MTech Admission 2024: MTech stands for Master of Technology and is a 2-year postgraduate engineering program offered in various specializations. The curriculum focuses on advanced engineering concepts, latest technologies, research & development, etc. To apply for MTech, one must have a BTech/BE degree in the relevant engineering branch. Admissions are through entrance exams like GATE, CAT, or institute-level tests. The average fees for MTech programs range between Rs 50,000 to Rs 3 lakhs per annum. After completing MTech, graduates can work as engineers, researchers, and consultants in product companies, technology firms, government institutions, etc. M Tech Admission is ongoing at the IMTS Institute. To apply online, go to www.imtsinstitute.com, select the desired MTech program, and complete the program form as instructed.
M.Tech Admission Updates (February 2024)
- Currently, the Indian Institute of Science (IIS) is accepting applications for M.tech admission and the last date to apply is 22 March 2024. Source
- Vellore Institute of Technology conducts VITMEE exam for M.tech admission and interested student can apply by 28 APR 2024. Source
- SRM Institute of Science and Technology conducts the SRMJEE entrance exam for admission to M.Tech programs across its various campuses. SRMJEEE will be conducted in two phases, the first phase is expected to start on April 19, 2024, and the second phase is expected to start on June 21, 2024. Source
- Jain University Bangalore is accepting applications for B.Tech and M.Tech programs in 2024.
MTech Admission 2024 Highlights
|Masters of Technology
|About the Course
|MTech is a 2-year postgraduate program divided into 4 semesters. It focuses on new technologies and their applications, emphasizing research fields.
|BTech Degree or relevant technology degree from a recognized Institute or University.
|GATE, IPU CET, BHU PET, CEETA-PG
|INR 50,000 to 6.20 Lakh per annum (varies by institute)
|UGC and AICTE
|Solution Consultant, Software Engineer, Maintenance Team Engineer, Product Manager, Sales Manager
|Entrance Exam (mainly GATE) or Merit
|Computer Science and Engineering, Transportation Engineering, Environmental Engineering and Management, and others.
|IMTS Institute, Subharti University, Singhania University
|Infosys, Tata Consultancy Services, Wipro, HCL Technologies, Tech Mahindra, Accenture, Cognizant, IBM.
Eligibility Criteria for MTech Admission 2024
Students who desire to pursue MTech program at any university or institution must need to complete the following criteria for admission.
- For the MTech course, Students must have their B.Tech Degree through a recognized Institute or University.
- Apart from that, Students who have any relevant degree course in technology are also eligible for the MTech course.
- The entrance test is also a part of eligibility, Mostly University enrollment is based on an entrance test.
- DUET, GATE, IPU CET, BHU PET, and CEETA-PG are the top entrance exams for MTech Admission.
- There is no age limit for the MTech courses.
- MSc, MS, MCA, MBBS, B.Pharm, B.VSc, BDS ( in the appropriate area ) also can apply for Mtech Specializations.
- MBBS, B.Pharm, B.VSc, and BDS Degree students are eligible for Mtech Biomedical Engineering.
- B.Tech. from IITs with a CGPA of more than 8.0 (for SC/ST 7.5) are eligible to take admission without the GATE Entrance Exam.
MTech Fee Structure: Depending on the institute to institute the fee for the M-Tech degree program varies and an overall estimated range for the fees is INR 50K to 6.2 lacs per annum.
Admission Process: Most probably M.Tech Admission is an entrance exam based on this course because of the huge demand for this course. Most of the universities taking admission to MTech programs are based on GATE.
Top Universities for MTech Admission: MTech courses can be pursued by top Universities such as Jain University, Jadavpur University, Jamia Millia Islamia, IIT Delhi, and so on.
MTech Admission 2024
MTech Application form portal will open soon in many top government, private, and state universities. The application form will be available at the online portal. Admission will be based on the entrance exam and merit score.
