SASTRA University Admission 2024: Shanmugha Arts, Science, Technology & Research Academy, or SASTRA, is located in Thanjavur district, Tamil Nadu. The process of admission season 2024-25 starts on 14 March 2024 and ends on 16 June 2024 (undergraduate programs). Postgraduate admissions at this university start on 21 March 2024 and close on 30 June 2024. The application forms for 2024 will be filled and submitted online on the website of university.
SASTRA is recognized by UGC, ICMAI, ICAI, BCI, AICTE, and NAAC. It has approx. Seven hundred faculty members, two campuses (Chennai and Thanjavur). It is also providing affiliations to 22 colleges. Around 150 courses are offered at this institute in the fields of Engineering, Science, Arts, Technology, Law, and Management. BA, B.Tech in Computer Science and Engineering, BTech Civil Engineering, BSc, MSc, and MTech Mechanical Engineering are popular courses of this institute.
SASTRA University Courses Admission 2024
- BA (multiple specializations) Eligibility: Applicants who have completed his/her 10+2 education can apply for the BA program of SASTRA. Its admissions are merit-based.
- B.Tech in Computer Science and Engineering Eligibility: Passing 10+2 with 50% marks and PCM subjects is making the applicant eligible for this program’s admissions. Its admission process will be based on the SET-2024 entrance exam.
- MSc Eligibility: SASTRA is providing an MSc program in multiple specializations. Its eligibility is passing a Bachelor’s degree in a relevant specialization with 50% marks. Admissions are entrance exam-based.
- MTech Mechanical Engineering Eligibility: BTech or BE Mechanical Engineering holders can apply for this course. The admission process followed for this course is GATE/SRET score-based. The application fee is INR 2000.
SASTRA University Admission Highlights
|University Name||SASTRA University|
|Type of University||Deemed University|
|University Contact Number||04362 264 101|
|UG Courses||B.Tech,B.Com, BA-LLB, B.Com-LLB, BBA-LLB|
|PG Courses||M.Tech, M.Sc., MBA, MCA|
|Location||Thirumalaisamudram, Thanjavur, Tamil Nadu 613401|
SASTRA University Admission 2024
The university offers various UG and PG-level courses to its students. Courses including BTech, BOptm, MTech, MSc, BEd, BCom, MBA & more are available for enrollment at Sastra University. Sastra University admission last date has been announced at University’s official web portal.
The university offers a wide variety of engineering programs such as a Bachelor of Technology and a Master of Technology in a number of specializations. Students who wish to enroll in any of the courses offered by the university must meet the eligibility criteria in order to be considered for admission.
Candidates who have cleared their 12th board exams with a minimum mark of 50% in Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics can apply for any of the engineering courses at the undergraduate level. SASTRA University requires bachelor’s degrees in relevant fields for students wishing to pursue higher studies such as master’s degrees.
SASTRA University UG Admission 2024
The mode of UG admission will be entrance based. Admission to 70% of seats will be on the basis of normalized +2 aggregate marks & JEE Mains score. Rest 30% of seat allotment will be based on +2 aggregate only.
The application form for admission to various UG, PG & Integrated programs is available on the official website. Interested students can apply for admission to BA.LLB, B.Com.LLB & BBA.LLB though @sastra.edu.
- B.Optom: As a four-year program in Optometry, the Bachelor of Optometry (abbreviated as B.Optom) is offered by SASTRA University. The curriculum focuses on the study of the eye and its connected organs, refractive error correction, and eye disease treatment. Students need a 10+2 pass from a recognized board from Science background to pursue this program.
- BCom: Bachelor of Commerce is the expanded form of the BCom course. It is a UG course that lasts for 3 years. Admission to the BCom degree will be based on the merit list criteria at SASTRA University. Students who have completed their 12th class from any recognized board can apply for admission.
SASTRA University B.Tech Admission
- Candidates can apply for SASTRA University B.Tech Admission, through the official website.
