BTech Admission 2023: Bachelor of Technology is a 4-year undergraduate professional degree program and is commonly known as BTech. This course is a platform for students to start their bright careers in the field of technology. There are various specializations in which the students can opt for the course such as B-Tech Mechanical Engineering, B-Tech IT, B-Tech Biotechnology, B-Tech Computer Science, and so on.
BTech Admission Updates
- Applications started for JEE Main 2023 session 1st, apply till 12 January 2023. Check here.
- JEE Advanced 2023 will be conducted for BTech admission on 4 June 2023. Check here.
- VIT BTech admission started, apply for VITEEE entrance till 31 March 2023. Click here
- IIT BHU BTech Admission 2023 will be done through JEE Advanced scores.
- BTech entrance WBJEE will be conducted on 30 April 2023; the application deadline is 20 January 2023. Check here.
- BTech admission 2023 session is open at LPU; apply for the entrance LPUNEST. Check here
- BTech admission opens at MIT World Peace University for the 2023 session; the last date is 18 May 2023. Click here to apply.
- Admission for the 2023 session has started for BTech at RV University. Click here to apply.
- BTech admission process for 2023 session started at Nitte University, apply for NUCAT entrance till 21 January 2023. Click here to apply.
- BTech admission for 2023-24 session is taking place at Manav Rachna University. Click here to apply.
Some top B-Tech colleges in India are VIT Vellore, IIST Thiruvananthapuram, and IIT Bombay. Students aspiring for the B-tech program are admitted via a national, state, or institute-level entrance exam. These admissions are usually every year starting from May/June in India.
Eligibility Criteria for B-Tech Admission
Students are required to meet the following conditions:
- Completing the 12th standard is mandatory for all students with subjects of physics, chemistry, and mathematics.
- In the last examination of 10+2 students must score almost 55% on an average basis.
B-Tech Admission Fee Structure
The fee structure of B-Tech is different as per the college type, which usually remains between INR 60,000 – INR 8 lakh.
Sponsored Brand Post-
BTech Admission 2023 Highlights
|B.Tech Full form||Bachelor of Technology|
|BTech Duration||4 years|
|B.Tech Eligibility||Matriculation with 60% marks, Sr. Secondary (10+2) 70% marks (Aggregate) & minimum 60% marks in PCM, Computer Science/PCB for Biotechnology without the gap between 10th and 12th.|
|Bachelor of Technology Average Fees||Rs 60,000 to Rs 8 lakh|
|BTech Admission||Merit and Entrance Exam|
|B.Tech Course Subjects||
|Best BTech Colleges||
|Bachelor of Technology Specializations||
BTech Admission 2023
BTech admission for the 2023 session is going on at various universities. Aspired students are required to apply as quickly as possible. Admission into the BTech course can either be based on class 12th marks or an entrance exam. There are many specializations under the BTech course. For instance, Civil, Mechanical, Computer Science, etc. Students can apply to any of these in online mode. Sometimes offline mode is also available.
It is essential for the applicants to submit the admission form before the last date. No applications will be accepted after the due date.
BTech Application Form 2023
The application forms for B-Tech admission are made available to students in online mode in the form of a PDF file. There are a few universities in the country that offer direct entry to this program, and most of the admissions are based on entrance exams. Generally, the deemed universities conduct an entrance exam at the university level, and the other universities accept the results of the national or state exams. As far as B-Tech admission exams go, WBJEE is one of the most popular exams, followed by BITSAT, JEE Advanced, and JEE Main.
BTech Admission 2023: How to Apply?
The first thing to apply for B-Tech admission is having an entrance exam qualifying score. Other details for applying to this course are given below:
- Students when applying to the deemed universities must follow the admission process of the respective university and in case of passing a national entrance exam, apply through the centralized admission system.
- In both cases, an application form along with a registration fee will be submitted.
- Once the application process is done students might then be called for an interview.
- At the end of the process, a merit list will be issued.
BTech Admission to IPU
BTech admission is going on at IPU. It admits students to BTech, BTech Lateral entry and integrated BTech-MTech courses. The tuition fee for the BTech courses is INR 1 lakh per year approximately. IPU provides many specializations in the BTech course such as Civil, Electrical, Computer Science, Artificial Intelligence, etc. Admission to these courses is based on the JEE Main Paper 1 marks. After applying, students need to appear for counselling.
B.Tech Admission Entrance Test 2023
B.Tech admission can be taken in UGC-approved state, and private universities/colleges after passing any of the following entrance exams.
- JEE Main
- The Joint Entrance Exam (JEE) is being introduced for admission to various engineering institutes in India.
- JEE Main is being conducted by the National Testing Agency (NTA).
- It is organized in a computer-based mode.
- Candidates who have passed the 12th/equivalent exam in 2021, and 2022 irrespective of their age can appear in the exam.
- The application fee for JEE Main is INR 650.
- Applications have started for JEE Main where students can apply till 12 January 2023.
- The BITSAT 2023 online application form will soon release.
- The exam is recognized as a competitive engineering test in India.
- The test is conducted online mode to offer admission to the B.Tech program.
- All 12th pass-outs can apply, and appear in the BITSAT exam.
