Himachal Pradesh University Admission 2024: The University offers various courses at UG, PG, PhD, and Diploma levels. LLB, BBA, and BCA are offered under the UG category. Various PG courses are M.Com, M.Ed, M.P.Ed, MA, MSc, MFA, M-Tech, and MBA. Students can apply to any of these courses from August 2024. Its last date will be announced in October 2024. The registration fee for general and SC/ST candidates is INR 1100 and INR 550, respectively.
|University Name||Himachal Pradesh University|
|Mode of Education||Regular, Distance Mode|
|Courses Offered||UG, PG, Ph.D., and more|
|Popular Courses||B.Tech, MBA, MCA, M.A, Ph.D. and more|
|Mode of Admission||Online and Offline|
|Selection Criteria||Merit-Based, Entrance Exam and Interview|
|Entrance Exam||HPU BEd, HPUCET, HPU MAT, NEET UG|
|Placement||Citrix. Cognizant. Infosys. Wipro. HP, and more|
|University Type||Public State University|
|University Website||HPU Official Website|
|Admission Eligibility UG Course||Required 10+2 or equivalent with relevant subjects from recognized educational board|
|Admission Eligibility PG Course||Graduation Degree from UGC UGC-approved university|
Himachal Pradesh University (HPU) is a publically owned state university situated in Shimla, Himachal Pradesh. HPU has been accredited by NAAC with a grade of A. Also, UGC has provided it recognition. The university comprises a total of 170 members of faculty in its 34 teaching departments.
- The application form fee for all courses except MCA & MTech CS is INR 700.
- The PG Integrated program MCA & MTech in CS requires a fee of INR 1,000.
HPU Courses Admission 2024
- BCA Eligibility: 10+2 with science subjects is the required eligibility criteria. Further, the candidates with 50% or more scores in the last exam will be selected.
- BBA Eligibility: Candidates’ score in the last exam of 10+2 or equivalent education must be more than 50% average. Admissions AT HPU for BBA are merit-based.
- LLB Eligibility: Each candidate must have a 12th standard education completed. This last education must be recognized, and a score of the candidate must be 55% plus.
- MFA Eligibility: BFA or any degree within the related discipline will be considered. Students will further be shortlisted based on their scores in the BFA exam.
- M.P.Ed Eligibility: Those who apply must have accomplished a B.P.Ed or equivalent. Such candidates must have passed their last exams with 60% or more.
Himachal Pradesh University Admission Highlights
|University Name||Himachal Pradesh University|
|Type of University||State University|
|Founded||22 July 1970|
|Offered UG Courses||BA, B.Com, BFA, B.Sc.|
|Offered PG Courses||M.Phil|
|Address||Gyan-Path, Summer-Hill, Shimla, Himachal Pradesh 171005|
HPU Admission 2024
The university offers UG and PG programs such as BALLB, BBA, BCA, BEd, MA, MCom, MBA, M.Tech MCA, MSc, MFA, etc although the admission portal is not open now for these courses. For students to be eligible, they must pass their 10+2 exams and have graduated from any stream with a minimum of 40% to 50% in relevant subjects.
HPU entrance exam and the merit list are both used to select students. Please read the instructions carefully before filling out the Himachal Pradesh University Admission form. Applications are accepted online and counseling is conducted offline at the university.
To apply for a PG course, students must have a bachelor’s degree in the relevant field from any recognized university in India.
- To get entry into a BDS program at HPU, it is mandatory for students to qualify NEET UG entrance exam.
- Along with the entrance exam NEET UG score, students must obtain a 50% minimum score in the intermediate to make their selections secured at HPU.
- HPU provides an MTech degree in computer science for which a minimum score of 55% in B-Tech qualification or equivalent is necessary to obtain.
HPU UG Admission
BEd Counselling Admission was open at Himachal Pradesh University, The last date to apply was 08 October 2024 for HPU UG Admission. Students must have to submit their application form before the last date of BEd Counselling Admission. The students can get Himachal Pradesh University admission into the various UG-level courses very soon by completing the admission process.
Himachal Pradesh University Admission set eligibility criteria for having a 10+2 level qualification to be enrolled in UG courses with a minimum 50% score.
