BA Mathematics Admission 2023: BA Mathematics is a three-year regular and undergraduate degree program. The program is famous for its versatility in terms of knowledge, skills, and career options. The undergraduate program offers an opportunity to have a strong base in modern mathematics.
BA Mathematics Trending Updates
- Bachelor of Arts in Mathematics Admission is ongoing at Amity University, The last date is 31 August 2023 to apply. Source
- BA Mathematics registration process has been announced for session 2023-24, the last date is 20 August 2023. Source
BA Mathematics core and elective subjects cover the study of abstract algebra, probability, real analysis, linear optimization, number theory, cryptography, and more.
BA Mathematics Admission Highlights
|Course Name||BA Mathematics Course|
|Eligibility||12th with 50% from Recognized Board|
|Course Level||Graduate (UG-Level)/Bachelor’s|
|Admission Process||Merit-based/ Entrance Exam|
|Course Fee||INR 15,000 TO INR 60,000|
|Salary||INR 2.7 LPA to INR 4.5 LPA|
|Top Job Profiles||Banker, Teacher, Loan Officer, Researcher,|
Why should I opt for Ba Mathematics?
- Graduates choose Bachelor of Arts in Mathematics to learn the advanced mathematical skillset of reasoning, and problem-solving in three major subject areas – Analysis, Algebra, and Statistical data.
- The main emphasis of this course is to teach candidates the science of space, time, quantities, measurements, shapes, and numbers, and their relationships with each other.
- This provides future employment opportunities for becoming Accountants, Statisticians, Researchers, Technical Writers, etc. Higher education options include MA in Mathematics, MBA, etc.
BA Mathematics Admission 2023
BA Mathematics admission has started for session 2023-24 in numerous universities approved in India. Students can submit application forms online and offline mode. Admission for BA Mathematics is provided on the basis of merit by several universities. The determination of the merit list is a steady process that relies on academic, or entrance test scores.
Application Fee: Most universities have different forms for applying to the BA Mathematics three-year regular degree program. Applicants can find differences in the application fees from INR 250 to INR 500 in the state, central, and private universities. In order to make a successful application form submission aspirants needed to deposit fees through a debit card, credit card, UPI, or any other mode of payment.
Course Fee: The total fee for a full-time BA Mathematics six-semester course is between INR 15,000 TO INR 60,000.
College/University: Candidates can apply to the BA Mathematics degree program at several universities e.g., Ambedkar University, University of Lucknow, Chaudhary Charan Singh University, etc.
The eligibility to secure to reserve a seat of admission to the BA Mathematics degree course is mentioned below.
- 12th standard is a must for a BA Mathematics course from the recognized board.
- Students get selected based on their merit score and entrance exam for this program.
- 50 percent is the minimum score that candidates have to secure in the state, and the central board runs a qualifying exam.
- Problem-solving mindset: the individual must have the ability to look out for difficult problems and understand related information to further reach desired solutions.
- Critical thinking ability: an individual must be able to use logical reasoning to identify strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions to complex problems.
- Active Learning: the capability of understanding the implication of current information for successfully solving recent and future problems.
- Reading Comprehension: scholars must understand words, phrases, clauses, and sentences to further comprehend mathematical concepts.
BA Mathematics Admission Process
Those applicants who are looking for admission in Bachelors of Art in Mathematics, They can apply through entrance or merit. These important points mentioned below can make the admission process easy for them.
- Applicants complete 12 classes with math from a recognized board with minimum marks 50%. It can vary from university to university.
- Then apply for admission on merit basis or apply with entrance rank base.
- Carry all the documents which are mentioned on the website.
- Then after selection notification will be sent to selected applicants.
BA Mathematics Syllabus
|Semester I||Semester II|
|Elementary Algebra And Trigonometry||Group Theory|
|Differential Calculus||Integral Calculus|
|Geometry And Vector Analysis||Analytical Geometry|
|Limits And Continuity||Polynomials|
|Semester III||Semester IV|
|Advanced Algebra||Vector spaces and Matrices|
|Differential Equations||Real Analysis|
|CALCULUS II||Number Theory & Game Theory|
|Semester V||Semester VI|
|Functions of several variables||
|Partial Differential Equations||
BA Mathematics College
Every year, numerous colleges in India open their admission portal for the BA Mathematics program. Below is a list of some top colleges that will help students to choose the college for admission.
- CHANDIDAS MAHAVIDYALAYA, BIRBHUM
- JAGANNATH KISHORE COLLEGE, PURULIA
- K.K. DAS COLLEGE, KOLKATA
- ST ANN’S COLLEGE FOR WOMEN, HYDERABAD
- FERGUSSON COLLEGE, PUNE
- ELPHINSTONE COLLEGE, MUMBAI
- JESUS AND MARY COLLEGE, NEW DELHI
- NIZAM COLLEGE, HYDERABAD
- A.V. COLLEGE OF ARTS SCIENCE AND COMMERCE, HYDERABAD
Scope of BA Mathematics
BA Mathematics offers a rich career ahead, thus someone who wants to study, and proceeds to make a profession in statistics, accounting, research, or any other related industry would like to opt for the mentioned undergraduate program.
What further courses can one opt for after completing BA Mathematics?
MA in Mathematics is the most appropriate choice made by graduates of mathematics. The master’s level course provides a curriculum of various theorems, algorithms, calculus, and several practical applications of mathematics in the real world. Students upon graduation can opt for higher education in the same field such as PhD or MPhil in Mathematics.
BA Mathematics Salary & Job Profiles
The possession of a Bachelor of Arts in Mathematics degree can open the door to some exciting possibilities, with starting salaries ranging from 2.7 to 4.5 LPA. Earning a mathematics degree increases one’s chances of finding work in fields such as engineering, education, banking, meteorology, and other related industries. The following is a list of available positions for which qualified individuals may submit an application.
- Data Analyst
- Chartered Accountant
- Acoustic Consultant
- Data Scientist
- Actuarial Analyst
Note: Syllabus of BA Mathematics may vary from university to university.
Some Other UG/PG Courses
Question: What subjects will be taught in the BA Mathematics course?
Answer: In this bachelor’s degree subjects will be taught like Dynamics and Geometry, Statistics, Probability, Integration, Optimisation, Multivariable Calculus, Linear Algebra, Differentiation, etc. However, subjects may vary from university to university.