Cotton University Admission 2024: Cotton University holds a great scope in Assam for higher education. It is located in Guwahati. It also has the approval of UGC. This University holds around 100 study centers across Assam with 300+ faculty members. It offers numerous UG, PG, and PhD courses such as BE, BTech, BA, BSc (research-based), MSc, MTech, and MA in various specializations. The academic season 2024 admissions are expected to start on 2 August 2024 for the UG course. For PG & PhD courses, the deadline for application forms will be 14 September 2024.
Cotton University Admission Updates (February 2024)
- Cotton University Admission to various UG and PG courses will open on 02 August 2024 and close on 10 September 2024*.
- Cotton University entrance exam (CPGEE) registration will be started on 10 May 2024* and run till 30 May 2024.
- Cotton University PG Entrance Examination (CPGEE) will be conducted on 10 June 2024.
Cotton University Admission Highlights
|Mode of Education
|BA, BCA, B.Sc, MCA, M.Sc, MA,, PhD and more
|B.Sc, MCA, and so on
|Mode of Admission
|Merit-Based, Entrance Exam
|CUET, CPGEE, NET
|Wipro, TCS, and Amazon.
|Cotton University Official Website
|Admission Eligibility UG Course
|10+2 with minimum 50% marks with the same subjects
|Admission Eligibility PG Course
|UG degree from a recognized University with 50% marks
|Admission Eligibility Ph.D. Course
|PG Degree with 55% marks (50% for SC/ST)
Cotton University Courses Admission Eligibility 2024
- BTech Eligibility: BTech at CU is offered in various specializations such as Civil, Mechanical, and electrical. The applicants wishing for this program must have a 10+2 education with 50% marks. JEE Main will be the entrance exam for this course. Students will pay INR 650/- as an application fee for admission to this program.
- BA Eligibility: BA is also a popular UG course at Cotton uni. Its eligibility is passing class 12 with at least 50% marks in any stream. Probably, merit-based enrollments are offered.
- BE Eligibility: It is a UG degree of CU in engineering stream with multiple specializations. Its eligibility requirement is 10+2 with PCM subjects and also pass the JEE Main entrance exam.
- MSc Eligibility: Master’s degree in science at CU requires minimum eligibility of BSc in a relevant subject. Its admissions are mostly merit-based, followed by interviews.
- MTech Eligibility: This technology PG program of Cotton University is offered in multiple specializations. The applicants for this degree must have a UG degree in engineering with 50% marks aggregate. CUPET or JEE Main are entrance exams for this program.
Cotton University Admission 2024
Cotton University provides Diploma, PG Diploma, UG, PG, and Certificate courses. The application process is online on the Cotton University official site. Fill out the admission form with the correct details. Submit the duly filled admission form through the link, and there is no need to visit the university campus.
Cotton University admission guidelines state that students must pay an application fee. The application fee is INR 600, and it must be paid through the website portal www.cottonuniversity.ac.in. Students can use debit cards, credit cards, or any form of net banking.
How to apply for Cotton University? Students can apply through the official website of the university. Admissions will be accepted in online mode only and there is no provision to fill offline forms. Students can fill out the online application form @admissions.cottonuniversity.ac.in/
Cotton University UG Admission
Programs like BA, BSc, BCA, BCom & more are offered with various specializations. To be eligible for admission to the Undergraduate level program, one must have passed the 12th board from a recognized board of education in India. In general, students are admitted based on the results of their last examinations.
- BSc: Cotton University Admission is based on merit and is available to students who have graduated from 10+2 in the PCM stream. Students must have completed their 10+2 from a recognized educational board.
- Bachelor of Arts (BA): BA courses are offered in a wide range of subjects to students all over the country. Students who have completed their 12th grade in any stream are eligible to apply for admission to this course at Cotton University. The BA degree can be obtained in 3 years.
- BCA: Bachelor of Computer Application is the full form of BCA. It is an undergraduate degree of the duration 3 years. The degree deals with the knowledge and understanding of computers and their application.
- BCom: Bachelor of Commerce is a three-year undergraduate degree program. In order to be considered for admission to Cotton University’s BCom courses, a student must pass the CUET entrance exam. Applicants must have passed their 12th grade or equivalent from a recognized board of education to be considered for admission.
Cotton University PG Admission
Cotton University provides admission to various PG-level courses such as M.A, M.Sc, M.C.A, MLISc, LLM, etc. The admission process for the 2024 session will begin in August 2024 and end in September 2024 at Cotton University. The University offers PG courses in different specialisations based on merit and entrance exam score. The applicants can submit their application forms at the University’s official website. Cotton University PG application fee is INR 800. Students who have completed their UG degree from any recognized University with 50% marks can apply for Cotton University PG admission.
- MCA: Applicants must hold a BCA degree from a recognized college with a minimum grade point average of 50%. Admission is based on aggregate scores from the CPGEE entrance examination.
- LLM: It is a master’s degree program offered by Cotton University. LLM or Master of Law takes 2 years to complete. Aspirants must have Bachelor’s degree in law (LLB) or equivalent to apply for Cotton University Admission into LLM course. The University offers only 20 seats.
- MA: To be eligible for admission to MA course at Cotton University, Students should have a UG degree (BA Degree holder will be preferred) from any UGC-approved university. Admission to the MA course will be accepted through the entrance exam score CUET PG 2024.