Here are some national and state-level entrance exams that are conducted as well as some universities that conduct their own entrance exams. If a student is interested in getting a place in an M-Tech program, they will have to clear any of the following tests: TANCET, UPSEE, OJEE, GATE, and others.
GATE and AP PGCET 2024 is the most well-known entrance exam which is conducted for MTech Admission. Anna University used AP PGCET for the MTech course. The application form is available at the online portal of the selected University.
MTech Admission’s basic eligibility criteria are a student should have a BTech degree in the same specialization. In the last BTech degree, one must have earned more than 60% marks and the degree must be obtained from an AICTE-approved institute.
M-Tech Admission 2024: How to Apply?
Every institute will accept MTech Admission applications in online mode at their official websites so to fill out the form check the steps below:
- Click on the University website to open it and then open the admission portal.
- Obtain the online application form and complete it on your computer with all the required details.
- Also, check if you are completely eligible or not.
- Pay the application fee and submit its DD too.
- After successful submission keep on checking the website for the entrance exam date.
DU MTech Admission 2024
MTech programs admission offered at DU and its affiliate colleges. To become eligible for admission, students need to pass the BTech or other equivalent degree from a well-recognized university or institution in India. also, students must obtain at least 50 percent marks in the same. Apart from this candidates also pass the entrance exam before admission such as GATE, CET, JNTU, etc.
DTE MTech Admission 2024
A wide range of institutes in India are offering DTE MTech Admission, which will provide aspiring candidates with a platform to pursue advanced studies in engineering and technology. With a focus on academic excellence and research opportunities, this competitive admission process requires applicants to meet specific eligibility criteria and clear standardized exams. Aspirants must prepare diligently, submit all the required documents, and adhere to the deadlines for the application.
MDU Rohtak MTech Admission 2024
Candidates looking for MTech admission at MDU must pass BE, BTech, or equivalent with at least 50% marks from a recognized university in India. MDU offers admission based on entrance exams like GATE or overall academic performance. MTech program fee at MDU is INR 81,112 per annum.
DTU Admission 2024
DTU Registration is open for MTech courses Admission for the 2024 session till 25 May 2024. The M.Tech degree is a professional two-year master’s degree programme in technology Those students who pass their graduation can apply for this course. M.Tech degrees are available in a variety of specializations.
There are 20 M.Tech. programs offered in different disciplines by BTU University. Some of MTech courses are mentioned in below the section
- M.Tech. in Polymer Technology (PTE)
- M.Tech. in Nano Science and Technology (NST)
- M.Tech. in Bioinformatics (BIO)
- M.Tech. in Industrial Biotechnology (IBT)
- M.Tech. in Geotechnical Engineering (GTE)
- M.Tech. in Hydraulics & Water Resources Engineering (HRE)
- M.Tech. in Structural Engineering (STE)
- M.Tech. in Geoinformatics (GINF)
IISC Bangalore MTech Admission 2024
Indian Institute of Science is offering Mtech courses with various specializations. MTech admission has begun at IISC and the last date to apply was 26 March. MTech Admission selection will be based on the GATE 2024 which was conducted on 17 April.
Students who have an undergraduate degree in engineering, technology, architecture, or any other related field can apply for this MTech Admission at IISC Bangalore easily if they have an undergraduate degree in the related field. The Indian Institute of Science offers some of the most prestigious specializations in the field of MTech check out the following list.
