UGB Admission 2024: The University of Gour Banga, or UGB, is located in District Malda, West Bengal. This university is affiliated with a wide range of colleges within Malda and is approved by UGC. It offers a variety of UG and PG courses. These courses are offered in science, arts, law, commerce, education, and more. The courses offered within these fields at the UG level are BA, BSc, B.Com, LLB, and B.Ed.
In these fields, the offered courses under the PG category are MSc, LLB, MA, M.Com, and M.Ed. Application forms will be made available to the candidates through its online system. Candidates will be allowed to submit forms from May 2024. The deadline for this application process will be June 2024. Each candidate will submit the application at a cost of INR 700 and INR 400 for UG and PG courses.
University of Gour Bengal Courses Admission 2024- 25
- BSc Eligibility: 10+2 is the minimum qualification in science, required in the criteria, with a score of 50%.
- B.Com Eligibility: Candidates will become eligible after completing 10+2 in commerce. The score of candidates in the last exam must be over 50%.
- LLB Eligibility: 10+2 in science will be the required qualification with a least score of 50%. These selections will be merit-based.
- MSc Eligibility: These candidates need to have at least a 50% score in the UG degree. The required UG degree is a BSc.
- M.Com Eligibility: Candidates are eligible if they have accomplished a B.Com or a relevant degree. The lowest score required in the criteria is almost 50% on average.
University of Gour Banga Admission 2024 Highlights
|University Name||University of Gour Banga|
|Type of University||State University|
|University Contact Number||03512 223 666|
|UG Courses||B.A./ B.Sc./ B.Com./ B.C.A./ B.B.A./ B.H.M. /B.Ed|
|PG Courses||M.A/ M.Sc|
|Address||Mokdumpur, Malda, West Bengal 732103|
|Location||Malda, West Bengal|
|Founded||10 March 2008|
- The application form fee for the University of Gour Banga UG, and PG courses is 500 Indian Rupees.
- UGB Ph.D. program admission can be taken with rank in the MCQ-based entrance test. The prescribed application form fee for Doctoral level courses is no more than 500 for Indian Nationals. The Reserved category would get a relaxation of INR 200.
- Academic counseling is conducted before confirming admission to the respected programs of the university.
UGB Admission 2024
Right now, the institution is running admission for Ph.D. courses. The institution provides admission to various courses such as Bengali, Chemistry, Botany, Economics, Commerce, Geography, English, Law, Mathematics, Library and Information Science, Physics, Philosophy, Political Science, Psychology, etc.
To begin the registration process, candidates must verify their eligibility for the UGB Ph.D. program. Admission forms with receipts or proof of payment are accepted by the university. There are different admission fees for undergraduate, postgraduate, and Ph.D. courses, as well as by category.
UGB UG Admission
The University of Gour Banga offers admission to various UG courses such as BBA, BCom, BSc, BCA, BTech, BE, etc. Students who have class 10 + 2 certificates from a recognized school or board can apply for their selected program. The subjects required for each course are different. Before the registration process, check the subjects needed for the courses and apply if you meet the requirements.
- BA: Applicants must have graduated from a class 10 + 2 with 50%, and reserved category applicants are allowed a 5% relaxation. Admission to all the courses is based on merit scores of the last qualifying level. The university offers various BA fields such as BA in Philosophy, History, Economics, Political Science, Sociology, Sanskrit, etc.
- B.Sc: Applicants must hold a class 12 certificate in the relevant field. The minimum cut-off mark is 50%, and the reserved students have a 5% relaxation. The university offers BSc in Botany, Chemistry, Mathematics, Home Science, Zoology, Physics, Computer Science, and Information Technology.
University of Gour Banga PG Admission
The University offers many postgraduate courses, Gour Banga University PG Admission for MA, MSc, MCom, MLis, and others will be announced soon for this new session. In the context of PG courses, it is important to keep in mind that the eligibility criteria differ from the criteria for undergrad courses in terms of their eligibility.
If an applicant wishes to be considered for PG courses, they must have an undergraduate degree that has been recognized by the University Grants Commission or by any other organization that has equivalent recognition.
- M.Sc: The university offers various MSc in Physics, Botany, Physiology, Chemistry, Zoology, Mathematics, Computer Science, etc. Students must have a BSc in the relevant field.
