Netaji Subhas Open University Admission 2024: Netaji Subhas Open University is one of the higher institutes of West Bengal. Its admissions season 2024 for Undergraduate, Postgraduate, Diploma, and Certificate courses is starting from July 2024.
NSOU Admission 2024 Highlights
|University Name||Netaji Subhash Open University|
|Mode of Education||Distance Education|
|Courses Offered||UG, PG, Certificate, Diploma, PG Diploma programs|
|Popular Courses||B.A, M.A, B.Sc, M.Sc, B.Com, M.Com, and more|
|Mode of Admission||Online|
|Placement||Amul, TATA Group, Concentrix, TCS, and more|
|University Type||State Open University|
|Admission Eligibility UG Course||10+2 with 50% marks from recognized educational board|
|Admission Eligibility PG Course||Bachelor’s Degree with 50% marks from recognized university|
NSOU has various approvals, including UGC. It has 500+ affiliated colleges/study centres across India. It also has one campus. The total courses offered at this university are around 250+ at different levels. The top courses at this institute are BA, BCA, and BLib.Sc, B.Ed, MCA, MBA, M.Lib.Sc and M.Ed.
NSOU Courses Admissions 2024
- BCA Eligibility: Admissions to BCA at NSOU are merit-based. The minimum requirements for applying to this program are having a 10+2 education with 50% marks and PCM subjects. The application form fee for season 2024 will be INR 450.
- B.Ed Eligibility: A bachelor’s degree in any stream with 50% marks is the minimum eligibility criteria. Selections for this program are merit-based.
- BA (Political Science) Eligibility: The enrollments in this program will be merit-based. The candidates for this BA program must have at least a 10+2 education with a 45% marks score.
- MCA Eligibility: To get admission to this master’s program of NSOU, applicants must have a UG degree in Computer Science or equivalent, i.e. BCA, BSc IT, BSc CS, etc. Admissions will be granted on the basis of the entrance exam conducted by the university.
- M.Ed Eligibility: This master’s degree in Education at NSOU requires a Bachelor’s degree in education, such as Bed. The applicants will be screened on the basis of an entrance exam basis.
Netaji Subhas Open University Admission 2024
The applicants can register by visiting the Netaji Subhash Open University official website @wbnsou.ac.in. Admission to NSOU Short-Term courses is based on 10th, 12th, and Graduation degrees, applicants have these degrees to pursue NSOU Short-Term courses in the 2024 session.
Students can also apply for various UG & PG courses like BA, BCom, MA, MCom, BSc, BBA, and many more at the university’s official website. It also offers admission for Certificate, PG, Diploma, and PG courses.
Students must make sure they fulfill the eligibility criteria before applying. The university is famous for providing courses through distance learning, and the university specializes in the Science, Commerce, and Arts fields.
The admission process for PG Diploma and Certificate courses is offline. Students interested in enrolling in these courses must visit the NSOU regional or study centers to complete their applications.
The Application fee for the programs for each program is Rs 275. Netaji Subhas Open University is accepting students’ applications for the UG courses that have an intermediate degree in the relevant disciplines. Some of the popular courses are BA, BSW, BCom, BSc, and BLib. The admission forms for UG courses are submitted online on the official university site www.wbnsou.ac.in.
NSOU UG Admission 2024
Registration for UG courses will begin for the academic year 2024 session in the Netaji Subhas Open University on July, 2024. The final date for the registration of admission for UGC and DEB-approved undergraduate courses will be August 08, 2024 (tentative).
Prospective individuals can seek a variety of undergraduate courses in the humanities, social sciences, sciences, and professional studies. The most desired undergraduate courses with their fees, eligibility requirements, and necessary details are available in the segments below.
- Bachelor of Science (BSc) in Mathematics: The best way to gain admission into an undergraduate science degree program in mathematics at NSOU is pretty simple. Interested individuals should pass the 10+2 examination with physics and mathematics from a recognized board with a score of 50%. The amount to be paid for the BSc degree program in mathematics is INR 4,600.
- Bachelor of Arts (BA) in Sociology: A Sociology undergraduate degree program with a duration of 3 years is recommended for students who wish to pursue sociology as their main subject for their academic upbringing and careers. The minimum fee for the BA Sociology undergraduate degree program is INR 3,33O. The eligibility criteria for seeking entry to this exceptional degree program in sociology is merely 12th or 10+2 with vocational courses.
