Osmania University Admission 2024: Osmania University is located in Hyderabad, Telangana. This university will begin the application process for various courses from 11 April 2024. On 10 May 2024, the application process will be closed. Similarly, PG admissions will begin on 18 April 2024 and close on 17 May 2024.
Approving authorities like AICTE, NCTE, and UGC have recognized the university. It has almost 1500 faculty staff a several affiliated colleges. There are various courses offered here that include BBA, BA, BCA, BSc, LLB, and B.Com at the UG level. The PG courses include MA, MCA, M.Com, MSc, and MBA. For each degree program, the registration fee is INR 500.
Students who enroll in this university can start to take admissions, and while completing admission steps, students are required to go through the article. If they have any difficulty, they can contact us and discuss the query with us to give them proper guidance.
- The UG programs are on a merit basis, but some programs like BFA, B.Sc, B.Ed, LLB, BE, and B.Tech require students to clear the entrance test that the university sets up.
- For the PG programs, students must complete their graduation degree, and the programs like- MA, MCJ, MCA, M.Tech, MHM, M.Sc, MFC, MBA, MPhil, and PhD the entrance test is much for the students to clear.
- Entrance Test: Entrance Exams like- ICET, GATE, and EAMCET are required to clear.
- Application Fees:- The fee for the general category or open category is INR 500/- and for the reserved category, the fee is INR 375.
- Students must have their Previous UG degree with 55% marks.
Osmania University Courses Admission 2024
- BCA Eligibility: Students will be selected for the course based on merit. Its criteria require each candidate to accomplish 10+2 from a recognized institute with a 50% score.
- LLB Eligibility: From a recognized institute, the candidate must have completed 10+2 in 50%. Their score in the CLAT exam will be a major factor in the selection process.
- B.Ed Eligibility: Candidates have to pass the TS EdCET exam. Their score in the last exam for a bachelor’s degree must be 50%.
- MCA Eligibility: At least a bachelor’s degree such as BCA or relevant is required. NIMCET score will be considered in the selection criteria along with the 50% academic score.
- M.Com Eligibility: The selection of candidates in M.Com is based on OUCET score. Such candidates must have at least a B.Com degree from a recognized university. The last exam score must be more than 50%.
Note: Admission process of Osmania University is now closed for session 2023, 12 October 2023 is the last date to apply. Source
Osmania University Admission 2024 Highlights
|University Name||Osmania University|
|Type of University||State University|
|Offered UG Courses||B.A./B.A. (Hons)/B.A. (Vocational), B.Com./B.Com. (Vocational)/B.Sc./B.B.A./B.C.A./B.S.W./B.F.A|
|Offered PG Courses||M.A./M.Com/ M.Sc/M.S.W/M.C.A./M.B.A/M. Li. Sc./M.Ed/M. P. Ed./M. Pharm./M.C.J./M.F.C.|
|Other Courses||M.E.- Civil Engineering/L.L.M./M. Tech/Ph.D/|
|Address||Osmania University Main Rd, Osmania University, Amberpet, Hyderabad, Telangana 500007|
Osmania University Admission 2024
The candidates need to visit the official website to enroll in the desired subject. Osmania University conducts an online admission process that will be entirely dependent on merit selections. Only the previous qualification is taken into consideration, except for any entrance exam. In order to submit the online applications, it is necessary to visit the official webpage of this University.
Osmania University ODL has also started a number of distance courses. There are many UG and PG courses that are taught in distance mode to facilitate students from all over the country.
- Distance admissions are going to be offered for undergraduate courses such as B.Com, BBA, and BA. Other courses that are offered at the PG level are M.Com, MA, MSc, MCA, and MBA.
- No entrance exam is required for undergraduate courses at Osmania University admissions, which are based on merit.
- In all PG courses, admission will be based on previous degree marks earned by candidates at the graduation level. A valid score from the AP ICET or TS ICET will be required for admission to the MBA, independent of all other courses.
- There is a fee of around 500 rupees to be submitted with the application.