- MTech in Aerospace Engineering (AE)
- MTech in Artificial Intelligence (AI)
- MTech in Bioengineering (BE)
- MTech in Civil Engineering (CE)
- MTech in Chemical Engineering (CH)
- MTech in Earth and Climate Sciences (ECS)
- MTech in Computational and Data Science (CP)
- MTech in Computer Science & Engineering (CS)
- MTech in Electronics and Communication Engineering (EC)
- MTech in Electronic Systems Engineering (ED)
- MTech in Electrical Engineering (EE)
- MTech in Electronic Product Design (EPD)
- MTech in Mobility Engineering (MobE)
- MTech in Instrumentation Systems (INS)
- MTech in Mechanical Engineering (ME)
- MTech in Materials Engineering (MT)
- MTech in Microelectronics and VLSI Design (MV)
- MTech in Semiconductor Technology (SemT)
- MTech in Quantum Technology (QT)
- MTech in Robotics and Autonomous Systems (RAS)
- MTech in Smart Manufacturing(SM)
- MTech in Signal Processing (SP)
M.Tech Top Specializations
By taking into account the interests of specific applicants, M Tech offers a variety of specialties in the two-year curriculum. Some candidates are interested in a certain field, and a variety of programs have been developed that will undoubtedly lead to a successful career to ensure their specialization and requirements.
Here is a summary of the specializations that make up the M Tech program:
- MTech Information Technology: The program with the fastest rate of growth when it comes to technology is the Mtech in Information Technology. This training is entirely focused on cutting-edge computational methods and impending technologies. It is a future course that will present a package brimming with opportunities.
- MTech Computer Science: Another popular option is the Mtech in Computer Science, which allows students to gain comprehensive computer knowledge as well as practical abilities in software, hardware, programming, algorithms, and other areas that will serve as the foundation for all future careers.
- MTech Mechanical Engineering: Aspirants study the manufacture, development, composition, etc. of machines and other technological devices in this curriculum. Companies require more mechanical engineers to progress as a result of the rapid increase of technical experts and the evolution of technology.
- MTech Electronics and Communications: Students will learn about the equipment that links electronics with the most recent computerized communication technologies as part of their master’s degree. It opens up chances in the telecommunications and electronics industries.
- MTech Biotechnology: Students look at how living things function biologically. They use biotechnological talents in the fields of microbiological, wildlife, botanical, and human biology and wellness, agriculture, and the ecosystem. Obtaining an MTech in Biotechnology gives students information about germs, antibiotics study, tissues, and cellular culture. Students can find employment as quality inspectors, associate engineers, biochemists, microbiologists, etc. after earning their MTech.
- MTech Automobile Engineering: The Department of Aeronautical & Automobile Engineering offers an MTech in Automotive Engineering course that is open to students from all over the world. The motive of this course is to examine advances in engines, power trains, materials, reliability, and the safety of modern automobiles, along with the developments in these areas.
- MTech Manufacturing Engineering: This is one of the master of technology specializations which is designed to provide learning Design and Analysis of Machine Tools, Metrology and Computer-Aided Inspection, CNC Technology and Programming, Mechatronics, and Robotics, and Mechatronics Laboratory apart from that students can make their career in the field of a manufacturing engineer, production manager, project manager, maintenance engineer, design engineer.
IIT Specialisations for MTech Admission 2024
|IIT MTech Specializations
|IIT Eligibility Criteria
|MTech Chemical Engineering
|B Tech/B.E/M Sc with valid score of GATE
|MTech Water Resources and
|B.Tech/B.E in Civil, Environmental, Water Resources, Agricultural Engineering and related
areas with valid scores of GATE.
|MTech Computer Science and
|B.Tech /B.E/MCA or M.Sc in the appropriate area with a valid GATE score in Computer Science and Information Technology(CS), Electronics and Communication Engineering (EC), and Mathematics (MA)
|MTech Artificial Intelligence
|B.Tech /B.E/MCA in the appropriate area with a valid GATE score in Computer Science and Information Technology(CS),
|MTech Power Engineering
|B. Tech./B.E or M. Sc. in the appropriate area
B.Tech. from IITs are eligible to apply without GATE.
|MTech Mechanical Engineering
|B.Tech./B.E in Mechanical Engineering or relevant area
|MTech Computational Mechanics
|B.Tech or BE in Mechanical, Aerospace, Production, or Automobile Engineering
|MTech Biomedical Engineering
|A Bachelor’s degree in engineering (BE / BTech), with a minimum of 60% marks and a valid GATE score.
