Himachal Pradesh University Admission 2023: Registration is ongoing for BTech, BEd course at Himachal Pradesh University. The last date to enroll for HPU Admission 2023 is 31 May 2023. Every year, the University conducts the HPU Management Aptitude Test for providing enrollment into management courses. The date of the entrance examination is also announced on the official portal.
HPU Trending Updates
- HPU has announced the revised PhD Counseling date for session 2023 to 03 June 2023. Source
- BTech Admission process is started for session 2023-24. HPU Admission last date is 31 May 2023. Source
- HPU BEd 2023 pre-admission is open now, the deadline to register at admissions.hpushimla.in is 30 May 2023. Source
- Himachal Pradesh University Admission 2023 for entrance-based courses begins, and the last date to register is 29 April 2023. Source
- HPU Admission 2023 for MBA courses is ongoing, the last date to apply is 10 May 2023. Source
- Examinations for B.A/B.Com 1st year (Session 2023) will be held in March 2023. (Source)
- Himachal Pradesh University has announced the last date for PhD programme admission for the 2023 session. the last date is 31 March 2023. Candidates can apply online at the official website. Source
There are numerous options that may attract students in the form of BHM, MTTM, MSc, MFA, LLB, and so on. The results of entrance exams may be used as the sole basis for admission to the aforementioned courses. On the official website, you can download admit cards for the HPU entrance test.
Himachal Pradesh University started offering online applications for BTech programs. The last date to apply for HPU admission to the BTech course is 31 May 2023.
A completed online application form should be accompanied by academic and personal documents to prevent errors.
- The application form fee for all courses except MCA & MTech CS is INR 700.
- The PG Integrated program MCA & MTech in CS requires a fee of INR 1,000.
Himachal Pradesh University Admission Highlights
|University Name||Himachal Pradesh University|
|Type of University||State University|
|Founded||22 July 1970|
|Offered UG Courses||BA, B.Com, BFA, B.Sc.|
|Offered PG Courses||M.Phil|
|Address||Gyan-Path, Summer-Hill, Shimla, Himachal Pradesh 171005|
HPU Admission 2023
The last date for Himachal Pradesh University Admission 2023 into BEd courses is 30 May 2023. The university provides UG and PG programs such as BALLB, BBA, BCA, BEd, MA, MCom, MBA, M.Tech MCA, MSc, MFA, etc. For students to be eligible, they must pass their 10+2 exams and have graduated from any stream with a minimum of 40% to 50% in relevant subjects.
HPU entrance exam and the merit list are both used to select students. Please read the instructions carefully before filling out the Himachal Pradesh University Admission form. Applications are accepted online and counseling is conducted offline at the university.
To apply for a PG course, students must have a bachelor’s degree in the relevant field from any recognized university in India.
- For getting entry into a BDS program at HPU, it is mandatory for students to qualify NEET UG entrance exam.
- Along with the entrance exam NEET UG score, students must obtain a 50% minimum score in the intermediate for making their selections secured at HPU.
- HPU provides an MTech degree in computer science for which a minimum score of 55% in B-Tech qualification or equivalent is necessary to obtain.
HPU UG Admission
HPU admission into UG-offered courses is to be released by the university soon on its official website. The applicants would be able to visit the official website and fill out the application form in the manner stated by the university. The students can get Himachal Pradesh University admission into the various UG-level courses very soon by completing the admission process.
Himachal Pradesh University Admission set eligibility criteria for having a 10+2 level qualification to be enrolled in UG courses with a minimum 50% score.
- B.Sc: Himachal Pradesh University Admission offers a Bachelor of Science degree program in Nursing that takes four years to complete. There are several colleges affiliated with this university that offer BSc Nursing programs that are approved by the Indian Nursing Council. Admission to this program is available to students who have passed 10+2 with Physics, Chemistry, and Biology as their main subjects.
- BA: There are numerous BA courses offered at Himachal Pradesh University for students from the arts or any stream. A minimum of 50% must be achieved on the 12th board examination in any discipline. The educational institution must be recognized by the government of India.