- B.Sc: Himachal Pradesh University Admission offers a Bachelor of Science degree program in Nursing that takes four years to complete. There are several colleges affiliated with this university that offer BSc Nursing programs that are approved by the Indian Nursing Council. Admission to this program is available to students who have passed 10+2 with Physics, Chemistry, and Biology as their main subjects.
- BA: There are numerous BA courses offered at Himachal Pradesh University for students from the arts or any stream. A minimum of 50% must be achieved on the 12th board examination in any discipline. The educational institution must be recognized by the government of India.
HPU B.Ed Admission
Himachal Pradesh University offers Bachelor’s degree in Education. B.Ed is undergraduate-level professional programming that takes a minimum of 2 years to complete. Candidates who want to take admitted to this course must have completed any UG degree in the relevant field in order to be considered for admission.
Himachal Pradesh University PG Admission
Students who have graduated in the relevant fields are eligible to apply. The University offers a wide range of PG courses such as MA, MSc, MCom, MBA, LLM, and more. Admission to HPU PG courses will be based on the entrance exam, and some remaining seats will be admitted on the basis of merit scores.
- MA: The University offers a variety of master’s degree programs in subjects such as Hindi, English, Music, Persian, Philosophy, etc. A bachelor’s degree from a government-approved institute in any relevant field can be used to apply for admission to this course at this university.
- M.Sc: A Master of Science is a postgraduate degree that can be earned in two years. HPU accepts applications from students who have completed their bachelor’s degree in science.
- MCom: Master of Commerce course required bachelor’s degree with at least 50 percent score from central or state board. Selection for admission will depend on the merit and entrance exam.
- MBA: BBA, BCom, or any other equivalent degree is a must for admission to the MBA course. A student who wants to get enrolled in the program should obtain 50% marks from the recognized university.
HPU PhD Admission 2024
Direct admission will be offered for HPU PhD courses without any conduction of an entrance exam. Having approx 55% marks in a master’s degree can make you eligible for Ph.D. admission. The fee of the application form may vary as per the subject chosen in the doctoral course.
HP University Application Form 2024
Application form submission process is ongoing for PG courses to HP University Admission. At this university, students can submit online forms. It is also, recommended that everyone fill out their form in the correct format with correct information. The university has mentioned instructions to complete the application form at the official website www.hpuniv.ac.in portal.
- The students have to visit the Himachal Pradesh University website first.
- Move to the admission tab then tick at online application form 2024.
- Then fill up the application form properly with the necessary details.
- Upload all the needed documents on the form with passport-size photographs and the student’s signature on the white blank paper sheet.
- After clicking a photo of the signature and upload then click on submit after completing the payment.
- The application form fee payment can submit through online, net banking, credit/debit card, or UPI.
- Applicants are suggested to fill out their exact original details because the correction window might not be open this time.
www.admission.hpushimla.in login 2024
All the students who want to apply to Himachal Pradesh University for any desired course need to log in at www.admission.hpushimla.in. After getting logged in, students will get complete information about the course, admission, code, admit card & all. Things require to get an HPU pre-admission login are: User ID & Password given at the time of online pre-admission.
HPU Entrance Exam 2024
Himachal Pradesh University was started the registration for the (HPU MAT 2024) entrance exam at www.admissions.hpushimla.in.
The University conducts entrance for BEd, MEd, LLM & more course admission. There are limited seats for each professional program, so the process of seat allotment is completely based on an entrance test score.
To get into Himachal Pradesh University Admission, one must first register for HPU Entrance Exam on the official portal www.hpuniv.ac.in.
