Visva Bharati University Admission 2024: Visva Bharati University is a popular institution in West Bengal. It is situated in Shantiniketan, Bolpur. Application forms 2024-25 for undergraduate programs of this University are opening on 07 March 2024 and close on 28 March 2024. VBU PG application forms 2024 will start after 25 April 2024. The closing date for PG applications will be 16 May 2024. VBU is holding recognitions of UGC, NAAC, and INI.
It has one main campus with 350 faculty members. This program aims to provide quality education in the fields of Fine Arts, Science, Humanities, Social Sciences, Education, and Performing arts through its 50+ UG and PG-level courses. The popular courses of this University are BA (Hons) in English, BA (Hons) in Bengali, B.Sc. (Hons) in Physics, B.Sc. (Hons) in Chemistry, MA in History, and MSc in Physics. The admission and application form-filling process will be available online at the VU website.
Visva-Bharati University Courses Admission 2024
- BA (Hons) English Eligibility: The applicant seeking admission to this BA program should have a 10+2 education in any stream with 50% marks. CUET-UG entrance exam admissions will be offered. The application fee is INR 500.
- BSc (Hons) Physics Eligibility: The admission process followed for this UG program will be a university-based entrance exam score. Minimum eligibility is 10+2 education with 50% marks in the science stream.
- MA History Eligibility: BA History graduates can apply for this program. Minimum 50% marks in BA is basic eligibility. Selections are based on the CUET-PG exam. The application fee will be INR 600.
- MSc Chemistry Eligibility: BSc Chemistry degree holders can apply for this program. Its admissions are also entrance exam-based.
Visva Bharati University Admission 2024 Highlights
|University Name||Visva Bharati University|
|Type of University||Central University|
|University Contact Number||03463 262 751|
|UG Courses||BA, B.Sc., B.Mus., BFA, BPE, BSW|
|PG Courses||MA, M.Sc.|
|Diploma Courses||Arabic, Bengali, Chinese, French, German Hindi, Italian, Japanese, Marathi, Oriya, PaliPersian, Russian, Sanskrit, Santali, Tamil Tibetan, Urdu, Painting, Mural, Sculpture, Graphic Art, Design (Textiles /Ceramics)|
|Address||Bolpur, West Bengal 731235|
|Location||Bolpur, West Bengal 731235|
Visva Bharati University Admission 2024
The scheduled dates are now posted on this website as admission starts. The application process is online, and the university will not accept forms submitted offline. Fill out the blank fields and submit the application form and the necessary documents.
For admission 2024 into UG courses, Visva Bharati will accept or conduct the Common University Entrance Test (CUET UG 2024).
Some of the courses include BSc, BA, BSW, B.Ed, MSc, MA, etc. Visva Bharati University Admission to the courses is based on marks from the last passing level. The university makes the merit and provisional list from the marks scored from the previous qualifying level.
Students must first check the eligibility criteria before filling out the Visva Bharati University admission form. The university will cancel all the students’ application forms that do not meet the requirements. The eligibility criteria for undergraduate and postgraduate courses are different.
Visva Bharati University UG Admission 2024
The applicants can submit the admission form online/offline. Visva Bharti admission is purely based on the entrance exam which is conducted by the NTA for the 2024 session.
Visva Bharati University offers various UG courses such as BA, BSc, B.Ed, BSW, etc. Visva Bharati University UG Admission has started. Applicants must have a Grade 12 pass from a recognized board or school. The university provides a 5% relaxation to the reserved applicants (SC/ST).
Kala Bhavana, Sangit Bhavana, B.Sc (Honours) in Physical Education & Sports Sciences, Yoga Art & Science under Vinaya Bhavana, and B.Des from Silpa Sadana, where both CUET scores and admission Tests conducted by the Concern Department/Bhavana will be weighed 50:50 for the preparation of the merit list. Below are some of the eligibility criteria for some of the courses.
- BA (Hons.): The university provides BA in English, Bengali, Oriya, Hindi, Economics, Philosophy, History, mathematics, Persian, geography, Tibetan, Japanese, Tibetan, Chinese, etc. Applicants must have a 60% overall aggregate and a 60% in the subject relevant to the field.