HPU B.Ed Admission
HPU BEd Entrance Exam 2023 last date to apply is 30 May 2023. Himachal Pradesh University offers Bachelor’s degree in Education. B.Ed is undergraduate-level professional programming that takes a minimum of 2 years to complete. Candidates who want to take admitted to this course must have completed any UG degree in the relevant field in order to be considered for admission.
|Opening Date for Submission of Online Applications||18 April 2023|
|Closing Date for submission of online applications||30 May 2023|
|Date of HPU B.Ed Entrance Exam 2023||15 June 2023|
|Date for correction||31 May to 1 June 2023|
|Generation of Admit Cards||One week before the entrance exam|
|Date of Counseling||To be announced|
Himachal Pradesh University PG Admission
HPU PG Admission has started for session 2023. PG programs like MSc, MA, MCom, MBA, MTTM, MEd & more are available to enroll in. Students who are graduated in the relevant fields are eligible to apply. The entrance exam will be conducted in May to get admission into HPU PG courses. The last date to register for HPU MBA Admission 2023 is 10 May 2023.
- MA: The University offers a variety of master’s degree programs in subjects such as Hindi, English, Music, Persian, Philosophy, etc. A bachelor’s degree from a government-approved institute in any relevant field can be used to apply for admission to this course at this university.
- M.Sc: A Master of Science is a postgraduate degree that can be earned in two years. HPU accepts applications from students who have completed their bachelor’s degree in science.
HPU PhD Admission 2023
Candidates who want to take admission into a PhD program they can submit the application form by 31 March 2023 at the online portal of Himachal Pradesh University. Direct admission will be offered for HPU PhD courses without any conduction of an entrance exam. Having approx 55% marks in a master’s degree can make you eligible for Ph.D. admission. The fee of the application form may vary as per the subject chosen in the doctoral course.
HP University Application Form 2023
The application form is easily available online and further procedures will be done online besides, for accurate details about admission read the guidelines carefully below at the official website www.hpuniv.ac.in portal.
- The students have to visit the Himachal Pradesh University website first.
- Move to the admission tab then tick at online application form 2023.
- Then fill up the application form properly with the necessary details.
- Upload all the needed documents on the form with passport-size photographs and the student’s signature on the white blank paper sheet.
- After clicking a photo of the signature and upload then click on submit after completing the payment.
- The application form fee payment can submit through online, net banking, credit/debit card, or UPI.
- Applicants are suggested to fill out their exact original details because the correction window might not be open this time.
Himachal Pradesh University Entrance Exam 2023
Himachal Pradesh University Admission started the registration for the (HPU MAT 2023) entrance exam www.admissions.hpushimla.in. The last date to apply for HPU Entrance Exam 2023 is 10 May 2023. The date of HPU MAT 2023 is 24 May 2023.
The University conducts entrance for BEd, MEd, LLM & more course admission. There are limited seats for each professional program, so the process of seat allotment is completely based on an entrance test score.
To get into Himachal Pradesh University Admission, one must first register for HPU Entrance Exam on the official portal www.hpuniv.ac.in.
