SASTRA University Admission 2023: SASTRA University will soon release the application form for the next session. Students who want to be admitted to any of the UG, PG, or PhD courses must fill out the application form before the last date. Generally, the university admission form is released in the month of July.
SASTRA University Latest Updates
- The university has extended the due dates for payment of tuition fees for 2nd semester of UG/PG/Int PG and higher semesters of Law/Education till 23 February 2023. (Source)
- The admission process will start soon at SASTRA for the academic session 2023-24.
- Students can check the official website for more updates on admission.
SASTRA University is a deemed university in Thanjavur, Tamil Nadu, which was established in 1984. The university grant commission has approved the University. The University offers UG & PG courses in different fields of education like IT, Science, Commerce, Management & more. Apart from regular traditional programs, SASTRA also provides integrated programs of a duration of five years.
Furthermore, the university is accredited by the NAAC and offers UG, PG, and PhD programs in a number of specializations. The admissions process at this university is both merits and entrance-based.
For the detailed information related to the university students are requested to go till the end of the article where we have jotted down important and interesting points related to the university.
SASTRA University Admission 2023 Highlights
|University Name||SASTRA University|
|Type of University||Deemed University|
|University Contact Number||04362 264 101|
|UG Courses||B.Tech,B.Com, BA-LLB, B.Com-LLB, BBA-LLB|
|Location||Thirumalaisamudram, Thanjavur, Tamil Nadu 613401|
www.sastra.edu Admission 2023
The portal for Sastra University admission will soon be live for the new academic session. Generally, the University releases its admission forms in the month of July. The university offers various UG and PG-level courses to its students. Courses like BTech, BOptm, MTech, MSc, BEd, BCom, MBA & more are available for enrollment at Sastra University.
It has engineering programs like bachelor of technology and master of technology in many specializations. The students must be required to meet the eligibility criteria in order to take admission to any of the courses.
The students who have cleared their 12th board exams with a minimum mark of 50% with science stream and Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics as core subjects can apply for any of the engineering courses at the UG level. The students seeking higher studies like a master’s degree need to obtain a bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline for admission at SASTRA University.
SASTRA University UG Admission
Sastra University Admission to BTech & 5 Years integrated MTech programs are going on. The mode of UG admission will be entrance based. Admission to 70% of seats will be on the basis of normalized +2 aggregate marks & JEE Mains score. Rest 30% of seat allotment will be based on +2 aggregate only.
The application form for admission to various UG, PG & Integrated programs is available on the official website. Interested students can apply for admission to BA.LLB, B.Com.LLB & BBA.LLB though @sastra.edu.
SASTRA University B.Tech Admission
- Candidates can apply for SASTRA University B.Tech Admission, through the official website.
- Candidate must have attained at least 60% in one attempt in 12th grade, with Physics, Maths, and Chemistry, or Bio-Technology, Computer Science, or Biology, from a recognized board. Students choosing vocational subjects need to have taken theory subjects/classes in order to be eligible.
- Candidates with an Engineering/Technology diploma can apply directly to the second year of the B.Tech program (Lateral Entry). Candidates are admitted based on their scores on the JEE Main and 12th boards, with a normalization process in between. An admission list is then published after the normalization process.
SASTRA University PG Admission
MA, M.Tech, M.Sc, M.Optom, MCA, and MFA are the PG popular programs offered at Sastra University. Technical, Science, Computer, and Fine arts fields have a variety of subject choices as well as courses available for the student’s admission.
Applicants need to finish their graduation degree from a relevant stream study and for some of the courses, students must clear the entrance examination which is a must for the student’s selection. The Fresh 2023 academic session starts in July 2023.
SASTRA University PhD Admission
SASTRA Deemed University will commence the registration for PhD courses for the session 2023-24. It is an ideal opportunity for learners to enroll in research-level courses. The variety of fields of research available at Ph.D. levels like Engineering / Technology, Humanities, Arts and Sciences, Management, Education, Law & more.
A minimum of about 55% marks or an equivalent score in a PG degree is mandatory to apply for the SASTRA University PhD admission.
SASTRA University Application Form 2023
SASTRA University admission form will soon be uploaded to the website, and it can be submitted online or offline at the student’s convenience. Applicants must pay an admission fee, and the admission fee depends upon the courses they are applying for.
For BTech, Law, MTech, MCA, and MBA courses, the Sastra University admission fee is INR 650, and for BBA, BCA, BSc, BCom, BCom, MSc, M.Com, the candidate must pay INR 350. The admission fee is paid through a demand draft addressed to SASTRA. The demand draft is payable at Thanjavur.
