MA Admission 2023: The Master of Arts Degree course is designed to be completed within 2 years. This course is open to all students with backgrounds in the humanities, science, or commerce stream. In MA Admission subjects include MA Development Studies, MA Psychology, MA Society and Culture, MA English, and so on.
MA Admission Latest Updates
- CUET PG 2023 Registration is open for MA Admission through NTA. The last date to apply is 19 April 2023 at online portal. Source
- Christ University MA Admission is open for session. Students can apply till 14 May 2023 for MA Course. Source
- MA Admission registration has started at South Asian University. The deadline to apply is 31 March 2023. Source
- Uttarakhand Open University Registration is open for MA Admission. Students can apply till 31 March 2023. Source
- IGNOU MA Admission is open for the January session 2023-24 at the official website. IGNOU MA admission 2022 last date is 27 March 2023. Source
- Admission for the MA course has started at RV University for the 2023 session. Click here to apply.
- Admission is open for various MA courses for the 2023 session at LPU; apply till 15 January 2023 for LPUNEST here.
- PSSOU admission for MA is taking place; last date for admission is 28 February 2023. Check here.
- JNU MA Admission will start soon in the month of May for the academic session 2023-24. Students can check more details here.
Most colleges offer MA admissions on a merit basis. In India, Hansraj College, Hindu College, Miranda College, and LSR New Delhi are the top colleges offering MA programs. Most MA colleges and Universities in India begin the admission process nearly in the month of July/ August, in some it goes until November/December.
MA Admission 2023 Highlights
|MA Full form||Master of Arts|
|Course Level||Postgraduate degree course|
|MA Programme Duration||
|MA Course Eligibility||Bachelor’s degree (preferably arts) holders of a minimum 3 or 4-year duration with its equivalent|
|Master of Arts Average Fees||Rs. 12,000 to Rs. 30,000 per Annum|
|MA Admission||Merit or Entrance Exam|
|Best MA Colleges/Universities||
|MA Course Specializations||
MA Admission 2023
The admission for the Master of Arts (MA) courses is to be started by several universities for the upcoming session. The students who are looking to get admission into the course must fill out the registration form by visiting the official website of the university.
A student who wishes to be considered for MA Admission program must have completed a graduation-level course from a recognized institution with a minimum score of at least 45% in that course in order to be considered for admission. A student is usually selected by a university based on his or her previous qualifying scores, although some universities may require students to take an entrance exam before being admitted to a master’s degree program.
Important Key Points of Master of Arts (M.A) Degree
- This is a PG level which is highly demanded in India. Students can pursue this course after graduation.
- In this course, Arts, Humanity and Social work are the top topics which cover through the regular classes.
- BSc, BCA, BBA, BSW, BMS etc students also can apply for this MA course.
- After this Students can apply for PhD courses.
- One Year MA is available in India, Those students who took admission an MA and for some reason they are not able to continue, so can easily complete MA in one year (sitting exams)at any University in India.
MA Admission Eligibility Criteria
To get in the Master of Arts program, following eligibility requirements must be fulfilled by students:
- First of all, a candidate needs to qualify for a bachelor’s education in arts or other related domains.
- BA degree will be preferred and the passing score of candidates must be 45% or more.
- Previously studied subjects of arts and humanities will be taken into focus.
MA Admission Fee Structure
- The average tuition fee range between INR 12,000 to INR 30,000 for the MA degree and the variance in fee is depending on the university/ institution’s demand.
- The fee structure may differ across different colleges. Students can check the official website for complete fee details.
Jamia Millia Islamia University MA Admission
Jamia Millia Islamia (JMI) University MA admission commences for various subjects such as International Studies (Arab Islamic culture), Sanskrit, Arabic, English, Mass Communication, Persian, Social work, Geography, and more. The university holds an entrance test to offer admission to the JMI MA programs. The application form fee of JMI is INR 600. A deposited fee shall remain non-refundable.
DU MA Admission 2023
MA admission in DU is taking place for the academic session 2023. Admission is provided on the basis of the merit list. For some of the MA courses, graduation marks are used. For the rest, an entrance test is conducted known as Delhi University Entrance Test (DUET 2023).
DU SOL MA Admission 2023
DU SOL offers admission to various MA courses like MA in Hindi, Political Science, History, etc. Admission to these courses is directly provided. The basic eligibility required for such courses is graduation in a relevant discipline. Admission will soon begin for MA in DU School of Open Learning.
IGNOU MA Admission 2023
Admission to MA in IGNOU is provided in two sessions, January and July. Now, MA admission has started for the January 2023 session. The last date to apply for IGNOU MA is 27 March 2023. The specialisations include economics, sociology, political science, philosophy, etc. The course can be completed in 2-4 years. Admission is given by considering the marks of graduation. IGNOU MA fee is INR 14,000, which may vary depending on the specialisation.
MA Admission Form 2023
The application process for this course is handled online in most colleges, but offline applications are also accepted in some. Most of the time, admissions are made on the basis of previous qualifications and merit, which are usually taken into account. Some other institutes, such as TISS, Jadavpur University, Jawaharlal Nehru University, and Calcutta University, also conduct admissions. All eligible candidates need to submit the application form before the last date to be considered for admission.
MA Admission 2023: How to Apply?
Applications for the MA Admission are also submitted in an online manner like for other courses. Students must follow the stages after the admissions process has begun.