Osmania University UG Admission 2024
Osmania University Admission for UG courses is based on merit as well as entrance examinations. Students have a variety of courses as BA, BFA, BJMC, BSW, B.Com, BSc, B.Ed, B.PEd, BE, B.Tech, BCA, and LLB. The courses offered at Osmania University have a variety of subjects and specializations for applicants to choose from.
A student must have completed the 10th and 12th classes in a relevant field in order to be considered for UG admission.
BA: Bachelor of Arts is a Ug level which can be opt after 12th with any science/ commerce/ Arts streams at Osmania University. The minimum duration is 2 years and can be extended to 4 years.
BSc: Students need pass 12th standard with PCM or equivalent with 50 percent marks in the central or state board examination. Selection process for the BSc admission may done based on merit and entrance exam.
BTech: In order to apply for Osmania University Admission, students need to clear qualifying exam. To become eligible for BTech programm 10+2 is must with 50 percent score.
Osmania University PG Admission 2024
The aspirants can register through the official site before the deadline of admission. Students can apply for various courses including M.A., M.Sc., M.Com., MCJ, M.Lib.Sc., M.Ed., M.P.Ed., etc. There are a variety of PG programs offered at Osmania University in the fields of arts, education law, social science, engineering, science, and law. An entrance exam-based admission determines OU admission for postgraduate courses.
For consideration for Osmania University PG admission, students must have completed their UG studies from a well-known institute approved by the UGC. Osmania University will consider applicants’ CPGET scores when considering admission to its PG programs.
- MSW: The last degree of applicants should be BSW or equivalent and the last exam should have been cleared with an average of 50% to be considered for Osmania University Admission.
- M.P.Ed: Eligibility is B.P.Ed degree with a score of 50% and the entrance exam score.
- MSc: Osmania University offers MSc programme at the PG level, for students who completed their graduation (BSc) in mathematics and science with a minimum 50 % marks are eligible for admission. Candidates need to qualify CPGET entrance test in order to get enrolled.
- MCom: Students have to complete their bachelor’s degree course from a recognized university with at least a 50 percent score.
Osmania University MBA Admission
This 2-year management course is available for all the students who have completed their graduation in relevant discipline with 55% marks. At Osmania University, there are numerous MBA specializations available for students including Technology Management, Part-time. The final selection will be done based on the scorecard of TS ICET 2024 for MBA course admission.
Osmania University B.Tech Admission
- Engineering degrees like B.Tech and BE are available at Osmania University Admission 2024. Bachelor of Technology is a 4 years degree programme with a variety of specializations.
- Passing the 12th board exam with a science stream from any recognized school board is the minimum requirement for admission to this programme.
- In addition, candidates must perform well in the Telangana State-Engineering Agricultural and Medical Common Entrance Test. The seat will be allotted after counselling rounds and interviews.
Osmania University PhD Admission
Osmania University provides PhD Admission through the entrance test 2024. Aspirants who have passed a Master’s degree or equivalent in the concerned subject with a minimum of 55% marks are eligible to apply for Osmania’s PhD program. University gives 5% relaxation for SC/ST/BC/PWD candidates.
Instructions for OU Admissions
- Osmania University Admission will be granted upon the Entrance test.
- The applicant’s eligibility shall be verified at the time of admission; hence clearing entrance does not guarantee the seat.
- Hall tickets, rank cards, entrance test results, and other information will be updated on the OU portal only.
- The entrance test syllabus shall be made available on the official website.
- Shortlisted will require to appear in the web-based counseling.
- Keep ready scanned documents such as the latest passport-size photograph, signature, caste certificate, and aadhar number.
- These scanned copies are mandate to be uploaded over the Osmania University online application portal.
- Before submitting the online application form of OU, ensure the given details are correct.
- Collect the printout of the filled OU application form
Osmania University Application Form 2024
The application fee of Osmania University differs in the following manner; INR 500, INR 800, and INR 1000. Applicants may pay the respected program fee online at the Osmania University portal.
At Osmania University, the directorate of Admissions is in charge of the admissions process, which supports and facilitates students in securing seats during their selection process. Interested candidates must first register on the OU website with a valid email address. Once the candidate registers successfully, they will receive a registration ID. This ID will be used to log in.