Himachal Pradesh University Course Admissions
|Advanced Post Graduate Diploma in Computer Application (APGDCA)||1 Year|
|B.A. (Arabic)||3 Years|
|B.A. (Computer Applications)||3 Years|
|B.A. (Drawing and Painting)||3 Years|
|B.A. (Economics)||3 Years|
|B.A. (Education)||3 Years|
|B.A. (English Literature)||3 Years|
|B.A. (English)||3 Years|
|B.A. (Fashion Designing)||3 Years|
|B.A. (Foreign Trade and Practice)||3 Years|
|B.A. (Geography)||3 Years|
|B.A. (Hindi Literature)||3 Years|
|B.A. (Hindi)||3 Years|
|B.A. (History)||3 Years|
|B.A. (Home Science)||3 Years|
|B.A. (Mathematics)||3 Years|
|B.A. (Military Studies)||3 Years|
|B.A. (Music Vocal)||3 Years|
|B.A. (Office Management)||3 Years|
|B.A. (Persian)||3 Years|
|B.A. (Philosophy)||3 Years|
|B.A. (Physical Education)||3 Years|
|B.A. (Political Science)||3 Years|
|B.A. (Psychology)||3 Years|
|B.A. (Sanskrit)||3 Years|
|B.A. (Sociology)||3 Years|
|B.A. (Statistics)||3 Years|
|B.A. (Tourism and Hotel Management)||3 Years|
|B.A. (Travel and Tourism Management)||3 Years|
|B.A. (Urdu)||3 Years|
|B.Com. (Hons.)||3 Years|
|B.Ed. (Special Education)||1 Year|
|B.Sc. (Agriculture)||4 Years|
|B.Sc. (Biotechnology)||3 Years|
|B.Sc. (Botany)||3 Years|
|B.Sc. (Chemistry)||3 Years|
|B.Sc. (Computer Applications)||3 Years|
|B.Sc. (Computer Science)||3 Years|
|B.Sc. (Economics)||3 Years|
|B.Sc. (Environmental Science)||3 Years|
|B.Sc. (Geography)||3 Years|
|B.Sc. (Home Science)||3 Years|
|B.Sc. (Industrial Chemistry)||3 Years|
|B.Sc. (Industrial Microbiology)||3 Years|
|B.Sc. (Mathematics)||3 Years|
|B.Sc. (Microbiology)||3 Years|
|B.Sc. (Military Science)||3 Years|
|B.Sc. (Physics)||3 Years|
|B.Sc. (Sports Science and Physiology)||3 Years|
|B.Sc. (Statistics)||3 Years|
|B.Sc. (Zoology)||3 Years|
|B.Tech. (Chemical Engineering)||4 Years|
|B.Tech. (Computer and Information Science)||3 Years|
|B.Tech. (Electrical Engineering)||4 Years|
|B.Tech. (Electronics & Communication Engineering)||4 Years|
|B.Tech. (Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering)||4 Years|
|B.Tech. (Mechanical Engineering)||4 Years|
|Bachelor of Library and Information Science (B.Lib.I.Sc.)||1 Year|
|Certificate Course In Tourism and Hotel Management||1 Year|
|Diploma Course in Yoga Education||1 Year|
|Diploma in Computer Application (DCA)||1 Year|
|Diploma in Fashion Design||1 Year|
|Diploma in Interior Design||1 Year|
|Diploma in Modern Office Management||3 Years|
|Diploma in Photography||1 Year|
|Diploma in Television & Video Production||6 Months|
|Diploma in Textile Design||1 Year|
|Diploma in Tourism Studies||1 Year|
|M.A. (Drawing and Painting)||2 Years|
|M.A. (Economics)||2 Years|
|M.A. (English)||2 Years|
|M.A. (Geography)||2 Years|
|M.A. (Hindi)||2 Years|
|M.A. (History)||2 Years|
|M.A. (Home Science)||2 Years|
|M.A. (Mathematics)||2 Years|
|M.A. (Music)||2 Years|
|M.A. (Persian)||2 Years|
|M.A. (Philosophy)||2 Years|
|M.A. (Political Science)||2 Years|
|M.A. (Psychology)||2 Years|
|M.A. (Sanskrit)||2 Years|
|M.A. (Social Work)||2 Years|
|M.A. (Sociology)||2 Years|
|M.A. (Statistics)||2 Years|
|M.A. (Urdu)||2 Years|
|M.B.A. (Marketing)||2 Years|
|M.Pharm. (Pharmaceutics)||2 Years|
|M.Pharm. (Pharmacology)||2 Years|
|M.Phil. (Analytical & Applied Economics)||2 Years|
|M.Phil. (Ancient Indian History Culture & Archaeology)||2 Years|
|M.Sc. (Agronomy)||2 Years|
|M.Sc. (Applied Chemistry)||2 Years|
|M.Sc. (Applied Mathematics)||2 Years|
|M.Sc. (Applied Physics)||2 Years|
|M.Sc. (Botany)||2 Years|
|M.Sc. (Chemistry)||2 Years|
|M.Sc. (Environmental Science)||2 Years|
|M.Sc. (Mathematics)||2 Years|
|M.Sc. (Military Science)||2 Years|
|M.Sc. (Physics)||2 Years|
|M.Sc. (Statistics)||2 Years|
|M.Sc. (Zoology)||2 Years|
|Master of Rural Management (MRM)||2 Years|
