Patna University Admission: 4 June 2022 was the last date to apply for Patna University Admission 2022 for UG programmes. Interested students can apply for BA (Hons), BSc (Hons), BCom (Hons), BSW, BCA, BMC, etc. by visiting the official website. The admission process will be based on PUCET 2022 (Patna University Common Entrance Test). Students must submit the application form before the last date.
Patna University recently closed its admissions for the last session, and its admission dates for the next session will be announced shortly. Arts, Commerce, Science, Education, Management, Law, Medical, etc., are all involved in the admission process.
The university offers courses at the undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral levels. The following are some common courses offered by Patna University.
- Undergraduate Courses: B.Sc Hons. (Maths and Biology), B.A Hons, B.Com Hons., BCA, BFA, BBA, BSW, LLB, Bachelor of Biotechnology, Bachelor of Environmental Science, Bachelor of Mass Communication.
- Master’s Degrees: M.A., M.Sc., M.Com., M.Ed., LLM, M.Lib.Sc., MBA, and MCA.
- There are PhD programs in psychology, geology, mathematics, philosophy, law, Bengali, political science, English, music, economics, and Sanskrit.
The admission is entrance examination based. Applicants are required to clear an entrance examination to be accepted. MBA and MA Students have to pass any of the following CAT/MAT/ATMA and JMEET, and for PhD, they have the PAT entrance test. The aspirants have to clear any of these BLET/MEET/MLET/BEET/PAT for the other programs.
Registration Fees: The university request students to pay for their application forms, and the fee must be paid during the second stage of the admission process. The entry cost for UG programs is INR 300, and for PG programs are INR 500.
Patna University Trending Updates:
- 4 June 2022 was the last date of Patna University Admission 2022.
- Patna University UG Admission 2022 has begun, students can apply for admission till 4 June 2022. Know more
- The university will soon release applications for the UG, PG & other courses. Visit here
- Patna University has released exam forms for MA/MSc/MCom/LLM/MEd and more programs semester-1. Students can apply without a late fee between 12 February 2022 and 28 February 2022. The deadline for submitting a form with a late fee is 02 March 2022. Click here
- The results for the various courses are out now on the official website of Patna University. Click here to check your result.
- The online spot round counselling process has been closed. For more details visit here.
- Patna University releases merit list for postgraduate courses for session 2021-22. Check here
- Patna University has commenced registration for PG courses session 2021-22 at Postgraduate Department according to merit lists, last date to apply was 22 January 2022.
Patna University Admission Highlights
|University Name||Patna University|
|Type of University||State University|
|Offered UG Courses||B.Lib|
|Offered PG Courses||M.A, M.Sc, M.Com, M.Ed, LL.M|
Certificate Course in GIS and Remote Sensing (CGRS)
Ashok Rajpath, Near Patna College, Patna, Bihar 800005
Patna University Admission 2022
Patna University has released the applications for UG courses, students can apply for admission to BA (Hons), BSc (Hons), BCom (Hons), BSW, BCA, etc. The last date to apply for admission is 4 June 2022. All candidates must submit applications before the last date.
The UG programs include B.A., B.Sc., B.Com., BBA, BFA, and the like. To be eligible for all undergraduate programs, students must achieve a minimum of 40% at an intermediate level. Students must take the PUCET entrance exam in order to take these courses at this university. It is essential that they pass the exam well to be accepted into the program. If you wish to apply for a B.Lib.Sc, LLB, or B.Ed degree program, graduation from an accredited university is a requirement. Students selected for admission must take the BLET and BEET. Courses are offered at BU in Patna.
In addition, many other UG & PG courses are also offered. Among its degrees is Master of Arts, Master of Science, Master of Science in Computing, Master of Library Science, Master of Communication Arts, and Master of Laws degrees. Candidates must hold a bachelor’s degree in relevant fields to be eligible. Merit-based admissions are also available. There are various admission tests to choose from at Patna University. The MLET and MEET must be taken by students seeking an LLM or M.Ed. GD and PI scores are also taken by the university, along with CAT/MAT/ATMA/JMET scores.
Patna University UG Admission 2022
4 June 2022 is the last date for online application form submission to Patna University UG Admission 2022. At the undergraduate level, Patna University offers BA, B.Sc, BCA, BSW, and B.Library degrees. In order to apply for these courses, students must have passed a 10+2 exam. However, some programmes, such as B.Ed, LLB, and B.Lis, require applicants to have a Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field. PUCET scores will be used to determine admission to BA, B.Sc, and B.Com programmes. Online applications for undergraduate admission will be available from July 2022.