How To Apply For Osmania University Admission?
- Step 1: Visit the OU online application portal to start Osmania University Admission.
- Step 2: Press the “Application Fee Payment” button.
- Step 3: Fill in all the mandatory details, and select “Payment Mode”.
- Step 4: Make a deposit, and wait till the “success” button appears.
- Step 5: Click on the “Fill application form” and enter the payment reference ID.
- Step 6: Add mobile number, date of birth, subject code, and subject name in the following section.
- Step 7: There are sections to be filled in the OU such as Candidates, Category, and address details.
- Step 8: The next section holds the qualifying examination (Complete the same grade correctly).
- Step 9: Mark your Osmania University regional centre.
- Step 10: Visit the photo & signature document upload segment.
- Step 11: Photo and signature should be in colour with a maximum size of 50 kb (Jpeg/jpg).
- Step 12: Press the “Preview or submit” button.
- Step 13: Modify if necessary.
- Step 14: By clicking on the “Confirm/Freeze” button, you will be sharing an application number.
- Step 15: Print the application form and download the OU receipt.
Osmania University Entrance Exam
Osmania University Entrance Exam is conducted for postgraduate admissions. This University conducts Osmania University Common Entrance Test (OUCET) which is also known as Common Postgraduate Entrance Test (CPGET) for Osmania University Admission in different PG courses. The courses offered via this entrance exam are M.P.Ed., M.Ed., MSW, MLIS, BLIS, MCJ, M.Com, MSc, and MA. The application mode for CGPET will be online. These applications will be submitted through the online OU webpage for which the link is https://www.osmania.ac.in available every time.
To grant admission in its various courses belonging to a variety of streams, Osmania University administers or accepts the marks of the following entrance examinations.
- Osmania University Common Entrance Test or OUCET is an admission test held by the university for BSc, BA, MSc, MBA, etc. programs.
- Telangana State Education Common Entrance Test (TS EDCET) is a state-level examination administered by Osmania University after the approval of the Telangana State Council of Higher Education (TSCHE). It is conducted for BEd program admission.
- TS LAWCET OR Telangana State Law Common Entrance Test determines the admission to LLB and LLM programs.
Telangana State Integrated Common Entrance Test (TS ICET) is an examination conducted for permitting entry to MCA and MBA programs.
Osmania University Student Login
Students enrolled in the UG and PG programs can access the Osmania University website & apply online for examinations. On the official website of Osmania University, you can now register for upcoming semester exams in 2024.
It will be possible to fill out the examination forms on the website of Osmania University. Students can obtain all their certificates at the same time through this one-time registration process.
On the official website, students can download their admit cards also. Once the details are registered, the username and password will be emailed to the registered email address. Select the college of your choice to log in.
Osmania University Admission accepts applications and registration fees on its official website. This page contains all the details about Osmania University’s student login, and for more information, students can check out the institute’s website.
Osmania University Result
Osmania University is releasing odd semester results for UG/PG programs soon. Candidates who have given 1st, 3rd, and 5th, semester exams for B.P.Ed, BBA, B.Com, BSc, B.Com, B.Ed, BHMCT, B.Pharmacy, MBA, LLB, MSc, PhD can check their result online at www.osmania.ac.in. The reassessment results for the semester exams are made public by Osmania University (OU). For students who were dissatisfied with their semester examination results, the reassessment result was made public.
How To Download Osmania University Result?
To check the OU Degree Result Semester Wise and determine if you passed or failed, follow the instructions below.
- Visit the Osmania University website at @osmania.ac.in using a computer or a mobile device.
- Osmania University’s homepage will appear. Check for the results link on the Homepage.
- A new result page will open. Submit your admit card number.
- OU Result will be on screen. You can download that result for future reference.