|P.G. Diploma in Yoga Education (D.Y.Ed.)||1 Year|
|PG Diploma in Microbiology||1 Year|
|PGDCP – Post Graduate Diploma in Computer Programming||1 Year|
|PGDJMC – Post Graduate Diploma in Journalism and Mass Communication||1 Year|
|Post Graduate Diploma in Clinical Pathology||1 Year|
|Post Graduate Diploma in Computer Applications (P.G.D.C.A.)||1 Year|
|Post Graduate Diploma in Entrepreneurship Development||1 Year|
|Post Graduate Diploma in Environmental Management (PGDEM)||2 Years|
|Post Graduate Diploma in Fashion Designing||2 Years|
|Post Graduate Diploma in Travel & Tourism Management||2 Years|
|Post Graduate Diploma in Yoga||2 Years|
|Post Graduate Diploma in Yoga Therapy||18 Months|
Himachal Pradesh University Scholarships
- Negi Utkrisht Chhatervritti Yojna: It is also known as Thakur Sen Negi Utkrisht Chhatervritti Yojna. A total of 100 ST boys and girls who have enrolled for Himachal Pradesh University Admission will benefit from this program. Those candidates received a grade of 72% or more in the 10th grade, as determined by the HP Board of Schools Education. 100 boys and 100 girls from the ST group who received 72% or higher in the 10+2 class are eligible for the scholarship. The scholarship is worth Rs.11,000 per year.
- Dr. Ambedkar’s Medhavi Chattervriti Yojana: The University awards scholarships to the top 1000 meritorious SC students. The same applies to the top 1000 students. This is done through the results of the HP Board of Schools Education, Dharamshala’s Matriculation Examination. These students are studying at an approved institution outside the state. It is important to note that renewal in the 10+1 Class / First Year Course will be contingent upon good performance in the 10+2 Class / 2nd Year. The scholarship is worth Rs10,000 annually.
Distinct Features of Himachal Pradesh University
- Fair and creditable semester system of examinations
- Special assistance departments of History, Physics, Bio-Technology, Chemistry, Bio-Sciences
- Academic Staff College is one of the best in India
- Commendable performance in sports and cultural activities at the national level.
- Congenial environment for higher studies
- A substantial number of students qualify for NET, GATE, and other competitive examinations every year.
- Accredited by National Assessment & Accreditation Council (NAAC)
- UGC recognized Centre for Excellence in Himalayan Studies
- Pioneered NRI (Self Financing) Scheme
- First to start Distance Education in the country
- Intellectually and Professionally enriched faculty
- HPU Alumni Excelled in All Spheres
- Linkages with national and international institutions
- The culture of holding seminars, workshops, conferences, symposia, etc.
- National-level achievements in NCC, NSS, and youth welfare programs.
- Free education to girl students.
- One seat is reserved in each department for a single girl child.
Himachal Pradesh University Affiliated Colleges List
- Govt. College Chowari, Distt. Chamba
- WRS Govt. College Dehri, Distt. Kangra
- Govt. College, Dharampur, Mandi
- Govt. College, Dhaliara, Distt. Kangra
- Govt. College Dharamshala, Distt. Kangra
- Swami Vivekanand Govt. Degree College, Distt. Bilaspur
- Govt. College, Hamirpur
Himachal Pradesh University Contact Details:
- Address: Summer Hill, Shimla, Himachal Pradesh 171005
- Email ID: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 0177 283 3555
- HPU Official Website: https://hpuniv.ac.in
- Central University of Himachal Pradesh
- Dr. Y.S.Parmar University of Horticulture & Forestry
- DU SOL (Delhi University Distance Education)
Note: All the fees & dates listed above for Himachal Pradesh University Admission are tentative. Please visit the university’s official website to verify.
Be the first to leave a review.