TNJFU Admission 2024: TNJFU, or Tamil Nadu Dr. J. Jayalalithaa Fisheries University, located in Nagapattinam, was formerly known as Tamil Nadu Fisheries University. This University is commonly popular for its courses that include BFSc, BE, B-Tech, MFSc, MBA, M-Tech, and Ph.D. These are the courses that are rendered at the UG, PG, and PhD levels within the fields of fisheries science, technology, and engineering.
TNJFU Admission Highlights
|University Name||Tamil Nadu Fisheries University|
|Mode of Education||Regular|
|Courses Offered||UG, PG, and Doctoral|
|Popular Courses||B.F.Sc, M.F.Sc, Ph.D. (Life Science)|
|Mode of Admission||Online and Offline|
|Selection Criteria||Entrance Exam and Merit Based|
|Entrance Exam||University-based entrance exam for PG and Ph.D. programs|
|Placement||ICAR Insititute, Foreign Countires, Private Sectors, Self Employed and more.|
|University Type||State University|
|University Website||TNFU Official Website|
|Admission Eligibility UG Course||Students should have 10+2 with min 50% marks from recognized educational board|
|Admission Eligibility PG Course||Have a Master’s Degree from any recognized university with min 50% marks|
For all of these courses, the admissions will start in May 2024, and the closure of this process will happen in July 2024; thus, students will have to submit their forms within the due date. This University has recognition from UGC and also the accreditation from NAAC.
TNJFU Courses Admission 2024
- BFSc Eligibility: 10+2 in the science stream is required to be completed, and the qualifying score of candidates must be above 50% as per the criteria.
- B-Tech Eligibility: Admission in B-Tech courses is mostly entrance exam-based. For this course, the University requires a valid score on the JEE main exam. The academic qualification of candidates must be equivalent to 10+2 with PCM subjects.
- MFSc Eligibility: For MFSc admissions, candidates must have a BFSc degree obtained from a recognized institute. The score of candidates in the last qualifying must be above 60%.
- M-Tech Eligibility: A B-Tech or BE degree will be preferred to provide admission to M-Tech. Apart from this, a valid score on the GATE exam will also be required.
- MBA Eligibility: At least a qualification of an undergraduate degree, preferably a BBA, must be accomplished by the applicants and a score on the CAT exam.
TNJFU Admission 2024
Students can apply for BTech, BFSc, BBA, BVoc, MFSc, MTech, MBA and so on. By visiting www.tnjfu.ac.in, students can conclude the admission process for multiple programmes. Students who are interested in pursuing a UG program need to have completed their 10+2 schooling from a recognized board to be eligible. For PG and research programs, students can apply online for courses and sit for entrance exams.
TNJFU UG Admission 2024
Generally, university provide admission based on the entrance exam for courses like BFSc, BE, and BVoc. It also accepts scores from some of the national or state-level entrance tests. The admission process will be done online and offline.
- B.F.Sc: This course is provided in the area of fisheries science for students having an interest in this field. To be eligible for admission, you must have completed 10+2 in any science subject.
- BE: The UG program of BE is offered across the stream of fisheries engineering, for selection in this course your previous qualification must be 10+2 with PCM as the main study subject.
- BVoc: Bachelor of Vocational course is 3 years to 6 years at TNJFU. There are TNJFU BVoc four different discipline courses including Aquaculture, Industrial Fish Processing Technology, Industrial Fishing Technology, Aquatic Animal Health Management etc.
Tamil Nadu Dr. J. Jayalalithaa Fisheries University PG Admission
TNJFU offers MFSc, MTech, and MBA courses through the online application form. Those candidates who have UG degrees from any other State Agricultural University and Central University recognized by ICAR can apply for these courses. Students can fill out applications via the online portal along with Rs 1000 as registration fees.
- M.F.Sc: Entrance examinations are used to enroll students in TNJFU’s several MFSc programs. The duration of these programs varies from one to four years. The MFSc programs are offered across the streams of Aquaculture, Fisheries Economics, Fisheries Engineering & Technology, Aquatic Animal Health, Fish Quality Assurance & Management, and so on.
- MBA: Master of Business Administration course is available for students at TNJFU admission. There are special specializations known as Fisheries Enterprise Management. Students who have cleared the graduation degree in the relevant discipline can apply.
