Sikkim University Admission 2023: Online registration or application to Sikkim University courses at the undergraduate, and postgraduate levels will begin on 30 April 2023 (Tentative). The submission window for various courses’ admission in Sikkim University would not cross the deadline of 30 October 2023 (Tentative). Many lucrative academic learning opportunities are available at university in the following disciplines arts, science, business & management, library science, law, tourism, and much more.
Admission to Sikkim University for the 2023 session can only be obtained by reaching the official portal, www.cus.ac.in. Sikkim University’s online application window makes the admissions process more convenient for applicants.
- The application form fee at Sikkim University for undergraduate, and postgraduate courses is 650, and 800 Indian Rupees.
- NTA organizes the common university entrance test (CUET) that is used to offer admission to Sikkim University.
- Phd application form fee for general category candidates is 1,000 Indian Rupees.
Sikkim University Admission Highlights
|University Name||Sikkim University|
|Type of University||Central University|
|UG, PG Courses||B.Sc, M.Sc, BCA, MCA, M.Com, MA, MBA, BPA, MPA, BA, LLB, LLM,|
|Diploma Courses||PG Diploma in Tea Plantation Development and Management, Diploma in Tourism and Service Industry,|
|Other Courses||M.phil, Ph.D|
|Address||SIKKIM UNIVERSITY MILE, SAMDUR, P. O.: TADONG-737102 GANGTOK, SIKKIM|
Sikkim University Admission 2023
Sikkim University will soon provide undergraduate courses and postgraduate and Ph.D. programs for admission in 2023. The university offers courses in multiple specializations such as Peace and Conflict Management and Studies, Microbiology, International Politics, Social systems, Anthropology, International Relations, etc. The registration and application process is both online and offline. Students can fill out the application form on the university site, submit it in person, or post it to the university admission office.
The admission process is based on qualifying tests. Applicants must clear the entrance test to be accepted by the university. Admission to most undergraduate and postgraduate courses is based on the Central Admission Test scores. For Ph.D. admission, the university conducts the admission test. The university is expected to release the application form soon, and the last date to submit the application form is likely to be in July. The exact dates will be posted on this website.
During the application and registration process, applicants must pay an application fee. The application fee is INR 700 for general students and INR 500 for reserved students (SC/ST). The admission fee must be paid using debit cards, internet banking, or credit cards.
The university has released the reservation guidelines followed for 2023 admissions. The reservation is listed below:
- Applicants from Jammu and Kashmir will receive two reserved seats based on the merit of the last passing level.
- AICTE conducts a counseling session process for the PMSSS scholarship scheme. Beneficiaries of this scheme will have reserved seats.
- 10% of the total seats are reserved for international students.
- Applicants from China, Pakistan, Myanmar, Bangladesh, and Afghanistan will be accepted based on the decision from the Indian Government through the Indian Council of Cultural Relations.
- Nepali and Bhutan students will be accepted based on the policy mentioned above.
- The university reserves 10% of the students from Economically Weaker Sections. Applicants must prove that their family’s gross annual income is less than the poverty line(INR 3 lakhs).
- Applicants prepared for the Sikkim University Postgraduate Merit List will receive a 10% weightage.
Sikkim University UG Admission
The university will soon provide admission to various UG courses such as BA (Chinese), BPA Music, BA Psychology, BSc Psychology, etc. Applicants must have completed Class 12 from a reputed school and passed the class 12 final examination from a recognized board.
Students who want to pursue a BA (Chinese) must have class 12 with a minimum of 50%. The student must have selected relevant subjects in their 12th. The admission is based on scores from entrance tests conducted by the university.
The eligibility criteria for BSc in Psychology and a BA in Psychology are similar. Applicants must have a class 12 certificate with an overall aggregate of 50%. Students must have selected subjects relevant to the field, and admission to the courses is test-based.
- BSc: Those candidates who have completed their 12th-grade education in the science stream and want to make their career or gain higher education in the field of science can choose a Bachelor of Science degree. It is an undergraduate-level degree course offered by Sikkim University in some disciplines such as BSc in Nursing, Health Information Administration, Medical Imaging Technology, Medical Laboratory Technology, etc. Students are required to pass a minimum 12th or any diploma.
Sikkim University PG admission
The university will offer LLM, MCom, MEd, MPA, MCA, MBA, MTTM, and MA (in Anthropology, Education, Political Science, Sociology, International Relations, Nepali, Mass Communication, Economics, Hindi, History, Lepcha, Limba, Chinese, Bhutia, English, Psychology, Geography, etc.), MSc (Geography, Anthropology, Psychology, Botany, Microbiology, Horticulture, Chemistry, Zoology, Geology, Physics, Mathematics, Environmental Science, etc.).
Students who want to apply for the PG course must have graduated from a recognized university with a degree relevant to the courses they are applying for. MA applicants must have a BA (Hons) degree relevant to the field. The university conducts a qualifying test for the MA Aspirants.
