BLIS Admission 2022: BLIS stands for Bachelors of Library Science and Information is a UG level degree program that is completed in a duration of 1 year. Through this course, students become enough capable of managing and administrating the library. There are two study semesters within the complete duration. Mainly the preservation and maintenance of libraries are concerned with the learning of this course. Most of the subjects included in the BLIS syllabus are Library Classification, Library Cataloguing, Patriarchy and General Inequalities, Computer Applications in LICs, Library and Society, Information Source and Services, etc. There are multiple top public and private colleges where one can study BLIS degree courses. Most probably the admission process for BLIS starts every year in May.
Eligibility Criteria for BLIS Admission: There are some requirements to pursue the BLIS degree program and these must be met by students given as
- Completing the intermediate examination from a well-known institute and acquiring at least 50% overall.
- There will be a 45% total score required by the SC/ST candidates.
- Previous subjects are not required to be the same.
BLIS Admission Fee Structure: There is a varying amount of BLIS tuition fee that depends on the college and university type, however, an average estimated fee is INR 2000 to INR 50000.
Application Form or Admission Procedure: Most Universities in India are admitting students for the BLIS degree program based on their previous examination marks. Students also need a valid score on the entrance exam in case of applying to some specific universities. The entrance exams that are conducted for BLIS are CUET, BHU UET, BITSAT, OUCET, IPU CET, JNUEE, and DUET.
BLIS Admission Highlight
|BLIS Full form||Bachelor of Library Science|
|BLIS Admission||Merit and Entrance Based|
|Bachelor of Library Science Average Fees||INR 10,000 to INR 3,00,000|
|BLIS Colleges||Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University, Delhi University, Banaras Hindu University, IGNOU|
|BLIS Course Level||Under Graduate|
|BLIS Duration||1 Year|
|BLIS Eligibility||Passed Bachelor degree course with 50% marks|
|Bachelor of Library Science Entrance Exams||AMU BLIS,Calcutta BLIS, Sampurnanand Sanskrit University BLIS,JMI BLIS entrance exam|
Why Study BLIS?
Studying BLIS is proved to be beneficial in many ways and some of the advantages linked with this course are given as:
- This course is most important for candidates who want to make a career as a librarian and want to be appointed in most of the national as well as international libraries.
- Candidates after pursuing this degree become enough experts to manage the library.
- This course helps students to get jobs in other related professions as well.
- Students after being employed in any of the related fields can earn a good salary amount. An average salary amount these experts can earn is about INR 1.2 to INR 6 lacs per annum.
- This degree is also a way to be enrolled in other higher education degrees such as MLIS and others.
BLIS Admission 2022: How to Apply?
The application process in order to apply for the program in any of the universities is online. Students are advised to follow the below-given steps:
- Candidates first get the application form and select the right subject.
- Get your admission card and show up for the test.
- Qualify for the test and then appear in the interview.
- After selection continues the further process.
|Other Courses Admission 2022|
|BA Admission||DPharma Admission|
|BA Education Admission||MA Admission|
|BBA Admission||MBA Marketing Admission|
|BBM Admission||MBBS Admission|
|BCA Admission||MCA Admission|
Be the first to leave a review.