- Bachelor of Arts (BA) in Economics: A Bachelor of Arts in Economics is one of the most applied programs at the Netaji Subhash Open University (NSOU), The course elevates the learning of admitted students in the field of economics with an emphasis on theory and practice-oriented education. A bachelor’s degree in economics is highly recommended for high school graduates or 12th graders. The total one-year fee for the BA in Economics is INR 3,775 at the Netaji Subhash Open University.
NSOU B.Ed Admission 2024
This university offers an online mode to submit the application form. Netaji Subhas Open University B.Ed program is open to students from various fields, including those with a bachelor’s degree in engineering. Admissions to NSOU will be based on merit lists created in different rounds.
NSOU PG Admission 2024
The 2024 session of admission at NSOU will start for several persuasive postgraduate programs. Candidates who are interested towards the PG level programs can turn in online applications until February, 2024 (tentative). Postgraduate programs in the upcoming session will be offered for admission online.
If you are someone who wishes to apply for any of the following programs, including MA in Bengali, MA in English, MA in Language Teaching, MA in History, MA in Political Science, MA in Public Administration, or others, you need to pass the minimum basic requirement. Proper eligibility criteria, fee structure, and more information course-by-course are available in the pointers that follow.
- Master of Arts (MA) in English Language Teaching: The MA degree program in English Language has a complete duration of two years. Anyone with an undergraduate degree in English or related subjects can opt for this higher language, linguistics, and teaching program. The PG degree program in English Language Technology fee is INR 4,275 per year.
- Master of Arts (MA) in Journalism and Mass Communication: The two-year PG degree of MA in Journalism and Mass Communication requires a fee of INR 13,475. A graduate degree in BA in JMC or BJMC is ideal for admission to an MA degree in Journalism and Mass Communication at NSOU.
- Master of Arts (MA) in Education: The PG degree program in Education is available with a 2-year duration. The course can be applied by individuals if they secure a BEd, BEd Special Education or similar level degree from an approved institution/university. The fee for the MA in Education postgraduate degree program at the university is INR 4,275.
NSOU PhD Admission
The University provides various regular PhD courses in numerous areas of study. The eligibility criteria for NSOU PhD is having a master’s degree in relevant disciplines. Selection will be done through UGC NET, CSIR NET, GATE, CEED & more scorecards, also the University accepts the score of NSOU RET. The application form fee for NSOU PhD courses is Rs 2000.
NSOU PG Diploma Courses Admission
Several PG diploma courses are being offered by the NSOU. The duration of the course varies from 1 year to 2 years. One who wants to pursue a PG diploma should have a UG degree from any UGC-approved university. Below in the article, a list of NSOU PG Diploma Courses is mentioned.
Apart from the PG diploma, Some Advanced Diploma is also offered by NSOU.
- Advanced Diploma in English Language Teaching
- Advanced Diploma in Public Relations and Advertising
- Advanced Diploma in Journalism & Mass Communications
NSOU Application Form 2024
Applicants can apply at www.wbnsou.ac.in. Netaji Subhas Open University (NSOU) offers distance and online courses, and the admission process is online on the university’s official website. The university offers distance courses at UG, diploma, PG, and certificate levels.
Students for the NSOU admission 2024 procedure need to read out all the necessary instructions required for the academic selection. The mode of filling out the form is online for the registration process.
Interested students have first to register themselves using this link. Register using your First Name, Date of Birth, Last Name, Mobile Number, and email ID, and select your course category. Before submitting, cross-check if you have entered the correct data.
- NSOU Application Form Fee: The registration fee of Netaji Subhas Open University is INR 500/- for all categories. There is no relaxation or deduction for students who belong to any creamy layer. Above mentioned, topics are well.
- PhD Admission will be based on the Netaji Subhas Open University Research Entrance Test (NSOU-RET). Those students who have a 55% score in PG degree are eligible for the NSOU Ph.D. course.
How To Apply for NSOU Online Admission?
For UG & PG Programs
- For the registrations visit the official website of the University
- You can select a study stream, subject, study center, and district.
- Complete the eligibility criteria & fill out the form.
- Please login with your Application Number and Date of Birth and upload your photo, and signature, along with all required documents.
- All the details should be inserted correctly for the academic selection without any errors in the form.
- As soon as your documents are uploaded, they will be verified by the University.
- Depending on the status of your verification, you can proceed to pay.
- The course fee must be paid after successful document verification.