Osmania University Course Admissions
|Advanced Diploma in French||1 Year|
|Advanced Diploma in German||1 Year|
|B.A. (Arabic)||3 Years|
|B.A. (Culinary Arts)||3 Years|
|B.A. (Economics)||3 Years|
|B.A. (Fine Arts)||3 Years|
|B.A. (Hindi)||3 Years|
|B.A. (History)||3 Years|
|B.A. (Marathi)||3 Years|
|B.A. (Philosophy)||3 Years|
|B.A. (Political Science)||3 Years|
|B.A. (Psychology)||3 Years|
|B.A. (Public Administration)||3 Years|
|B.A. (Sanskrit)||3 Years|
|B.A. (Sociology)||3 Years|
|B.A. (Telugu)||3 Years|
|B.A. (Urdu)||3 Years|
|B.A. + L.L.B.||5 Years|
|B.B.A. (Aviation)||3 Years|
|B.Com. (Computer Applications)||3 Years|
|B.Com. (Hons.)||3 Years|
|B.Com. (Tax Procedure and Practice)||3 Years|
|B.E. (Civil Engineering)||4 Years|
|B.E. (Computer Science and Engineering)||4 Years|
|B.E. (Electrical and Electronics Engineering)||4 Years|
|B.E. (Information Technology)||4 Years|
|B.E. (Instrumentation Engineering)||4 Years|
|B.E. (Mechanical Engineering)||4 Years|
|B.E. (Production Engineering)||4 Years|
|B.Ed. (Special Education for Visually Impaired)|
|B.F.A. (Applied Arts)||4 Years|
|B.F.A. (Painting)||3 Years|
|B.F.A. (Photography)||3 Years|
|B.F.A. (Sculpture)||4 Years|
|B.Sc. (Aviation)||3 Years|
|B.Sc. (Biochemistry)||3 Years|
|B.Sc. (Biotechnology)||3 Years|
|B.Sc. (Botany)||3 Years|
|B.Sc. (Chemistry)||3 Years|
|B.Sc. (Electronics)||3 Years|
|B.Sc. (Geography)||3 Years|
|B.Sc. (Mathematics)||3 Years|
|B.Sc. (Microbiology)||3 Years|
|B.Sc. (Physics)||3 Years|
|B.Sc. (Statistics)||3 Years|
|B.Sc. (Zoology)||3 Years|
|B.Tech. (Biotechnology)||4 Years|
|B.Tech. (Chemical Engineering)||4 Years|
|B.Tech. (Food Technology)||4 Years|
|B.Tech. (Textile Technology)||4 Years|
|Bachelor of Hotel Management & Catering Technology – BHMCT||3 Years|
|Bachelor of Library and Information Science (B.Lib.I.Sc.)||1 Year|
|Diploma in Early Childhood Education||1 Year|
|Diploma in French||3 Years|
|Diploma in Modern Arabic||1 Year|
|Diploma in Persian||1 Year|
|Diploma in Proficiency in German||1 Year|
|Diploma in Russian||3 Years|
|L.L.M. (Constitutional Law and Administrative Law)||2 Years|
|L.L.M. (Constitutional Law)||2 Years|
|L.L.M. (Crimes and Torts)||2 Years|
|L.L.M. (Intellectual Property Rights)||2 Years|
|L.L.M. (International Trade and Economic Law)||2 Years|
|L.L.M. (Labour Laws)||2 Years|
|L.L.M. (Mercantile Law)||2 Years|
|M.A. (Arabic)||2 Years|
|M.A. (Economics)||2 Years|
|M.A. (English)||2 Years|
|M.A. (French)||2 Years|
|M.A. (Hindi)||2 Years|
|M.A. (History)||2 Years|
|M.A. (Islamic Studies)||2 Years|
|M.A. (Kannada)||2 Years|
|M.A. (Linguistics)||2 Years|
|M.A. (Marathi)||2 Years|
|M.A. (Persian)||2 Years|
|M.A. (Philosophy)||2 Years|
|M.A. (Political Science)||2 Years|
|M.A. (Psychology)||2 Years|
|M.A. (Public Administration)||2 Years|
|M.A. (Public Personnel Management)||2 Years|
|M.A. (Sanskrit)||2 Years|
|M.A. (Social Work)||2 Years|
|M.A. (Sociology)||2 Years|
|M.A. (Tamil)||2 Years|
|M.A. (Telugu)||2 Years|
