BLIS Admission 2022: BLIS stands for Bachelors of Library Science and Information is a UG level degree program that is completed in a duration of 1 year. Through this course, students become enough capable of managing and administrating the library. There are two study semesters within the complete duration. Mainly the preservation and maintenance of libraries are concerned with the learning of this course.
Most of the subjects included in the BLIS syllabus are Library Classification, Library Cataloguing, Patriarchy and General Inequalities, Computer Applications in LICs, Library and Society, Information Source and Services, etc. There are multiple top public and private colleges where one can study BLIS degree courses. Most probably the admission process for BLIS starts every year in May.
Eligibility Criteria for BLIS Admission: There are some requirements to pursue the BLIS degree program and these must be met by students given as
- Completing the intermediate examination from a well-known institute and acquiring at least 50% overall.
- There will be a 45% total score required by the SC/ST candidates.
- Previous subjects are not required to be the same.
BLIS Admission Fee Structure: There is a varying amounts of BLIS tuition fees that depend on the college/ University type, however, an average estimated fee is INR 2000 to INR 50000.
BLIS Admission Highlights
|BLIS Full form||Bachelor of Library Science|
|Admission Process||Merit and Entrance Based|
|Bachelor of Library Science Average Fees||INR 10,000 to INR 3,00,000|
|Top University for BLIS Admission||Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University, Delhi University, Banaras Hindu University, IGNOU|
|Course Level||Under Graduate|
|BLIS Course Duration||1 Year|
|Eligibility Criteria||Passed Bachelor’s degree course with 50% marks|
|Bachelor of Library Science Entrance Exams||AMU BLIS, Calcutta BLIS, Sampurnanand Sanskrit University BLIS, JMI BLIS entrance exam|
BLIS Admission Updates
- Ignou has started taking BLIS Admission 2022, and the last date is 10 October 2022. Know More
- Arunachal University is taking BLIS Admission for the 2022 session. All interested students can Apply Now. Know More
- DSEU Delhi for BLIS Admission 2022 has started and will close soon. Apply Now. Know More
BLIS Application Form 2022
Most Universities in India are admitting students for the BLIS degree program based on their previous examination marks. Students also need a valid score on the entrance exam in case of applying to some specific universities. The entrance exams that are conducted for BLIS are CUET, BHU UET, BITSAT, OUCET, IPU CET, JNUEE, and DUET.
BLIS Admission 2022: How to Apply?
The application process in order to apply for the program in any of the universities is online. Students are advised to follow the below-given steps:
- Candidates first get the application form and select the right subject.
- Get your admission card and show up for the test.
- Qualify for the test and then appear in the interview.
- After selection continues the further process.
Why Study BLIS?
Studying BLIS is proved to be beneficial in many ways and some of the advantages linked with this course are given as follows:
- This course is most important for candidates who want to make a career as a librarian and want to be appointed in most of the national as well as international libraries.
- Candidates after pursuing this degree become enough experts to manage the library.
- This course helps students to get jobs in other related professions as well.
- Students after being employed in any of the related fields can earn a good salary amount. An average salary amount these experts can earn is about INR 1.2 to INR 6 lacs per annum.
- This degree is also a way to be enrolled in other higher education degrees such as MLIS and others.
IGNOU BLIS Admission 2022
IGNOU BLIS Admission 2022 the last date is extended till 10 October 2022. It will offer a BLIS course in the 2022-23 academic year. Students can complete the course in as little as two years. Anyone with a bachelor’s degree and a 50% pass rate is eligible to take this course. Students are selected based on their merits. A bachelor’s degree in library and information science is required for students who wish to work in the field of library science.
How To Apply IGNOU BLIS?
- Visit the official website of the university.
- Click on the Apply Now button available on the home page of the university.
- Download the admission form and fill it out with the correct details.
- Attach all the required documents.
- After paying the admission one can submit their application.
- Also, keep a hard copy of the application form for future references.
BLIS Admission Entrance Exams 2022
Admission to the BLIS one-year program has been offered in two modes (entrance, and non-entrance). This section is built to provide entrance exam details for the BLIS admission.
Aligarh Muslim University (AMU) conducts an entrance exam for the admission to BLIS program. The last date to enrol for the AMU entrance test for the current session has been closed. The date was passed on 31 May 2022. Candidates shall enrol in the next academic session for the AMU CUET.