For Certificate and PG Diploma Programs
NSOU offer both online and offline mode for application submission to UG and PG course admission. The following steps are mentioned below,
- Candidates can visit the official website of NSOU online admission or visit the NSOU center
- Before applying, check the eligibility criteria.
- Draw a Demand Draft in favour of Netaji Subhas Open University, and it must be paid at Kolkata.
- The NSOU Admission application fee is INR 900.
- Submit the relevant documents and one passport-size photo.
- Before submitting the Demand draft, write your name and mobile number on the backside.
- Receive the Application for Student Enrollment Form after submitting the Demand Draft.
- Fill out the NSOU Admission form.
- Attach copies of relevant documents and passport-size photos.
- Collect the Candidates Enrollment Certificate.
NSOU Admission will not consider an application if documents are not submitted. Applicants are required to submit application forms online during their application process. Below is the list of documents required.
- Passport size photo
- Graduation final mark Sheet
- Proof of payment
- Disability certificate issued by the Competent Authority
Note: The documents must be in jpg format, and they should not exceed the sizes mentioned. Uploading illegible or wrong documents will lead to the cancellation of the application form.
Netaji Subhas Open University (NSOU) every year requires assignments for bachelor/master’s degrees, diplomas, certificates, and postgraduate diploma programs from enrolled students. Assignment submission is mandatory for students, and without submitting them to the allotted study centers, candidates are not eligible to appear in the term-end examinations.
The assignment also plays a huge role in determining whether students pass their semester/year or not. Both term-end examinations and assignment marks are jointly worked on in the process. The weightage of assignment marks is 20% out of the overall percentage given in the particular course.
Netaji Subash Open University (NSOU) is currently busy accepting assignments for the June term-end examinations-2024. The last date will soon be disclosed on the official website.
Steps for Online NSOU Assignment Marks Submission
- The study centre will be open for the assignment submitting marks.
- The NSOU Admission counsellor department will distribute the password to the study centre to submit logging for the PG assignment marks.
- The study centre has to select the name and put in the password.
- On the next page, the screen will open for the OTP, based on the Co-ordinator’s mobile number; the OTP registration entered the full name of the co-ordinate and mobile number.
- By clicking the Get OTP button, the OTP is sent on the co-ordinate mobile number.
- Enter the OTP number and click on the submit button.
- On the screen, a new page will open after OTP verification.
- Students have to click “Allocate marks” and select the subjects for the paper in the order list.
- Select the paper under the subject, then click on the submit button.
- Before the final submission, save the marks by clicking the save button.
- Be carefully using the “Submit button” because it can not be edited.
- Take printouts for the NSOU Admission form submission.
NSOU Course Admissions
|B.Com||Bachelor in Commerce|
|English Language Teaching|
|M.Com||Master of Commerce|
|MSW||Master of Social Work|
|MLIS||Master of Library and Information Science|
|Certificate||Tailoring & Dress Designing (Basic)|
|Tailoring & Dress Designing (Advance)|
|English for Communication|
|Manabi -Vidya- Amra Pari (Women Program)|
|Organic Agriculture and Horticulture|
|Diploma||Safety Skills & Security Management|
|Pre-Primary Teachers’ Education-Montessori|
|Entrepreneurship Dev. & Small Business Management|
|DTP & Networking|
|PG Diploma||Export-Import Management|
|Hospital Front Office Management|
|Apparel Designing & Fashion Technology|
|Needle Work & Knitting|
|Modern Office Management|
|Journalism & Mass Communication|
|English Language Teaching|
|Public Relation and Advertising|
|Disaster Risk Management|
|Travel & Tourism|
|e-Accounting & Financial Management|
|Sports & Competitive Yoga|
|Tailoring & Dress Designing|
|Values, Ethics & Leadership|
NSOU Exam Form 2024
Students in the NSOU Examination Form are required to enter the subject or subjects for which they are to appear in the examination.
It is also mandatory to select the examination center from the drop-down list and pay an examination form fee of 100 Indian rupees per paper. Students can deposit the examination fee by using a credit card, debit card, UPI, net banking, or any other online payment option.
Netaji Subhas Open University Admit Card 2024
To appear in the NSOU TEE examination, downloading an admit card is mandatory. By visiting the Netaji Subhas Open University website link @www.wbnsou.ac.in. Students can download NSOU admit cards easily; one can also obtain admit cards from the university admission centre. Students are suggested that they bring their valid admit cards. Along with one ID proof, because no one student is allowed to enter the examination hall without a valid NSOU admit card.