- MTech: University offers two top specialisations as Aquaculture Engineering & Fish Process Engineering. The minimum duration of MTech is 2 years and the maximum duration is 4 years at TNJFU. A UG degree with 50% is required to apply for TNJFU MTech Admission.
TNJFU Application Form 2024
The application form will be live on the official website and the aspiring students would be needed to fill out the registration form before the last date.
These forms will be easily filled and submitted online by providing all the necessary details about the aspirants. Aspirants will also pay an application fee of INR 1000 generally and INR 500 for SC/ST payable through demand draft in favor of the TNJFU Finance Officer in any national bank.
How To Apply For TNJFU Admission
When applying for TNFU UG, PG, and Ph.D. courses, the steps are different.
Steps To Follow When Applying For UG (B.F.Sc and BE) Courses:
- Applicants must visit the TNJFU website.
- Click the ‘Admission Tab’.
- Download the university prospectus. The prospectus contains the eligibility criteria and the fee structure of the courses.
- Check the eligibility criteria of the courses you want to apply for. If you meet the requirements, proceed with the steps mentioned below.
- Proceed to the “Online Application” tab.
- Select the “Apply Now” tab.
- Share the required details.
- Before saving the details, verify if you have entered the correct information.
- Submit the details after verification.
- Pay the application fee.
- You will receive a confirmation SMS with the login ID and the application number.
- Use the login ID to log in to the portal.
- Download the enrollment form hard copy.
- The application number you have received is for reference when you have admission queries.
- Queries must be sent to the Admission Committee email or mobile number.
- Attach a recent passport-size photo. The photo must be attested by a Group A or Group B officer or the Head of the school or college you used to study.
- The applicant’s guardian or parents must sign the declaration form.
- Applicants must carry the application form and necessary documents during the admission counseling session.
Steps To Follow When Applying For PG (M.F.Sc) and Ph.D. Courses:
- Visit the official university website.
- Download the university prospectus.
- Please fill out the application form.
- Share the correct information or details. After submitting the form, applicants cannot edit or modify the form.
- Attach a recent passport-size photo to the application form.
- The size of the photo must not exceed 50KB.
- Attach a scanned passport-size photo, and the size must not exceed 10KB.
- Applicants seeking relaxation and reservations must upload a certificate from a competent authority as proof.
- The employees of TNFU and the government of Tamil Nadu will also reserve the reservations and relaxation.
- Pay the application fee. The application fee is INR 1,000 for general students and INR 500 for reserved students (SC/ST).
- The application fee must be paid in a demand draft addressed to The Finance Officer, TNFU, Nagapattinam, and can be paid at Nagapattinam.
- UG provisional or degree certificate
- PG provisional or degree certificate
- Transfer Certificate
- Conduct certificate
- Migration Certificate
- UG mark sheets and report cards
- PG mark sheets and report cards
- Community certificate
The Tamil Nadu Dr. J Jayalalitha Fisheries University will soon provide students with access to their exams results for the semester at the end of the semester. The results of the exams can be viewed online on the website of the TNJFU. As a student, you may be awaiting results from subjects such as B.Voc, BBA, B-Tech, BFSc, MFSc, MBA, M-Tech, Ph.D., etc. In the coming days, students will be receiving their Mark Sheets as well as details of their grades for both the even and odd semester results.
What is the Procedure to Check the TNJFU Results?
Candidates are required to check their results in online mode and the steps given below will help them:
- Click on the link tnjfu.ac.in to open the TNJFU website.
- Each candidate will then go to the menu of examinations.
- An option will be there with the name of the results.
- Students will have to open it and provide the details.
- After providing details, the result will be processed.
TNJFU Course Admissions
|BBA Fisheries Business Management||3 Yrs|
|BE Fisheries Engineering||4 Yrs|
|MBA Fisheries Business Management||2 Yrs|
|M.SC Biotechnology||2 Yrs|
|Ph.d. (Life Science)||3 Yrs|
TNJFU Contact Details:
- Address: Vettar River View Campus, Nagapattinam – 611002, Tamil Nadu
- Contact Number: 04365-241444, 04365- 240558
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- TNJFU Official Website: www.tnjfu.ac.in
Note: All the fees & dates listed above for TNJFU Admission are tentative. Please visit the University’s official website to verify.
Be the first to leave a review.