A Master’s degree in Science (MSc / MS), or equivalent, with a minimum of 60% marks and a valid GATE score.
A Bachelor’s degree in medicine/surgery (MBBS), pharmaceutical sciences (BPharm), veterinary science (BVSc), or dental surgery (BDS), with a minimum of 60% marks and a valid GATE score.
* Table Information is tentative it may be changed through IIT.
IIT MTech Admission 2024
Students can opt for admission to many specializations in the M.Tech program offered by IIT. Specializations such as M.Tech (Information Technology), M.Tech (Civil Engineering), M.Tech (Chemical Engineering), M.Tech (Computer Science), M.Tech (Mechanical Engineering), M.Tech (Electrical Engineering), and so on.
To be admitted to IIT in M.tech students must have satisfied certain eligibility criteria for the course. Students must have completed a BTech degree with minimum qualifying marks (50%-60%) from any respective university. Apart From that students must have a qualified GATE entrance test to get admission.
GATE (Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering) is a well-known entrance examination which is conducted by NTA (National Testing Agency). Each year IIT MTech (Master of Technology) Admissions are based on GATE Entrance.
IIT Delhi MTech Admission 2024
Registration for the MTech course is open at the Indian Institute of Technology (Delhi). The deadline for Registration was 31 May at @www.iiitd.ac.in. Students can here for M.Tech. Computer Science and Engineering, M.Tech Electronics and Communications Engineering, M.Tech. Computational Biology.
IIT Delhi (Indian Institute of Technology Delhi) is a public institute located in Delhi. Students have various course options to pursue and admission will be given based on the entrance exam. To become eligible for IIT Delhi bachelor’s degree must with at least a 50 percent score.
IIT Madras MTech Admission 2024
Indian Institute of Technology Madras is one of the top reputed engineering colleges in India. It provides top-class MTech course study in a variety of specializations. MTech courses are available in more than 10 subjects, and around a total of 300+ seats are there. Admission will be granted based on the GATE score. Generally, registration at IIT Madras MTech starts in April month.
IIT Bombay MTech Admission 2024
According to the NIRF rankings, IIT Bombay, founded in 1958, is now rated third among engineering schools. IIT Bombay offers admission to all programs through various national-level entrance exams, such as the JEE Advanced for B.Tech, the GATE for M.Tech, the CEED for M.Des, and the JAM for M.Sc.
IIT BHU MTech Admission 2024
IIT BHU is a public technical university which is located in Uttar Pradesh. The institution offers a wide range of courses in addition to MTech courses. Candidates seeking admission to the MTech program at IIT BHU must have earned a BTech degree or an equivalent from an Indian university with a minimum cumulative GPA of 50–55%. Additionally, Aspirants need to have cleared a legitimate GATE entrance exam.
M.Tech Entrance Exam 2024
The Master of Technology (M.Tech) course duration is two years. This is one of the prominent courses pursued by many students. The main purpose of the courses is to transmit learners’ righteous understanding of various subjects such as power electronics, mathematical background, networking, advanced programming principles, and so on. There are various entrance tests for Master of Technology (M.Tech ) programs such as GATE, TANCET, CUET, IPU CET, AP EAPCET, DUET, JNUEE, and so on.
GATE Entrance registration is now closed for MTech Admission. the last date to apply will be 20 October for the MCom GATE Entrance. Students can check out more details at @gate2024.iisc.ac.in.
The registration/admission procedure will be done online for all the programs. The process of filling out the application form can be done online at NTA.
MTech Admission without GATE
The demand for MTech admissions is increasing every day. Many students prepare for the GATE entrance exam to get into various colleges. Some colleges and universities only offer this two-year master’s degree program based on merit, even though many require entrance examinations. The following universities do not require GATE scores for MTech admission.