- MCom: UGB University offers MCom courses with 2 to 4 years of duration. Those students who have their 12th degree in commerce stream can register for this course. In this course, students learn about the fundamental of commerce and marketing management concepts.
- MBA: Masters of Business Administration is a PG-level course with 2 to 4 years of duration at UGB. In this course, students can get knowledge about how to work in management according to the business industry. Apart from that event management, HR management, business planings etc are the main topic of UGB MBA course.
UGB MA Admission
Interested candidates who want to take admission to the UGB MA course have to complete the requirements and eligibility criteria for admission. There are many specializations in the Master of Arts program, and admission will be based on a merit score and entrance exam. The course takes 2 years to provide in-depth learning about each topic. Bachelor’s degrees from recognized universities are the basic requirement for pursuing an MA from UGB University.
Master of Arts have different specializations and admission will be based on the merit score and entrance exam. The course takes 2 years to provide in-depth learning about each topic. The basic criterion is a bachelor’s degree from a recognized university.
The institution provides MA in Bengali, Arabic, Education, History, English, Geography, Sanskrit, Philosophy, Sociology, Philosophy, Economics, Political Science, etc. The admission process is merit and entrance test-based.
University Of Gour Banga Ph.D. Admission
- UGB offers multiple Ph.D. specializations such as English, Bengali, Education, History, Geography, Philosophy, Zoology, Sanskrit, Commerce, economics, Botany, Computer Science, Sociology, Political Science, Physics, Chemistry, Arabic, etc.
- Students must have graduated from a PG course related to the field they are applying for. The institution conducts an entrance test for all Ph.D. admissions.
- Students who clear the entrance test with good marks will be invited to the interview round. The admission is based on marks from the entrance test and the interview session.
UGB Application Form 2024
The application form for UG and PG program admission to the University of Gour Banga will be sent soon. Students can submit their applications for courses such as Bachelor of Education, Bachelor of Hospitality Management, BSc, BCA, M.Com, MSc. and the rest at the UG and PG levels.
Application fees are INR 500, and the application forms must be submitted by the due date mentioned by the officials. There will be no relaxation for reserved groups, and the applicant must submit a receipt with INR 700.
How To Apply For University Of Gour Banga Online Admission?
To be selected at the University of Gour Banga for undergraduate, and postgraduate courses will be possible by following in the footsteps listed below.
- First, open the University of Gour Banga’s official website.
- Go on the application form.
- Complete their admission form by filling in the necessary information required by the officials.
- Upload all the mandatory documents on the application form with a Passport size photograph.
- Click on the payment, and pay the application form fee.
- Submit the application and take the application form and take a printout for further reference.
How To Apply For University Of Gour Banga Admission Offline?
- For the offline admin process, applicants must visit the university admission office.
- The admission form will be available at the university counter after paying the required admission fee. The admission fee depends on the course you are applying for. For PG courses, it is INR 400 (reserved students must pay INR 150), For UG courses, it is INR 700, and for Ph.D. courses, it is INR 500 (and reserved students can pay INR 300).
- Share all the necessary details on the admission form and verify the details before submitting the form.
- Attach the relevant documents and submit them.
- Keep a printed admission form for future consideration.