Cotton University PhD Admission
A lot of candidates apply for Ph.D. admission at Cotton University. Candidates who fulfill the measurements of the University to be admitted to the program have been selected by the University. Candidates who are interested in applying for PhD admission at this university can check the eligibility criteria that are given below:
- University accepts the admission of candidates who qualify NET or the University’s entrance exam.
- A master’s degree or equivalent must be required to apply for PhD admission.
- Applicants must have 55% marks in the master’s degree program.
Cotton University Application Form 2024
Coton University will invite the application forms for all undergraduate, postgraduate, diploma, and PhD courses offered by the university for the 2024 session. Students can fill out the application form at www.cottonuniversity.ac.in in online mode. The university will release the application in the first week of August 2024. Cotton University admission last date will be 20 October 2024*. There is a registration fee of INR 750 that needs to be paid by the applicants before the application deadline.
How to Apply for Cotton University Admission?
- Go to Cotton University’s official website @cottonuniversity.ac.in
- Click on the Academics tab and select the Admission option.
- The Admission Page will be open.
- You can see the heading Online Application for UG/PG Admission.
- Click on login and register yourself by filling in the details.
- After registration log in yourself and the application form will be open.
- Fill in the details like personal and academic details.
- Pay the Application fee and submit the form.
- 10th Mark-sheets and Pass certificate
- Income Certificate
- Character Certificate
- Category Certificate
- Transfer Certificate
- 12th Mark-sheets and Pass certificate
- Admission Test Hall Ticket/Scorecard
Cotton University Entrance Exam
Cotton University conducts an Entrance Exam for admissions in mainly PG courses; however, UG admissions are based on merit. CPGEE is the entrance exam organized and run by Cotton University. Its complete form is Cotton University PG Entrance Exam. The various postgraduate degree courses for which the exam is conducted are M.Com, M.Sc, and MCA. Every candidate who wishes to fill out the application form for any PG course at Cotton University will have to fill out the form using the official site of the CU.
Only those applicants who succeed in passing the entrance exams held at the national, state, and university levels for specialized degree programs at the UG, PG, and Research levels are accepted by Cotton University.
- Cotton University approves admission to UG programs absolutely on the Common University Entrance Test-UG (CUET-UG) valid marks.
- Cotton University PG Entrance Examination (CPGEE) is performed every year or administered by the admission department of the university for PG courses.
- University Grants Commission National Eligibility Test (UGC-NET) passed candidates are exempted from the Cotton University doctoral level admission exam.
CPGEE is an entrance exam at the university level under the PG category. The University itself is the conducting body, and offline (pen and paper) mode is used for the exam. Its syllabus is provided earlier for the preparation of students. It varies based on the course. Exam papers for CPGEE will have a different pattern in each degree program.
Cotton University Result
Cotton University results for semester exams are available on its website. Candidates from UG/PG courses (All Semesters) including Ph.D., MCA, MA, MSc, BCA, BSc, and BA can check their results online at https://cottonuniversity.ac.in/. Aspirants may simply get the Cotton University UG/PG Result by using the links provided. So get ready with your login information to get the copy of the grade report that CU will issue on their official portal.
What is the Procedure for Checking Cotton University Result?
Below are steps to get the Cotton University Result:
- Go to https://cottonuniversity.ac.in (CU Website).
- The official homepage of University will appear.
- Where you have to go in ” Students Corner”
- You will get the” CU Result” link in the student corner portion, click on it.
- Provide your Roll number when the result link opens.
- The Cotton University result will then be shown on the screen.
Cotton University Course Admission
|MA in Ancient Indian History
|MA in Culture and Archaeology
|MA in Anthropology
|MA in Arabic
|MA in Assamese
|MA in Bengali
|MA in Bodo
|MA in Economics
|MA in Education
|MA in English
|MA in Hindi
|MA in History
|MA in Mass Communication & Journalism
|MA in Persian
|MA in Philosophy
|MA in Political Science
|MA in Psychology
|MA in Sanskrit
|MA in Sociology
|MSc in Artificial Intelligence & Machine Learning
|MSc in Botany
|MSc in Chemistry
|MSc in Chemistry Biology and Wildlife Sciences
|MSc in Geography
|MSc in Geology
|MSc in Mathematics
|MSc in Molecular Biology and Biotechnology
|MSc in Physics
|MSc in Statistics
|MSc in Zoology
The university has a separate department for training/Placement. It provides job opportunities, every year we get many research scholars and PhD aspirants every year many new students get selected as associate professors in some renowned colleges in India.
The placement and job opportunities are very good, every year we get many research scholars and P.hD aspirants every year many new students get selected as associate professors in some renowned colleges of India with a good package of a salary of about 15 to 16 lakhs. The university has its internship named THE STUDENT AID FUND however it gives to a very low amount of people every year.
Cotton University Contact Details:
- Address: Dutta Baruah Bhawan, Guwahati, Assam, Pin code: 781001
- Contact Number: 0361 260 1100
- Cotton University Website: https://cottonuniversity.ac.in
Note: All the fees & dates listed above for Cotton University Admission are tentative. Please visit the University’s official website to verify.
Be the first to leave a review.