MLIS Admission 2022: Masters of Library and Information Science is abbreviated as MLIS having a duration of one year and taught at the PG level. The MLIS programme is developed particularly for students who desire to work as librarians. This course requires students to have a comparable UG background.
Along with the management of the library, this course also provides knowledge about the fields of computer applications, basics of computers, statistical techniques, planning, and management. Admissions to the MLIS and other library courses are done through merit because this course is offered in only a few Indian colleges. In the month of June or July, these admissions are conducted every year.
They assist library users with doing research and locating the data they require. In their capacity as instructors, they guide users through the evaluation of search references and outcomes.
Eligibility Criteria for MLIS Admission
In most, the Universities admissions to MLIS degree program is based on merit and the merit criteria include the following conditions:
- Having a bachelor’s degree in the field of library science is mandatory for candidates who apply for this course, thus having BLIS is mandatory.
- Qualifying the required degree the marks of candidates must be equal to or more than 50-60%.
- There is no condition for passing any entrance exam.
MLIS Admission Fee Structure
There is the average fee for the MLIS degree program is INR 10000 per year. Although, slight changes in the fee structure may occur.
MLIS Admission Highlights
- MLIS Admission at IGNOU Admission 2022 has begun, students can apply for admission till 22 September 2022. Click here
MLIS Admission Highlights
|MLIS Full form||Masters of Library and Information Science|
|MLIS Course Duration||Two Years|
|Eligibility Criteria for MLIS Admission||BLIS with 50% aggregate from a recognised university or college|
|Master of Library & Information Science Average Fees||INR 50,000 to 1.20 Lakh|
|Admission Process||Merit or Entrance Exam|
|Top MLIS Universities||
MLIS Admission Updates
- Nalanda Open University has extended the last date of MLIS Admission 2022 to October 15 2022. Know More
- Patna University has scheduled the counseling session on 27-28 September 2022. Know More
- IGNOU MLIS Admission the last date is October 10 2022. Know More
MLIS Application Form 2022
MLIS application form for the academic, and calendar year cycle is arranged online, and offline in various UGC-approved universities. The application fee for the master’s degree program in the library, and information science varies. However, it can be seen in IGNOU as INR 300.
MLIS application fees can be deposited in two modes that are online, and offline. The successful deposit of the fee allows applicants to complete the application form process before the scheduled last date. Candidates receive an acknowledgement number after the submission of the application form.
MLIS Admission Procedure
MLIS admission procedure is followed online, and offline mode. Candidates can enrol in MLIS program by following the instructions given below.
How to Apply for MLIS Admission Online?
- Visit the MLIS Online Admission Portal of Any UGC Approved Institution.
- Register by entering your active email id, and unique mobile number.
- Log In to MLIS Online Admission Account.
- Complete mandatory sections that contain personal, educational, and other details.
- Upload scanned MLIS documents and deposit fee.
- Confirmation of application form submission can be seen on the portal.
Why Study MLIS?
Candidates after passing the MLIS degree get a wide range of financial benefits. Most the students in India choose to study this course because of the given reasons:
- The professional field after getting this degree is so relaxing as the employment associated with this degree is all related to office work.
- Individuals with this degree build a career as a librarian, Integrated Library System Application specialists, Library Attendant, Information Architect, and Junior Information Analyst.
- The salaries of these individuals are enough even at the initial and they can earn about INR 3 to 4 lacs per annum.
- Students after completing this degree can continue studies with an M.Phil or PhD degree.
- This degree imparts important management, storage, and information access skills.
What after MLIS degree course?
After earning a Master’s degree, students may also pursue a Doctorate degree. They typically work in libraries, universities, and educational institutions. They can also serve as a career consultant, a librarian, or a counsellor. Librarians and teachers make up the majority of job profiles in this industry. In addition to the commercial sector, the institutional sector offers a variety of alternatives.
MLIS Career Aspects and Scope
A master’s degree in library and information science opens up a wide range of professional options. They can pursue additional education in the same subject or get work experience in a variety of sectors. Candidates receive a variety of career offers after finishing their M.Lib.I.Sc. (Bachelor of Hospitality Management) programme. Following completion of their M.Lib.I.Sc., applicants may find employment in some of the following prominent job categories:
- Deputy Librarian: The auxiliary library team, which offers the services outlined in library policy, is supervised by a deputy librarian. Additionally, they collaborate with the educational personnel to guarantee that the library has the right materials to assist teaching and learning across the school.
- Academic Librarian: An academic librarian gathers, administers, organises, and disperses library resources to ensure that their availability fulfills the needs of all patrons.
- Electronic Resources Librarian: A librarian who specialises in electronic resources manages the entire life cycle of digital resources like e-books, films, databases, etc. They are also in charge of handling serials, which involves placing orders, keeping them updated, and collecting print and electronic editions.
- Librarian: A librarian handles a variety of duties that are crucial to the operation of a library, including purchasing, categorising, choosing, circulating, and maintaining library items. In addition, they offer readers recommendations on other literature.
- Teacher Librarian: A teacher librarian oversees and distributes educational materials for the school. To assist them and their kids in developing the abilities required to choose relevant texts, they cooperate with the school and its educators.
The compensation of an individual is based on their characteristics and talents, just like in every other sector. Additionally, the longevity and success of a person inside a company or organization affect the wages. Additionally, it varies for each job description. The income range for a master’s degree in library and information science in India is INR 2.1 to 5.5 LPA. Graduates with skills can also land some of the highest-paying positions in the sector. This wage is not defined and may change depending on a variety of circumstances. These variables include things like region, title, degree, and employment history.
History is often known as previous data, and both libraries and museums have collections of it. The purpose of librarians and curators at museums and libraries is to transmit this information to the following generation. Programs like the Master of Library and Information Science (M.Lib.I.Sc.) offer the necessary education to pursue this professional path. One of the oldest and most significant occupations in the world, it also pays quite well.
Top Universities For MLIS Admission
- Madras University
- Utkal University
- University of Mumbai
- University of Lucknow
- Vardhman Mahaveer Open University
- Central University of Kerala
- University of Kashmir
- Jamia Millia Islamia
- Central University of Haryana
- Maharaja Sayajirao University of Baroda
- Maharshi Dayanand University
- Aligarh Muslim University
- Indira Gandhi National Open University
- Yashwantrao Chavan Maharashtra Open University
- Karnataka State Open University
- OPJS University
- Pondicherry University
- Central University of Jharkhand
- Dr BR Ambedkar Open University
- Tamil Nadu Open University
- Annamalai University
- Devi Ahilya Vishwavidyalaya
- Savitribai Phule Pune University
- UP Rajarshi Tandon Open University
- Christ University
- Kurukshetra University
- Banaras Hindu University
- Sam Higginbottom Institute of Agriculture Technology and Science
- Maulana Azad National Urdu University
- Chhatrapati Shahu ji Maharaj University
|Other Courses Admission 2022|
|BCom Admission||MSW Admission|
|BCA Admission||MTech Admission|
|BBM Admission||PG Diploma Admission|
|BBA Admission||PhD Admission|
|BA Education Admission||MBA Admission|
Be the first to leave a review.