- The website of the respective university will be opened to get the form.
- Students will pay an application fee and submit the form.
- In direct admissions, students will be called for an interview while the entrance-based admissions entrance exam will be taken prior to the interview.
- On final selection, students will accept their admission offers.
|Year I||Year II|
|English Literature||World History|
|American Literature||Indian Culture|
|Micro & Macro Economics||
|Contemporary Political Philosophy||Hindi Poetry|
|Indian & Western Political Thought||Psychology|
|Politics in India||Oceanography|
Top MA Colleges In Delhi
St. Stephen’s College is one of the finest colleges affiliated with Delhi University. This college is one of Delhi’s oldest educational institutions founded in the year 1881. In addition to UG and PG courses, It also offers language courses with a variety of specializations. The campus is located on the north campus of the University of Delhi.
The College offers the most comprehensive Master’s degree in Arts programs in Delhi. Admittance to this college is difficult due to its high cut-off and interview during the application process. The placements at this college are excellent. It is India’s 11th best college according to NIRF Ranking 2022.
Top Specialisations in MA
Master of Arts is a diverse program that enables students to select from a number of specializations that the MA program offers. Some of the most recognized specializations are:
- MA English: A two-year postgraduate degree called the Master of Arts in English focuses on the worldwide study of English literature and linguistics. In order to provide novel ideas in academic scholarly work and discussion, it helps learners develop creative and pivotal reasoning abilities. The curriculum would promote essential literary ideas, inclinations, and movements in English literature that cuts through genres, time periods, and cultural boundaries.
- MA Psychology: No matter their cultural, financial, ethnic, or academic background, the program would educate students on how to strengthen individuals in communities. Students must exhibit both academic competence and the capacity to work practically in the domain of psychology for this programme, which integrates theoretical and practical applications. The emphasis is squarely on the mind of human beings, and exploring ways to do this better.
- MA Sociology: The MA Sociology programme consists of five courses spread over three semesters, with three additional courses and a thesis available in the final semester. Using the viewpoints of classes, race, and sexuality, the curriculum aims to solve social isolation. Questions about politics, science, personality, and the workplace are tackled through an analysis of social structures and the functions of the organizations.
- MA History: The M.A. in Modern History programme provides a course that combines ancient Indian history with present world history. Indian Patriotism, contemporaneous India, and a concentration on comparatively contemporary academic fields like feminist studies, diasporic studies, and Gandhian studies are all included in the study of modern Indian history. The learners’ understanding of time, environment, culture, civilization, economy, and politics in diverse times is also enhanced. Learners also study the present world, from the past of eastern to western countries to key worldwide happenings, in addition to these facets of modern Indian history.
- MA Political Science: Political science aims to comprehend how politics and the use of power operate on a local, global, and comparable level. We talk about issues like warfare and reconciliation, autocracy and democratization, economic expansion and injustice, and environmental damage. We do this by looking at communities, socioeconomic divisions, administrations, diplomacy, legislation, and policy, as well as political concepts, philosophies, organizations, policies, procedures, and actions.
- MA Economics: Master of Arts or MA in Economics is offered at various top colleges in Delhi. Top institutes like the Delhi School of Economics (DU DSE) offer admission into MA Economics based on the entrance test score. MA Economics syllabus varies from college to college, but in general, the subjects to read are Microeconomic Theory, Economic Development, Policy in India, Introductory Econometrics & more.
Why Study MA?
- There are multiple disciplines within which an MA degree can be taken and this increases the knowledge level of students in the specific field they choose to study.
- From both the business and academic circles, MA students get the chance to lectures to know more about the practical field.
- Students who get a bachelor’s degree are easily get employed in top companies but in order to increase their position level or to get a promotion, they need an MA degree.
- The curriculum of this course provides a chance for students for learning a good number of subjects at an advanced level.
Scope of MA
The MA course provides professional skills with great opportunities for students who want to enhance their knowledge at the top level. The MA specialization has great career scope worldwide. All over the world, the demand for MA degree holder candidates is increasing. Students who have completed their MA degree earn many benefits and have great futures. The degree holders get a job in many MNCs companies with a max salary payout and have great career scope.
Career Opportunities After MA
The necessity and specific speciality determine the range of a Master of Arts position in India. The MA program offers students a variety of employment prospects in many industries. Following an MA, the following positions are most frequently filled by graduates:
- Assistant Professor
- Content Writer
- Social Worker
- Sales Associate
- Author/Writer, etc.
Students after completing their master’s can apply for PhD programs in order to improve their academics in a way that would be fruitful for their career and will also provide them huge respect from society.
Top Recruiting Company after MA in India
After Completing an MA Degree program, these are the top listed company that hires after MA:-
Top Colleges/Universities for MA Admission
- Utkal University
- Vardhman Mahaveer Open University
- Devi Ahilya Vishwavidyalaya
- Savitribai Phule Pune University
- UP Rajarshi Tandon Open University
- Maharshi Dayanand University
- Central University of Haryana
- Banaras Hindu University
- Christ University
- University of Lucknow
- Central University of Jharkhand
- Pondicherry University
- Maulana Azad National Urdu University
|Other Courses Admission|
|BBA Admission||MBA Marketing Admission|
|BBM Admission||MBBS Admission|
|BCA Admission||MCA Admission|
|BCom Admission||MCom Admission|
|BEd Admission||MLIS Admission|
Leave a Reply