UGB Admission 2023: Postgraduate admission in the University of Gour Banga for the academic year 2023 cycle will initiate on 01 September 2023 (Tentative). Application form submission for UGB master’s programs has an original closing date of 15 September 2023 (Tentative). Applicants can register online by visiting the UGB PG admission portal at www.ugbadmission.in
The bachelor’s program admission begins typically a bit earlier on 5 August 2023 (Tentative). Session admission for undergraduate courses lasts until 26 August 2023 (Tentative). Here, the university deals in numerous streams, e.g., humanities, commerce, social sciences, science, journalism, library science, education, and physical education.
- The application form fee for the University of Gour Banga UG, and PG courses is 500 Indian Rupees.
- UGB Phd program admission can be taken with rank in the MCQ-based entrance test. The prescribed application form fee for Doctoral level courses is no more than 500 for Indian Nationals. The Reserved category would get a relaxation of INR 200.
- Academic counseling is conducted before confirming admission to the respected programs of the university.
University of Gour Banga Admission 2023 Highlights
|University Name||University of Gour Banga|
|Type of University||State University|
|University Contact Number||03512 223 666|
|UG Courses||B.A./ B.Sc./ B.Com./ B.C.A./ B.B.A./ B.H.M. /B.Ed|
|PG Courses||M.A/ M.Sc|
|Address||Mokdumpur, Malda, West Bengal 732103|
|Location||Malda, West Bengal|
|Founded||10 March 2008|
UGB Admission 2023
The University of Gour Banga offers postgraduate, doctoral, and undergraduate courses and various courses in multiple specializations. The registration process is on the institution’s official site: www.ugb.ac.in.
The admission process for PG programs will start soon, and the university will be offering various PG and UG programs. Some of the programs are B.Sc, B.Com, BA, BCA, LLBA, BEd, M.Sc, MA, M.Com, LLM, MLIS, etc.
Right now, the institution is running admission for Ph.D. courses. The institution provides admission to various courses such as Bengali, Chemistry, Botany, Economics, Commerce, Geography, English, Law, Mathematics, Library and Information Science, Physics, Philosophy, Political Science, Psychology, etc.
Before starting the registration process, candidates must check if they are eligible for the UGB Ph.D. programs. The university accepts admission forms that have receipts or proof of payment. The admission fee is different for undergraduate, postgraduate, and Ph.D. courses, and it also varies with the category you are from.
UGB UG Admission
The University of Gour Banga provides admission to various UG courses such as BBA, BCom, BSc, BCA, BTech, BE, etc. Students who have class 10 + 2 certificates from a recognized school or board can apply. The subjects required for each course are different. Before the registration process, check the subjects needed for the courses and apply if you meet the requirements.
- BA: Applicants must have graduated from a class 10 + 2 with 50%, and reserved category applicants are allowed a 5% relaxation. Admission to all the courses is based on merit scores of the last qualifying level. The university offers various BA fields such as BA in Philosophy, History, Economics, Political Science, Sociology, Sanskrit, etc.
- B.Sc: Applicants must hold a class 12 certificate in the relevant field. The minimum cut-off mark is 50%, and the reserved students have a 5% relaxation. The university offers BSc in Botany, Chemistry, Mathematics, Home Science, Zoology, Physics, Computer Science, and Information Technology.
University of Gour Banga PG Admission
The University Of Gour Banga offers many postgraduate courses in addition to undergraduate courses, such as MA, MSc, MBA, MCom, MCA, MBA, and so on. In the context of PG courses, it is important to keep in mind that the eligibility criteria differ from the criteria for undergrad courses in terms of their eligibility.
If an applicant wishes to be considered for PG courses, they must have an undergraduate degree that has been recognized by the University Grants Commission or by any other organization that has equivalent recognition.
- M.Sc: The university offers various MSc in Physics, Botany, Physiology, Chemistry, Zoology, Mathematics, Computer Science, etc. Students must have a BSc in the relevant field.
UGB MA Admission
Students who want to pursue a Master of Arts degree at UGB will be able to apply very soon. candidates with a bachelor’s degree from any university that is approved by UGC can apply. MA is a postgraduate course with a duration of 2 years. It is available with a number of specializations at the University Of Gour Banga.
