Thiruvalluvar University Admission 2023: Thiruvalluvar University admissions may start in the second week of August for undergraduate, and postgraduate courses in various streams such as languages, arts, technology, commerce, science, and more. There are numerous options in programs e.g., BA Economics, BSc Zoology, MSc Bio-Technology, MSc Commerce, and more.
The deadline to submit applications for undergraduate courses is 30 September 2023 (Tentative). Applicants who desire to seek admission in the master’s level courses must submit their applications before 15 October 2023 (Tentative). In order to apply for Thiruvalluvar University programs, aspirants should visit the www.tvu.edu.in portal.
- Registration form fee for undergraduate, and postgraduate level courses is 150 Indian Rupees.
- Master of Philosophy (MPhil) application form or registration fee is INR 500.
- The doctorate or Phd Programme application form fee is INR 1,000.
- Application fees can be paid with numerous options such as credit/debit cards, demand drafts, etc.
- Thiruvalluvar University offers admission on the qualifying exam and entrance test merit.
Thiruvalluvar University Admission Highlights
|University Name||Thiruvalluvar University|
|Type of University||State University|
|Offered UG Courses||B Tech, B.Sc, B.A, B. Lib, B.ED|
|Offered PG Courses||
M Tech, M Phil, M.Com, LLM, M. Lib
D.Lib, D.ED, D.PED, M.Ed, M.PED
Serkadu, Vellore, Tamil Nadu 632115
Thiruvalluvar University Admission 2023
Thiruvalluvar University offers UG, PG, certificate, and Diploma programs. The university provides admission for multiple courses in seven departments: English, Tamil, Zoology, Economics, Mathematics, Chemistry, and Biotechnology.
The programs are offered in a non-semester pattern and course of study. Some of the courses are BA, BCA, B.Com, B.Sc, BBA, MA, M.Com, MBA, M.Sc, etc. Thiruvalluvar University also offers admission certificates and doctoral courses such as Ph.D. and MPhil.
Before filling out the admission forms, applicants must check the eligibility requirements and apply if they are eligible. Admission forms for students who are not eligible will be canceled. To avoid admission from cancellation, applicants must also pay an admission fee. The admission fee varies with the course levels.
Undergraduate and postgraduate students (except for professional courses) are required to pay a one-time admission fee of INR 100 in the case of undergraduate courses, and INR 150 in the case of postgraduate courses. It is the responsibility of the applicant to pay 350 Indian rupees as admission fees for professional courses such as MBAs. There is a charge of INR 100 and INR 150 for applicants for both certificate and diploma courses, respectively, which needs to be noted.
Admission Reservation Policies
- Open Competition (OC) allowed 31% of total seats.
- Backward Class(BC), including the 3.5% Muslims reserved 30% of the total seats.
- The most backward class and denotified communities(DNC) have 20% reservations.
- The scheduled castes are provided 18% of seats, including the 3% Arunthathiyars group.
- The scheduled tribes are provided 1% of the seats.
- The university also reserves 3% of the above categories for Physically handicapped people.
- Admission is based on a basic entrance examination and qualifying examinations.
- The basic qualifying examination weighs 50%, and the entrance examination weighs 50%.
Thiruvalluvar University PG Admission
At Thiruvalluvar University, we offer a wide range of postgraduate courses such as MA programs (in Tamil, English, History, Economics and so on), M.Sc and M.Com programs, and MBA programs (in Finance, HRM, marketing, hotel management and so on). There is a minimum time requirement of two years for completing the PG courses. All PG courses offered by the university are offered on a direct admission basis. Applicants who wish to pursue post-graduate courses must possess a UG mark sheet which has been issued by a university that is recognized.
- MA: The university provides admission to various MA specializations. The specializations include Tamil, English, Economics, History, etc. Students who want to pursue PG courses must have a BA degree from a relevant field or subject.
- MSc: Masters of Science is a PG-level professional course at Thiruvalluvar University. Those students who have UG degrees in science or BSc course easily can apply for their MSc courses. This University also avails many specializations like MA in Economics, MA in English, MA Tamil, MSc Bio-Technology, MSc Chemistry, MSc in Zoology MSc in Commerce etc. The duration is 2 years to 4 years.
Thiruvalluvar University Ph.D. Admission
Thiruvalluvar University will soon release the registration form for admission to PhD courses. In order to register, students must fill out the application form. PhD Registration fee is Rs 1000. Apart from students have to pay a yearly fee of Rs 15,600 (for PhD in Science) and Rs 11,500 for (PhD in Arts).