|M.A. (Theatre)||2 Years|
|M.A. (Urdu)||2 Years|
|M.A. (Vedic Astrology)||2 Years|
|M.B.A. (Hospital Management)||2 Years|
|M.E. (Civil Engineering)||2 Years|
|M.E. (Communication Engineering)||2 Years|
|M.E. (Computer Science and Engineering)||2 Years|
|M.E. (Digital Systems Engineering)||2 Years|
|M.E. (Electrical Engineering)||2 Years|
|M.E. (Electronics & Communication)||2 Years|
|M.E. (Embedded System and VLSI Design)||2 Years|
|M.E. (Mechanical Engineering)||2 Years|
|M.E. (Microwave & Radar Engineering)||2 Years|
|M.E. (System and Signal Processing)||2 Years|
|M.Ed. (Special Education)||1 Year|
|M.Phil. (Arabic)||2 Years|
|M.Phil. (Clinical Psychology)||2 Years|
|M.Phil. (Defence & Strategic Studies)||2 Years|
|M.Phil. (Economics)||2 Years|
|M.Phil. (English)||2 Years|
|M.Phil. (French / German / Hispanic / Italian Studies)||2 Years|
|M.Phil. (Hindi)||2 Years|
|M.Phil. (History)||2 Years|
|M.Phil. (Library & Information Science)||2 Years|
|M.Phil. (Linguistics)||2 Years|
|M.Phil. (Management)||1 Year|
|M.Phil. (Mathematics)||2 Years|
|M.Phil. (Persian)||2 Years|
|M.Phil. (Philosophy)||2 Years|
|M.Phil. (Political Science)||2 Years|
|M.Phil. (Psychology)||2 Years|
|M.Phil. (Public Administration)||18 Months|
|M.Phil. (Rehabilitation Psychology)||2 Years|
|M.Phil. (Sanskrit)||2 Years|
|M.Phil. (Social Work)||2 Years|
|M.Phil. (Sociology)||2 Years|
|M.Phil. (Statistics)||2 Years|
|M.Phil. (Tamil)||2 Years|
|M.Phil. (Telugu)||2 Years|
|M.Phil. (Urdu)||2 Years|
|M.Sc. (Applied Mathematics)||2 Years|
|M.Sc. (Astronomy)||2 Years|
|M.Sc. (Biochemistry)||2 Years|
|M.Sc. (Biotechnology)||2 Years|
|M.Sc. (Botany)||2 Years|
|M.Sc. (Chemistry)||2 Years|
|M.Sc. (Computer Science)||2 Years|
|M.Sc. (Electronics)||2 Years|
|M.Sc. (Environmental Science)||2 Years|
|M.Sc. (Forensic Sciences)||2 Years|
|M.Sc. (Genetics)||2 Years|
|M.Sc. (Geology)||2 Years|
|M.Sc. (Mathematics)||2 Years|
|M.Sc. (Microbiology)||2 Years|
|M.Sc. (Nutrition and Dietetics)||2 Years|
|M.Sc. (Physics)||2 Years|
|M.Sc. (Statistics)||2 Years|
|M.Sc. (Zoology)||2 Years|
|M.Tech. (Chemical Technology)||2 Years|
|Master of Finance and Control (MFC)||2 Years|
|P.G. Diploma in Early Childhood Education||1 Year|
|Ph.D. (Astronomy)||3 Years|
|Ph.D. (Biochemistry)||3 Years|
|Ph.D. (Botany)||3 Years|
|Ph.D. (Chemistry)||3 Years|
|Ph.D. (Economics)||3 Years|
|Ph.D. (English)||3 Years|
|Ph.D. (Environmental Science)||3 Years|
|Ph.D. (French)||3 Years|
|Ph.D. (Genetics & Plant Breeding)||3 Years|
|Ph.D. (Geology)||3 Years|
|Ph.D. (Hindi)||3 Years|
|Ph.D. (History)||3 Years|
|Ph.D. (Islamic Studies)||3 Years|
|Ph.D. (Kannada)||3 Years|
|Ph.D. (Library & Information Science)||3 Years|
|Ph.D. (Linguistics)||3 Years|
|Ph.D. (Marathi)||3 Years|
|Ph.D. (Mathematics)||3 Years|
|Ph.D. (Microbiology)||3 Years|
|Ph.D. (Persian)||3 Years|
|Ph.D. (Physics)||3 Years|
|Ph.D. (Political Science)||3 Years|
|Ph.D. (Psychology)||3 Years|
|Ph.D. (Public Administration)||3 Years|
|Ph.D. (Sanskrit)||3 Years|
