MSW Admission 2024: Master of Social Work (MSW) is a 2-year postgraduate program in the domain of social welfare and development. The curriculum focuses on sociology, social issues, human rights, rural policies, psychology subjects, etc. To apply for MSW, one must have a bachelor’s degree in any discipline. Admission is usually based on entrance exam performance followed by counseling. The average annual fee ranges from Rs 20,000 to Rs 1 lakh. After MSW, one can work as a social worker, counselor, child welfare officer, rural development officer, etc. in NGOs, government agencies, hospitals, rehabilitation centers, etc. Admission notifications for the 2024-25 session have been released by various universities and institutes for the MSW program.
MSW Admission Admission Updates (February 2024)
- IMTS Institute is currently accepting applications for its Master of Social Work program. The last date to apply is 29 February 2024. Apply Now
- Parul University has released the application for MSW courses at the online portal, the last date to apply is 28 February 2024*.
- Master of Social Work program admissions are open at the VIT. The last date to apply is 28 February 2024*.
MSW Admission 2024 Highlights
|Master of Social Work
|About the Course
|MSW is a 2-year postgraduate degree divided into 4 semesters. It focuses on social work, covering various aspects of the field.
|Graduation in social work with a minimum aggregate score of 50% or an equivalent CGPA from a recognized university.
|Entrance exams like JMIEE, CUET, and SAT
|INR 20,000 – 1,00,000 (average course fees)
|UGC and AICTE
|Human Rights Specialists, Social Service Managers
|Merit-Based / Entrance Exams
|Social work, Community development, Anthropology, Counseling psychology, Corporate social responsibility, Human rights, Natural environment, Economic development, etc
|IMTS Institute, Subharti University, Singhania University
|Vedanta, Trident Group, Centum Learning, Bharti Group, etc
Indira Gandhi National Open University offers admission to the MSW program. The students who have completed their bachelor’s degree in any relevant stream with an average of 45% marks can apply for admission online.
Some main subjects taught in this course are Micro Enterprises, microfinance, Poverty Reduction, Ethics and Ideology of Social Work, Human Growth, Human Development, and so on. Top Indian MSW colleges are Kristu Jayanti College, Presidency College, TISS Mumbai, and so on. MSW admissions are both on a merit and entrance basis.
Eligibility Criteria for MSW Admission
MSW course can be pursued by candidates after meeting the criteria given:
- Those Students who wish to apply for this MSW course must have their BSW degree with a 50% score or any relevant degree course through a recognized University or Institute.
- BA, BCom, BBA, and BCA Students also apply for this MSW course.
- Admission will be based on merit score or entrance exam for the MSW course.
- There are various universities that take the MSW admission on the basis of an entrance exam.
- There are no age criteria for this course.
MSW Entrance Exam: The entrance exam is also a major step to gaining admission into this Master’s course. CUET, DUET, LPUNEST, and TISSNET are the top MSW Entrance Exams in India. The Entrance exam application form is available at online portal of university.
The fee ranges for MSW courses are anything between the ranges below that can be found in most Indian colleges that offer the course for INR 20,000 to INR 1.20 Lakh LPA.
Why Study MSW?
Studying MSW is linked with multiple advantages and the individuals involved in this professional field are engaged in the responsibilities of Social tasks. Some reasons to study MSW are:
- The number of social organizations working in the country is growing day by day and these organizations need such graduates to run important projects for the development of the community.
- There are many NGOs recruiting fresh postgraduates and they offer top positions to students having an MSW degree.
- This degree also provides a chance to work with Global NGOs and to be a part of international human development organizations.
- Psychiatrists work alongside other healthcare professionals, including educators and healthcare providers, in order to determine what is causing people’s mental health problems and find a way to address them.
MSW Admission 2024
MSW Admission will be based on merit score or entrance exam 2024 academic session. Kerala University, IGNOU, Christ University, and many more op university which is offering MSW courses. DU MSW Admission will be based on the CUET entrance exam for the 2024 session.
Students will be able to register themselves for MSW CUET Entrance through the NTA portal till 28 February 2024. Apart from that University conducts the MSW CUET 2024 entrance exam from 11 March to 24 March 2024 through the NTA website (Entrance Exam Body).
MSW Entrance Exam 2024
TISSNET, DUET, BHUPET, CUET are the top MSW entrance exams. Most of the central Universities conduct CUET for PG Courses. Along with this 05 March* is the last date of DUET MSW Entrance Exam 2024 registration through the NTA website.