- MHT CET is a state common test organized by Maharashtra Government for Technical, and Engineering courses admission.
- Candidates who have completed their 12th or equivalent study from the approved board can seek to appear in this state-level exam. The minimum percentage required is 45 in the previous qualifying exam.
- All unreserved categories can register by depositing INR 800.
BTech Admission 2023 Entrance Important Dates
Top BTech institutes conduct entrance exams to admit students like JJE, BITSAT, LPUNEST, etc. The entrance schedule has been released which is the following:
|BTech Entrance||Entrance Date||Application Last Date|
|JEE Main||24-31 January 2023||12 January 2023|
|JEE Advanced||August 2023||4 June 2023|
|MHT CET||July 2023||April 2023|
|BITSAT||20 July 2023||15 June 2023|
|LPUNEST||25 January-7 February 2023||15 January 2023|
|WBJEE||30 April 2023||20 January 2023|
|PESSAT||June 2023||May 2023|
The above given Entrance dates are tentative and may change.
BTech Top Colleges 2023
Here is the list of colleges that are ranked top for BTech admission by NIRF. The fee structure, entrance exam accepted, and average placement package are also given:
|BTech College||BTech Fee||Placement Package||Entrance Accepted|
|IIT Madras||1,12,000||35 Lakhs||JEE Advanced|
|IIT Delhi||1,00,000||23 Lakhs||JEE Advanced|
|IIT Kanpur||1,13,000||29 Lakhs||JEE Advanced|
|IIT Mumbai||1,19,000||22 Lakhs||JEE Advanced|
|IIT Roorkee||1,50,000||25 Lakhs||JEE Advanced|
|IIT Kharagpur||1,49,000||18 Lakhs||JEE Advanced|
|IIT Guwahati||1,49,530||27 Lakhs||JEE Advanced|
|NIT Tiruchirappalli||60,000 – 1,14,000||11 Lakhs||JEE Main|
Top Specializations in B.Tech
This program offers a wide range of specializations to aspirants. Btech can be viewed as a large tree with many branches that can be called specializations. The following are the top specializations that Btech aspirants can pursue to build a strong career in engineering:
BTech Computer Science
A four-year undergraduate program in B. Tech in Computer Science & Engineering gives learners the skills to create hardware/software systems, components, or methods to satisfy objectives while working within practical restrictions.
A student will be qualified to work in an interdisciplinary group, develop and resolve Engineering challenges, and create and compare approaches, techniques, and methods after successfully completing the program. The curriculum has a strong priority on the digitalization of technologies that help students develop their understanding of arithmetic and algorithms.
Btech Information Technology
In the four-year B.Tech in IT program, IT professors train students to become proficient programmers in significantly greater languages and to collaborate successfully with clientele and other group representatives to evaluate, define, configure, enforce, assess, and report software that satisfies client requirements.
Also, it gives students the skills they need to become innovative computer experts on their own as technology changes, to explain technical ideas to people who don’t understand them, to come up with plans for integrating equipment and applications into specific environments, and to do their jobs in a morally acceptable and highly qualified way.
Btech Mechanical Engineering
The four-year, full-time B.Tech. in Mechanical Engineering program is organized into eight semesters. This program’s primary goal is to give students practical expertise in the domain of automotive engineering using mechanical engineering as a foundation.
A variety of advanced technologies used in the production and operation of autos and auto parts are introduced to the participants. Providing learners with the knowledge and abilities necessary to succeed in the automotive industry is the main objective.
BTech in Biotechnology
One of the top engineering specialties is B. Tech in Biotechnology, also termed as B.tech in Biotechnology. Any technical use of biological components or live beings to develop or alter goods or procedures for a particular purpose is referred to as biotechnology. “Antibiotics” were also created via biotechnology.
Technologies, exploration, and innovation are all combined in the biotechnology bachelor’s degree program. It’s a more research-focused degree that covers coursework in genetic engineering, chemical engineering, and applied biology. This subject is relevant to the usage of factory & industrial operations, biological species, agribusiness, and pharmaceuticals.
Btech Electronics Engineering
A four-year undergraduate curriculum called the B. Tech. in Electrical and Electronics Engineering teaches the fundamentals of subjects like controlling networks, networking, radio wave designing, data processing, nanotechnology, microchips, power production, and electric drives. The National Board of Accreditation has approved the program (NBA).
BTech in Computer Science Engineering
BTech CSE program’s syllabus includes challenging courses in disciplines including Network Theory & Composition, Software Processing in Python, Digital System Design, Computer chip and Microchip with Interfacings, and Software Programming in Python. Candidates in this degree generally study how to create technological advances that can be used to enhance electrical and communication systems.
BTech ECE Admission
The BTech ECE is offered as a specialization for students who are aspiring to get knowledge about both disciplines for upgrading their career levels. By getting admission in this course, students get to increase their knowledge regarding the electronics & communication discipline.
The curriculum of this course covers topics like data structures, electromagnets, communication skills, control systems, wireless technology, etc. As the advancement in the discipline has come the job opportunities for students can also be increased after their BTech ECE course. They get to apply for jobs in the telecom sector, media sector, communication sector, etc.