Himachal Pradesh University Course Admissions
|Advanced Post Graduate Diploma in Computer Application (APGDCA)||1 Year|
|B.A. (Arabic)||3 Years|
|B.A. (Computer Applications)||3 Years|
|B.A. (Drawing and Painting)||3 Years|
|B.A. (Economics)||3 Years|
|B.A. (Education)||3 Years|
|B.A. (English Literature)||3 Years|
|B.A. (English)||3 Years|
|B.A. (Fashion Designing)||3 Years|
|B.A. (Foreign Trade and Practice)||3 Years|
|B.A. (Geography)||3 Years|
|B.A. (Hindi Literature)||3 Years|
|B.A. (Hindi)||3 Years|
|B.A. (History)||3 Years|
|B.A. (Home Science)||3 Years|
|B.A. (Mathematics)||3 Years|
|B.A. (Military Studies)||3 Years|
|B.A. (Music Vocal)||3 Years|
|B.A. (Office Management)||3 Years|
|B.A. (Persian)||3 Years|
|B.A. (Philosophy)||3 Years|
|B.A. (Physical Education)||3 Years|
|B.A. (Political Science)||3 Years|
|B.A. (Psychology)||3 Years|
|B.A. (Sanskrit)||3 Years|
|B.A. (Sociology)||3 Years|
|B.A. (Statistics)||3 Years|
|B.A. (Tourism and Hotel Management)||3 Years|
|B.A. (Travel and Tourism Management)||3 Years|
|B.A. (Urdu)||3 Years|
|B.Com. (Hons.)||3 Years|
|B.Ed. (Special Education)||1 Year|
|B.Sc. (Agriculture)||4 Years|
|B.Sc. (Biotechnology)||3 Years|
|B.Sc. (Botany)||3 Years|
|B.Sc. (Chemistry)||3 Years|
|B.Sc. (Computer Applications)||3 Years|
|B.Sc. (Computer Science)||3 Years|
|B.Sc. (Economics)||3 Years|
|B.Sc. (Environmental Science)||3 Years|
|B.Sc. (Geography)||3 Years|
|B.Sc. (Home Science)||3 Years|
|B.Sc. (Industrial Chemistry)||3 Years|
|B.Sc. (Industrial Microbiology)||3 Years|
|B.Sc. (Mathematics)||3 Years|
|B.Sc. (Microbiology)||3 Years|
|B.Sc. (Military Science)||3 Years|
|B.Sc. (Physics)||3 Years|
|B.Sc. (Sports Science and Physiology)||3 Years|
|B.Sc. (Statistics)||3 Years|
|B.Sc. (Zoology)||3 Years|
|B.Tech. (Chemical Engineering)||4 Years|
|B.Tech. (Computer and Information Science)||3 Years|
|B.Tech. (Electrical Engineering)||4 Years|
|B.Tech. (Electronics & Communication Engineering)||4 Years|
|B.Tech. (Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering)||4 Years|
|B.Tech. (Mechanical Engineering)||4 Years|
|Bachelor of Library and Information Science (B.Lib.I.Sc.)||1 Year|
|Certificate Course In Tourism and Hotel Management||1 Year|
|Diploma Course in Yoga Education||1 Year|
|Diploma in Computer Application (DCA)||1 Year|
|Diploma in Fashion Design||1 Year|
|Diploma in Interior Design||1 Year|
|Diploma in Modern Office Management||3 Years|
|Diploma in Photography||1 Year|
|Diploma in Television & Video Production||6 Months|
|Diploma in Textile Design||1 Year|
|Diploma in Tourism Studies||1 Year|
|M.A. (Drawing and Painting)||2 Years|
|M.A. (Economics)||2 Years|
|M.A. (English)||2 Years|
|M.A. (Geography)||2 Years|
|M.A. (Hindi)||2 Years|
|M.A. (History)||2 Years|
|M.A. (Home Science)||2 Years|
|M.A. (Mathematics)||2 Years|
|M.A. (Music)||2 Years|
|M.A. (Persian)||2 Years|
|M.A. (Philosophy)||2 Years|
|M.A. (Political Science)||2 Years|
|M.A. (Psychology)||2 Years|
|M.A. (Sanskrit)||2 Years|
|M.A. (Social Work)||2 Years|
|M.A. (Sociology)||2 Years|
|M.A. (Statistics)||2 Years|
|M.A. (Urdu)||2 Years|
|M.B.A. (Marketing)||2 Years|
|M.Pharm. (Pharmaceutics)||2 Years|
|M.Pharm. (Pharmacology)||2 Years|
|M.Phil. (Analytical & Applied Economics)||2 Years|
|M.Phil. (Ancient Indian History Culture & Archaeology)||2 Years|
|M.Sc. (Agronomy)||2 Years|
|M.Sc. (Applied Chemistry)||2 Years|
|M.Sc. (Applied Mathematics)||2 Years|
|M.Sc. (Applied Physics)||2 Years|
|M.Sc. (Botany)||2 Years|
|M.Sc. (Chemistry)||2 Years|
|M.Sc. (Environmental Science)||2 Years|
|M.Sc. (Mathematics)||2 Years|
|M.Sc. (Military Science)||2 Years|
|M.Sc. (Physics)||2 Years|
|M.Sc. (Statistics)||2 Years|
|M.Sc. (Zoology)||2 Years|
|Master of Rural Management (MRM)||2 Years|