- MSW CUET PG (Entrance Exam) 2024: Common University Entrance. There are lots of central and state universities that conduct this MSW Admission. CUET PG 2024 registration will start soon for MSW courses. The application form is available soon at @www.nta.ac.in MSW CUET.
Top Specializations in MSW Admission 2024
Since it is not feasible to cover the entire curriculum in one program, the program has been divided into specialized domains, and candidates for the MSW degree have the option of electing to specialize in one or more of them. Universities require accreditation programs in addition to the specific area in which students specialize so they can learn about other areas in which they are not specialized.
In general, students choose the following specialities because they offer greater career prospects:
- MSW in Mental Health and Substance Abuse: Among the most renowned and difficult specializations available is this one. It equips a student to cope with individuals who are psychologically sick and those who experience psychological issues as a result of substance addiction. Risk evaluation, group, and individualized counseling workshops, evaluation and recommendation of medical solutions, follow-up therapy, and rehabilitative exercises are all components of the job.
As a result of psychological trauma at home and at work, family problems, a widening generational gap, substance abuse, etc., mental health is becoming increasingly relevant. It is imperative that a social worker specializing in this area fulfills these duties. Anyone who has completed training in this area is qualified to work as a psychiatric social worker.
- MSW in Criminal Injustice: There have always been criminals in the world, and therefore no prison would ever be empty. A social worker with specific training in this field assumes the enormous duty of reintegrating a felon who has served time in jail or is on parole back into public in addition to studying and comprehending criminals. Regardless of the circumstances surrounding a person’s sentencing, our society nonetheless holds a negative view of someone who has been found guilty and has received a sentence in prison.
This is when a social worker’s broader responsibilities are needed. Their duties include counseling the convicts and their families, making sure they are not deprived of any human rights, aiding these ex-offenders in self-rehabilitation, determining their degree of criminal mentality, and suggesting medical care as necessary.
- MSW in Family and Child Social Work: Nowadays, nuclear families make up the majority of families. In the majority of households, both parents would be employed. In addition to being extremely busy with their education, the kids choose to spend their free time attached to their electronics. Family members now seem to be somewhat cut off from one another, and in many households, direct communication has decreased to the point where family members hardly ever speak to one another.
Additionally, issues like unemployment, illiteracy, and other issues are causing the family members a lot of psychological distress. Social workers who specialize in this field will be expected to recognize these families in society, set up counseling sessions for its members, and provide them with assistance while they recover from any type of psychological trauma. Additionally, they will be expected to give them advice and support if they request hospital treatment.
- MSW in School Social Work: This topic has recently grown significantly in relevance and recognition. A school social worker’s duties include recognizing students who are experiencing anxiety and psychological problems, providing them with psychotherapy, getting involved to keep the administration-teacher-student-parent correlation instability, and providing guidance to the school administration on the best ways to reduce students’ psychological discomfort, etc. People who have chosen to specialize in this area will have acquired the ability to interact with kids and teenagers.
- MSW in Community Social Work: Students who have a background of any UG stream can pursue MSW Community Social Work. This course highly helpful for large group such as people working in company, residing in specific city or state etc. This course mainly focus to identifying and collecting data, different issues and find the relevant solution of the problems. Students can join NGOs, Government Organization.
MSW Admission Form 2024
The Master of Social Work (MSW) application form can be filled out in the Upcoming session of July. The distance and regular universities will use online, and offline modes. The application or registration fee for this PG degree program might vary. But it will start from INR 300 in centrally driven Universities like IGNOU and can be seen as INR 1,210 in Amity University. The registration and application form completion process has been further given.
Mumbai University MSW Admission 2024
Mumbai University offers a two-year, full-time Master of Social Work program. Candidates must pass the qualifying exam necessary for admission to the MSW program with a minimum aggregate score of 45% across all courses. The MSW program at Mumbai University has a two-step admissions procedure. The candidates for the MSW admission exam are chosen.
After the second phase, a group discussion and personal interview round determine the winner. The entrance exam carries 210 points. Three languages Marathi, English, and Hindi are used for the admission exam.
IGNOU MSW Admission 2024
The University takes admission on the basis of graduation marks in MSW Program for the session 2024. The PG-level courses in social work for those students who have their BSW course degree (50%) or Graduation (50%) or any other relevant from a recognized university.
IGNOU is one of the best options you have. There are many important topics covered in the curriculum of the school. Additionally, the course can be pursued at the student’s own convenience, making it a flexible option for those who would like to take IGNOU MSW.
Candidates can pursue this master’s program at IGNOU while continuing to work. The best part is that they don’t have to attend regular classes. Distance programs have the same certificate value as regular programs. There is an average fee of 36,000 INR for the MSW program at IGNOU. Admissions can be applied for on the official IGNOU website.