BTech in Petroleum Engineering
Petroleum engineering is the study of various practices and techniques that allow students to improve their technical knowledge of the discipline. The BTech in petroleum engineering curriculum is a four-year course that prepares students to face professional challenges in this field.
Students who are aspiring to get admission in the BTech in Petroleum Engineering courses require to have passed their 12th class from a recognized institution or board while scoring a minimum of 55% score.
BTech Admission Without JEE
There are various universities in India that provide BTech courses without taking the JEE entrance. One famous university which does not require JEE for admission to BTech is LPU. Admission for 2023 has started at this university. Some universities take other entrance exams than JEE for admission. These entrances have been listed above. Also, some other universities grant direct admission into BTech.
BTech Admission Government College
Admission to BTech programs is provided in government colleges as well as private colleges. Most private colleges provide admission on a merit basis. As far as government colleges are considered, they admit students through entrance exams. The government colleges for BTech admission include
- Indian Institute of Engineering Science & Technology, Shibpur
- Birla Institute of Technology, Mesra
- AU College of Engineering
- IIIT Delhi, etc.
Lateral Entry in BTech
BTech Lateral Entry means the admission will be granted directly to the 2nd year of an undergraduate engineering degree. To get entry in the 2nd year, students must have completed a Diploma in Engineering or BSc in Physics or Mathematics. The duration then will be 3 years. Many states conduct entrance for BTech Lateral Entry admission. These include AP ECET, UPSEE, TS ECET, Haryana LEET, etc.
BTech Career Aspects & Scope
Engineers are those who have successfully completed their BTech program. Engineers will have a prefix applied based on their specialization. For instance, someone who has finished both computer science and engineering will be referred to as a computer engineer, while someone who has finished nuclear science will be referred to as a nuclear engineer. B.Tech graduates have two options: they can either begin working or continue their education by earning a master’s degree and far above.
Following completion of a B.Tech., the following job options are listed according to the specializations chosen by aspirants:
- Computer Science Engineer: A person who develops, tests, and evaluates the software that powers computers is often referred to as a computer engineer. They frequently contribute to the creation of software and video games.
- Mechanical Engineer: Machines that generate power are the main focus of mechanical engineers. Electrical power stations, intrinsic ignition motors, rotors, freezers, and even air conditioning units are examples of this equipment.
- Automobile Engineer: Automobile engineers are specialists who work on the creation of motorbikes, lorries, buses, cars, and various automobiles. Automobile engineers also work on item innovation and vehicle modification.
- Aeronautical Engineer: A professional who deals with aircraft is known as an aerospace engineer. He or she is principally concerned with developing power equipment for aviation. An aeronautical engineer also researches the aerodynamic properties of building materials and airplanes.
- Civil Engineer: An expert who plans, designs, builds, maintains, and operates infrastructure while considering the effects on the ecosystem and public welfare is known as a civil engineer.
Salary for B.Tech grads varies according to experience and education. In India, the typical B.Tech income varies from INR 4.5 to 6 LPA. By pursuing more education or gaining professional expertise, students can raise their income even further.
Why Study BTech?
B-Tech program is a dream for students who are linked with the field of science and technology. Below are given the details about the importance of this program:
- One of the foremost features of this course is that it is provided in more than 100 specializations.
- As we know that the world is going to take a step forward with new technologies and this course provides experts to solve the issues related to these technologies.
- Mostly the individuals remain worried about their career thus after completing this course they can be hired for top positions in the field.
Top Recruiters For B.TEch Graduates
BTech graduates are in high demand across all fields of engineering, so there is a high need for them. It is a common event for companies – big and small, public and private – to hire engineers with different capabilities. some of the top recruiters are given below must check out:
- TATA Consultancy
- Bain & Company
- Infosys Technologies
- Larson & Toubro
- IBM Global Services
- InfoEdge India Ltd
- Accenture Services
- HCL Technologies
- Goldman Sachs
- AT Kearney
On-campus placements at colleges and universities are a great way to hire B.Tech graduates. To find out what companies visit your campus after engineering, talk to the placement office at your college or university if you are considering what to do afterward. Overall Btech graduates have great opportunities in various fields.
Top Universities For B.Tech Admission
- Savitribai Phule Pune University
- Maharaja Sayajirao University of Baroda
- University of Mumbai
- University of Lucknow
- Sam Higginbottom Institute of Agriculture Technology and Science
- Devi Ahilya Vishwavidyalaya
- Kurukshetra University
- Maharshi Dayanand University
- Madras University
- Banaras Hindu University
- Pondicherry University
- Chhatrapati Shahu ji Maharaj University
- Central University of Jharkhand
- University of Kashmir
- Christ University
- Jamia Millia Islamia
- Annamalai University
- Aligarh Muslim University
- Central University of Haryana
- Utkal University
- Central University of Kerala
- Maulana Azad National Urdu University
Other Courses Admission
|BCom Admission||MLIS Admission|
|BEd Admission||MPharma Admission|
|BLIS Admission||MSc Admission|
|MBA IT Admission||MSc IT Admission|
|BPharma Admission||MSW Admission|