- Hyderabad University
- Jawaharlal Nehru University
- The University of Delhi
- Jamia Millia Islamia
- Tezpur University
- Pondicherry University
- Banaras Hindu University
- Aligarh Muslim University
MTech Career Opportunities & Scope
MTech programme gives aspirants access to a specialist course with a thorough knowledge of particular technological courses. In technology and Multinational industries, aspirants will be exposed to wonderful careers. M Tech, students can keep working on their existing careers while completing the course.
Students benefit from having a successful career in both the government and corporate sectors. A better job may also be sought after internationally. Here are some job profiles from some of the top industries to help aspirants with all their queries:
- Web Designer
- Data Analyst
- Programmer Analyst
- Project Manager
- Production Manager
- Aerospace Engineer
- Cyber Security Officer
- Software Engineer, etc.
An M.Tech degree after a B Tech degree will enable candidates to enroll in research programmes on the subject and even choose a PhD as a doctoral degree. Following a Btech degree with an M.Tech degree opens up several career options. Candidates will become an authority in that particular study area if they earn an M.Tech.
Since each specialization creates a futuristic profession in various career sites, the future of M Tech will depend on specializations. An M Tech degree has a bright future because it gives candidates a tonne of professional alternatives in the realm of specialized courses.
Why Study MTech?
After completing a bachelor’s in the field of science and technology, the first choice of students is to take an M-Tech program because of its popularity among the youth. Candidates after completing this course can get the benefits including:
- One of the main advantages of this course is its various specializations within which a career as an engineer can be built.
- There are different research labs in India and outside where these postgraduates can find a bright career. Students can also continue their studies in the research fields to enhance their experience and be successful researchers.
- It is possible for those who hold a Master’s degree in technology to apply for jobs as a professor at IIT, NIT, IIIT, and other engineering schools where they have completed their master’s degrees.
- These professionals get a competitive salary amount as compared to other fields. Individuals starting from the beginning can earn about INR 5 to 7 LPA whereas those having experience can get a higher salary up to 15 LPA.
Top Universities For MTech Admission 2024
- University of Lucknow
- Central University of Kerala
- Annamalai University
- Christ University
- Sam Higginbottom Institute of Agriculture Technology and Science
- Maharshi Dayanand University
- Savitribai Phule Pune University
- Kurukshetra University
- Madras University
- Aligarh Muslim University
- OPJS University
- Jamia Millia Islamia
- Pondicherry University
- Central University of Haryana
- Chhatrapati Shahu ji Maharaj University
- Utkal University
- Maharaja Sayajirao University of Baroda
- Banaras Hindu University
- Devi Ahilya Vishwavidyalaya
- University of Kashmir
- University of Mumbai
- Central University of Jharkhand
MTech Admission FAQs?
Ques: What are the required documents to apply for MTech Admission 2024?
Ans: Here is the list of documents required for MTech admission 2024 given below.
- 5 Passport size photographs
- Adhar Card
- 10th and 12th class certificate
- Domicile Certificate
- Cast Certificate
- Income certificate
Ques: Can I get admission to the MTech course without GATE?
Ans: Yes, students can get admission to MTech courses without the GATE. Some universities are offering admission to the MTech programme on merit list criteria.
Ques: What qualification is required for MTech?
Ans: MTech degree courses are available to candidates with a BE/BTech degree and a valid GATE score. Master of Engineering program is also open to candidates who have completed a 5-year Master of Science program in Science or Applied Sciences.
Ques: Can I join M.Tech without entrance exam?
Yes, Some universities may allow direct admission based on bachelor degree and minimum percentage requirement.
Ques: What specializations are available in MTech?
MTech specializations is vast but there are some common specialties including Computer Science, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Civil Engineering and more.
Ques: What is the duration of MTech programme?
The duration of an MTech program is generally two years, consisting of 4 semesters.
Ques: What are the job prospects after completing MTech program?
Job prospects after MTech are promising, with opportunities in research, development, education and industries offering roles like engineers, researchers, consultants, and professors