MSW Admission Eligibility
Those students who love and enjoy helping people around selflessly must choose this master’s program. MSW Eligibility Criteria are mentioned below:
- Those students looking for MSW admission must have completed their graduation with at least 50-55% (As per University) from a recognized university in India.
- There is no age limit for BSW Course.
DU MSW Admission 2024
Delhi University opens its admission portal every year for the MSW program. Eligible and interested students can apply on Universities official website. To apply for 2 years Master of Social Work program, candidates must pass a graduation in social work or an equivalent degree from a recognized university and also have to attend the DUET entrance exam in India. Additionally, aspirants must pass an entrance exam before applying for MSW admission, such as TISSNET, DUET, BHUPET, CUET, etc.
How To Apply For MSW Admission?
Interested candidates for MSW admission can apply in both modes, online and offline. Below is given the online and offline MSW Admission process.
MSW Admission Online Process
There are some important steps involved in admission to the MSW program, which include an entrance test, a group discussion, and a personal interview.
- Reach out to the official portal of any approved university.
- Enter, and register for the MSW program.
- MSW online registration shall require an email ID and mobile number for the OTP verification.
- Save username, and password to use as credentials in the future.
- Log In to the MSW admission account.
- Complete each section’s mandatory blanks.
- Upload documents in JPEG/JPG/PDF (Marksheets, certificates, Photo, and more).
- Deposit fee, and collect MSW receipt.
MSW Admission Offline Process
- Download/Collect MSW offline application form.
- Fill out the blank application form with a blue, and black ball pen.
- All documents must be in hand to avoid mistakes.
- Enter personal, educational, and other mandatory details.
- Attach copies of originals.
- Submit the filled form with registration and admission fees at the authorized centre.
MSW Career Aspects and Scope
The field of social work has virtually endless potential. Jobs in organizations dedicated to aiding people are simple to come by in this field. After graduating, you can find employment in a variety of settings, including schools and other youth-serving organizations, hospitals, care homes, and health centres, as well as psychiatric healthcare organizations. Future employment chances in this field won’t ever come to an end.
- Labor Welfare Specialist
- Social Worker
- Social Security Officer
- Criminology Specialist
- Counselors, etc.
MSW Hospital Jobs
Throughout the world, transformations are appearing in various areas, and the impact of these changes on people is growing, increasing the importance and scope of social work. This program might be suitable for you if you are interested in the field and willing to give back to society. A successful and fulfilling career can be created by strategically fusing your interests with your work.
The following are some of the top hospitals that offer employment opportunities for MSW graduates:
- Regional Medical Research Center (Bhubaneswar)
- Postgraduate Institute of Medical Education & Research
- Sree Chitra Tirunal Institute for Medical Sciences and Technology
- National Institute of Mental Health and Neurosciences
- North Eastern Indira Gandhi Regional Institute of Health and Medical Sciences
Top Universities For MSW Admission 2024
- Madras University
- OPJS University
- Central University of Haryana
- Jamia Millia Islamia
- Vardhman Mahaveer Open University
- Kurukshetra University
- Maulana Azad National Urdu University
- Utkal University
- Central University of Kerala
- Pondicherry University
- Central University of Jharkhand
- UP Rajarshi Tandon Open University
- University of Lucknow
- University of Kashmir
- Aligarh Muslim University
- Christ University
- Karnataka State Open University
- Tamil Nadu Open University
- University of Mumbai
- Annamalai University
- Dr BR Ambedkar Open University
- Devi Ahilya Vishwavidyalaya
- Sam Higginbottom Institute of Agriculture Technology and Science
- Savitribai Phule Pune University
- Maharaja Sayajirao University of Baroda
- Maharshi Dayanand University
- Chhatrapati Shahu ji Maharaj University
- Indira Gandhi National Open University
- Banaras Hindu University
- Yashwantrao Chavan Maharashtra Open University
Frequently Asked Questions?
Question 1: Is the entrance exam necessary for MSW?
Ans: Both the merit list criteria and entrance exam will be used for admission to MSW courses in universities.
Ques 2: Can we study MSW without BSW?
Ans: Yes, It is not necessary to have a BSW degree for MSW admission at a university. Students with other bachelor’s degrees can also apply for MSW courses admission.
Ques 3: Is MSW a good degree?
Ans: You can enhance your skills and expand your horizons as a social worker by pursuing an MSW course. A master’s degree can open many doors in this field, as it requires licensed professionals.