- Candidate must have attained at least 60% in one attempt in 12th grade, with Physics, Maths, and Chemistry, or Bio-Technology, Computer Science, or Biology, from a recognized board. Students choosing vocational subjects need to have taken theory subjects/classes in order to be eligible.
- Candidates with an Engineering/Technology diploma can apply directly to the second year of the B.Tech program (Lateral Entry). Candidates are admitted based on their scores on the JEE Main and 12th boards, with a normalization process in between. An admission list is then published after the normalization process.
SASTRA University PG Admission 2024
MA, M.Tech, M.Sc, M.Optom, MCA, and MFA are the PG popular programs offered at Sastra University. Technical, Science, Computer, and Fine arts fields have a variety of subject choices as well as courses available for the student’s admission.
Applicants need to finish their graduation degree from a relevant stream study and for some of the courses, students must clear the entrance examination which is a must for the student’s selection.
- MCA: Master of Computer Application is offered by the university to candidates who have a UG degree (BCA degree holders will be preferred) with a minimum of 50% marks from any UGC-approved university.
- MTech: Master of Technology is a technical PG degree. Admission to MTech programme will start soon and only eligible candidates will be able to apply. BTech degree holder will be preferred.
- MSc: Master of Science is a postgraduate degree that can be pursued by a student who has completed a BSc degree from any recognized university. The degree can be completed in a minimum duration of 2 years. A BSc degree holder will be preferred for admission to an MSc degree.
- MBA: Sastra University offers a Master of Business Administration course with 2 years of duration. BBA, BCA, BA degree holders can apply for MBA Admission at Sastra University. Admission will be based on the entrance exam and merit score.
- MOptom: Masters of Optometry course is a PG level with 2 years duration course at Sastra University. Those applicants who have a BOptom degree can opt for this Sastra University MOptom course.
SASTRA University MSc Admission
Master of Science is a postgraduate degree that can be pursued by a student who has completed a BSc degree from any recognized university. The degree can be completed in a minimum duration of 2 years. The university is offering admission in 5 specializations of MSc. Here is the list of Specializations.
- MSc Biotechnology
- MSc Bioinformatics
- MSc Chemistry
- MSc Physics
- MSc Data Science
SASTRA University PhD Admission 2024
It is an ideal opportunity for learners to enroll in research-level courses. The variety of fields of research available at Ph.D. levels like Engineering/Technology, Humanities, Arts and Sciences, Management, Education, Law & more.
A minimum of about 55% marks or an equivalent score in a PG degree is mandatory to apply for the SASTRA University PhD admission.
SASTRA University Application Form 2024
Sastra University will start the application process for various technical and professional courses at the undergraduate and postgraduate levels. There are three campuses of Sastra University – Thanjavur, Chennai, and Kumbskona, which have commenced application forms in online mode. Interested students can then submit their preferred program application form for a fee of INR 650.
For BTech, Law, MTech, MCA, and MBA courses, the Sastra University admission fee is INR 650, and for BBA, BCA, BSc, BCom, BCom, MSc, M.Com, the candidate must pay INR 350. The admission fee is paid through a demand draft addressed to SASTRA. The demand draft is payable at Thanjavur.
How To Apply for SASTRA University Online Admission?
At online www.sastra.edu students can submit application from for SASTRA University Admission by following the instructions. aspirants may read the procedure mentioned below.
- Visit the official website of Sastra University to start the online admission process.
- Application form in the online format is also accessible from the Sastra University Campuses websites.
- Complete the online application form by entering personal, communicational, and academic details.
- Mark your course preference.
- Select college.
- Upload documents in the scanned format.
- Proceed to the payment gateway.
- Deposit admission or tuition fee.
- Submit the Sastra University application form and download E-receipt.