- BA: In India, a bachelor’s degree in arts is very common. Patna University accepts students who have passed 10+2. The admissions process will be based on the student’s performance in the last exam. They must have completed their previous education at a recognized institution.
- BBA: The Bachelor of Business Administration program is offered in various specializations over a three-year period. Candidates with a 10+2 with at least 50% marks are eligible for the BBA program at Patna University.
Patna University PG Admission
- MA: The Master of Arts program lasts two years. A bachelor’s degree or equivalent in any stream from any UGC-recognized university can be applied to an MA degree program at Patna University. The previous degree must come from an accredited university.
- MSW: Patna University offers a postgraduate degree program in social work. Students with a BSW or an equivalent degree are eligible to apply for this course.
Patna University Admission 2022 Important Date
For UG Courses:
|Application form Start||2 May 2022|
|Patna University Admission Last Date||4 June 2022|
|PUCET Entrance Test||19 June 2022|
|Entrance result date||10 July 2022|
|Merit List||20 July 2022|
|Counselling||1 August 2022|
For PG Courses:
|Application form Starts||1st week of June 2022|
|Last Date of the application form||4th week of June 2022|
|Entrance Test||1st week of July 2022|
|Entrance Result date||2nd week of July 2022|
1st week of August 2022
4th week of August 2022
Patna University Application Form 2022
How To Apply for Patna University Admission-
- Go to Patna University’s official website.
- Select ‘Apply Online’, then ‘New User/ Register Here’
- Pay the INR 670 application fee (which includes the quota and application processing fees) using a credit/ debit card, UPI, Wallet, or Net-Banking.
- Must be save all the details of Patna University Admission form and fee challan paid and send it to the university by mail with required documents.
Patna University Entrance Test 2022
Patna University Admission Test known as PAT is an annual entrance exam for admission to the University. Through this exam, one can take entry to PU for various courses including the PhD degree program. In particular, this entrance exam is taken for PhD course. The link to the official website https://pup.ac is where the application forms for PAT will be obtained and students can download these to fill.
Patna University itself organizes and conducts this admission test. The PAT entrance exam will consist of two question papers and a total of 100 questions will be there in each. One paper of 100 questions will be composed of 100 marks. Every question will be in the MCQ format. There is one mark for each rightly selected answer, without having any negative marking. The time required to complete one paper will be 120 minutes i.e. two hours.
- PhD: Anyone who desires to get entry to learn a PhD Degree at Patna University will have to qualify for PAT. Other than the entrance exam, its merit-based criteria are passing a master’s degree in the subject of relevance. Candidates’ marks in the last qualifying exam need to be at least 55% or more will be preferred.
Patna University Course Admissions
|B.A. (Hindi)||3 Years|
|B.A. (History)||3 Years|
|B.A. (Home Science)||3 Years|
|B.A. (Hons.) (English)||3 Years|
|B.A. (Maithili)||3 Years|
|B.A. (Mathematics)||3 Years|
|B.A. (Music Vocal)||3 Years|
|B.Sc. (Industrial Microbiology)||3 Years|
|B.Sc. (Biotechnology)||3 Years|
|B.Sc. (Botany)||3 Years|
|B.A. (Persian)||3 Years|
|B.A. (Philosophy)||3 Years|
|B.A. (Political Science)||3 Years|
|B.A. (Psychology)||3 Years|
|B.A. (Sanskrit)||3 Years|
|B.A. (Sociology)||3 Years|
|B.A. (Statistics)||3 Years|
|B.A. (Urdu)||3 Years|
|Bachelor of Library and Information Science (B.Lib.I.Sc.)||1 Year|
|B.A. (Ancient Indian History & Archaeology)||3 Years|
|B.A. (Arabic)||3 Years|
|B.A. (Bengali)||2 Years|
|B.A. (Economics)||3 Years|
|B.A. (English)||3 Years|
|B.A. (Geography)||3 Years|
|B.Sc. (Chemistry)||3 Years|
|B.Sc. (Environmental Science)||3 Years|
|B.Sc. (Geology)||3 Years|
|B.Sc. (Hons.) (Computer Science)||3 Years|
