KSOU Admission 2023: Karnataka State Open University has released the admission form for UG, PG program for the new January session 2023. The last date to apply for KSOU Admission 2023-24 is 31 March 2023. Generally, the KSOU portal opens in two sessions- July & January. Aspiring students for admission into the courses need to reach out to the university’s website and complete the registration form before the deadline.
KSOU Trending Updates
- KSOU Admission 2023-24 started for UG, PG, Diploma, and certificate courses. The last date to apply is 31 March 2023. Source
- Registration for KSOU BEd CET 2023 at Karnataka State Open University is ongoing. The last date to apply is 26 February 2023. Source
Karnataka State Open University is located in Karnataka, and this university was established in the year 1996. KSOU is the leading distance university in the world. It offers admission to different PG, UG, and PhD programs.
- Registration process: The application fee is 300/- rupees for UG and PG programs and for the B.Lib.Sci and M./Lib.Sci students need to pay 500/- rupees.
- Admission to KSU: Students must submit the online application form on the KSOU site.
- The bachelor’s degree programs require 10+2 or HSC or equivalents.
- PG Course requires a bachelor’s degree.
- A master’s degree is required for Doctorate courses like PhD and Mphil.
- It offers direct or lateral entry admission in the second or third semester for those who match the requirements.
- The KSOU University offers some of the following degree courses like BA, B.Com, B.Sc, MA, MBA, etc. Candidates with a 10+2 degree can apply for UG Courses. And For PG Courses candidates must have a graduation degree with a minimum of 55-60% scores.
- KSOU has announced its admission dates for the 2023 September session. Candidates can get all information about the admission opening dates, closing dates, eligibility criteria, applying mode, and more.
KSOU Admission 2023 Highlights
|University Name||Karnataka State Open University|
|Type of University||State University|
|Founded||1 June 1996|
|Offered UG Courses||BA/B.Com/B.Ed/BLI.Sc.|
|Offered PG Courses||MA/M.Com/MBA/LL.M/MLI.Sc./M.Sc|
|Address||Mukhtagangotri, Mysuru, Karnataka 570006|
KSOU Admission 2023
The application form for various UG & PG courses has been released. The last date for KSOU Admission 2023-24 is 31 March 2023. Karnataka State Open University offers UG, PG, PhD, and PG diploma courses for admissions. The notification for admission is available on the official website of the portal. There are instructions also released for the students they need to go through before enrolling for admissions. The admission is done on a merit basis. Students are required to completely check the eligibility criteria for the enrollment process.
Also, some guidelines may differ from one academic to the next academic year for KSOU admission; slight changes can be observed that students need to check the university while intaking admissions.
Applications are invited for admission to the Karnataka State Open University. A completed application form is required to be submitted by applicants. The first thing that candidates need to do is register on the admissions portal. Students will have to log in again in order to access their account. It will take some time for the application to open after you have logged in. In order to fill out the Admission form, please follow the steps given below in order to fill it out.
Karnataka State Open University UG Admission
Each year, KSOU offers admission to undergraduate courses to students who have passed the 10+2 examination and have at least 45-50% average marks and are from recognized institutions of higher education who have qualified for admission to UG courses at KSOU. The majority of UG course eligibility criteria are the same, but there may be some differences based on the course, such as the stream (Science, Commerce, Art, etc.). Before submitting your application, be sure you meet the eligibility requirements for the course.
- BCA: Bachelor of Computer Application is an undergraduate programme that can be completed in 3 years. The students who have completed their bachelor’s degree in a relevant stream with Mathematics as the main subject can apply for admission to this course. After completing this degree, candidates can make a career in the information technology field.
- B.Com: Students who have completed their 12th-grade education with a commerce stream and want to pursue higher education in the same discipline can choose a bachelor’s degree in commerce. It is an undergraduate programme that is offered in a variety of subjects to allow students to select their preferred interests. Admission to this program requires students to have completed their 12th grade with at least 50% marks.
- B.Sc (IT): Willing aspirants should meet the selection criteria. Excluding the entrance exam score, the least score of 50% in the 12th standard examination is also required.
Karnataka State Open University PG Admission
KSOU offers PG enrollments based on the previous year’s education. For session 2023, the PG registration is available at @ksouportal.com. There is a vast number of specializations available for PG courses at KSOU. Courses like MA, MSc, MCom & more are offered to graduated students. It is mandatory to fill out the admission form before the deadline.
- MA: Master of Arts is a postgraduate level degree course offered in various disciplines. It has an MA programme in Hindi, English, Urdu, and many more. Students are required to have a bachelor’s degree or equivalent in any discipline with at least 50% marks.
- M.Sc: Karnataka State Open University offers Masters’s in science degrees in a variety of subjects like Biotechnology, Biochemistry, Geography, Mathematics, Psychology, Microbiology, Environmental Science, Information Science, etc. Students with a bachelor’s degree in a relevant field can apply for MSc admission into any of the listed specializations. Students will be admitted based on their performance in their last qualifying exam.