For MSc admission, students must have a BSc degree relevant to the field they are applying for. Admission is based on entrance test scores, and the university conducts the admission test for all the MSc programs.
Sikkim University Application Form 2023
When applying for admission at Sikkim University, an application form needs to be filled out in order for the application to be considered for admission. There is no doubt that the application form will be released as soon as possible, and the exact dates will be posted once the university announces them, which will be as soon as possible once the university releases the application form. When the application form is posted on the university’s website, it will be possible for students to download it and fill it out.
It will be uploaded under the 2023 admission section. Places share your professional, academic, and personal details on the blank fields in the application form. Upload the necessary mark sheets, certificates, and xerox copies on the application form and submit them online on the portal.
After submitting the application form, pay an application fee. The application fee is INR 700 for general students and INR 350 for reserved students (SC/ST). Follow the steps below to complete the application form:
How To Apply for Sikkim University Online Admission 2023?
- Visit the official site using this link: https://cus.ac.in/index.php/en/.
- Select the college of your choice and enroll.
- Register on the university portal using your first name, mobile number, middle name, email address, last name, and category.
- Select the pattern option box.
- Upload a passport-size photo. The photo must be colored in jpeg format and must not exceed 1 MB.
- You will receive the Sikkim University Registration Number.
- Pay the admission fee using internet banking, debit cards, or credit cards. The resignation fee is INR 700 for general students and INR 350 for reserved students (ST/PWD/SC).
- Attach the necessary certificates and mark sheets and submit them online on the admission portal.
The university released a provisional list of selected students. Please note that the provisional list is not the final merit list. Students listed in the provisional list are invited for the final admission round or counseling session.
Students who do not attend the counseling session will not be accepted, and their application forms will be canceled. Applicants must carry the documents listed below for the verification process, and they should bring original and self-attested photocopies.
- Marksheet of the qualifying test
- Original or provisional degree
- Birth certificate
- Caste certificate for students from SC/ST/EWS/PWD/OBC
- Migration certificate
- Transfer Certificate
- Admission Fee receipt
- Registration Certificate
- NSS certificate(The certificate must prove that you have completed 200 hours of volunteering).
- Sports Certificate(The certificate must show that the individual has been participating in any sport for the last three years.)
Sikkim University Prospectus
M.S Swaminathan was the first chancellor of the university, and Mahendra P. Lama was the first vice chancellor of the university. In 2008 university initially started from four departments viz. There are four departments within the College: the Department of Social System and Anthropology, the Department of Peace and Conflict Studies and Management, the Department of Intercontinental Relations/Politics, and the Department of Microbiology. The Sikkim University is well known as one of the largest academic and research hubs in the country, and it is known for its ability to produce well-trained professionals who are absorbed worldwide.
Sikkim University Course Admissions
|Post Graduate Diploma in Travel & Tourism Management||2 Years|
|B.Tech. (Applied Electronics and Instrumentation)||4 Years|
|Post Graduate Diploma in Bioinformatics (PGDBI)||2 Year|
|Post Graduate Diploma in Dietetics||2 Year|
|B.Tech. (Civil Engineering)||4 Years|
|B.Tech. (Computer Engineering)||4 Years|
|B.Tech. (Computer Science and Engineering)||4 Years|
|B.Tech. (Electrical and Electronics Engineering)||4 Years|
|B.Tech. (Electronics & Communication Engineering)||4 Years|
|B.Tech. (Mechanical Engineering)||4 Years|
|M.Sc. (Nanotechnology)||2 Years|
|M.Tech. (Digital Electronics & Communication)||2 Years|
|M.Tech. (Information Technology)||2 Years|
|M.Tech. (Power Electronics)||2 Years|