The admission form can be submitted offline. Applicants can download the admission form and pay the admission form through a demand draft. The demand draft is addressed to SASTRA, and it can be paid at Thanjavur. Fill out the admission form and submit it to the address mentioned below:
SASTRA Deemed University, Tirumalaisamudram, Thanjavur, Tamil Nadu, pin code- 613401
- Migration certificate
- Transfer certificate
- Caste certificate
- Demand draft
- Mark sheets
- Original degree
- Provisional degrees
Sastra University Result
Sastra University will soon officially announce the result for both the even and odd semester examinations at the level of UG and PG courses. Students can check their results online for the courses such as LLB, BA, BSc, B-Tech, B.Ed, BBA, BCA, B.Com, MA, M.Com, MBA, MFA, MSc, and M-Tech. By logging into their Sastra University accounts, all students who took the SU semester test may see their results.
How To Check Sastra University Results?
Some steps are necessary to know for students who want to get their results for the even or odd examination. Through the following mentioned steps:
- Open the link https://www.sastra.edu/ and enter the Sastra University site.
- A menu bar will appear on the screen from which students will select the examination bar.
- Into the examination, the menu goes to the resulting site.
- Choose the right link of results to your course.
- Clicking on the link will open the result in pdf.
SASTRA University Course Admissions
|B.Tech. Aerospace Engineering||4 Years|
|B.Tech. Bioengineering||4 Years|
|B.Tech. Electronics & Communication Engineering||4 Years|
|B.Tech. Electronics & Instrumentation Engineering||4 Years|
|B.Tech. Information & Communication Technology||4 Years|
|B.Tech. Information Technology||4 Years|
|B.Tech. Mechanical Engineering||4 Years|
|B.Tech. Mechatronics||4 Years|
|B.Tech. Programs in all the above thro’ Lateral Entry (II yr.)||3 Years|
|B.Tech. Bioinformatics||4 Years|
|B.Tech. Biotechnology||4 Years|
|B.Tech. Civil Engineering||4 Years|
|B.Tech. Chemical Engineering||4 Years|
|B.Tech. Computer Science & Engineering||4 Years|
|B.Tech. Electrical & Electronics Engineering||4 Years|
|B.Com (Computer Applications)||3 Years|
|Post Graduate Courses|
|M.Tech. Communication Systems||2 Years|
|M.Tech. Advanced Computing||2 Years|
|M.Tech. Advanced Manufacturing (Jointly with M/s Lucas TVS Ltd.)||2 Years|
|M.Tech. Bioinformatics||2 Years|
|M.Tech. Chemical Engineering||2 Years|
|M.Tech. Computer Science & Engineering||2 Years|
|M.Sc. Physics||2 Years|
|M.Sc. Material Sciences||2 Years|
|M.Sc. Molecular Biology & Genetics / Microbiology||2 Years|
|M.Sc. Bio Informatics||2 Years|
|M.Sc. Applied Electronics||2 Years|
|M.Tech. Construction Engineering & Management||2 Years|
|M.Tech. Embedded Systems||2 Years|
|M.Tech. High Voltage Engineering||2 Years|
|M.Tech. Industrial Biotechnology||2 Years|
|M.Tech. Instrumentation & Control||2 Years|
|M.Tech. Medical Nanotechnology||2 Years|
|M.Tech. Nanoelectronics||2 Years|
|M.Tech. Nuclear Engineering||2 Years|
|M.Tech. Power Electronics & Drives||2 Years|
|M.Tech. Pharmaceutical Technology||2 Years|
|M.Tech. Power Systems||2 Years|
|M.Tech. Structural Engineering||2 Years|
|M.Tech. Thermal Engineering||2 Years|
|M.Tech. VLSI Design||2 Years|
|M.Sc. Biotechnology||2 Years|
|M.Sc. Chemistry / Bio-Chemistry||2 Years|
|Master of Business Administration (MBA)||2 Years|
|Master of Computer Applications (MCA)||3 Years|
|M.Tech. Advanced Manufacturing (Integrated Course)||5 Years|
|M.Tech. Automobile Engineering (Integrated Course)||5 Years|
|M.Tech. Bioinformatics (Integrated Course)||5 Years|
|M.Tech. Biotechnology (Integrated Course)||5 Years|
|M.Tech. Chemical Engineering (Integrated Course)||5 Years|
|M.Tech. Communication Systems (Integrated Course)||5 Years|
|M.Tech. Construction Engineering & Management (Integrated Course)||5 Years|
|M.Tech. Instrumentation & Control (Integrated Course)||5 Years|
|M.Tech. Medical Nanotechnology (Integrated Course)||5 Years|
|M.Tech. Power Systems (Integrated Course)||5 Years|
|B.A., LL.B.(Hons.)/ B.Com.,LL.B.(Hons.) /B.B.A., LL.B.(Hons.) (Integrated Course)||5 Years|
SASTRA University Prospectus
The dreams of its establishment fathers took shape in 1984 in the form of Shanmugha College of Engineering, which is now rechristened, SHANMUGHA ARTS, SCIENCE, TECHNOLOGY & RESEARCH ACADEMY (SASTRA). Our programs, substructure, teaching-learning, etc., are amongst the country’s finest. SASTRA has always been active in its academic planning and trusts in ahead the first-mover advantage.