- MCom: Master of Commerce at KSOU is offered to students who have pursued graduation or BCom degree with minimum 45% marks. Selection will be done based on the merit list released on the official portal.
|Other Courses Admission 2023|
|BCA Admission||MCA Admission|
|BCom Admission||MCom Admission|
|BSW Admission||MTech Admission|
|BTech Admission||PG Diploma Admission|
|Diploma Admission||PhD Admission|
|MBBS Admission||MBA Admission|
KSOU Application Form 2023
Karnataka State Open University (KSOU) has started offering application forms for UG (BA, B.Com, B.Ed, etc.), PG (MSc specializations (Physics, Chemistry, Botany, Zoology, etc.), MA programs (Hindi, English, etc.)), Diploma (PGCE, PGCBA, etc.), PG Diploma and Certificate courses. It has two academic sessions: January and July sessions.
The application form has been released on the official university site. Register on this link by filling in your name, mobile number, email address, district, and preferred course.
After successfully registering, log in to the university site to fill out the admission form. Follow the steps below to fill out the KSOU admission form.
Steps to follow After Registration
- Use your USERNAME and PASSWORD to log in to the KSOU admission page.
- Click on the APPLY NOW button.
- Fill in the required details in the blank fields.
- Keep the Reference Number for future use. The university admission committee needs it.
- Pay the registration fee using any form of online mode or draw a demand draft.
Students have to submit personal and educational documents for verification and office use. Below is a list of all the documents required by the admission office.
- Send three application forms to the university campus, and they must be signed and attested.
- Graduating Certificate(Attested by the Gazetted Notary/Officer).
- Birth Certificate.
- Passport size photos(3)
- Proof of payment of application fee. A hard copy of the online receipt or Demand draft.
KSOU Entrance Exam
Karnataka State Open University entrance exam is conducted by the University nationwide to provide admissions in numerous open courses. It includes providing admission to the UG as well as PG level courses. Students from any area of the country can appear in this exam. There is an online system for applications to this entrance exam. Students are recommended to visit the official KSOU webpage by opening the link https://ksoumysuru.ac.in to get further details.
KSOU entrance exam is conducted to provide admission in UG courses like BSc (IT), and B.Ed. This exam is also for PG courses, including MBA. This University composes the question paper having a minimum of 100 questions. Students will be given 120 to 150 minutes for solving the test paper. At least one mark will be provided for one answer if rightly selected. Negative marking is not implemented.
Karnataka State Open University Result
KSOU has uploaded all semester results. Students enrolled in various UG programs ( B.Com, B.Ed, BA, B Lib Sc) and PG programs ( M.Li Sc, MA, M.Com, MBA, M.Ed, MSc) can check KSOU Results on the official website of KSOU. Students who receive failing grades in one or more subjects have the option of opting for reassessment (if they are confident in their performance) or supply examinations.
What is the Procedure for Checking KSOU Results?
The KSOU result may be seen by steps below:
- At the initial step, students have to visit the KSOU website which is ksoumysore.karnataka.gov.in.
- You will be directed to the KSOU website homepage through the above link.
- Now you have to choose the ” KSOU Results” tab.
- Fill in your login details “Registration Number & Password” and submit it.
- After submitting login details KSOU Result will appear. You can also download that result for future use.
Karnataka State Open University Course Admissions
|Journalism and Mass Communication|
|Ancient History & Archeology|
|Clinical Nutrition and Dietetics|
|PG Diploma||English (PGDE)|
|Communicative English (PGDCE)|
|Human Resource Management (PGDHRM)|
|Financial Management (PGDFM)|
|Business Administration (PGDBA)|
|Marketing Management (PGDMM)|
|Nutrition and Deities (PGDND)|
|Journalism and Mass Communication (PGDJMC)|
|Kuvempu Sahithya (PGDKS)|
|Business Law (PGDBL)|
|Information Science (PGDIS)|
|Computer Application (PGDCA)|
|Ambedkar Studies (PGDAS)|
KSOU Affiliated Colleges List
- Mahatma Gandhi Education Foundation
- Imperial College of Business Studies – ICBS
- Noble School of Business – NSB
- Sanford College of Information Technology – SCIT
- Sharada Vikas Institute of Technology and Management Studies
- Toonskool Advanced Animation Academy
- V.S.M. Institute of Aerospace Engineering and Technology
- V.S.M. Institute of Aerospace Engineering and Technology – Jakkur Campus
KSOU University Departments
- Department of Kannada
- Department of Commerce & Management Studies
- Department of Education
- Department of Food Science & Nutrition
- Department of Telugu
- Department of History
- Department of Economics
- Department of Political Science & Public Administration
- Department of Sociology
- Department of Psychology
- Department of Environmental Science
- Department of Information Technology
- Department of English
- Department of Hindi
- Department of Urdu
- Department of Sanskrit
- Department of Mass Communication and Journalism
- Department of Library and Information Science
KSOU Contact Details:
- Address: Mukhtagangotri, Mysuru, Karnataka – 570006, India
- Phone: 0821-2500981 (office) or 9844010407
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- KSOU Official Website: ksoumysuru.ac.in.
Note: All the fees & dates listed above for KSOU Admission are tentative. Please visit the official website to verify.
Be the first to leave a review.