|B.Sc. (Health Information Administration)||3 Years|
|B.Sc. (Medical Imaging Technology)||3 Years|
|B.Sc. (Medical Laboratory Technology)||3 Years|
|B.Sc. (Nursing)||4 Years|
|M.P.T. (Sports-Physiotherapy)||2 Years|
|M.Sc. (Medical Physiology)||2 Years|
|Diploma in Medical Laboratory Technology (DMLT)||2 Years|
|B.Sc. (Hospitality and Catering Technology)||3 Years|
|B.Sc. + M.Sc. (Chemistry)||5 Years|
|B.Sc. + M.Sc. (Mathematics)||5 Years|
|B.Sc. + M.Sc. (Physics)||5 Years|
|M.Sc. (Bioinformatics)||2 Years|
|M.Sc. (Chemistry)||2 Years|
|M.Sc. (Clinical Research)||2 Years|
|M.Sc. (Computer Science)||2 Years|
|M.Sc. (Mathematics)||2 Years|
|M.Sc. (Medical Biochemistry)||2 Years|
|M.Sc. (Medical Biotechnology)||2 Years|
|M.Sc. (Medical Microbiology)||2 Years|
|M.Sc. (Physics)||2 Years|
|M.B.A. (Health Care Management)||2 Years|
|Master in Hospital Administration||2 Years|
|Diploma in Hospital Management||1 Year|
|Post Graduate Diploma in Business Administration||1 Year|
|B.J.M.C. (Electronic Media)||3 Years|
|M.Sc. (Information Technology)||2 Years|
|M.Tech. (Computer Science and Engineering)||2 Years|
|Diploma in Information Technology||12 Months|
|Post Graduate Diploma in Computer Applications (P.G.D.C.A.)||1 Year|
|Post Graduate Diploma in Information Technology (PGDIT)||1 Year|
|M.A. (Mass Communication & Journalism)||2 Years|
|B.Sc. (Information Technology)||3 Years|
|B.Tech. (Information Technology)||4 Years|
|B.Sc. (Fashion and Apparel Design)||3 Years|
Sikkim University Alumni
|Prof. Nutankumar S. Thingujam,||Ex-officio Member|
|Prof. Nawal Kishore Paswan,||Ex-officio Member|
|Dr. Subir Mukhopadhyay,||Ex-officio Member|
|Prof Pratap Chandra Pradhan,||Ex-officio Member|
|Prof Abhijit Dutta,||Ex-officio Member|
|Prof Imtiaz Gulam Ahmed,||Ex-officio Member|
|Prof. Silajit Guha,||Ex-officio Member|
|Dr. Vijay Kumar Thangellapali,||Ex-officio Member|
|Dr. Dhani Raj Chettri,||Ex-officio Member|
|Dr. H.K. Tiwari,||Ex-officio Member|
|Dr. Laxman Sharma,||Ex-officio Member|
|Dr. Komal Singha,||Ex-officio Member|
|Dr. Durga Prasad Chhetri,||Ex-officio Member|
|Dr. Sandhya Thapa,||Ex-officio Member|
|Prof. Jyoti Prakash Tamang||Ex-officio Chairman|
|Dr. S. Manivannan||Ex-officio Member|
|Prof. Irshad Gulam Ahmed||Ex-officio Member|
|Prof. V. Rama Devi||Ex-officio Member|
|Dr. Kotra Rhine Rama Mohan,||Ex-officio Member|
|Dr. Amitabha Bhattacharya,||Ex-officio Member|
|Dr. Krishnendu Dutta||Ex-officio Member|
|Dr. Mohan Pratap Pradhan,||Ex-officio Member|
|Dr. T.M.S. Raju,||Ex-officio Member|
|Prof. A.S.Chandel||Ex-officio Member|
|Dr. Debashish Chowdhury||Ex-officio Member|
|Prof. Shanti S. Sharma,||Member|
|Prof. Jeta Sankritayana,||Member|
|Prof. Sanjoy Bandopadhyay,||Member|
|Dr. Kabita Lama,||Member|
|Dr. A.N Shankar||Member|
|Dr. Niladri Bag,||Member|
|Dr. Swarup Roy,||Member|
|Dr. Rajesh Raj S.N,||Member|
|Dr. Ganesh Ji Tiwari,||Member|
|Dr. Sandhya Rai,||Member|
|Prof. R.N Sharan,||Member|
|Prof. Ananda Mukhopadhyay,||Member|
|Shri T.K Kaul||Member|
Faculty At Sikkim University
- Tanka Bahadur Subba (Vice-Chancellor)
- Dr. Kabita Lama (Associate Professor and Head)
- Dr. Manish Choubey (Associate Professor and Head)
- Dr. Durga Prasad Chhetri (Associate Professor and Head)
- Dr. Bhoj Kumar Acharya (Assistant Professor)
- Dr. Rakesh Kumar Ranjan (Assistant Professor)
- Dr. S. Manivannan Associate (Professor and Head)
- Dr. Hare Krishna Tiwari (Associate Professor and Head)
Sikkim University Affiliated Colleges List
- Sikkim Government College, Tadong, Gangtok, East Sikkim
- Harkamaya College of Education, 6th Mile, Tadong, East Sikkim
- Himalayan Pharmacy Institute, Majitar, East Sikkim
- Damber Singh College, 6th Mile, Tadong, East Sikkim
- Loyala College of Education, Namchi, South Sikkim
- Namchi Government College, Upper Kamrang, Namchi South Sikkim
- Rhenok Government College, Rhenok, East Sikkim
- Sikkim Government Law College, Burtuk, Gangtok, East Sikkim
- Palantine College, Pakyong, East Sikkim
Sikkim University Contact Details:
- Address: SIKKIM UNIVERSITY, 6TH MILE, SAMDUR, P.O: TADONG-737102, GANGTOK, SIKKIM
- Phone: +91-3592-251468
- Sikkim University Official Website: cus.ac.in
- Sarguja University Admission
- Sambalpur University Admission
- Kumaun University Admission
- UBKV Admission
Note: All the fees & dates listed above for Sikkim University Admission are tentative. Please visit University’s official website to verify.
Be the first to leave a review.