- B.Sc: The university offers BSc in Mathematics, Chemistry, Physics, Botany, Statistics, Zoology, Computer Science, Agriculture, etc. Applicants must have a 60% overall aggregate and a 60% in the subject relevant to the field.
- BSW: The Bachelor of Social Work is a degree program at the undergraduate level offered by Visva Bharati University. Any student who has completed their 12th-grade board examination in any stream can apply for admission to this program.
- BEd: This course is designed to provide learning about elementary education, Learning and Teaching, Childhood and Growing Up, and many others. Visva Bharati University accepts applications for the bachelor of education program. To become eligible for admission students must complete any well-known university bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 55 percent marks.
Visva Bharati University PG Admission
Visva Bharati University offers various PGs such as MA, MSc, MSW, M.ed, MFA, MDES, etc. The university offers 17 MA specializations, 11 MSC specializations, and 2 MSc integrated. Applicants must have a UG degree from a recognized college.
- MA: The university offers MA in Bengali, Hindi, English, Rural Development, Philosophy, Economics and Politics, Comparative religion, Persian, Chinese, Japanese, Suntali, Sanskrit, Odia, Comparative Lecture, Indo-Tibetan, etc. Applicants must have a BA degree relevant to the field of study.
- M.Sc: The university offers MSc in Biotechnology, Chemistry, Botany, Computer Science, Environmental Studies, Mathematics, Physics, Integrated Science, Zoology, Statistics, Agriculture, etc. Applicants must have a BSc degree relevant to the field.
- MSW: Masters of Social Work is a PG-level course with 2 years of duration. Students must have passed out a UG degree (BBA, BCA, BSW BBA, etc) along with a 50% to 55% minimum score.
Visva Bharati PhD Admission
Admission has closed for the PhD program at Visva Bharti University. Students need to have a master’s degree in a relevant discipline with minimum passing marks to be eligible to apply. The University conducts an entrance exam (RET) every year, based on which seat will be allotted.
Visva Bharati University Application Form 2024
The Visva Bharati University Admission application form will open at the official site of the university @www.vbadmission.in. The application fee for Visva UG, and PG courses is 750, and 800 Indian rupees, respectively. There are numerous ways how one can pay a fee such as credit card/debit card, online wallet, UPI, net banking, etc.
Visva Bharati Admission Process 2024
In the below section complete guide of Visva Bharati Admission process has mentioned, Intereted applicants who want to apply must read out. Fillout the application form with correct information.
- Visit the Visva Bharati University Admission official site.
- Go to the “Admission” tab.
- Share your details to register.
- Provide a valid and active email and password to make the account.
- The email addressed will be used for further communications.
- Press the ‘Register’ tab.
2. Fill out the form
- Share your academic, personal, and contact details on the admission form.
- Upload a signed passport-size photo. The photo must be 100KB and 4 cm * 3 cm.
- Click the ‘Submit’ button.
3. Pay the admission fee
- Use any of the following modes to pay the admission fee: net banking/credit card/debit card.
- The general students must pay INR 1000, and if they are applying for two courses, they should add an extra INR 400.
- The reserved applicants(SC/ST) must pay INR 1000, and if they are applying for two courses, they should add an extra INR 150.
- Review the displayed admission form and print it out.
- Keep the application form for further office use.
Applicants must have the following documents before starting the admission process:
- Birth Certificate
- Medical certificate
- Entrance test scorecards
- Scanned signature
- 2 passport-size color photos
- Character certificate
- Class 10 mark sheet
- Class 12 mark sheet
- Class 12 certificate
- Class 10 certificate
Visva Bharati University Application Form Fee
The application form for all UG, PG and other courses is now available at @visvabharatiadmission.samarth.edu.in. During the Visva Bharati University admission process, applicants must pay an application fee. The general students must pay INR 1000, and the reserved students must pay INR 300. Visva Bharati University allows applicants to apply for more than one course, and applicants that apply for more than one course must pay an additional amount. General applicants must add an extra INR 400, and reserved applicants must add an extra INR 150.
