Visva Bharati University Admission 2022: 22 May 2022 is the last date to apply for Visva Bharati University Admission. VBU has announced that its UG courses will be admitted through the Common University Entrance Test (CUET). The online registration for the entrance test will be available starting on April 6, 2022. Registration will close on May 22, 2022. Students interested in applying must submit their applications by this date.
This university is located in Bolpur, West Bengal, was established in 1921 and is affiliated with UGC. It grants the status of a unitary, teaching, and residential university. It has a Library that is augmented with books, periodicals, journals, magazines, and other publications on a regular basis. The roles and responsibilities of all the major institutions have changed over time. It provides various UG, PG, and other programs in many streams. Students can check more courses that are Given Below.
Visva Bharati University Trending Updates:
- visvabharati.ac.in Admission Guidelines – 2022, (UNDERGRADUATE PROGRAMMES).”Click here“
- Common University Entrance Test 2022 registration process will start on April 6, 2022. The last date for online application is May 6, 2022. Click here for more information.
- The CUET score will be used for UG Admissions at Visva Bharati University in 2022-23. Registration will open on April 6, 2022, and close on May 6, 2022. More information is available here.
- The admission for the session 2021-22 has been closed now. The university is going to release the application form for the session 2022-23. Visit here to check the latest updates on the university’s official website.
- University has passed the Tentative Schedule (28 Jan 2022) for the Counseling of PG Programmes. (Source)
Visva Bharati University Admission Highlights
|University Name||Visva Bharati University|
|Type of University||Central University|
|University Contact Number||03463 262 751|
|UG Courses||BA, B.Sc., B.Mus., BFA, BPE, BSW|
|PG Courses||MA, M.Sc.|
|Diploma Courses||Arabic, Bengali, Chinese, French, German Hindi, Italian, Japanese, Marathi, Oriya, PaliPersian, Russian, Sanskrit, Santali, Tamil Tibetan, Urdu, Painting, Mural, Sculpture, Graphic Art, Design (Textiles /Ceramics)|
|Address||Bolpur, West Bengal 731235|
|Location||Bolpur, West Bengal 731235|
Visva Bharati University Admission 2022
Visva Bharati University provides admission for the certificate. UG, Diploma, PG, Advanced Diploma, and Doctoral courses. Applicants who want to pursue the courses can wait for the 2022 admission cycle, starting soon.
The university offers courses in the following fields: Humanities, Yogic art, Physical Education, education, agriculture, rural reconstruction, fine arts, dance and drama, music, sciences, and social science.
The admission cycle is in August. The scheduled dates will be posted on this website when the admission starts. The application process is online, and the university will not accept forms submitted offline. The application form will be posted on the university website. Fill out the blank fields and submit the application form and the necessary documents.
Some of the courses include BSc, BA, BSW, B.Ed, MSc, MA, etc. Admission to the courses is based on marks from the last passing level. The university makes the merit and provisional list from the marks scored from the previous qualifying level.
During the application process, applicants must pay an application fee. The general students must pay INR 1000, and the reserved students must pay INR 300. The university allows applicants to apply for more than one course, and applicants that apply for more than one course must pay an additional amount. General applicants must add an extra INR 400, and reserved applicants must add an extra INR 150.
Students must first check the eligibility criteria before filling out the application form. The university will cancel all the students’ application forms that do not meet the requirements. The eligibility criteria for undergraduate and postgraduate courses are different. The eligibility criteria of some of the courses are listed below:
Visva Bharati University UG Admission
The university offers various UG courses such as BA, BSc, B.Ed, BSW, etc. Applicants must have a Grade 12 pass from a recognized board or school. The university provides a 5% relaxation to the reserved applicants (SC/ST). The eligibility criteria of some of the courses are mentioned below.
Kala Bhavana, Sangit Bhavana, B.Sc (Honours) in Physical Education & Sports Sciences, Yoga Art & Science under Vinaya Bhavana, and B.Des from Silpa Sadana under Palli Samgathana Vibhaga, where 50:50 weightage will be given for the preparation of merit list on both CUET scores as well as Admission Test conducted by the Concern Department/Bhavana.
Applicants interested in getting admitted to Visva-Bharati’s UG program must select Visva-Bharati and the relevant subject during filling up the CUET 2022 form, and they should check the eligibility criteria as well before submitting the online application.
- BA (Hons.): The university provides BA in English, Bengali, Oriya, Hindi, Economics, Philosophy, History, mathematics, Persian, geography, Tibetan, Japanese, Tibetan, Chinese, etc. Applicants must have a 60% overall aggregate and a 60% in the subject relevant to the field.
- B.Sc: The university offers BSc in Mathematics, Chemistry, Physics, Botany, Statistics, Zoology, Computer Science, Agriculture, etc. Applicants must have a 60% overall aggregate and a 60% in the subject relevant to the field.
