BTech Admission 2024: Bachelor of Technology is a 4-year undergraduate professional degree. This course is a platform for students to start their bright careers in the field of technology. There are various BTech specializations in which the students can opt for the course such as Mechanical Engineering, IT, Biotechnology, Computer Science, and so on.
BTech Admission 2024 Highlights
|Full Form||Bachelor of Technology|
|About the Course||B.Tech is a 4-year undergraduate professional degree providing a platform for students to start careers in the field of technology.|
|Eligibility||Matriculation with 60% marks, Sr. Secondary (10+2) 70% marks (Aggregate) & minimum 60% marks in PCM, Computer Science/PCB for Biotechnology without the gap between 10th and 12th.|
|Examination||Entrance exams such as JEE Main, VITEEE, SRMJEEE, BITSAT, MET, COMEDK UGET, AP EAMCET, etc.|
|Fee||Rs 60,000 to Rs 8 lakh (average B.Tech fees)|
|Approval||UGC and AICTE Approved|
|Job Opportunities||Associate Software Engineer,Junior Engineer, Software Engineer, Support Executive, Android App Developer, Web Developer, etc.|
|Admission Process||Merit and Entrance Exam|
|Subjects||Computer Science Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Mechanical & Automation Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, etc.|
|Distance Education||Not Approved in distance mode|
|Admission Date||March 2024|
|University||IMTS Institute, NILM University, Subharti University, Singhania University|
|Entrance Exam||May 2024|
|Placement||IBM India, Tata Consultancy Services, Wipro, ITC Limited, Aditya Birla Group, etc.|
Some top B-Tech colleges in India are VIT Vellore, IIST Thiruvananthapuram, and IIT Bombay. Students aspiring for the B-tech program are admitted via a national, state, or institute-level entrance exam. These admissions are usually every year starting from May/June in India.
Eligibility Criteria for B.Tech Admission 2024
Students are required to meet the following conditions:
- Completing the 12th standard is mandatory for all students with subjects of physics, chemistry, and mathematics.
- In the last examination of 10+2 students must score almost 55% on an average basis.
B-Tech Admission Fee Structure
The fee structure of B-Tech is different as per the college type, which usually remains between INR 60,000 – INR 8 lakh.
Sponsored Brand Post-
BTech Admission 2024
Most of the Universities started BTech Admission, Students have to apply before the last date on the online portal. Also, students who meet eligibility criteria. BTech is a technical program offered based on the entrance exam. however, very less no of universities offer merit-based admission. There are many specializations under BTech course. For instance, Civil, Mechanical, Computer Science, etc. Students can apply to any of these in online mode. Sometimes offline mode is also available.
There are multiple Colleges that offer this BTech highly advanced course such as Delhi University, MSU Baroda, Jamia Millia Islamia, SMU, Netaji Subhas University, Delhi Technological University etc. Eligibility criteria and fee structure both depend from University to University. For Btech Enrollments students need to pass some specific entrance exams as per the University Admission process.
Generally, the deemed universities conduct an entrance exam at the university level, and the other universities accept the results of the national or state exams. As far as B-Tech admission exams go, WBJEE is one of the most popular exams, followed by BITSAT, JEE Advanced, and JEE Main.
BTech Admission Updates
- Joint Entrance Examination (JEE Main) Entrance exam schedule is now released for BTech Admission, Students have to appear between 24 January to 01 February 2024. Source
- CUET UG Entrance exam will be held between 15 May to 31 May 2024 for BTech Admission, Students can check here.
BTech Admission 2024: How to Apply?
The first thing to apply for B-Tech admission is having an entrance exam qualifying score. Other details for applying to this course are given below:
- Students when applying to the deemed universities must follow the admission process of the respective university and in case of passing a national entrance exam, apply through the centralized admission system.
- In both cases, an application form along with a registration fee will be submitted.
- Once the application process is done students might then be called for an interview.
- At the end of the process, a merit list will be issued.
IPU BTech Admission 2024
BTech Lateral entry, and integrated BTech-MTech courses. The tuition fee for the BTech courses is INR 1 lakh per year approximately. IPU provides many specializations in BTech course such as Civil, Electrical, Computer Science, Artificial Intelligence, etc. Admission to these courses is based on the JEE Main Paper 1 marks. After applying, students need to appear for counseling.