How To Apply for SASTRA University Online Admission?
- Open the SASTRA University Admission website: sastra.edu.
- Sign up on the admission portal. Share Student’s Name, Course, email address, campus, age, mobile number, and confirm email address. After signing up, you will receive an email containing your registration number and password. Use the registration number and password to log in.
- Log in using the credentials. Fill out your basic and academic scores on the admission form. Share your Academic scores, subjects, school details, university details, and entrance examination scores such as JEE Main.
- Admission Fee: Applicants must pay an admission fee. The admission fee for BTech, law, MBA, MTech, and MCA courses is INR 650, and for BBA, BCA, BSc, MCom, BCom, BSc, and BCom is INR 350. The admission fee must be paid through credit cards, internet banking, or debit cards.
- Upload the necessary certificates, pictures, mark sheets, and signatures.
- Submit the admission form. Click the SUBMIT button to submit the form.
The admission form can be submitted offline. Applicants can download the admission form and pay the admission form through a demand draft. The demand draft is addressed to SASTRA, and it can be paid at Thanjavur. Fill out the admission form and submit it to the address mentioned below:
SASTRA Deemed University, Tirumalaisamudram, Thanjavur, Tamil Nadu, pin code- 613401
- Migration certificate
- Transfer certificate
- Caste certificate
- Demand draft
- Mark sheets
- Original degree
- Provisional degrees
Sastra University Result
Sastra University will soon officially announce the result for both the even and odd semester examinations at the level of UG and PG courses. Students can check their results online for the courses such as LLB, BA, BSc, B-Tech, B.Ed, BBA, BCA, B.Com, MA, M.Com, MBA, MFA, MSc, and M-Tech. By logging into their Sastra University accounts, all students who took the SU semester test may see their results.
How To Check Sastra University results?
Some steps are necessary to know for students who want to get their results for the even or odd examination. Through the following mentioned steps:
- Open the link https://www.sastra.edu/ and enter the Sastra University site.
- A menu bar will appear on the screen from which students will select the examination bar.
- Into the examination, the menu goes to the resulting site.
- Choose the right link of results to your course.
- Clicking on the link will open the result in pdf.
SASTRA University Course Admissions
|B.Tech. Aerospace Engineering||4 Years|
|B.Tech. Bioengineering||4 Years|
|B.Tech. Electronics & Communication Engineering||4 Years|
|B.Tech. Electronics & Instrumentation Engineering||4 Years|
|B.Tech. Information & Communication Technology||4 Years|
|B.Tech. Information Technology||4 Years|
|B.Tech. Mechanical Engineering||4 Years|
|B.Tech. Mechatronics||4 Years|
|B.Tech. Programs in all the above thro’ Lateral Entry (II yr.)||3 Years|
|B.Tech. Bioinformatics||4 Years|
|B.Tech. Biotechnology||4 Years|
|B.Tech. Civil Engineering||4 Years|
|B.Tech. Chemical Engineering||4 Years|
|B.Tech. Computer Science & Engineering||4 Years|
|B.Tech. Electrical & Electronics Engineering||4 Years|
|B.Com (Computer Applications)||3 Years|
|Post Graduate Courses|
|M.Tech. Communication Systems||2 Years|
|M.Tech. Advanced Computing||2 Years|
|M.Tech. Advanced Manufacturing (Jointly with M/s Lucas TVS Ltd.)||2 Years|
|M.Tech. Bioinformatics||2 Years|
|M.Tech. Chemical Engineering||2 Years|
|M.Tech. Computer Science & Engineering||2 Years|
|M.Sc. Physics||2 Years|
|M.Sc. Material Sciences||2 Years|
|M.Sc. Molecular Biology & Genetics / Microbiology||2 Years|
|M.Sc. Bio Informatics||2 Years|
|M.Sc. Applied Electronics||2 Years|
|M.Tech. Construction Engineering & Management||2 Years|
|M.Tech. Embedded Systems||2 Years|
|M.Tech. High Voltage Engineering||2 Years|
|M.Tech. Industrial Biotechnology||2 Years|
|M.Tech. Instrumentation & Control||2 Years|
|M.Tech. Medical Nanotechnology||2 Years|
|M.Tech. Nanoelectronics||2 Years|
|M.Tech. Nuclear Engineering||2 Years|
|M.Tech. Power Electronics & Drives||2 Years|
|M.Tech. Pharmaceutical Technology||2 Years|
|M.Tech. Power Systems||2 Years|
|M.Tech. Structural Engineering||2 Years|
|M.Tech. Thermal Engineering||2 Years|