- BSW: The Bachelor of Social Work is a degree program at the undergraduate level offered by Visva Bharati University. Any student who has completed their 12th-grade board examination in any stream can apply for admission to this program.
Visva Bharati University PG Admission
The university offers various PGs such as MA, MSc, MSW, M.ed, MFA, MDES, etc. The university offers 17 MA specializations, 11 MSC specializations, and 2 MSc integrated. Applicants must have a UG degree from a recognized college.
- MA: The university offers MA in Bengali, Hindi, English, Rural development, Philosophy, Economics and Politics, Comparative religion, Persian, Chinese, Japanese, Suntali, Sanskrit, Odia, Comparative Lecture, Indo-Tibetan, etc. Applicants must have a BA degree relevant to the field of study.
- M.Sc: The university offers MSc in Biotechnology, Chemistry, Botany, Computer Science, Environmental Studies, Mathematics, Physics, Integrated Science, Zoology, Statistics, Agriculture, etc. Applicants must have a BSc degree relevant to the field.
Visva Bharati University Application Form 2022
Visva Bharati University provides admission to various courses, and the admission to the courses is through a duly filled application form. The application form is posted online on the official university site, and the registration process will be online except for M.Ed and B.Ed courses. Follow the steps listed below:
- Visit the VBU official site.
- Go to the “Admission” tab.
- Share your details to register.
- Provide a valid and active email and password to make the account.
- The email addressed will be used for further communications.
- Press the ‘Register’ tab.
2. Fill out the form
- Share your academic, personal, and contact details on the admission form.
- Upload a signed passport size photo. The photo must be 100KB and 4 cm * 3 cm.
- Click the ‘Submit’ button.
3. Pay the admission fee
- Use any of the following modes to pay the admission fee: net banking/credit card/debit card.
- The general students must pay INR 1 000, and if they are applying for two courses, they should add an extra INR 400.
- The reserved applicants(SC/ST) must pay INR 1 000, and if they are applying for two courses, they should add an extra INR 150.
- Review the displayed admission form and print it out.
- Keep the application form for further office use.
Applicants must have the following documents before starting the admission process:
- Birth Certificate
- Medical certificate
- Entrance test scorecards
- Scanned signature
- 2 passport size color photos
- Character certificate
- Class 10 mark sheet
- Class 12 mark sheet
- Class 12 certificate
- Class 10 certificate
Visva Bharati University Prospectus 2022: Download Now
A study of the development of Visva-Bharati during the generation of its creator, Rabindranath Tagore, offers an insight into what this institution was envisioned to achieve. Rabindranath originated a school for children at Santiniketan and it was around this center that the structure of an eccentric university developed through careful preparation.
Visva Bharati University Admission 2022 Offered Courses
|BA (Hons.)||Comparative Religion|
|Ancient Indian History Culture and Archaeology|
|MA||Ancient Indian History and Archaeology|
|Fine Arts and Painting|
|Agricultural Extension Education|
|Soil Science & Agricultural Chemistry|
|Hand-Made Paper Making|
|Ph.D||Ancient Indian History, Culture, and Arch.|
|Comparative Philosophy and Religion|
Visva Bharati University Merit list
CUET 2022 will be used to select students for undergraduate courses at the university. Additionally, the university accepts scores from national-level entrance exams for PG courses. VBU publishes a list of selected students for admission to postgraduate programs.
All applicants who submit their applications before the deadline will be eligible for the VBU entrance exam. After that, the university publishes a merit list of selected students for VBU’s MA, MA Education, MA Internal Social Science, and other programs. The university’s official website provides access to the Merit List for Visva Bharti University.
Faculty of Visva Bharati University
- Professor Swapan Kumar Datta (Vice-chancellor)
- Ananda Chandra Sahoo (Professor)
- Bikash Mukherjee (Associate Professor & Head)
- Sarita Khettry (Associate Professor & Head)
- Anil Kumar (Associate Professor)
- Ms. Alibha Dakshi (Professor)
- Ms. Atanu Sasmal (Associate Professor)
- Services & Facilities
- Guest House
- Placement Cell
- Disability SupportComputing & Learning
- Student Welfare
- Proctor’s Office
- Information for Students
Vishwa Bharati University Contact Details:
- Address: Bolpur, West Bengal 731235
- Phone: 03463 262 751
- Vishwa Bharati University Official Website: www.visvabharati.ac.in
- Dayalbagh Educational Institute Admission
- Ravenshaw University Admission
- Jadavpur University Admission
- JNU Admission
Note: All the fees & dates listed above for Vishwa Bharti University Admission are tentative. Please visit the University’s official website to verify.
Be the first to leave a review.