courses admission is offered on academic, and entrance test merit. While entries in certificate courses are possible with educational merit only.
- Those candidates who wish to apply for PG programs at Nalanada University must have their UG degree with 55%. Students can apply here in different streams such as Humanities, Sciences, Engineering, Management, Law, etc.
- CAT/XAT/MAT Entrance Exam is also conducted for some PG courses at NOU.
- For PhD courses, students must pass out PG course with a 65% score.
Nalanda University PG Admission
Those candidates who wish to apply for PG Courses must have UG degrees (Humanities, Sciences, Engineering, Management or Law etc) with a 55% minimum score. For MBA courses, Students have to appear in CAT or XAT or MAT and 70% is required in entrance to take Nalanda University MBA Admission.
- MA: to apply for the MA course provided by NU an important and needed qualification is the 12th standard that must be achieved by every candidate.
- MBA: a mandatory qualification for applying to an MBA program is to have a bachelor’s degree of BBA, B.Com, or BBM. This required that each candidate will be having at least a score of 55% and for this course passing a test CAT, MAT, or XAT is mandatory.
- MSc: Masters of Science is a degree program that can be taken in multiple specializations. The previous degree of students must be a BSc obtained in the streams of Biology, Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, or any other science stream with a 55% score.
- PG Diploma: This course is taught for a duration of 1 year within any stream. After completing a UG degree one can apply for the PG Diploma program. There must be a 50% score obtained by the student in the last exam.
- MCom: Masters of Commerce is a PG-level course with 2 years of duration. Those students who have UG degrees such as BCom BSc, and BTech can easily apply for Nalanda University MCom Admission. 55% score is required to the MCom course at Nalanda University.
- Applicants must hold a bachelor’s degree in a similar stream as per master’s degree from a recognized university.
- Applicants are required minimum of 55% or equivalent marks in Under Graduate Degree.
- Selection for admission will be done based on the entrance exam and merit list.
- Students from any stream i.e. Humanities/Sciences/Engineering/Management/Law etc. can apply for any program, however, students may not apply for more than two programs.
- Self-Introduction/Bio-Note Statement (Not more than 250 words).
Nalanda University PhD Admission
The application of candidates for the Ph.D. program will be submitted after the candidates have met the provided eligibility criteria according to which every aspirant having a PG degree in relevance is eligible. Its admission process will also involve an interview.
Nalanda University Application Form 2024
Application forms in online mode can be submitted and students can visit the campus as well. There will be an entrance test for which there will be an initial form and fee. Candidates after being shortlisted through the entrance exam will fill out the final admission forms for Nalanda University Admission.
How to Apply for Nalanda University Admission?
Interested applicants have to complete the Nalanda University admission process. There are following steps are mentioned below which must be completed properly with out any errors.
- The first step for application is the visiting of NU website @nalandauniv.edu.in.
- The application form will be downloaded by opening the admission portal on the site.
- There will be a requirement of adding personal or academic details to the form.
- For identification, purpose uploads a photograph.
- Academic certificates of the last degree must be uploaded in the form.
- A test slip will be issued online so that students can appear in the exam.
- The interview round will be organized by the University after the test.
Nalanda University Course Admissions
MA in Hindu Studies (Sanātana)
MA in World Literature
MBA in Sustainable Development and Management
MSc in Ecology and Environment Studies
MA in Historical Studies
MA in Buddhist Studies, Philosophy and Comparative Religions
PhD in World Literature
PhD in Sustainable Development and Management
PhD in Ecology and Environment Studies
PhD in Historical Studies
PhD in Buddhist Studies, Philosophy and Comparative Religions
PhD in Hindu Studies (Sanātana)
About Nalanda University
Nalanda University is listed among the top Universities and international institutes to provide historical, spiritual, philosophical, and intellectual studies. It is situated in the Rajgir city of Bihar and was founded in 1952.
The University offers Certificate, Postgraduate, PhD, and Diploma courses in a wide variety of specializations. Management, Science, are the main study fields offered by the university. For each degree program, merit in the last exam is considered the main selection criteria.
Nalanda University Contact Details:
- Address: Rajgir, Bihar 803116
- official website: https://nalandauniv.edu.in
Other Top Universities in Bihar-
- Patliputra University
- Rajendra Prasad Central Agricultural University
- Patna University
- Purnea University
- Maulana Mazharul Haque Arabic and Persian University
- Munger University
- Aryabhatta Knowledge University
- Veer Kunwar Singh University
- Magadh University
- Bhupendra Narayan Mandal University
Be the first to leave a review.