SASTRA University Fees Structure
B.Tech / M.Tech (5-yrs Integrated Programmes)
|Tuition Fees||INR Rs. 65,000 per semester|
|Development Fees||INR Rs. 10,000 (one-time during admission)|
|Other fees (Sports, Unit Tests, Marks verification, Personality Development, Medical Test, ID Card, etc.)||INR Rs. 7,000 (one-time during admission)|
SASTRA University Affiliated Colleges List:
- Sastra University-School of Civil Engineering, Thanjavur
- Sastra University, School of Management, Thanjavur, Thanjavur
- Sastra University-School of Mechanical Engineering, Thanjavur
- Srinivasa Ramanujan Centre, Kumbakonam
- Sastra University-School of Chemical & Biotechnology, Thanjavur
- Sastra University – School of Law – SU-SL – Thanjavur, Thanjavur
- Sastra University – School of Electrical & Electronics Engineering, Thanjavur
- Sastra University – School of Humanities & Sciences, Thanjavur
- Sastra University-School of Computing, Thanjavur
SASTRA University Schools
- School of Chemical & Biotechnology
- School of Civil Engineering
- School of Computing
- School of Electrical & Electronics Engineering
- School of Humanities & Sciences
- School of Management
- School of Mechanical Engineering
- School of Law
SASTRA University Campus Life
- Physical Facilities
- Learning Resource’
- Bank & Post Office
- Canteen & Bookstore
- Video Tour
- Campus Map
- Central Animal Facility
About SASTRA University
SASTRA University offers some of the finest programs, teaching methods, etc., in the country. SASTRA has always been proactive in its instructional planning and believes in gaining a competitive edge over the competition. It offers doctoral programs and has modern laboratories, a well-stocked library, and an excellent computing facility. SASTRA University offers several scholarships to provide financial aid to its students and to help students continue their education.
It offers M.Tech Advanced Manufacturing (in collaboration with Lucas TVS Limited), BA, LL.B. (Hons.)/ B.Com., LL.B. (Hons.) / BBA, LL.B. (Hons.) (Integrated Courses), B.Tech. Electronics & Instrumentation Engineering Courses. The library is regularly supplemented with books, periodicals, journals, magazines, and other publications. The campus spreads over 2,000,000 square feet.
SASTRA Contact Details:
- Address: Thirumalaisamudram, Thanjavur, Tamil Nadu 613401
- Phone: 04362 264 101
- Sastra University Official Website: www.sastra.edu
Other Best Universities of Tamil Nadu-
- Periyar University
- Indian Maritime University
- Tamil Nadu Physical Education and Sports University
- Prist University
- Vellore Institute of Technology
- Avinashilingam University
- Central University Of Tamil Nadu
- The Tamil Nadu Dr. Ambedkar Law University
- Bharathidasan University
- Thiruvalluvar University
- Dr Mgr Medical University
Note: All the fees & dates listed above for SASTRA University Admission are tentative. Please visit the University’s official website to verify.
Be the first to leave a review.