|M.Tech. VLSI Design||2 Years|
|M.Sc. Biotechnology||2 Years|
|M.Sc. Chemistry / Bio-Chemistry||2 Years|
|Master of Business Administration (MBA)||2 Years|
|Master of Computer Applications (MCA)||3 Years|
|M.Tech. Advanced Manufacturing (Integrated Course)||5 Years|
|M.Tech. Automobile Engineering (Integrated Course)||5 Years|
|M.Tech. Bioinformatics (Integrated Course)||5 Years|
|M.Tech. Biotechnology (Integrated Course)||5 Years|
|M.Tech. Chemical Engineering (Integrated Course)||5 Years|
|M.Tech. Communication Systems (Integrated Course)||5 Years|
|M.Tech. Construction Engineering & Management (Integrated Course)||5 Years|
|M.Tech. Instrumentation & Control (Integrated Course)||5 Years|
|M.Tech. Medical Nanotechnology (Integrated Course)||5 Years|
|M.Tech. Power Systems (Integrated Course)||5 Years|
|B.A., LL.B.(Hons.)/ B.Com.,LL.B.(Hons.) /B.B.A., LL.B.(Hons.) (Integrated Course)||5 Years|
SASTRA University Prospectus
The dreams of its establishment fathers took shape in 1984 in the form of Shanmugha College of Engineering, which is now rechristened, SHANMUGHA ARTS, SCIENCE, TECHNOLOGY & RESEARCH ACADEMY (SASTRA). Our programs, substructure, teaching-learning, etc., are amongst the country’s finest. SASTRA has always been active in its academic planning and trusts in ahead the first-mover advantage.
SASTRA University Fees Structure
B.Tech / M.Tech (5-yrs Integrated Programmes)
|Tuition Fees||INR Rs. 65,000 per semester|
|Development Fees||INR Rs. 10,000 (one-time during admission)|
|Other fees (Sports, Unit Tests, Marks verification, Personality Development, Medical Test, ID Card, etc.)||INR Rs. 7,000 (one-time during admission)|
SASTRA University Affiliated Colleges List:
- Sastra University-School of Civil Engineering, Thanjavur
- Sastra University, School of Management, Thanjavur, Thanjavur
- Sastra University-School of Mechanical engineering, Thanjavur
- Srinivasa Ramanujan Centre, Kumbakonam
- Sastra University-School of Chemical & Biotechnology, Thanjavur
- Sastra University – School of Law – SU-SL – Thanjavur, Thanjavur
- Sastra University – School of Electrical & Electronics Engineering, Thanjavur
- Sastra University – School of Humanities & Sciences, Thanjavur
- Sastra University-School of Computing, Thanjavur
SASTRA University Schools
- School of Chemical & Biotechnology
- School of Civil Engineering
- School of Computing
- School of Electrical & Electronics Engineering
- School of Humanities & Sciences
- School of Management
- School of Mechanical Engineering
- School of Law
SASTRA University Campus Life
- Physical Facilities
- Learning Resource’
- Bank & Post Office
- Canteen & Bookstore
- Video Tour
- Campus Map
- Central Animal Facility
About SASTRA University
SASTRA University offers some of the finest programs, teaching methods, etc., in the country. SASTRA has always been proactive in its instructional planning and believes in gaining a competitive edge over the competition. It offers doctoral programs and has modern laboratories, a well-stocked library, and an excellent computing facility. SASTRA University offers several scholarships to provide financial aid to its students and to help students continue their education.
It offers M.Tech Advanced Manufacturing (in collaboration with Lucas TVS Limited), BA, LL.B. (Hons.)/ B.Com., LL.B. (Hons.)/ BBA, LL.B. (Hons.) (Integrated Courses), B.Tech. Electronics & Instrumentation Engineering Courses. The library is regularly supplemented with books, periodicals, journals, magazines, and other publications. The campus spreads over 2,000,000 square feet.
SASTRA Contact Details:
- Address: Thirumalaisamudram, Thanjavur, Tamil Nadu 613401
- Phone: 04362 264 101
- Sastra University Official Website: www.sastra.edu
Other Best Universities of Tamil Nadu-
- Periyar University
- Indian Maritime University
- Tamil Nadu Physical Education and Sports University
- Prist University
- Vellore Institute of Technology
- Avinashilingam University
- Central University Of Tamil Nadu
- The Tamil Nadu Dr. Ambedkar Law University
- Bharathidasan University
- Thiruvalluvar University
- Dr Mgr Medical University
Note: All the fees & dates listed above for SASTRA University Admission are tentative. Please visit the University’s official website to verify.
Be the first to leave a review.