The process for selecting students getting enrolled in the course is that the students must appear in the entrance exam and the interview round to be conducted by the university. There are some PhD Specialization at Thiruvalluvar University which are mentioned below:
- PhD. Economics
- PhD English
- PhD Tamil
- PhD Bio-Technology
- PhD Chemistry
- PhD Mathematics
- PhD Zoology
Thiruvalluvar University Application Form 2023
The application form can be downloaded from the university’s website. The applicant must visit the university’s campus in person if he or she wishes to apply offline. Candidates can apply for admission online and pay by credit card, debit card, or NEFT. Candidates keep a printout of the application form after admission for future use. Thiruvalluvar University offers courses in a wide range of fields.
- To get admission to the university, the candidates must visit the university’s website to download the application form.
- Enter all the details one by one.
- After this, attach all the required documents/files.
- After this pay the registration amount of around INR 200.
- After this, post the form to the university before the last date.
Thiruvalluvar University Result
Thiruvalluvar University or TVU has now officially announced its results for the courses of levels at UG and PG. These are the results of parts 1 2 and 3 for the courses such as BA, BSc, B.Com, MA, MSc, M.Com, etc. Every candidate who wants to check the result can visit the TVU website to do it. Detailed Mark Sheets will be published later and the current just-passing list of candidates is uploaded.
What is the Procedure to Check the TVU results?
Students are advised to check their TVU semester results by doing through the steps listed here:
- Firstly the students will visit the TVU website using the link www.tvu.edu.in
- This link will directly open the webpage and there will be an option for examination.
- The result tab will be there and students have to open it.
- After opening it, students will see their various links.
- As per the course and year, select the link and open it.
Thiruvalluvar University Course Admission
|B.Sc. (Visual Communication) (Electronic Media)||3 Years|
|B.Com. (Corporate Secretaryship)||3 Years|
|B.A. (Corporate Economics)||3 Years|
|B.A. (Defence & Strategic Studies)||3 Years|
|B.A. (English)||3 Years|
|B.A. (History)||3 Years|
|B.A. (Hons.) (Economics)||3 Years|
|B.A. (Tamil)||3 Years|
|B.Sc. (Nutrition & Dietetics)||3 Years|
|B.Sc. (Biochemistry)||3 Years|
|B.Sc. (Biotechnology)||3 Years|
|B.Sc. (Chemistry)||3 Years|
|B.Sc. (Computer Applications)||3 Years|
|B.Sc. (Electronics)||3 Years|
|B.Sc. (Environmental Science)||3 Years|
|B.Sc. (Hons.) (Computer Science)||3 Years|
|B.Sc. (Hons.) (Electronics)||3 Years|
|B.Sc. (Hons) (Geology)||3 Years|
|B.Sc. (Industrial Chemistry)||3 Years|
|B.Sc. (Information Systems and Management)||3 Years|
|B.Sc. (Mathematical Science)||3 Years|
|B.Sc. (Mathematics)||3 Years|
|B.Sc. (Microbiology)||3 Years|
|B.Sc. (Physical Education)||3 Years|
|B.Sc. (Physics)||3 Years|
|B.Sc. (Plant Biology and Plant Biotechnology)||3 Years|
|B.Sc. (Zoology)||3 Years|
|M.A. (Human Resource Management)||2 Years|
|M.Sc. (Plant Biotechnology)||2 Years|
|M.Sc. (Information Technology)||2 Years|
|M.A. (Economics)||2 Years|
|M.A. (English)||2 Years|
|M.A. (History)||2 Years|
|M.A. (Mathematics)||2 Years|
|M.A. (Tamil)||2 Years|
|M.Sc. (Applied Microbiology)||2 Years|
|M.Sc. (Biochemistry)||2 Years|
|M.Sc. (Bioinformatics)||2 Years|
|M.Sc. (Biotechnology)||2 Years|
|M.Sc. (Chemistry)||2 Years|
|M.Sc. (Computer Science)||2 Years|
|M.Sc. (Electronics)||2 Years|
|M.Sc. (Mathematics)||2 Years|
|M.Sc. (Physics)||2 Years|
|M.Sc. (Zoology)||2 Years|
Thiruvalluvar University Contact Details:
- Address: Serkadu, Tamil Nadu 632115
- Phone: 0416 227 4755
- Thiruvalluvar University Official Website: www.tvu.edu.in
Note: All the fees & dates listed above for Thiruvalluvar University Admission are tentative. Please visit the University’s official website to verify.
Be the first to leave a review.