Punjabi University Patiala Admission
In order to pursue a BTech course at Punjabi University, students must complete the 12th class with Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics, from the recognized board with 50 percent marks. Selection will be based on JEE-Main entrance or equivalent.
Amrita University BTech Admission 2024
Amrita University has commenced the Btech Admission for the 2024 session. The eligibility for the Btech program is a student pass in 12th or equivalent and has secured a minimum of 55% marks in PCM separately and an aggregate minimum of 60% marks in Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics.
Admission into all BTech Specializations is based on one of the following candidates can choose any one of the following either Amrita Entrance Examination Engineering (AEEE) or JEE Mains 2024 marks.
Chandigarh University BTech Admission
Chandigarh University offers a Bachelor of Technology (B.Tech) and a Bachelor of Engineering (B.E) for its students for the upcoming academic year 2024. Along with various specializations such as Civil Engineering, Information Technology Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Food Technology, and so on.
Students have to complete 10+2 in the Science stream with Physics, Chemistry, and Maths from a central or state board. Also, obtain at least 50 percent marks for admission to a Bachelor of Technology (B.Tech) and a Bachelor of Engineering (B.E). The admission will be done to obtain rank in the required entrance test.
To take admission at Chandigarh University applicants must have qualified Chandigarh University Common Entrance Test (CUCET) is a National level online entrance test conducted by Chandigarh University for courses such as B.Tech and B.E.
B.Tech Entrance Exam
The technology-oriented undergraduate program “BTech” is a popular and professional degree program of a 4-year duration. Course admission is highly competitive because applicants have to go through entrance examinations conducted across the country at the state and university levels. Some extracted lists of Bachelor of Technology-focused entrance examinations are mentioned below.
- Joint Entrance Examination-Main or JEE Main is administered and conducted by the National Testing Agency (NTA) to permit admission to ranked candidates in various colleges, institutions, and universities in India.
- Joint Entrance Examination-Advanced is only conducted by the IITs to offer admission in their respective BTech courses.
- BITS Admission Test (BITSAT) belongs to the Birla Institute of Technology and Science (BITS) for its own engineering and technology undergraduate courses.
- Manipal Entrance Test (MET) is a consistent examination supervised by the Manipal Academy of Higher Education (MAHE).
- SRM Joint Engineering Entrance Examination or SRMJEEE is held upon the follow-up of SRM Institute of Science and Technology domain.
- The Kalinga Institute of Technology Entrance Examination commonly known as KIITEE is just another test organized by the KIIT for admission to undergraduate programs in technology, and engineering.
B.Tech admission can be taken in UGC-approved state, and private universities/colleges after passing any of the following entrance exams.
JEE Main 2024
- The Joint Entrance Exam (JEE) is being introduced for admission to various engineering institutes in India.
- JEE Main is being conducted by the National Testing Agency (NTA).
- It is organized in a computer-based mode.
- Candidates who have passed the 12th/equivalent exam in 2021, and 2022 irrespective of their age can appear in the exam.
- The application fee for JEE Main is INR 650.
- BITS, Pilani’s Admission is ongoing in two sessions for the academic cycle.
- The exam is recognized as a competitive engineering test in India.
- The test is conducted online mode to offer admission to the B.Tech program.
- All 12th pass-outs can apply, and appear in the BITSAT exam.
- MHT CET is a state common test organized by Maharashtra Government for Technical, and Engineering courses admission.
- Candidates who have completed their 12th or equivalent study from the approved board can seek to appear in this state-level exam. The minimum percentage required is 45 in the previous qualifying exam.
- All unreserved categories can be registered by depositing INR 800.
Top NIRF Ranked Engineering (BTech) Colleges
Here is the list of colleges that are ranked top for BTech admission by NIRF. The fee structure, entrance exam accepted, and average placement package are also given:
|BTech College||BTech Fee||Placement Package||Entrance Accepted|
|IIT Madras||1,12,000||35 Lakhs||JEE Advanced|
|IIT Delhi||1,00,000||23 Lakhs||JEE Advanced|
|IIT Kanpur||1,13,000||29 Lakhs||JEE Advanced|
|IIT Mumbai||1,19,000||22 Lakhs||JEE Advanced|
|IIT Roorkee||1,50,000||25 Lakhs||JEE Advanced|
|IIT Kharagpur||1,49,000||18 Lakhs||JEE Advanced|
|IIT Guwahati||1,49,530||27 Lakhs||JEE Advanced|
|NIT Tiruchirappalli||60,000 – 1,14,000||11 Lakhs||JEE Main|
Top Specializations in B.Tech Admission 2024
There are lots of universities that offer bachelor of technology courses along with specializations such as IIT, Delhi Technology University, MDU, Madras University etc. For more details about top BTech specialization checkout the below the section.