|B.Sc. (Mathematics)||3 Years|
|B.Sc. (Physics)||3 Years|
|B.Sc. (Statistics)||3 Years|
|B.B.A. (Hons.)||3 Years|
|Post Graduate Diploma in Women’s Studies||1 Year|
|Post Graduate Diploma in Women’s Studies||1 Year|
|Post Graduate Diploma in Industrial Safety||2 Years|
|M.A. (Ancient History)||2 Years|
|M.A. (Ancient Indian History and Archaeology)||2 Years|
|M.A. (Anthropology)||2 Years|
|M.A. (Arabic)||2 Years|
|M.A. (Archaeology)||2 Years|
|M.A. (Bengali)||2 Years|
|M.A. (Criminology and Police Administration)||2 Years|
|M.A. (Economics)||2 Years|
|M.A. (Education)||2 Years|
|M.A. (English)||2 Years|
|M.A. (Geography)||2 Years|
|M.A. (Hindi)||2 Years|
|M.A. (History)||2 Years|
|M.A. (Home Science)||2 Years|
|M.A. (Maithili)||2 Years|
|M.A. (Music)||2 Years|
|M.A. (Persian)||2 Years|
|M.A. (Philosophy)||2 Years|
|M.A. (Political Science)||2 Years|
|M.A. (Psychology)||2 Years|
|M.A. (Sanskrit)||2 Years|
|M.A. (Social Work)||2 Years|
|M.A. (Sociology)||2 Years|
|M.A. (Urdu)||2 Years|
|M.A. (Women’s Studies)||2 Years|
|Post Graduate Diploma in Population and Development Education||1 Year|
|Post Graduate Diploma in Clinical Psychology||1 Year|
|Post Graduate Diploma in Health, Family Welfare, and Population Education||1 Year|
|Post Graduate Diploma in Public Administration||1 Year|
|Post Graduate Diploma in Spoken Persian||1 Year|
|Post Graduate Diploma in Urdu Journalism and Mass Communication||1 Year|
|Post Graduate Diploma in Water Resource Management||1 Year|
|Post Graduate Diploma in Women and Child Welfare||1 Year|
|M.Sc. (Applied Microbiology)||2 Years|
|M.Sc. (Aquaculture)||2 Years|
|M.Sc. (Biochemistry)||2 Years|
|M.Sc. (Biodiversity & Conservation)||2 Years|
|M.Sc. (Biotechnology)||2 Years|
|M.Sc. (Botany)||2 Years|
|M.Sc. (Chemistry)||2 Years|
|M.Sc. (Environmental Science)||2 Years|
|M.Sc. (Geology)||2 Years|
|M.Sc. (Mathematics)||2 Years|
|M.Sc. (Physics)||2 Years|
|M.Sc. (Statistics)||2 Years|
|M.Sc. (Zoology)||2 Years|
|M.A. (Personnel Management and Industrial Relations)||2 Years|
|M.A. (Rural Development)||2 Years|
|Post Graduate Diploma in Actuarial Science||1 Year|
|Post Graduate Diploma in Bioinformatics (PGDBI)||1 Year|
|Post Graduate Diploma in Advertising, Marketing and Sales Management||1 Year|
|Post Graduate Diploma in Financial Management||1 Year|
|Post Graduate Diploma in Human Resource Development||1 Year|
|Post Graduate Diploma in Human Resource Management (PGDHRM)||2 Years|
|Post Graduate Diploma in Marketing Management||2 Years|
|Post Graduate Diploma in Operations Management||2 Years|
|D.Litt. (Arts)||2 Years|
|Certificate Course in GIS and Remote Sensing (CGRS)||
Patna University Scholarship 2022
University provides various types of scholarships to students who enrol for Patna University Admission 2022. This scholarship is also provided by the university to the students.
- 2500 Scholarships for the Students with Disabilities
- Scholarships for students of disabilities
- Mexican Govt.Scholarship 2015 for International Students.
Patna University Affiliated Colleges List:
- Magadh Mahila College, Patna
- Patna Law College, Patna
- Patna Dental College and Hospital, Patna
- Patna Women’s College, Patna
- Patna Science College, Patna
- Patna College, Patna
- Bihar National College, Patna
- College of Arts and Crafts, Patna
Patna University University Facilities
- Humanities and Management.
- Materials and Metallurgical Engineering.
- Mining and Geology.
- Computer and Information Technology.
- Electrical, Electronics & Telecommunication and Instrumentation.
- Emerging Technologies.
Patna University Departments
- Department of Humanities
- Department of Medicine
- Department of Social Sciences
- Department of Commerce
- Department of Law
- Department of Science
- Department of Engineering
- Department of Fine Arts
- Department of Education
Patna University Contact Details:
- Patna University Official Website: https://patnauniversity.org.in
Note: All the fees & dates listed above for Patna University Admission 2022 are tentative. Please visit the university’s official website to verify.
Be the first to leave a review.