The institution provides MA in Bengali, Arabic, Education, History, English, Geography, Sanskrit, Philosophy, Sociology, Philosophy, Economics, Political Science, etc. The admission process is merit and entrance test-based.
University Of Gour Banga Ph.D. Admission
- UGB offers multiple Ph.D. specializations such as English, Bengali, Education, History, Geography, Philosophy, Zoology, Sanskrit, Commerce, economics, Botany, Computer Science, Sociology, Political Science, Physics, Chemistry, Arabic, etc.
- Students must have graduated from a PG course related to the field they are applying for. The institution conducts an entrance test for all Ph.D. admissions.
- Students who clear the entrance test with good marks will be invited to the interview round. The admission is based on marks from the entrance test and the interview session.
UGB Application Form 2023
The admission form for the Ph.D. admission will be available online on the university website or at the university admission office. Eligible Students can fill out the admission form and submit it online or offline.
Students in the general category must pay an application fee of INR 500. Those in the reserved category (SC/ST/PWD (Differently Abled)/ OBC-A/OBC-B) must pay INR 300. For PG application, general category students must pay INR 400. The reserved category (SC/ST/PWD (Differently Abled)/ OBC-A/OBC-B) must pay INR 150. For all UG applications, the applicant must submit a receipt with INR 700, and there will be no relaxation for any reserved group.
Students must check the eligibility criteria of the course they want to apply for before they apply. The university will cancel all application forms of applicants that do not meet the eligibility criteria. The eligibility criteria for some of the courses are mentioned above.
How To Apply For University Of Gour Banga Online Admission 2023?
- Students must visit the university’s official site to fill out the UGB Admission form.
- Share your educational and personal details required in the admission form.
- You will receive an SMS containing your password and user Id on your registered phone number.
- Log in to the admission portal using the password and user id.
- Select the course type.
- The admission form will be displayed on the screen.
- Please fill out the necessary details in the admission form.
- Upload the necessary certificates and mark sheets.
- Submit the admission form.
- Pay the admission fees through a payment gateway generated when you click submit.
- The admission fee for undergraduate courses is INR 700, for PG courses is INR 400 (reserved students must pay INR 150), and for Ph.D. programs, it is INR 500, and the special category students can pay INR 300.
How To Apply For University Of Gour Banga Admission Offline?
- For the offline admin process, applicants must visit the university admission office.
- The admission form will be available at the university counter after paying the required admission fee. The admission fee depends on the course you are applying for. For PG courses, it is INR 400 (reserved students must pay INR 150), For UG courses, it is INR 700, and for Ph.D. courses, it is INR 500 (and reserved students can pay INR 300).
- Share all the necessary details on the admission form and verify the details before submitting the form.
- Attach the relevant documents and submit them.
- Keep a printed admission form for future consideration.
- Collect the admission form from his address: The Registrar’s Office, Gour Banga University, P.O-MokDumpur, NH-34, Malda-73 21 03, West Bengal, India
Documents Required for UGB Admission
Students must prepare the following certificates and mark sheets before starting the registration process:
- 12th mark sheet
- 10th mark sheet
- 12th certificate
- 10th certificate
- Passport size photos
- Amidst card
- University registration certificate
- Migration certificate
- Caste certificate
- UG and PG certificates
- UG and PG mark sheets
UGB Course Admissions