BTech Computer Science
A four-year undergraduate program in B. Tech in Computer Science and engineering gives learners the skills to create hardware/software systems, components, or methods to satisfy objectives while working within practical restrictions.
A student will be qualified to work in an interdisciplinary group, develop and resolve Engineering challenges, and create and compare approaches, techniques, and methods after successfully completing the program. The curriculum has a strong priority on the digitalization of technologies that help students develop their understanding of arithmetic and algorithms.
BTech Information Technology
In the four-year B.Tech in IT program, IT professors train students to become proficient programmers in significantly greater languages and to collaborate successfully with clientele and other group representatives to evaluate, define, configure, enforce, assess, and report software that satisfies client requirements.
Also, it gives students the skills they need to become innovative computer experts on their own as technology changes, to explain technical ideas to people who don’t understand them, to come up with plans for integrating equipment and applications into specific environments, and to do their jobs in a morally acceptable and highly qualified way.
BTech Mechanical Engineering
The four-year, full-time B.Tech. in Mechanical Engineering program is organized into eight semesters. This program’s primary goal is to give students practical expertise in the domain of automotive engineering using mechanical engineering as a foundation.
In this course, participants will be introduced to a variety of advanced technologies used in the production and operation of autos and auto parts in the auto industry. The main objective of the automotive training program is to provide students with the knowledge and skills they need to succeed in the automotive industry.
BTech in Biotechnology
One of the top engineering specialties is B. Tech in Biotechnology, also termed as B.tech in Biotechnology. Any technical use of biological components or live beings to develop or alter goods or procedures for a particular purpose is referred to as biotechnology. “Antibiotics” were also created via biotechnology.
Technologies, exploration, and innovation are all combined in the biotechnology bachelor’s degree program. It’s a more research-focused degree that covers coursework in genetic engineering, chemical engineering and applied biology. This subject is relevant to the usage of factory & industrial operations, biological species, agribusiness, and pharmaceuticals.
BTech Electronics Engineering
A four-year undergraduate curriculum, the B. Tech. in Electrical and Electronics Engineering, teaches the fundamentals of controlling networks, networking, radio wave designing, data processing, nanotechnology, microchips, power production, and electric drives. The National Board of Accreditation has approved the program (NBA).
BTech in Computer Science Engineering
BTech CSE program’s syllabus includes challenging courses in disciplines including Network Theory & Composition, Software Processing in Python, Digital System Design, Computer chip and Microchip with Interfacings, and Software Programming in Python. Candidates in this degree generally study how to create technological advances that can be used to enhance electrical and communication systems.
BTech ECE Admission
The BTech ECE is offered as a specialization for students who are aspiring to get knowledge about both disciplines to upgrade their career levels. By getting admission to this course, students get to increase their knowledge regarding the electronics & communication discipline.
This course covers topics such as data structures, electromagnets, communication skills, control systems, and wireless technology. Following their BTech ECE degree, students can also increase their job opportunities as the discipline has advanced. Applicants can apply for telecom, media, and communication jobs.
BTech in Petroleum Engineering
Petroleum engineering is the study of various practices and techniques that allow students to improve their technical knowledge of the discipline. The BTech in petroleum engineering curriculum is a four-year course that prepares students to face professional challenges in this field.
Students who are aspiring to get admission in the BTech in Petroleum Engineering courses require to have passed their 12th class from a recognized institution or board while scoring a minimum of 55% score.
BTech Admission Without JEE
There are various universities in India that provide BTech courses without taking the JEE entrance. One famous university that does not require JEE for admission to BTech is LPU. Admission for 2024 has started at this university. Some universities take other entrance exams than JEE for admission. These entrances have been listed above. Also, some other universities grant direct admission into BTech.
Here is the list of some universities that accept BTech Admission 2024 Without JEE.