The merit list of the qualified candidates is always updated on the official portal of the university. Candidates who have passed the test can proceed to complete the admission process. The application or entrance test fee for the AMU BLIS program is INR 300. Individuals can deposit CUET fees online by choosing the debit/credit, or net banking option.
JMI Entrance Exam
The JMI Entrance exam application form for the self-financed program of the June session is expected to start in the next few weeks. The entrance exam fee for JMI is INR 700. The application fee for the BLIS one-year entrance test can be deposited online. But, candidates are required to appear in the exam, and counselling sessions offline.
BLIS Career Aspects and Scope
There are numerous industries and routes where BLIS career prospects are offered to students in India. Numerous firms today demand people with expertise in library science and information technology due to the evolution of information technology. Following completion of the BLIS programme, employment opportunities are attainable in the government, commercial, and educational sectors.
In India, there are numerous governmental and commercial businesses, agencies, academic institutions, etc., that offer BLIS jobs. BLIS careers in India typically offer a variety of opportunities for graduates. BLIS graduates can find lucrative careers in artistic and cultural archives, film and photography studios, cataloguing departments, and libraries. Some of the BLIS positions in India that are available to graduates are listed below:
- Project Assistant
- Library Trainee
- Storage Specialist
- Deputy Librarian
- Library Information Assistant
- Information Architect
Entities are offering alluring packages to entice more and more individuals to work for them as the need for students with an understanding of library management and information technology grows. However, compensation plans vary depending on the type of company. At entry-level, a worker can make somewhere between INR 12,000 and 20,000, but the wage level rises significantly after that.
Area of Recruitment
Candidates have the choice to work in a variety of services, including benchmark services, the collection section, independent searches, customer support, and archiving, which is a particularly profitable feature of the BLIS course’s job scope. The typical wage for B.Lib positions is also increasing as a result of ongoing advancements in managerial training and information technology, which have created a number of new work opportunities for BLIS course graduates.
Candidates who want to continue higher education but do not want to promptly apply for BLIS jobs might choose an MBA, MPhil, PhD, or any other appropriate diploma programme. The following are the prime locations for hiring for BLIS course jobs:
- Institutional Libraries
- Public Libraries
- Research Centers
- Archiving Centers
- Collection departments
- Cultural Archives
- Film Studio, etc.
Opportunities in the Government Sector
The B.Lib employment compensation in the government sector is INR 2 to 5 LPA, as per Payscale. Graduates are qualified to apply for BLIS jobs in the government sector after completing the BLIS course. In India, the government provides a greater range of options for Bachelor of Library and Information students. An entrance examination is the foundation of the employment process, which is typically accompanied by an in-person interview. Libraries in Ministries and Government Departments, National Level Documentation Centers, Science and Development Centers, National Galleries and Archives, Central Govt Libraries, etc. are among the top government sectors in India that recruit for BLIS jobs.
Opportunities in the Commercial Sector
Both the public and private sectors provide attractive career opportunities for BLIS graduates. Graduates can find work as information architects, curators, storage experts, associate technical supervisors, metadata librarians, etc. BLIS work prospects are available in the private sector in private research centres, movie studios, commercial institutes, and database corporations. The range of a B.Lib.I.Sc employment wage varies on the person’s skill level and expertise.
Top Universities Offering BLIS Admission
- Sam Higginbottom Institute of Agriculture Technology and Science
- Tamil Nadu Open University
- Christ University
- Yashwantrao Chavan Maharashtra Open University
- Utkal University
- OPJS University
- University of Mumbai
- Banaras Hindu University
- Maharaja Sayajirao University of Baroda
- University of Lucknow
- Kurukshetra University
- Indira Gandhi National Open University
- Pondicherry University
- Karnataka State Open University
- Maulana Azad National Urdu University
- Madras University
- Maharshi Dayanand University
- Dr BR Ambedkar Open University
- Devi Ahilya Vishwavidyalaya
- Vardhman Mahaveer Open University
- Central University of Haryana
- Annamalai University
- Savitribai Phule Pune University
- University of Kashmir
- Jamia Millia Islamia
- Aligarh Muslim University
- UP Rajarshi Tandon Open University
- Chhatrapati Shahu ji Maharaj University
- Central University of Kerala
- Central University of Jharkhand
|Other Courses Admission 2022|
|BA Admission||DPharma Admission|
|BA Education Admission||MA Admission|
|BBA Admission||MBA Marketing Admission|
|BBM Admission||MBBS Admission|
|BCA Admission||MCA Admission|
Be the first to leave a review.