Visva Bharati University Entrance Exam 2024
For session 2024-25, Visva Bharati University is accepting the scorecard of the Common University Entrance Test (CUET 2024). Students in order to get admission into UG courses, need to appear in the CUET UG exam. Registration has commenced, and the last date to complete the form is 11 May 2024 for CUET PG. The date of the Visva Bharati University Entrance Exam 2024 is announced to be 21 May to 31 May 2024.
Visva Bharati University either administers or approves entrance examinations to permit admission to the bachelor’s, and master’s levels.
- CUET UG: It is a common entrance test that enables central universities like Visva Bharti to grant admission to undergraduate programs.
- CUET PG: The Common University Entrance Test PG is being used to shortlist candidates for master’s program admission.
Visva Bharati University Result
Students enrolled in BFA, BA(Hons), BSc(Hons) MSc, MA, B.P.Ed, B.Ed and diploma can check results online at https://visvabharati.ac.in/. You need to have the candidate’s roll number or any other basic information to see the results on the Visva Bharati University website.
What is the Procedure for Checking VBU Result?
The procedures to check and download the Visva Bharati University Result are as follows:
- By visiting https://visvabharati.ac.in/, you may get your VBU Exam results in the simplest method possible (VBU Website).
- When you open the link above VBU Homepage will open.
- On Homepage, go to ” Results Portal” & find VBU UG/PG program result. Click on it.
- A page asking your roll number and semester number/program will open. Put the information.
- Now you can view/download VBU Results.
Visva Bharati University Course Admissions
|BA (Hons.)||Comparative Religion|
|Ancient Indian History Culture and Archaeology|
|MA||Ancient Indian History and Archaeology|
|Fine Arts and Painting|
|Agricultural Extension Education|
|Soil Science & Agricultural Chemistry|
|Hand-Made Paper Making|
|Proficiency in German|
|PhD||Ancient Indian History, Culture, and Arch.|
|Comparative Philosophy and Religion|
Visva Bharati University Merit list
CUET score will be used to select students for undergraduate courses at the university. Additionally, the university accepts scores from national-level entrance exams for PG courses. Visva Bharati University publishes a list of selected students for admission to postgraduate programs.
All applicants who submit their applications before the deadline will be eligible for the Visva Bharati University entrance exam. After that, the university publishes a merit list of selected students for MA, MA Education, MA Internal Social Science, and other programs. The university’s official website provides access to the Merit List for Visva Bharti University.
About Visva Bharati University
This university is located in Bolpur, West Bengal, was established in 1921 and is affiliated with UGC. It grants the status of a unitary, teaching, and residential university. It has a Library that is augmented with books, periodicals, journals, magazines, and other publications on a regular basis. The roles and responsibilities of all the major institutions have changed over time.
A study of the development of Visva-Bharati during the generation of its creator, Rabindranath Tagore, offers an insight into what this institution was envisioned to achieve. Rabindranath originated a school for children at Santiniketan and it was around this center that the structure of an eccentric university developed through careful preparation.
Faculty of Visva Bharati University
- Professor Swapan Kumar Datta (Vice-chancellor)
- Ananda Chandra Sahoo (Professor)
- Bikash Mukherjee (Associate Professor & Head)
- Sarita Khettry (Associate Professor & Head)
- Anil Kumar (Associate Professor)
- Ms. Alibha Dakshi (Professor)
- Ms. Atanu Sasmal (Associate Professor)
- Services & Facilities
- Guest House
- Placement Cell
- Sports Board
- Disability Support Computing & Learning
- Student Welfare
- Proctor’s Office
- Information for Students
Vishwa Bharati University Contact Details:
- Address: Bolpur, West Bengal 731235
- Phone: 03463 262 751
- Vishwa Bharati University Official Website: www.visvabharati.ac.in
- DU Admission
- BHU Admission
- Dayalbagh Educational Institute Admission
- Ravenshaw University Admission
- Jadavpur University Admission
- JNU Admission
Note: All the fees & dates listed above for Vishwa Bharti University Admission are tentative. Please visit the University’s official website to verify.
Be the first to leave a review.