- BITS Pilani
- CEAU Guindy
- MIT Pune
- NSIT Delhi
- MIT Karnataka
- BMSCE Bangalore
- SRM University
- R.V. College of Engineering
- MSRIT Bangalore
BTech Admission: Top Government College
Admission to BTech programs is provided in government colleges as well as private colleges in India, Uttar Pradesh, New Delhi, Haryana, Rajasthan & more. Most private colleges provide admission on a merit basis. As far as government colleges are concerned, they admit students through entrance exams. The government colleges for BTech admission include
- Indian Institute of Engineering Science & Technology, Shibpur
- Birla Institute of Technology, Mesra
- AU College of Engineering
- IIT Delhi, etc.
BTech Lateral Entry Admission
BTech Lateral Entry means the admission will be granted directly to the 2nd year of an undergraduate engineering degree. To get entry in the 2nd year, students must have completed a Diploma in Engineering or BSc in Physics or Mathematics. The duration then will be 3 years. Many states conduct entrance for BTech Lateral Entry admission. These include AP ECET, UPSEE, TS ECET, Haryana LEET, etc.
BTech Scope & Career Aspects
Engineers are those who have successfully completed their BTech program. Engineers will have a prefix applied based on their specialization. For instance, someone who has finished both computer science and engineering will be referred to as a computer engineer, while someone who has finished nuclear science will be referred to as a nuclear engineer. B.Tech graduates have two options: they can either begin working or continue their education by earning a master’s degree and far above.
Following completion of a B.Tech., the following job options are listed according to the specializations chosen by aspirants:
- Computer Science Engineer: A person who develops, tests, and evaluates the software that powers computers is often referred to as a computer engineer. They frequently contribute to the creation of software and video games.
- Mechanical Engineer: Machines that generate power are the main focus of mechanical engineers. Electrical power stations, intrinsic ignition motors, rotors, freezers, and even air conditioning units are examples of this equipment.
- Automobile Engineer: Automobile engineers are specialists who work on the creation of motorbikes, lorries, buses, cars, and various automobiles. Automobile engineers also work on item innovation and vehicle modification.
- Aeronautical Engineer: A professional who deals with aircraft is known as an aerospace engineer. He or she is principally concerned with developing power equipment for aviation. An aeronautical engineer also researches the aerodynamic properties of building materials and airplanes.
- Civil Engineer: An expert who plans, designs, builds, maintains, and operates infrastructure while considering the effects on the ecosystem and public welfare is known as a civil engineer.
Salary for B.Tech grads varies according to experience and education. In India, the typical B.Tech income varies from INR 4.5 to 6 LPA. By pursuing more education or gaining professional expertise, students can raise their income even further.
Why Study BTech?
B-Tech program is a dream for students who are linked with the field of science and technology. Below are given the details about the importance of this program:
- One of the foremost features of this course is that it is provided in more than 100 specializations.
- As we know the world is going to take a step forward with new technologies and this course provides experts to solve the issues related to these technologies.
- After completing this course, students are most likely to be hired for top positions in the field, thus the majority of them remain concerned about their career.
Top Recruiters For B.Tech Graduates
BTech graduates are in high demand across all fields of engineering, so there is a high need for them. It is a common event for companies – big and small, public and private – to hire engineers with different capabilities. some of the top recruiters are given below must check out:
- TATA Consultancy
- Bain & Company
- Infosys Technologies
- Larson & Toubro
- IBM Global Services
- InfoEdge India Ltd
- Accenture Services
- HCL Technologies
- Goldman Sachs
- AT Kearney
On-campus placements at colleges and universities are a great way to hire B.Tech graduates. To find out what companies visit your campus after engineering, talk to the placement office at your college or university if you are considering what to do afterward. Overall Btech graduates have great opportunities in various fields.
Top Universities For B.Tech Admission
- Savitribai Phule Pune University
- Maharaja Sayajirao University of Baroda
- University of Mumbai
- University of Lucknow
- Sam Higginbottom Institute of Agriculture Technology and Science
- Devi Ahilya Vishwavidyalaya
- Kurukshetra University
- Maharshi Dayanand University
- Madras University
- Banaras Hindu University
- Pondicherry University
- Chhatrapati Shahu ji Maharaj University
- Central University of Jharkhand
- University of Kashmir
- Christ University
- Jamia Millia Islamia
- Annamalai University
- Aligarh Muslim University
- Central University of Haryana
- Utkal University
- Central University of Kerala
- Maulana Azad National Urdu University
Other Courses Admission