How to download NSOU Admit Card?
- Students must have to move on the Netaji Subhas Open University website link.
- On the menu bar, move on to the admit card link. Then click on the “Download admit card” link.
- Choose the program name and then enter the college code and password.
- Click on the download button (Students are suggested, before clicking on the download button check all entered details be careful).
- Admit card page will be open on the computer screen, save and download it (for carrying examination time).
Netaji Subhas Open University has officially released semester exam results for various programs. Courses including BA, BSc, BCom, BDP, BPP, BCA, B.Ed ODL, etc results have been out now. Candidates enrolled in the above programs and given semester exams can check their results after submitting their details like Roll Number, Year of Study, etc.
How To Check NSOU Results?
Checking NSOU results is not too difficult. If students will follow the below steps will get NSOU Result.
- Check out the NSOU website which is www.wbnsou.ac.in.
- After that institute’s homepage will be displayed.
- Click on the “Students Zone” link on the homepage.
- In SZ select the exams tab.
- Opening of Examination tab will provide you with the link for the results page.
- Once the result page of NSOU appears. Select the respective program result link.
- Submit your year of Study and Roll Number details.
- NSOU result will appear. Now it can be also downloadable in pdf format.
About Netaji Subhas Open University
It is well known that the Netaji Subhas Open University is a very well-known educational institution that offers undergraduate and postgraduate courses. Registration for the postgraduate programme has now closed. Even so, students who wish to participate in the Blending Vocational Education and Training Programs may still do so.
If students want any kind of guidance, they can talk to us and share their queries, and we can get back to them with accurate answers.
For the course like B.Spl.Ed. Students need to go through the entrance examination that the university conducts. For BIM and MBA programs, students should display CEE score. For the M.Tech program, students need to clear the gate entrance test. Also, for the ongoing admission procedure, students should check all required details of the admission procedure. The admission cycle starts in June each year.
Schools Of Netaji Subhas Open University
School of Humanities
The School of Humanities is one of the latest units at Netaji Subhas Open University, culled out of the erstwhile School of Humanities and Social Sciences on 5th June 2015 vide Memo No. Reg/1010 which is a follow-up to clause 15. of Netaji Subhas Open University 1st Statute Revised 2014.
School of Social Science
Conventionally, the social sciences are understood to be those theoretical fields of study that employ a technical method to explore social phenomenon. Social Sciences at Netaji Subhas Open University break from this narrow custom to provide students with a broadminded, innovative, and truly interdisciplinary learning environment.
School of Science
The School of Science is a very active and dynamic organ of the University. It does not waver to shoulder errands imposed on it. Within the limited sources it never negotiations with the superiority of teaching and accepts modern technology to transfer the same to the students.
School of Vocational Studies
The popularity of Open and Distance Learning is steadily rising due to its lightness and learner-friendliness, particularly among those who cannot attend formal education. In addition to conformist courses, Netaji Subhas Open University offers professional and non-conventional courses as alternatives to the formal education system.
School of Professional Studies
The School of Professional Studies (SPS) ‘s founding reflects a holistic and practical approach to the University toward professional education in the modern era. The School has been given the accountability of conducting courses on Commerce & Organization, Social Work, and Library & Information Science.
Placement cell: NSOU (Netaji Subhas Open University has a placement facilitation service. The placement is a service offered to the students for Netaji Subhas Open University school of vocational studies, a candidate to upload their resumes. Employers see the results on the same platform. The platform does not offer any direct recruitment fluctuation; this is a good course visit notice through the top companies and employers.
Top recruiters companies:
- Tata Motors
Netaji Subhas Open University Departments
- Department of Mathematics.
- Department of Economics.
- Department of Political Science.
- Department of Public Administration.
- Department of Sociology.
- Department of Botany.
- Department of Bengali.
- Department of English.
- Department of History.
- Department Zoology.
- Department of Geography.
- Department of Physics.
- Department of Chemistry.
NSOU Contact Details:
- Address: DD-26, Sector-I, Salt Lake City, Kolkata – 700 064.
- Contact No.: 033 4066 3220
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Indian Association for the Cultivation of Science (IACS)
- Jadavpur University
- Rabindra Bharati University
Note: All the fees & dates listed above are tentative. Please visit the NSOU official website to verify.
Be the first to leave a review.