|P.G. Diploma in Yoga Education (D.Y.Ed.)||1 Year|
|PG Diploma in Microbiology||1 Year|
|PGDCP – Post Graduate Diploma in Computer Programming||1 Year|
|PGDJMC – Post Graduate Diploma in Journalism and Mass Communication||1 Year|
|Post Graduate Diploma in Clinical Pathology||1 Year|
|Post Graduate Diploma in Computer Applications (P.G.D.C.A.)||1 Year|
|Post Graduate Diploma in Entrepreneurship Development||1 Year|
|Post Graduate Diploma in Environmental Management (PGDEM)||2 Years|
|Post Graduate Diploma in Fashion Designing||2 Years|
|Post Graduate Diploma in Travel & Tourism Management||2 Years|
|Post Graduate Diploma in Yoga||2 Years|
|Post Graduate Diploma in Yoga Therapy||18 Months|
Himachal Pradesh University Scholarships
- Negi Utkrisht Chhatervritti Yojna: It is also known as Thakur Sen Negi Utkrisht Chhatervritti Yojna. A total of 100 ST boys and girls who have enrolled for Himachal Pradesh University Admission will benefit from this program. Those candidates received a grade of 72% or more in the 10th grade, as determined by the HP Board of Schools Education. 100 boys and 100 girls from the ST group who received 72% or higher in the 10+2 class are eligible for the scholarship. The scholarship is worth Rs.11,000 per year.
- Dr. Ambedkar’s Medhavi Chattervriti Yojana: The University awards scholarships to the top 1000 meritorious SC students. The same applies to the top 1000 students. This is done through the results of the HP Board of Schools Education, Dharamshala’s Matriculation Examination. These students are studying at an approved institution outside the state. It is important to note that renewal in the 10+1 Class / First Year Course will be contingent upon good performance in the 10+2 Class / 2nd Year. The scholarship is worth Rs10,000 annually.
Distinct Features of Himachal Pradesh University
- Fair and creditable semester system of examinations
- Special assistance departments of History, Physics, Bio-Technology, Chemistry, Bio-Sciences
- Academic Staff College is one of the best in India
- Commendable performance in sports and cultural activities at the national level.
- Congenial environment for higher studies
- A substantial number of students qualify for NET, GATE, and other competitive examinations every year.
- Accredited by National Assessment & Accreditation Council (NAAC)
- UGC recognized Centre for Excellence in Himalayan Studies
- Pioneered NRI (Self Financing) Scheme
- First to start Distance Education in the country
- Intellectually and Professionally enriched faculty
- HPU Alumni Excelled in All Spheres
- Linkages with national and international institutions
- The culture of holding seminars, workshops, conferences, symposia, etc.
- National-level achievements in NCC, NSS, and youth welfare programs.
- Free education to girl students.
- One seat is reserved in each department for a single girl child.
Himachal Pradesh University Affiliated Colleges List
- Govt. College Chowari, Distt. Chamba
- WRS Govt. College Dehri, Distt. Kangra
- Govt. College, Dharampur, Mandi
- Govt. College, Dhaliara, Distt. Kangra
- Govt. College Dharamshala, Distt. Kangra
- Swami Vivekanand Govt. Degree College, Distt. Bilaspur
- Govt. College, Hamirpur
Himachal Pradesh University Contact Details:
- Address: Summer Hill, Shimla, Himachal Pradesh 171005
- Email ID: email@example.com
- Phone: 0177 283 3555
- HPU Official Website: https://hpuniv.ac.in
- Central University of Himachal Pradesh
- Dr. Y.S.Parmar University of Horticulture & Forestry
- DU SOL (Delhi University Distance Education)
Note: All the fees & dates listed above for Himachal Pradesh University Admission are tentative. Please visit the university’s official website to verify.
Be the first to leave a review.