|Master Degree Arabic||2 Years|
|Master Degree Bengali||2 Years|
|Master Degree Economics||2 Years|
|Master Degree Education||2 Years|
|Master Degree English||2 Years|
|Master Degree Geography||2 Years|
|Master Degree History||2 Years|
|Master Degree Philosophy||2 Years|
|Master’s Degree in Political Science||2 Years|
|Master Degree Sanskrit||2 Years|
|Master Degree Sociology||2 Years|
|Master’s Degree Law (LL.M.)||2 Years|
|Master Degree Commerce||2 Years|
|Master’s Degree in Botany (Combined)||2 Years|
|Master Degree Chemistry||2 Years|
|Master’s Degree in Computer Science||2 Years|
|Master Degree Mathematics||2 Years|
|Master Degree Physics||2 Years|
|Master Degree Physiology||2 Years|
|Master Degree Zoology||2 Years|
|Master’s Degree Library and Information Science||2 Years|
|M.Phil. Arabic||2 Years|
|M.Phil. Bengali||2 Years|
|M.Phil. Economics||2 Years|
|M.Phil. Education||2 Years|
|M.Phil. English||2 Years|
|M.Phil. Geography||2 Years|
|M.Phil. History||2 Years|
|M.Phil. Philosophy||2 Years|
|M.Phil. Political Science||2 Years|
|M.Phil. Sanskrit||2 Years|
|M.Phil. Sociology||2 Years|
|M.Phil. Commerce||2 Years|
|M.Phil. Botany||2 Years|
|M.Phil. Computer Science||2 Years|
|M.Phil. Physics||2 Years|
|M.Phil. Zoology||2 Years|
|Ph.D. Arabic||3 To 5 Years|
|Ph.D. Bengali||3 To 5 Years|
|Ph.D. Economics||3 To 5 Years|
|Ph.D. Education||3 To 5 Years|
|Ph.D. English||3 To 5 Years|
|Ph.D. Geography||3 To 5 Years|
|Ph.D. History||3 To 5 Years|
|Ph.D. Philosophy||3 To 5 Years|
|Ph.D. Political Science||3 To 5 Years|
|Ph.D. Sanskrit||3 To 5 Years|
|Ph.D. Sociology||3 To 5 Years|
|Ph.D. Commerce||3 To 5 Years|
|Ph.D. Botany||3 To 5 Years|
|Ph.D. Chemistry||3 To 5 Years|
|Ph.D. Computer Science||3 To 5 Years|
|Ph.D. Physics||3 To 5 Years|
|Ph.D. Zoology||3 To 5 Years|
University Of Gour Banga Admission Fees Structure 2023
Master of Commerce [M.Com]
|5,800 PER YEAR|
Master of Arts [M.A]
|5,800 PER YEAR|
Master of Laws [L.L.M]
|5,600 PER YEAR|
Master of Philosophy [M. Phil]
|48, 200 PER YEAR|
Master of Science [M.Sc]
|5,800 PER YEAR|
Master of Library and Information Science [M.Lib.I.Sc]
|5,900 PER YEAR|
|25,000 PER YEAR|
Faculty at the University of Gour Banga
- Prof. Gopalchandra Misra (Vice-chancellor)
- Dr. Md. Mehedi Hasan (Assistant Professor)
- Dr. Md. Najmul Hoque (Assistant Professor)
- Prof. Bikash Roy (Professor)
- Prof. Souren Bandyopadhyay (Professor)
- Prof. Manas Chakraborti (Professor)
- Dr. Goutam Bhowmik (Professor)
- Dr. Biswajit Maitra (Assistant Professor)
University of Gour Banga Affiliated Colleges List
Name of the College
- Malda College
- Govt. Teachers Training College
- Satish B. Ed. College
- Vivekananda B. Ed. College
- Gour Mahavidyalaya
- Harishchandrapur College
- Malda Womens’ College
- Chanchal College
- South Malda College
- Samsi College
- Kaliachak College
- Pakuahat Degree College
- Dewan Abdul Goni College
- Buniadpur Mahavidyalaya
- Balurghat Law College
- Balurghat B. Ed. College
- Gangarampur B. Ed. College
- Jamini Majumdar Memorial College
Best Quality of University
- Good Results
- In spring Environment
- Wonderful Facilities
- Best LibrariesGood Education
- Placements Record
- Good Faculties
- Wide Area Campus
- Best Performance
- Good Practical Labs
- Understanding Teachers and Students
More University Of West Bengal
- Netaji Subhas Open University
- West Bengal University of Teachers
- West Bengal University of Technology
- North Bengal UniversityUniversity of Calcutta, West Bengal
Contact Details University Of Gour Banga:
- Address: P.O-Mokdumpur Dist-Malda, Pin-732103, West Bengal
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 03512-223664 / 223666
- UGB Official Website: www.ugb.ac.in
- CUHP Admission
- Ranchi University Admission
- DPSRU Admission
- Pt. Ravishankar Shukla University Admission
Note: All the fees & dates listed above for UGB Admission are tentative. Please visit the University’s official website to verify.
Be the first to leave a review.