|Ph.D. (Social Work)||2 Years|
|Ph.D. (Sociology)||3 Years|
|Ph.D. (Statistics)||2 Years|
|Ph.D. (Tamil)||5 Years|
|Ph.D. (Telugu)||3 Years|
|Ph.D. (Urdu)||3 Years|
|Ph.D. (Zoology)||3 Years|
|Post Graduate Diploma in Applied Linguistics||1 Year|
|Post Graduate Diploma in Archival Science and Manuscriptology||1 Year|
|Post Graduate Diploma in Bioinformatics (PGDBI)||1 Year|
|Post Graduate Diploma in Business Management||2 Years|
|Post Graduate Diploma in Clinical Psychology||1 Year|
|Post Graduate Diploma in Computer Applications (P.G.D.C.A.)||1 Year|
|Post Graduate Diploma in Counselling Psychology||1 Year|
|Post Graduate Diploma in Culinary Arts||1 Year|
|Post Graduate Diploma in Cyber Law||2 Years|
|Post Graduate Diploma in Cyber Laws & Intellectual Property Rights||1 Year|
|Post Graduate Diploma in Developmental Rehabilitation||1 Year|
|Post Graduate Diploma in Early Intervention||1 Year|
|Post Graduate Diploma in English||1 Year|
|Post Graduate Diploma in Family and Child Psychology||1 Year|
|Post Graduate Diploma in Functional Hindi & Translation||2 Years|
|Post Graduate Diploma in Health Insurance||1 Year|
|Post Graduate Diploma in Hospital Billing||1 Year|
|Post Graduate Diploma in Mathematics Education||1 Year|
|Post Graduate Diploma in Museology and History of Indian Arts||1 Year|
|Post Graduate Diploma in Physician Assistant||1 Year|
|Post Graduate Diploma in Rehabilitation Psychology||1 Year|
|Post Graduate Diploma in Taxation||1 Year|
|Post Graduate Diploma in Taxation Law (PGDTL)||2 Years|
|Post Graduate Diploma in Tele Communications||1 Year|
|Post Graduate Diploma in the Teaching of English (PGDTE)||2 Years|
|Post-M.A. Diploma in Urdu Palaeography||1 Month|
Osmania University Affiliated Colleges List
- Anwar-Ul-Uloom College of Education, Malakpet, Hyderabad
- Shadan College of Education, Khairatabad, Hyderabad
- Gulam Ahamed College of Education, Banjara Hills, Hyderabad
- StAlphonsa’s College of Education, Siddhartha Nagar, Hyderabad
- Govt College of Physical Education, Gagan mahal, Hyderabad
- College of Teacher Education, AMS, Hyderabad
- GovtInstitute of Advanced Study in Education, Masab Tank, Hyderabad
- NSR College of Education, Jambagh, Hyderabad
- Panineeya Mahavidyalaya College of Education, Dilsukhnagar, Hyderabad
- Stann’s College of Education, Sec’bad
Best Quality of Osmania University
- Wonderful Facilities
- Best Libraries Good Education
- Placements Record
- Good Practical Labs
- Good Results
- In spring Environment
- Good Faculties
- Wide Area Campus
- Best Performance
- Understanding with Teachers and Students
OU Contact Details:
- Address: Administrative Building, Osmania University Campus Hyderabad-500007, Telangana State, India.
- Contact No.: +91-40-27682363
- Osmania University Official Website: www.osmania.ac.in
Note: All the fees & dates listed above for Osmania University Admission are tentative. Please visit the University’s official website to verify.
Be the first to leave a review.