- Collect the admission form from his address: The Registrar’s Office, Gour Banga University, P.O-MokDumpur, NH-34, Malda-73 21 03, West Bengal, India
Documents Required for UGB Admission
Students must prepare the following certificates and mark sheets before starting the registration process:
- 12th mark sheet
- 10th mark sheet
- 12th certificate
- 10th certificate
- Passport size photos
- Amidst card
- University registration certificate
- Migration certificate
- Caste certificate
- UG and PG certificates
- UG and PG mark sheets
UGB Course Admissions
|Master Degree Arabic||2 Years|
|Master Degree Bengali||2 Years|
|Master Degree Economics||2 Years|
|Master Degree Education||2 Years|
|Master Degree English||2 Years|
|Master Degree Geography||2 Years|
|Master Degree History||2 Years|
|Master Degree Philosophy||2 Years|
|Master’s Degree in Political Science||2 Years|
|Master Degree Sanskrit||2 Years|
|Master Degree Sociology||2 Years|
|Master’s Degree Law (LL.M.)||2 Years|
|Master Degree Commerce||2 Years|
|Master’s Degree in Botany (Combined)||2 Years|
|Master Degree Chemistry||2 Years|
|Master’s Degree in Computer Science||2 Years|
|Master Degree Mathematics||2 Years|
|Master Degree Physics||2 Years|
|Master Degree Physiology||2 Years|
|Master Degree Zoology||2 Years|
|Master’s Degree Library and Information Science||2 Years|
|M.Phil. Arabic||2 Years|
|M.Phil. Bengali||2 Years|
|M.Phil. Economics||2 Years|
|M.Phil. Education||2 Years|
|M.Phil. English||2 Years|
|M.Phil. Geography||2 Years|
|M.Phil. History||2 Years|
|M.Phil. Philosophy||2 Years|
|M.Phil. Political Science||2 Years|
|M.Phil. Sanskrit||2 Years|
|M.Phil. Sociology||2 Years|
|M.Phil. Commerce||2 Years|
|M.Phil. Botany||2 Years|
|M.Phil. Computer Science||2 Years|
|M.Phil. Physics||2 Years|
|M.Phil. Zoology||2 Years|
|Ph.D. Arabic||3 To 5 Years|
|Ph.D. Bengali||3 To 5 Years|
|Ph.D. Economics||3 To 5 Years|
|Ph.D. Education||3 To 5 Years|
|Ph.D. English||3 To 5 Years|
|Ph.D. Geography||3 To 5 Years|
|Ph.D. History||3 To 5 Years|
|Ph.D. Philosophy||3 To 5 Years|
|Ph.D. Political Science||3 To 5 Years|
|Ph.D. Sanskrit||3 To 5 Years|
|Ph.D. Sociology||3 To 5 Years|
|Ph.D. Commerce||3 To 5 Years|
|Ph.D. Botany||3 To 5 Years|
|Ph.D. Chemistry||3 To 5 Years|
|Ph.D. Computer Science||3 To 5 Years|
|Ph.D. Physics||3 To 5 Years|
|Ph.D. Zoology||3 To 5 Years|
University Of Gour Banga Admission Fees Structure
Master of Commerce [M.Com]
|5,800 PER YEAR|
Master of Arts [M.A]
|5,800 PER YEAR|
Master of Laws [L.L.M]
|5,600 PER YEAR|
Master of Philosophy [M. Phil]
|48, 200 PER YEAR|
Master of Science [M.Sc]
|5,800 PER YEAR|
Master of Library and Information Science [M.Lib.I.Sc]
|5,900 PER YEAR|
|25,000 PER YEAR|
Faculty at the University of Gour Banga
- Prof. Gopalchandra Misra (Vice-chancellor)
- Dr. Md. Mehedi Hasan (Assistant Professor)
- Dr. Md. Najmul Hoque (Assistant Professor)
- Prof. Bikash Roy (Professor)
- Prof. Souren Bandyopadhyay (Professor)
- Prof. Manas Chakraborti (Professor)
- Dr. Goutam Bhowmik (Professor)
- Dr. Biswajit Maitra (Assistant Professor)
University of Gour Banga Affiliated Colleges List
Name of the College
- Malda College
- Govt. Teachers Training College
- Satish B. Ed. College
- Vivekananda B. Ed. College
- Gour Mahavidyalaya
- Harishchandrapur College
- Malda Womens’ College
- Chanchal College
- South Malda College
- Samsi College
- Kaliachak College
- Pakuahat Degree College
- Dewan Abdul Goni College
- Buniadpur Mahavidyalaya
- Balurghat Law College
- Balurghat B. Ed. College
- Gangarampur B. Ed. College
- Jamini Majumdar Memorial College
Best Quality of University
- Good Results
- In spring Environment
- Wonderful Facilities
- Best LibrariesGood Education
- Placements Record
- Good Faculties
- Wide Area Campus
- Best Performance
- Good Practical Labs
- Understanding Teachers and Students
More University Of West Bengal
- Netaji Subhas Open University
- West Bengal University of Teachers
- West Bengal University of Technology
- North Bengal UniversityUniversity of Calcutta, West Bengal
Contact Details University Of Gour Banga:
- Address: P.O-Mokdumpur Dist-Malda, Pin-732103, West Bengal
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 03512-223664 / 223666
- UGB Official Website: www.ugb.ac.in
- CUHP Admission
- Ranchi University Admission
- DPSRU Admission
- Pt. Ravishankar Shukla University Admission
Note: All the fees & dates listed above for UGB Admission are tentative. Please visit the University’s official website to verify.
Be the first to leave a review.